Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,778 members, 7,972,798 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:31 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464098 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by dappyboy: 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2011
Please i want to attend a conference in canada i have got my invitation letter and my company is willing to sponsor me what are the supporting documents required please.
Re: Travelling To Canada by slamdunk99(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
@all, nyc job u guys are doing here. I just got admissn 4 masters in uni of sask, though i hv not received my letter. Hv read thru all pages n preping my app. Hv some que 1. My mum is ma sponsor but most of her share cert r shared wit ma dad, can i still include dem 2. still on nysc POP in sept, hp it wont affect ma app. 3. Must g be present in lag 4 police cert, wat oda options do i hv. Pls a reply will b highly appreciated. Tnx.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ all, for the benefit of those asking the same question here about the required documentation, here is a place you can find out what you need to apply for study visa in Canada:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf
This provides you a checklist of all the documentation you will have to submit with your application for student visa if you applying from Nigeria. If something is not mentioned here on the checklist, I will advise not to include it, otherwise you may end up opening another can of worm.

I hope everyone will take the time to read this link as it essentially answers all these question about tax clearances and other documentations. If you're intending to go and become a student in Canada, it is worth taking the time to review the information in this link, read it, understand it and that should answer all of your questions.

And for general information about applying for student visa, here is the guideline provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for everyone, again, read it, and understand the content therein - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5269E.PDF

Good luck to you all,
Re: Travelling To Canada by slamdunk99(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2011
@all, Pls someone help me wit a reply 2 my que above, anybody pls. Esp that of police cert, really dont want 2 go 2 lagos at least not now. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada by anfanio: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2011
Do not include the share certificates except you are making both (mom and dad) your sponsors.

Read this for the clearance -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-81595.0.html
Re: Travelling To Canada by babsharon(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2011
@ obietrix, where u asked to pay minimum tuition fees before b4 dey said a letter to the embassy? I mean d collect u applied for.
@ayoade tanx for all contribution to dis forum, my question is dat after given admission by some skuls u will be ask to pay minimum tuition fees?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ babsharon - I'm sure every school has it's policy regarding the tuition payment. I think the minimum payment that is being referred to here is probably some form of deposit which may be x% of the total tuiton. This may be a proof of payment that will be submitted to the High Commission for your visa. Again, if in doubt, it's always best to check with the school in question.
Re: Travelling To Canada by kurungu: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ayoalade and others
Kindly advice my collegue in the office has recievd her parcel for medicals in either abuja or lagos clinics as directd. Which is better because her skool resumes 1st week of may and she learnt the medicals result delays abit so she will prefer use the faster one.
Also she has been asked to send sponsors bank statement again after the one she submitted.what should she submitt now having submited bank statement of her sponsor.
Everyone your advice will be of great help.
welldone
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:27am On Mar 29, 2011
kurungu:

@ayoalade and others
Kindly advice my collegue in the office has recievd her parcel for medicals in either abuja or lagos clinics as directd. Which is better because her skool resumes 1st week of may and she learnt the medicals result delays abit so she will prefer use the faster one.
Also she has been asked to send sponsors bank statement again after the one she submitted.what should she submitt now having submited bank statement of her sponsor.
Everyone your advice will be of great help.
welldone
There's no faster one. She can call both to see which one will give her an appointment asap. They both have to send the results to Paris, which is where the delay occurs. However, she's in pretty good shape, timewise if she is shooting for the Fall (Sept).

As for the sponsorship, she probably needs to send updated bank statements which should be consistent with what she initially sent.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
Delta007:

There's no faster one. She can call both to see which one will give her an appointment asap. They both have to send the results to Paris, which is where the delay occurs. However, she's in pretty good shape, timewise if she is shooting for the Fall (Sept).

As for the sponsorship, she probably needs to send updated bank statements which should be consistent with what she initially sent.

@ Delta007 - Well said!

@kurungu, when you said school resumes in May, is she planning on taking summer courses? Most schools resume in the Fall (September). As Delta said, if September is the target, there will be enough time between the receipt of the medical tests and the conclusion of the whole process. However, if she's planning to start in May, time may not be on her side. So, I would suggest she starts aiming for the Fall.

