Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,110 members, 7,890,694 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (458822 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by usask4life: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
@ oluweri and snuteria. Were ur sponsor's both contacted either by CDHC or their banks prior to meds invitation? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2011
@oluweri how much is the cost for the medicals,
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
@ usask4life, my sponsors were not contacted. from experience, most times when cdhc notice that your sponsor is not your relative, they tend to verify the account and also if they dont trust the bank statement they tend to confirm from the bank if they issued the statement to your sponsor and most times they bank contacts the sponsors before responding to cdhc. if cdhc contacts the bank that's progress on your part because once they verify it you are good to go. so stay positive.
one of my sponsor is in canada, i believe they recognise the statement when they saw it. and my dad got a letter from his bank stating he owns the account and they are aware that he will also be sponsoring me that's why he requested for the statment. may be that's the reason they didnt contact the bank again.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2011
@ bashtee, it's something positive as long as the sponsor gives a positive and favourable response.

medicals is 27000 in yaba and 28000 naira in V.I
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2011
@snuteria
Ok man,my sponsor just told me that he got a call frm the bank to verify.
which school are you going to?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 1:03am On Nov 07, 2011
@bashtee
Experience has shown that verification of bank accounts is the last thing cdhc do when they have decided to give u visa or medicals .so,be rest assured u will get it.And,when did u submit your appliction.
@all
would cdhc be observing sallah holiday.
Re: Travelling To Canada by henrywest(m): 1:04am On Nov 07, 2011
God bless you snueria. Thanks for the information, Wish u the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 7:20am On Nov 07, 2011
@bullstriker
Tanx 4 the infomation.My case is a long one, I submitted my doc since April by July they advise me to differ my admission because I did not include a reference letter from the Bank to support d statement.I collected my passport and travelled,wen I returned I resubmitted a new statement and my Passport 27th October a week later they called the bank called my sponsor.
@ all from my experience it is very important that you attach a bank reference letter and Affidavit of support if you are using a sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 7:31am On Nov 07, 2011
@bashtee I just submitted bank statement and letter from the sponsor but i do not know about any letter from bank or something well it was a company support and they added so many other documents also they stated on the letter that they should contact them for any more details required by them, All the same all will well,
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 7:43am On Nov 07, 2011
@cycline404
pls whoever is supporting you should try and getting a refrence letter from the bank attached to the statement,this will confirm that your sponsor has access to the funds, it is very necessary.
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2011
@cy404 & @uaskforlife sorry for not replying on time i am not a regular on the forum.
I believe snuteria has answered all ur questions.
it is important that u add a letter from the bank either being sponsored( esp that) or self sponsorship. the banks know how to write the format for the purpose indicated. this always indicate what that the person is using his/her account for (to sponsor the applicant) and wheter the person is a sole signatory or not etc ( this will be more useful for new comers) if there is a letter like this from the bank your sponsor might not be called. but be rest assured they verify all accounts you put if not anything else. cheers matey`s
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2011
@all.
with regards to the medicals 28K at vi ( from investigations their service is better than the other one and faster) be ready for a full physical examination in your b/day suit (they check ur lymph nodes, cancerous areas for tumor, your body sensitivity etc). and others (urine bloods samples et al) eye test and some medical history [i was asking d doc as he was checking each area]. if u have tattos, tribal marks ,incisions or undergone any form of surgery (they carry out additional test) etc you hold extra change for that. sorry if i do not reply on time but i am sure my guy @snuteria always got me back.
there can only be success to all on this forum.
cheers matey`s
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 10:22am On Nov 07, 2011
@ oloweri, that's a great one from you. how are you doing? thanks for yabbing me. IPOD, IPAD, regards to your spouse.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 10:32am On Nov 07, 2011
If you get a letter from the bank you are reducing the work for cdhc, thereby hastening your application processing. but if you dont send a refernce letter, they will have to contact the bank and if the bank does not respond on time, it delays your application. and if they dont respond at all it can be, but you can always send additional docs to support your apps. I did that twice. it is well friends, we will all get there.
@ bulstriker be expecting urs this week or next.
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2011
@snuteria
grin dont you know i am a comedian ( a little bit grin true) abi u no LMAO that day. just joking . signing out.
cheers mate
Re: Travelling To Canada by shakers(m): 10:59am On Nov 07, 2011
Hello house,
Good to hear abt d med invite, I submitted since sept 2nd oh thru fedex, till now no words from dem oh, I'm hoping to hear from them dis week to next week by God's grace.
Will d courier company call me wen dey get the package?
Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2011
@snuteria.Thanks for the encouragement.And,i must confess;i like the way u give answers to questions promptly.
@bashtee
That's a long time.My own is only 2 months and some weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 3:39am On Nov 08, 2011
@ All, anybody heard from CDHC lately ? swift response is highly apprciated,
Re: Travelling To Canada by latentt: 4:33am On Nov 08, 2011
hello ,,plz do any1 know about memorial university of newfoundland and labradori applied there and wana knw more about the school
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
@All

