Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,795 members, 7,933,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:47 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (461642 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2011
But do you actually think they wud refuse someone visa despite holding onto his/her document this long? Mine has been 8weeks n nada from em. so wondering if after all the wait they wud now refuse someone.anyways, the medical from wat i heard from someone in this forum, they don't have available space for medical anytime soon. so dunno if there wud be need to actually rejoice yet upon receiving instructions for medical. sad
Re: Travelling To Canada by rapheal2k9: 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2011
Any1 here know about University of Regina? Trying to get some info regarding their scholarship. If you know something kindly help out. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Chisquare, thanks for d intro to dis forum

the problem wit this year is the volume of applicants. Last year was a lot quieter. submitted may 16th for an august 17th start date. just got the medicals done on friday (yesterday). Despite the clause in their letter its gives some hope when told to go for medicals. Lets keep praying, our answer may tarry but God's on our side.

Best of luck people.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2011
@raphael2k9
maybe u shd chk their site first.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 2:43am On Jul 31, 2011
@longecity
You need like $2000 to $3000 though not really sure of the amount they require, but my cousin that just left for studies had like 2700 with him at the point of entry and he was cleared.
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2011
Chibs001:

@Chisquare, thanks for d intro to dis forum

the problem wit this year is the volume of applicants. Last year was a lot quieter. submitted may 16th for an august 17th start date. just got the medicals done on friday (yesterday). Despite the clause in their letter its gives some hope when told to go for medicals. Lets keep praying, our answer may tarry but God's on our side.

Best of luck people.

@Chibs001

There is always high volume of student permit application to CDHC every year, This yr is not different. A friend of mine applied in 2008 when the avg processing time was 8wks. Her application took 10 wks, and she was told that the reason behind the delay was because of high volume of student permit applications. The number of applications for a student permit to CDHC next yr is going to be more than that of 2011. Congrats on ur Medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 9:34am On Jul 31, 2011
@Chibs001

There is always high volume of student permit application to CDHC every year, This yr is not different. A friend of mine applied in 2008 when the avg processing time was 8wks. Her application took 10 wks, and she was told that the reason behind the delay was because of high volume of student permit applications. The number of applications for a student permit to CDHC next yr is going to be more than that of 2011. Congrats on your Medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada by trodon: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2011
okeys112:

@Chibs001

There is always high volume of student permit application to CDHC every year, This yr is not different. A friend of mine applied in 2008 when the avg processing time was 8wks. Her application took 10 wks, and she was told that the reason behind the delay was because of high volume of student permit applications. The number of applications for a student permit to CDHC next yr is going to be more than that of 2011. Congrats on your Medicals.
Mine is now 12 weeks. Shouldn't one believe that number of applicants is high?
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
but is it actually possible for CDHC to deny someone after holding someone's documents for more than 7 weeks?cos honestly don't seem to be comfy wi the wait.but then hope there wont be a refusal after such wait. sad
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 1:51am On Aug 01, 2011
trodon:

Mine is now 12 weeks. Shouldn't one believe that number of applicants is high?

chukie94:

but is it actually possible for CDHC to deny someone after holding someone's documents for more than 7 weeks?cos honestly don't seem to be comfy wi the wait.but then hope there wont be a refusal after such wait. sad

@ Trodon: H'm, My friends application in 2008 was eventually denied after 10wks of wait. What if they were to grant her d visa; she may have had to be called for an Interview, and then after 1 or 2 wks, she would have been called for Medicals, So most likely she may had spent 15wks waiting for a favorable response.

What i'm trying to say is this: CDHC always has a high volume of student permit application, year in year out. By now they should have a system of handling this seeming unlimited applications with other visa services.

I know of some 1 who got his Student Permit 2nd wk in July, & his application spent an avg of 9wks to be processed, He applied May 6th 2011.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 3:26am On Aug 01, 2011
okeys112:

What i'm trying to say is this: CDHC always has a high volume of student permit application, year in year out. By now they should have a system of handling this seeming unlimited applications with other visa services.

I know of some 1 who got his Student Permit 2nd wk in July, & his application spent an avg of 9wks to be processed, He applied May 6th 2011.

@ Okeys112: True talk, there's the need to improve their handling of applications irrespective of volume. But that person wey you dey talk don go Ca before naa, e no fair to compare am with us naa, cry
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 4:51am On Aug 01, 2011
Chibs001:

@ Okeys112: True talk, there's the need to improve their handling of applications irrespective of volume. But that person wey you dey talk don go Ca before naa, e no fair to compare am with us naa, cry

@Chibs001: Guy!! I know sey na u!! Especially when u dey 10x Chisquare & d whole Medical thingy u did last Fri!!

No b only that guy wey be our common friend don collect permit under 9wks O!, dem plenty, In fact, dis forum get anorda person wey smash our guy record.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2011
So someone cud still actually be denied permit despite the long wait? Waaw. not fair. sad
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2011
My mom just called me that she was called to come and pick up her visiting visa at the embassy. We applied together. We also wrote the same traveling dates. I also included letter of affidavit from her, her bank statement etc in my own study permit application. I checked the courier service we used Red Star, no information has changed for me or her. Meaning online tracking via courier is not good enough. You have to liaise with the embassy themselves. Why haven't they gotten back to me yet?

