Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,702 members, 7,945,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462377 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
lol. cant stop laffing at this kayceelow. lmao!

@ all: im not quite happy with these guys cos they keep u waiting n then deny you. not quite a happy bunny now. sad
Re: Travelling To Canada by easye2011(m): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
This kaycelow is not serious o.

@all: have anyone got any news from CDHC
Re: Travelling To Canada by FIMO: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2011
My application has spent 10weeks with CDHC and with just a month to resumption, still dont know my faith. this week is almost my last hope cos after this week i feel my chances of making classes in sept will get dimer considering the tasks we still have ahead. I mailed them last week but told me the same story of high volume and longer processing time, i taya o.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
@FIMO

when did you apply,

@chukie,

take am easy cos i believe everything is working out in your favor
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2011
@cindel:thnx dearie.i jst hope to get a positive one.my gf already got hers so left wi mine n its piling more pressure on me. sad. though shes EU citizen.but yea wudn't mind smiling like her. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by FIMO: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2011
@cindel
I applied may 26 and resuming 6th sept at Uottawa
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2011
@Cuddlemii Congrats O. Alberta is now in Sight!

This is taking much longer than i expected, Submitted 27th May for Sept  start date . I see people here who submitted much earlier and they still haven't been replied.

Just like chukie94 Ive got back up plans, but the show aint over till the fat Lady sings!

@Chukie94 am feeling u on this man. The whole thing is like one endless Chinese soap opera.  I say we wait for season finale! Following this episode by episode is nerve racking at the very least
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 1:18am On Aug 04, 2011
NL Medical Invites so far: Newacca, Cuddlemii, Chizquare, Chibs001, Nellydee, Cindel07 and Easye2011.

@ FIMO: U still have 2 wks under ur belt to be summoned for Medicals b4 ur Sch start date, Try chill out ur tension.

@ Chukie94: U submitted July 6th for Sept 6th start date, Seriously?? Have u visited Ca b4?? Cos thats 1 criteria dey may consider 2 attend 2 ur application within the limited time u v.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ojdollars(m): 4:42am On Aug 04, 2011
@All,  Just want to know if Visiting Visa for Hols and tourism is treated the same way as Student Visa at the Canadian High Commissions there in Lagos? I would appreciate a clear answer to my question. Thank you in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2011
@okey: well according to their official site, its written there that it takes a max of 11 weeks. so was making my whole plan based on 11 weeks. on getting back to naija i began to hear its 3months. i was like wat the heck. got loads of friends in CA n they said theirs took like 2months. so dunno where d idea of 3 months came from. but funny enof anyways its either i get it or i dont. those are the only 2 options available. lol. in btw, i have heard of ppl who hv been to CA n they were denied study permit. lol. so u jst cant predict these guys. its only yankee who gives u visa once n u wud continue to get their visa till u drop dead.lol. n umm guess i made a mistake by stating july 6th. it was JUNE 6th. smiley.
Re: Travelling To Canada by MrChuks1(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2011
Great people,

Please help me out. I intend applying to Seneca College (Graduate Certificate in Project Management-Environmental) and Conestoga College (Graduate Certificate in Environmental Engineering Applications). The thing is, I don't know how good these colleges are and my chances of employment after graduation.

For the records, I have applied to many Canadian universities for masters but none accepted my 2.2 degree (GPA of 3.48). Hence my resolve to opt for a graduate certificate course. The graduate certificate courses above seem to be more of a perfect fit for me compared to other graduate programs.

My first degree was in Chemical Engineering and I have about 2 yrs work experience in the construction (environmental) sector. I intend to start studies in Canada by next Sept (2012).

I need those based in Canada or with a good idea of the educational system there to tell me how these colleges rank, considering I will be spending about $10,000 on tuition.

All replies are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ruleurtime: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2011
Factory Fitted A.c
Transmission:MANUAL
Low Fuel Consumption
FABRIC Seats[b][/b]
Power Steering
Driver Air Bag
Passenger Air Bag
Power Locks
6 LOADED CD PLAYER
CAR TAPE
Fm/Am stereo
Power Windows
Power Locks
Lagos clear
Interested person should contact OLU ON 08129149488

Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2011
@Bashtee
where are you? how far?

@all
God is our strength. Let's keep our faith in God and keep it alive.
Re: Travelling To Canada by collinsfbi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2011
Great people,

Please help me out. I intend applying to Seneca College (Graduate Certificate in Project Management-Environmental) and Conestoga College (Graduate Certificate in Environmental Engineering Applications). The thing is, I don't know how good these colleges are and my chances of employment after graduation.

For the records, I have applied to many Canadian universities for masters but none accepted my 2.2 degree (GPA of 3.48). Hence my resolve to opt for a graduate certificate course. The graduate certificate courses above  seem to be more of a perfect fit for me compared to other graduate programs.

My first degree was in Chemical Engineering and I have about 2 yrs work experience in the construction (environmental) sector. I intend to start studies in Canada by next Sept (2012).

I need those based in Canada or with a good idea of the educational system there to tell me how these colleges rank, considering I will be spending about $10,000 on tuition.

All replies are welcome.
Have you tried MUN, with your CGPA maybe you can be lucky though I applied too with 3.34 and I was denied but urs is a little bit higher than mine, so why don't you give it a trial and make sure you package your application very well. Check out this encouraging comment here: from Wip4: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-429185.0.html page1

there is high posiblity of you getting University with that your CGPA of 3.40 in canada. dont loose hope and be strong anf package your application well with supporting documents, you can have another sheet for your work experience, add your NYSC, and strong motivational letter to convince them. just last year i personally took my girlfriend application to this skool with CGPA of 3. 33 and she is now in this skool, i met with the grad school director and she did some calculations on the CGPA and told me that it falls to C grade in their own scheme and wit her motivation, that she will be accepted as soon as her departmental members and faculty members go tru her transcripts. she is there now studying. Also the fees is so affordable to pay too cheap self .  contact this university MEMORAIL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND  www.mun.ca

uNiversity name: Memorial University of Newfoundland canada
web: www.mun.ca
tuition fees pa semester: 953CAD.
chek it and email the grad school wit your transcript and ask if you can be accepted.