It is now officially 5months and 22hours since I submitted my application 4 a student visa to CDHC. Its an emotionally draining experience waiting 4 clear cut illuminating news from them concerning my application, I've done Medicals(August 12th), resubmitted another start date 4 the spring when asked too and the last email I got back (replied 26th Oct) to an enquiry about my app status; also asking them how I could help them in any way quicken my app (sent 20th Oct) first said that they "acknowledge the receipt of my app by their office, blah, blah" and another reply sent an hour later (maybe the gin had cleared from the eye's of the person replying) said "We will endeavour to reach a decision on ur app asap", I dunno what to really extract from such a message, "have they being endeavouring 4 the past 2 weeks since they replied, and 5months and roughly a day since I applied?" Doesn't look like it. "Is my app missen" I dunno, is it being verified, I'm clueless, "r they trying make juju money with my future while using my Docs as a source of contact?", I'm seriously leaning towards this idea, because I'm mentally fagged out! I'm tired of thinking and asking myself all the What's? Why's? Etc Thank the Lord I have a job and other things to look forward too, but my patience weans by the minute and I'm thinking they must be some level of "illegality" 4 an embassy to hold someones passport(s) and essential docs (I was mumu enuff to take them by their word and submit all originals, like play,like play their website changed average processing time from 3months to 4-6months, I submitted when it said 3months oh), rant over, it is well.

@Monie Any news bout ur app yet? Have u returned ur passport yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
@Epic Win .i understand how u fill.Patience should be your companion as far as cdhc is concerned.Did u say u submitted a new start date for spring(april-may)?if so, u have to buy more patience .lol.It is not funny,but if yr start date is not winter(january),then u have a lot of waiting to do,because they can't give study permit for a program that starts in april or may(spring).since yr medicals has reached them,the delay can only mean one thing:they are waiting for yr start date to draw nearer before issuing u your trv.That if u are sure yr program starts on spring and not winter(january). grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
@EpicWin
Just relax by God's grace u will get it.Since you ve done the medicals,its only TRV left to be issued.I believe they will start issuing them in batches,what they issuing mostly now is Medicals.My own case,it is like 6 months my Doc have been with dem am stil waiting.
No worry dem too much make den no come vex oh.Even Newacca has been waitng for same period.I believe we will all get it by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
@Bullstriker Meant January. Thnx.
@Bashtee. Thnx, Wow, 6months! Have u done medicals yet? What's their excuse?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2011
@EpicWin
I ve done medicals yet
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ epicwin, man take it cool, since you have something doing, I think you should start worrying if by the end of the month or early december you dont hear from them. a friend too, who is in your shoes though not a nairalander has also been waiting, he did his medicals in august, and he is still waiting and praying, one thing I know is cdhc has not started issueing trv for january so stay cool. if you worry cdhc, they can get angry or maybe look for one flimsy excuse to deny you. na God dey help everyone. just know that for sure ur trv will come. 'cos they have finalised your case and the will issue you when dey start issueing trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
@snuteria,
Na so dem this ppl dey do sometimes. No lele. Relax. God is in control

@usask4life,
Thx. so much brov. God willing. We all gotta smile at last.

@Bashtee,

The CDHC calls d bank and the bank confirms from ur sponsor. The banks are called to confirm if the acct. is real,if it truly belongs to name u supplied as sponsor and if the balance is the same as the statement of acct. printed. If all these r on point,I think one is on positive side,as per the comment I see 4rm ppl. here. was ur sponsor's banker called? If yes,seems something positive is coming,as I was tld. here that dat is mostly the concluding step of deciding on visa application at CDHC.

@Epicwin,

Patience is d watchword. have u 4gotten me so soon? I am still here and my application has reached 7th month on 4th Nov. though I was given further medical instructions,but I got call 4 interview 3mths after my visa application and another extra 9 days to get medical invite. I completed my 2nd medical test on 27th oct. and I got fingers crossed,waiting on God to perfect his good work. So,take lil patience Bruv. Bashtee,mine is now 7mths.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
@newacca
Yeah,my sponsor was called by his bank to confirm if he knowz me.I just pray sometin positive is on d way.let us keep fingers cross
Re: Travelling To Canada by cophild: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2011
Wanna wish all U Canada hopefuls Success O

One advice Sha, As u apply for a canadian school always ve a PlanB by either applyin to an american or english school too cos these canadians fit give person HBP
For me As I Applied for the Canadian Ish I also did dat for d US and believe me under 2months I ve concluded evri evri for the American School and Now Ve My Visa
Me don bone d canadian Ish Since O, The American embassy lets U knw ur status on d spot which to me is better Ojare, jst ma own piece sha

All d best Guys!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:48am On Nov 09, 2011
^^^ Lol but true
Re: Travelling To Canada by sam4all(m): 5:02am On Nov 09, 2011
i wish you the best
Re: Travelling To Canada by sam4all(m): 5:03am On Nov 09, 2011
i wish you successs
Re: Travelling To Canada by Aiwehia: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2011
Hi Peeps, can anyone pls give me an idea of how long it take to process the medicals? i'm yet to hear from CDHC i believe i'll hear from them somehow, but i just want to know if it will not be too late since i'm for Jan 2012. Pls has anyone received a medical invitation recently? do you think it is safe if i email them? mine is getting close to 3mts now!
@Snuteria @Newacca @Bashtee et al you guys are doing really good, keep it up, i'm really encouraged by u guys
@Usask 4life: are u going to university of Saskatchewan?
Anyone going to the university of Saskatchewan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.