And make sure the information on the account statement => the one on the previous statement to avoid anything that may be detrimental to the process.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bumdish: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hi Ayoade, thanks for the good work you are doing here. Kindly help check up an email I sent to email addy u provided. Thanks a great deal.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mailty: 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hiya,finally heard from Dal today. To make their on my application i was asked to send;
i) personal statement one.
ii) a letter outlining ur life and work experiences since you last attended school.Pls include a description of your educational goals and your motivation to succeed at university study.
iii) Your final high school transcipt - high school- Nigeria.
My questions are what;
i) what is the difference btw i and ii above?
ii) does final high school transcipt mean waec certifcate only.
Pls enlighten me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 7:02pm On Mar 29, 2011
@ mailty, are applying for a Master's or an undergraduate degree? If the former, then you do not need a high school trascript. You only require your post-secondary education transcripts. However, if you're applying for an undergraduate degree, then your WAEC result is the equivalent of your final High School Transcripts.

Personal Statement - a document briefly describing your educational and/or professional experience (including publications, awards and relevant employment), your graduate program goals, and your reasons for wanting to attend Dalhousie. Explain any gaps or deficiencies in your academic record, or any other factors you wish to have taken into account.

Letter Outlining Your life and Work Experiences - This will essentially be your Curriculum Vitae or Resume.

Feel free to ask any question you may have about Dal. I am an alumnus and I live in around Halifax where Dal is located.

@bumdish - I will check and respond to your e-mail ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mailty: 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
@ayoalade, am going for an undergraduate degree.
I heard that nova scotia is not for young people,its dry and no good jobs.
What does it does it cost to rent one bedroom apartment with a living rm,bath/toilet and a kitchen?
what part of Halifax would be ideal?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 1:31am On Mar 30, 2011
@ mailty - those who said that have probably not lived in Nova Scotia before. While it is true that economically the province is not on the same level as Ontario and some other bigger provinces, it is also a fact that if you are able to secure the right employment here, you are much better off than going to live in the so called "prosperous" provinces. Having said that, it's all about individual. I love it here and will never trade it for anywhere in Canada. Mind you, I've lived in 5 of the provinces before (including Ontario), so I'm speaking from experience.

Nevertheless, if your lifestyle is geared towards a place that is "wet" (per your reference to the dryness in Nova Scotia), you can still come here and study at Dal (which is by the way, one of the oldest and best universities in Canada), and then make your way to any province of your choice. There is no reason why you have to stay here in Nova Scotia.

In comparison to some other provinces, cost of living here is relatively lower than other places, you should be able to find a decent apartment for at least $500 - $700 per month, depending on where you wan to reside. If I'm renting an apartment in my house, that's probably the range I would be looking at. Anyway, I hope all goes well for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by LoveKing(m): 6:07am On Mar 30, 2011
@ayoalade

Did you see it?
Re: Travelling To Canada by mailty: 10:02am On Mar 30, 2011
@ayoalade you are right.
Which part of Halifax, should i look for accommodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ mailty - Well, if you are looking for accommodation around the south end of Halifax which is essentially where Dalhousie is located, it can be very pricey! However, most students prefer to live very close to the campus so they won't have to commute especially during Winter smiley

However, if you're willing to live in someone's basement apartment or get a room in someones house, it may be cheaper for you. However, you may be losing some freedom that you'd have loved to have.

The farther away you are from the south end or central halifax the cheaper it may be for you (again, depending on the type of accommodation) but then, you will have to travel on the bus or get a vehicle to get to school.

I can make some quick calls for you to see where things are with respect to the best student accommodation in town, Have you started working on getting your visa yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ LoveKing - yes, I have responded to your e-mail
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
hello
i am a 29 yr old medical doctor married to a 25 yr old nurse. i have an offer of a masters program in U of S.
i am preparing to apply for a study permit. however i intend taking my wife along. my sponsor is in order, i have a job that pays about 2m per annum. my wife takes about a third of that. we both have verifiable letters of references stating that our jobs will be available upon return. every other routine document is available
please advice me on this
Re: Travelling To Canada by LoveKing(m): 6:12am On Mar 31, 2011
ayoalade:

@ LoveKing - yes, I have responded to your e-mail

Thanks, I've sent you a reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chizquare: 7:25am On Mar 31, 2011
please people i need your advice on this. should i go ahead and include my wife or will it work against me
Re: Travelling To Canada by amdman: 7:42am On Mar 31, 2011
Am interested in an LLM (Masters for Lawyers) or other masters degrees in Canada. My concern is whether to submit my University transcript or Law School transcript. University degree was a 5-year programme and law school 1-year. I have 2.2 from University and 2.1 from Law School.

