Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,836 members, 7,945,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462398 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ Chukie94,Delta007,obietrix
Big thanks to you all. Though I dont knw the outcome of the exam tests carried out by Marien hospital,but I am optimistic that everything is fine and my state of health is good.
I have been able to convince the Nurses at the Gen.hospital to trace my file with them,which they were able to do today. The nurse has eventually found my file and has given it to my Doctor to make the report. In a nutshell,I was told to come for the report tomorrow. Immediately I get the report,I will head for Marien hospital(Designated hospital of CDHC) to give it to its Doctor.
Thanks so much for being supportive with ur comments and advice.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Cuddlemii got it thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2011
@ all

there is a new trend in CDHC now dont know if u have noticed. they r dishiing out medical exam instruction to almost all d August resumptions i know attaching a funny letter saying its still gonna take 4 to 5mths dont finalise traval plan we can still ask for fore documents or interview dont email us, u can still withdraw ur application if u wish etc
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
hey guys, i think everyone expecting their visas and medical instructions should read the attached doc and make plans accordingly

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
joeburster:

hey guys, i think everyone expecting their visas and medical instructions should read the attached doc and make plans accordingly

How did you get hold of this Sir? Was it sent to you?
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
joeburster:

Considering the number of person posting here on this forum as compared to previous fall set, they sure have an unpresedented increase in the number of applicants.But one might be lucky if more documents are not requested.
@joeburster, where u asked to bring more documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ chizquare and @ joeburster
When are your resumption dates? and when did u submit your application? i submitted mine on the 13th of May and i haven't heard anything yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
@tolualds, i submitted mine june 1st for a sept 1st start date
@obietrix n cuddlemii, dt wasn't actually mine, its for a friend who shared it wit me.
Although i've contacted my sch for advise on this development cos i believe wt cdhc means by preparing for eventuality is to be ready for deferrals n i deferred mine last year. My prog has got multiple resumption dates in jan, may n sept, i stil don't know the possibilities of deferring it for a second time. Has anyone seen a case of a second deferral?
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2011
longecity:

I submitted my package april 15th and I was invited for medicals june 6th,did my medical on 23rd june on appointment wt d doctor,received my visa on 24th july.glory be to God most high

@longecity, ,please i want to know if you paid any tuition fee before getting your visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
@joeburster
that document was sent to 4 of my colleagues. am not confortable with it sha. i did my medicals 2 weeks ago and submitted the proof of tuition payment last week friday. i only know of a friend dat has gotten d visa. i wonder wat those guys r up to i mailed dem yesterday and all i got was appologies and dat dey will answer me soom
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
@toluads i submitted 6th of May got a reply 11th of july. my school starts lectures in august 22
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ chizquare: i dont think u will have a problem. u still have enough time before your school start date. i positive ul be given before ur resumption.

@ joeburster: u submitted exactly 3 months before your start date. Have u heard anything from them yet? i hope u wouldn't be told 2 differ. cus dey replied a mail i sent saying,

"Due to the very high volume of applications being received by this"
office, the current processing time for a study permit visa is longer
than 3 months. If you wish to withdraw your application you are
requested to send an email titled URGENT to
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca . The letter must indicate the
applicants full name, date of birth, passport number, tracking number
and date of submission. Emergency requests to withdraw received at our
gate in the morning will be available for pick-up by 4 P.M. If you are
sending someone to collect your documents they must have a letter
signed by the applicant. Further information with respect to visa
processing can be found on the website www.nigeria.gc.ca.

All further inquiries should be directed to
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca.

Regards,

Deputy High Commission of Canada,
Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
Waaw.not funny at all.giving that i have already planned myself n now these guys are talking crap., sad. well jst hope it doesn't affect me at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
@tolualds, when is your start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2011
@gudlov
I paid 1000CAD as tuition fee deposit to secure my space for d program.
@All
I want to ask that what re d likely question bin ask at d port of entry.how much will I carry with me,I mean cash n the cheapest airline.
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
@chuckie, where are u standing
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
how do you mean?lol
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
Good luck 2 u longecity, don't know much about airlines n ticketting perhaps those who have flew there more than once should be of help. Pls when is ur start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ALL

i went for my medicals today, its true about the attachment JOEBURSTER attached cos i saw a lot of guys that came for the medicals were given the letter, when i was in their office at VI, i over heard the receptionist saying over the phone that the only available date were from 14th august to 31st august,

if you have gotten your medicals and needs to do yours on monday 1st august at yaba, i have a space i booked so just make your intrest maybe they can allow you take my slot, JUST WANTED TO HELP

@longercity
please can you post your experience and the documents you used for future applicant, i believe we learnt a lot form here so we need to impact something for others when we get our visa,