Mine is over 2 months, I submitted on May 16th. I'm so bothered. She is going to pick up her visa tomorrow morning.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2011
@okeys112
What reasons was she given for denial, surely, there's a lot wrong with waiting 10weeks 4 a denial.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Cuddlemii

So it took 11 weeks to process your mums visitors visa?!!!! Chai, well all u can be is be positive. Since ur using her docs., its probably your case might be fine (fingers crossed), but seriously, the length of time is killing!
Re: Travelling To Canada by demminic: 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2011
Hey longecity,try get your study permit first and then you can think of getting ticket to your destination.anyway you can call this line for your choice of airline for any class.08122385189.they write ur ticket.
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Cuddlemii just relax as you've always been, one more authentic positive sign for ya!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
@epic

After 3 weeks of submission, they returned her package asking her to change her passport photographs & reduce the amount she paid on her bank draft because I over payed. So she submitted it back on June 29th and was called this morning to come pick up her visa that it is ready. She would go tomorrow morning so I will ask her to enquire about mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2011
Cuddlemii:

My mom just called me that she was called to come and pick up her visiting visa at the embassy. We applied together. We also wrote the same traveling dates. I also included letter of affidavit from her, her bank statement etc in my own study permit application. I checked the courier service we used Red Star, no information has changed for me or her. Meaning online tracking via courier is not good enough. You have to liaise with the embassy themselves. Why haven't they gotten back to me yet?

Mine is over 2 months, I submitted on May 16th. I'm so bothered. She is going to pick up her visa tomorrow morning.

but the truth is they won't give u the response you want. and I guess the problem is with the courier service u used.besides there is no way CDHC wud respond to ur request to know how far they hv gone wi ur application. so i guess its jst all crazy. waiting n kept in the dark all cos of permit. waaw. crazy world.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
@House,
I am really fed up of the all thing. It's just God I rely on. I went to submit report from my Doctor that I am TB free to the Medical practioner desginated by CDHC at Yaba. The white lady told me that she has submitted the report and that x-ray reveals something on the chest. She said [b]PROBABLY [/b]the TB comes back,which I am very sure it's not the case. I don't any any chest pain since I was cured of the ailment in 2003 and even with regular exercise. She told me she will submit the report my own Doctor wrote to CDHC today and they may call me for further examination. She doesnt know yet. She concluded that she will submit the report of my own Doctor to CDHC today. I am confused! I won't lie. I know I am healthy and fine.
The only hope I have now is with God. Cos,Allah is capable of doing all things and in him I rely.
Guys,that's d latest news from me.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
EpicWin:

@okeys112
What reasons was she given for denial, surely, there's a lot wrong with waiting 10weeks 4 a denial.

@ Epicwin: She was told they were not sure if she was going to study.

@Cuddlemii: Next time use DHL/UPS, they are very efficient when it comes to online tracking. Meanwhile, u said u submitted 16th May. What is ur sch start date 4 ur Prog?? Chibs001 submitted 16th May and he has already don his Medicals last Friday, H'm, i think he is a bad guy.

@ newacca: Relax!!! Or u can 4get ur fist on the Dr's face. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2011
okeys112:

@ Epicwin: She was told they were not sure if she was going to study.

@Cuddlemii: Next time use DHL/UPS, they are very efficient when it comes to online tracking. Meanwhile, u said u submitted 16th May. What is your sch start date 4 your Prog?? Chibs001 submitted 16th May and he has already don his Medicals last Friday, H'm, i think he is a bad guy.

@ newacca: Relax!!! Or u can 4get your fist on the Dr's face. grin

My start date is October 11th, probably that explains the delay. They probably have to ans Sept peeps first. Anyways my mom would be there by 8am to pick hers. I pray I will have a package to receive too for medicals. Fingers crossed!
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2011
nellydee:

You're soo right, I used Redstar too. According to my online tracking, no information has been upload yet while I got an email from CDHC saying they have sent out my medical instruction, after I emailed them for a status update. They even attached the letter again on the email. Am going to redstar's office tomorrow. They r really lousy. But atleast Thank God, it's a positive answer. He's really an awesome God!!

I have not sent an email to CDHC yet. I will just ask my mom to check if I have anything from them. When is your start date? When did you apply? What school?
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2011
if ur resuming in sept. den dont worry ur heads. those cdhc folks r not ready for u yet trust me. dey r still battling with august resumtions
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 1:39am On Aug 02, 2011
@chizquare
no give information that you are not sure of, if they are not ready for sept start date then why was i and other sept start date invited, when i went for medicals, i saw a lot of sept start dates there so what are you talking about.

@sept start date and newacca,
God is in control cos he will finish what he has started, i will not cease to put you all in prayers

@cuddlemii
congrat am so happy and i believe more of us will scale through

@chibs001
guess i met you when you did your medicals, were you d guy who went for interview on tuesday abi na da doctor and was it at VI you did your medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 1:53am On Aug 02, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 3:38am On Aug 02, 2011
@tolyem,obitrex,kweseke,omosanyaolak,gullylover,kingsley 2007,slamdunk 99,gel03,marcar,i4real,henrywest, and others, how far with your application
Re: Travelling To Canada by omosanyaolak(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2011
@cindel,thanks for ur concern.there is no real news for now and its over 3months.CDHC replied my mail yesterday: saying they were sorry for the delay due to peak period and they'l endervour to reach decision on my application very soon,then get back to me.@cindel,thanks for ur concern.there is no real news for now and its over 3months.CDHC replied my mail yesterday: saying they were sorry for the delay due to peak period and they'l endervour to reach decision on my application very soon,then get back to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2011
@cindel07

am only quoting the content of the email dey have been sending to people who where making enquiries on their application. though i have been off the forum for a while. glad to hear we r making progress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.