Which should I submit pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Feichi(m): 11:25am On Mar 31, 2011
Guys,
I wanna ask if dis Canadian visa sponsorship where one has to pay 12% of d money to d sponsor when he gets to canada is real cos d advert is so much on d paper,  I also want to know d geniue agents in lagos,  Pls reply,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Vally11: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
amdman:

Am interested in an LLM (Masters for Lawyers) or other masters degrees in Canada. My concern is whether to submit my University transcript or Law School transcript. University degree was a 5-year programme and law school 1-year. I have 2.2 from University and 2.1 from Law School.

Which should I submit pls?

You should submit both the law school transcript and undergraduate transcript. Your chances of getting admission is higher with the 2.1 from Law school, besides on your application, you will be required to submit transcripts from all the schools you have listed on there, that you have attended. Same situation applies for the LLM or if you are going for another masters degree. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada by MeNutty(f): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2011
Hi all,

Pls i want to find out if canadian universities accept two combined result from waec and neco for their admission. (kindly specify the school) and do they waive toefl for undergraduate applicants from Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada by ayoalade(m): 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ chizsquare - unfortunately, this forum is about Canada, not sure if there are people in the house that can advise you. I live in Canada and my knowledge of US immigration is not that extensive and I cannot claim to be an expert in that department, anyone in the house wanna help?

@ amdman - Everytime you apply to study at any instititution in Canada, you are required to submit the results from all previous educational institution you have attended and this will include the Law School. I believe since you have a relatively low GPA from the University program, showing your result from the Law School may work to your advantage.

@ Feichi - this agent thing about Canada don tire me o! Please in the name of God, don't throw your money in the garbage. I've received e-mails from individuals that have been scammed by these so called agents! My advise for you is that you need to be pro-active yourself especially in this day and age when information technology is at your disposal. Go to www.cic.gc.ca and review the information to educate yourself about the process of immigrating to Canada. Again, be very careful about this so called agent, if it looks too good to be true, you're are probably right.

@ MeNutty, yes, they will accept a combination of your results, in fact, it is expected that you submitt all of your transcripts from previous studies. Every school in Canada will accept your results provided you meet their qualifying marks. So, do your research by review this site and look at the different universities in Canada - http://www.aucc.ca/can_uni/our_universities/index_e.html

With respect to TOEFL, most universities will waive it for Nigerian students. Double check with the school just to make sure, sometimes, due to ignorant, there is the assumption that Nigeria is not an English speaking country hence, one reason why some univerisities will eroniously ask for TOEFL, but you can fight it by proving your English competency to them. By the way, when you do so, make sure you really prove yourself and desist from using any of the internet lingo that has become pervasive amongst our people. Drop me an e-mail if you require further assistance (and I'm not sure if you're the same person that recently wrote me)
Re: Travelling To Canada by MANIU(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2011
@Ayoalade, Please check your mail I sent you a mail
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
Hi Everyone, I have been given admission to SAIT polytechnic Canada. I graduated with an Engineering degree and i feel that the Technical training from SAIT will improve my career prospects as an Engineer.

Issue now is the interview with the Canadian Embassy. I have gotten all the requirements for the interview except 1--- an acceptable bank statement. I was initially trying to  use the account statement of my Guardian who is not directly related to me. A few people told me that if we are not related legally(adopted,God father or Mother, Employer) or biologically, i may be denied the VISA simply because there is no authentic proof of relationship.
Is this really so? Cant my guardian just swear an affidavit that she has been the one financially catering for me all this while? your comments would be highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada by anfanio: 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2011
ayoalade,
chizsquare is asking for info about Canada but the presentation looked like US - so I thought too initially. Kindly contribute - University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada by LoveKing(m): 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ayoalade

did you see my reply?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2011
@isso savvy

I also have an admission to SAIT and I love the school. Is your program a bachelor degree, diploma, certificate or continuing education.

Bank statement is also my concern. So I  have decided to be tactical and not illegal by borrowing money from friends and family and putting it in my mothers salary account for a while before applying. I also will pay full tuition as its an 8months certificate program so its not as costly as the usual tuition that peeps pay. That way, what they need to see is just accomodation and feeding money in the account. I can't shout.

Then my letter of intent, letter from the office and other docs would impress them, I pray.

Everything is about packaging, uniqueness and authenticity. So work hard towards a solution and dont give up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.