@winter applicant
please i will advise you that if your application is ready please go and surmit it or at most on the month of sept
SUCCESS TO ALL
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
umm. ok shud i be panicking? lol. but do the hospital in yaba have an office in VI? I think the CDHC is just trying to do us over. i mean applicants for september. cos they cud actually hv started august resumption from May n september from June. cos honestly i dont see what verification they wud need to do for over a month on just one applicant. its just not realistic to my point of view though. I mean common 3 months for visit or study visa? waaw!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:34am On Jul 30, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin Na wa oh. I'm so freaking confused that I can't help but laugh so I don't develop high bp. You people are even putting fear & tension on someone. Just hope & pray abeg. Too much stories & assumptions. Prayer is the key, please . Please be composed & concentrate on prayers.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 12:57am On Jul 30, 2011
make una no fear, there is a way out of all things, abuja hospitals no get this rush, the only mata na say them they collect 46k as to the lag hospital wei dey collect 28k, well na God get the final say cos i no believe say i fit get an earlier date so i know say same applies to you all
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2011
@longecity,
after u'v done the x-ray at Oshodi, did u return the form u took to Oshodi back to the hospital in Yaba? After ur medical test in Yaba,how long did u waited before u get ur visa?

@Bashtee,
any new development?
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 8:09am On Jul 30, 2011
cindel07:

make una no fear, there is a way out of all things, abuja hospitals no get this rush, the only mata na say them they collect 46k as to the lag hospital wei dey collect 28k, well na God get the final say cos i no believe say i fit get an earlier date so i know say same applies to you all
umm. how solid is this info?i mean the abj hospital?i think i wud consider that as an option.cos honestly the whole queue in lag is something else.well hopefully i get my medical instruction next week then i can start doing my benchmarking from then.but hopefully i wud be as lucky as you were. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2011
longecity:

@gudlov
I paid 1000CAD as tuition fee deposit to secure my space for d program.
@All
I want to ask that what re d likely question bin ask at d port of entry.how much will I carry with me,I mean cash n the cheapest airline.

@longecity,

So were you told to pay your tuition from here or you are going to be able to enter canada with the $1k you have paid as i know your tuition must be more that $1k?
Re: Travelling To Canada by kwuseke: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2011
hello guyz,

why on earth are these embassy guys putting us tru dis long drawn suspense and anxiety?
@newacca, @longeity @ bastee, etc gudluck dudes,
we the other septmber hpefuls are on our way, i trust God on dis!
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2011
@All
These re d documents I submitted that hasten my application process.
1.Waec cert
2.University cert,statement of res n transcript(First class)
3.Polytechnic cert n statement of result (Distinction)
4.Sponsor acc (10 millon plus)
5.Sponsor company acc (3 million plus)
6.Personal acc (1 million plus)
7.SOP
8.Articles of memorandum
9.Tax clearance up to date
10.Certificate of incorporation
11.Landed property
Above all 3months fasting and prayer becos God said "I will show mercy and compassion on whom I show compassion,it is not of him that runneth nor willeth,but of the Lord that showeth mercy".He also said "I will hasten My word to perform it in our lives".just believe.
My start date is sept 5
Pls house I need ans to my last post o cos no one is perfect.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2011
Hmm.lol.na wa oh u really prepared for these guys. i know of ppl who didn't submit that much documents n yet got their visa on time. smiley. well guess its just the quantity of applicants applying this time.
Re: Travelling To Canada by shema: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2011
@longcity
Cud u send me a sample of the SOP?
shema_3@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ALL
Judging from news about the new length of time it'll probably take to process september applications, it seems a fall resumption might not be feasible, I'd like to ask pls, in case of an undergraduate application where international resumptions are only done during the fall, would the embassy process study permits for the next term of admissions if it is clear that it might not be feasible to meet the resumption date for the current term applied for (would they process 4 fall 2012 if fall 2011 wouldn't be feasible)?

Even, if a visa is given but the date of resumption has been past, is the visa given sufficient enough to travel to canada, take courses in another school that accepts international resumptions for spring and then transfer those course to the original intended insitituition of study for the fall term?

Pls, I'll be really greatful if u posted ur ideas on these my questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ALL
Judging from news about the new length of time it'll probably take to process september applications, it seems a fall resumption might not be feasible, I'd like to ask pls, in case of an undergraduate application where international resumptions are only done during the fall, would the embassy process study permits for the next term of admissions if it is clear that it might not be feasible to meet the resumption date for the current term applied for (would they process 4 fall 2012 if fall 2011 wouldn't be feasible)?

Even, if a visa is given but the date of resumption has been past, is the visa given sufficient enough to travel to canada, take courses in another school that accepts international resumptions for spring and then transfer those course to the original intended insitituition of study for the fall term?

Pls, I'll be really greatful if u posted ur ideas on these my questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ joeburster
my school start date is September 6 and i submitted since May 13. yet i haven't heard anything from them. I'm hopeful about dis week though cus dev started attending to September applicants asper medicals,

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.