There are alot of universities in canada but each province have diffrent rules and scheme, but canadian universities do prefer higher 2. 1 from Nigeria even some will say you  must have first class

Hope this help?

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
@collinsbi
Pls I want to ask that what re d document ur girl friend presented at the port of entry,cash and the time she get to canada when compare with the start date (is it 2wks or one wk before resumption time)
Thanks your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ all: just got a message from red star fedex to come get my rply, will keep u guys posted. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2011
tolualds:

@ all: just got a message from red star fedex to come get my rply, will keep u guys posted. cheers!

See I told u guys to be patient and calm, hiss. worry would get u no where. we are waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada by collinsfbi(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
@collinsbi
Pls I want to ask that what re d document your girl friend presented at the port of entry,cash and the time she get to canada when compare with the start date (is it 2wks or one wk before resumption time)
Thanks your response will be highly appreciated
She wasn't my girlfriend, i only quoted Wip4 comment on how he helped her girlfriend who graduated with 3.40 to gain admission to MUN. So try if you can get Wip4 contact then, he will be the best to expalin on those docs and how he can help some pple with likely CGPA. So try hard to get wip4 contact, so sorry for not being able to help.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2011
tolualds:

tolualds. GO! GO!! GO!!! Go get it! Go get ur medical instructions.
Re: Travelling To Canada by okeys112(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2011
@Chukie94

I dey feel u, but, CDHC's parent site will always say u shuld visit the website of the country u wish to apply from. Yeah, the 9ja CDHC site had 10wks up when most people were planning on applying, but later updated it  April 27th, to an avg processing time of 12wks. U said u submitted June 6th. Anyways, it is not an applicants fault that there processing activity takes 12wks/12mths/12yrs, wotever.

As per the Ca visit yarns i asked, i did not say they will issue u visa if u v been dere b4, i said:They MAY consider to ATTEND to ur application within the limited time u v.

@Tolualds: All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by pinehearst: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2011
Please house I need you guys help serious.
I've drafted, redrafted and redrafted the affidavit from the sponsor, sponsor’s letter and SOP, just so scared of getting it wrong.
Please can a successful visa applicant help me with a sample so I can benchmark with what I’ve written.
this my email address- topjsho@yahoo.com
Thanks so much in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada by xami(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ayoalade. pls cn u help wt info on hw to get a work in canada dt wld enable me to aply fr a temporary work permit frm naija here,  i ve bn aplyn on jobbank canada n other linkd sites bt notin is comin up n a friend whos wilin to sponsor me from here cashwise is gtin fed up as he tinks i'm makin up xcuses,  pls i wdnt wnt to loose d chance again. i ve bn tryin for yrs nw. currently i scored 75 n 69 in points unda federal skild n trades respctively bt my sponsor's fund wld onli cova fr work permit. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
@all: Does anyone knw how long it takes to get appointments at the hospitals n which one has the least patients to attend to?
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolualds(f): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ bashtee, @ cindel07 @ longcity @ newacca.
ya all, i have been called for medicals already 2day. thank God. I hope everything works out perfectly for good.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2011
waaw.nice one. so u done it already or u still hvnt gotten appointment?did they attach a letter to urs??
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ tolualds Congrats! getting an invitation for medicals this early(compared to us who haven't been replied) means you will most likely wrap up the whole process sooner than later.

U applied sometime bout 16th May right? Well i applied a bit later lets see how the story goes for me ey,  But the show aint over till the fat Lady sings
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ all

av been thru hell and back over the past few hours. this morning a lady with a funny acsent called me asking me about the tuition i was asked to pay. she said the amount i paid wasnt enough ($3000 for 1 term)
she asked me too pay for one full yr which was abt $8200.
i had to run arround to make the payment using my mastercard. you cant imagine that when i requested for the proof of payment from the school they told me they dont use master card for deposit anymore and that they will refund all my money including the one i paid 3 weeks ago.

glory be to God, after series of calls and emails she sent the confirmation. so am going to CDHC to show the docs coz the lady said that was all thats holding my visa. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
^have u done ur medicals chizquare?
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
@cuddlemi
i did it on the 16th of july
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
ok good. nland peeps r all going to canada. me love it like that. congrats dear
Re: Travelling To Canada by chukie94: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
realy just wish i cud smile like everyone else on this forum. sad. but nonetheless i knw i wud.in due time. smiley.cheers to all those who got theirs.enjoy ur stay in CA
Re: Travelling To Canada by Chibs001: 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
chizquare:

@ all

av been thru hell and back over the past few hours. this morning a lady with a funny acsent called me asking me about the tuition i was asked to pay. she said the amount i paid wasnt enough ($3000 for 1 term)
she asked me too pay for one full yr which was abt $8200.
i had to run arround to make the payment using my mastercard. you cant imagine that when i requested for the proof of payment from the school they told me they dont use master card for deposit anymore and that they will refund all my money including the one i paid 3 weeks ago.

glory be to God, after series of calls and emails she sent the confirmation. so am going to CDHC to show the docs coz the lady said that was all thats holding my visa. wink

Congrats bro. But again this guyz dey vex o, 1 full year's tuition! CDHC won bad gan!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.