Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (22854 Views)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / For The Salvation Of Your Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 10:48am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob: Effect on Scientific Endeavors Outside the Specific Field of Biology

Trofim Denisovich Lysenko
Stephen Wolfram in his book A New Kind of Science has stated that the Darwinian theory of evolution has, in recent years, "increasingly been applied outside of biology."[173]
Lysenkoism
Evolutionary theory played a prominent role in regards to atheistic communism.[174] Communists, in particular Stalinism, favored a version of Lamarckism called Lysenkoism developed by the atheist Trofim Denisovich Lysenko.[175] Lsyenko was made member of the Supreme Soviet and head of the Institute of Genetics of the Soviet Academy of Sciences.[176] Later Lysenko became President of the All-Union Academy of Agricultural Sciences.[177] Many geneticists were imprisoned and executed for their bourgeois science, and agricultural policies based on Lysenkoism that were adopted under the Communist leaders Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong caused famines and the death of millions.[178]
Medical Science
[/b]The theory of evolution has had a negative effect on the field of medical science. According to Dr. Jerry Bergman the list of [b]vestigial organs in humans has gone from 180 in 1890 to 0 in 1999
.[179] Furthermore, Dr. Bergman states the following:
“ Few examples of vestigial organs in humans are now offered, and the ones that are have been shown by more recent research to be completely functional (and in many cases critically so, see Bergman and Howe)...
One popular book on the human body which discussed vestigial organs stated that next to circumcision
‘… tonsillectomy is the most frequently performed piece of surgery. Doctors once thought tonsils were simply useless evolutionary leftovers and took them out thinking that it could do no harm. Today there is considerable evidence that there are more troubles in the upper respiratory tract after tonsil removal than before, and doctors generally agree that simple enlargement of tonsils is hardly an indication for surgery...’[180]

Astronomy
Young earth creation scientist Dr. Jonathan Sarfati states that evolutionary thought has been applied to the field of astronomy.[181] Sarfati's claim is supported by the fact that astronomers do refer to the "evolution of the universe".[182] Sarfati asserts the evolutionary view has had a negative effect on astronomy and that arguments to support the proposed evolutionary time scales of billions of years via the field of astronomy are invalid.[183] Creationists can cite examples of scientists stating that evolutionary ideas in astronomy have failed to have any explanatory power:
“ ““...most every prediction by theorists about planetary formation has been wrong.” Scott Tremaine, as quoted by Richard A. Kerr, “Jupiters Like Our Own Await Planet Hunters,” Science, Vol. 295, 25 January 2002, p. 605.[184] ”
“ "Attempts to find a plausible naturalistic explanation of the origin of the Solar System began about 350 years ago but have not yet been quantitatively successful, making this one of the oldest unsolved problems in modern science.” - Stephen G. Brush, A History of Modern Planetary Physics, Vol. 3 (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1996), p. 91.[184] ”
“ “We don’t understand how a single star forms, yet we want to understand how 10 billion stars form.” Carlos Frenk, as quoted by Robert Irion, “Surveys Scour the Cosmic Deep,” Science, Vol. 303, 19 March 2004, p. 1750.[185] ”

“ “We cannot even show convincingly how galaxies, stars, planets, and life arose in the present universe.” Michael Rowan-Robinson, “Review of the Accidental Universe,” New Scientist, Vol. 97, 20 January 1983, p. 186.[186] ”
In 2001, Cristina Chiappini wrote concering the Milky Way galaxy:
". . . it is an elegant structure that shows both order and complexity. . . . The end product is especially remarkable in the light of what is believed to be the starting point: nebulous blobs of gas. How the universe made the Milky Way from such simple beginnings is not altogether clear. - Cristina Chiappini, "The Formation and Evolution of the Milky Way," American Scientist (vol. 89, Nov./Dec. 2001), p. 506.[187]
Dr. Walt Brown provides numerous citations to the secular science literature that cite the failings of current old universe paradigm explanations in regards to the planets, stars, and galaxies.[184][185][186]
Origin of Life
Evolutionary thought has had an influence on origin of life research as well. For example, a 2004 article in the International Journal of Astrobiology is titled On the applicability of Darwinian principles to chemical evolution that led to life.[188] It is also clear that early origin of life researcher Aleksandr Oparin who proposed materialist ideas regarding the origin of life was influenced by evolutionary thought.[189] However, the current naturalistic explanations for the origin of life are inadequate.

Quite a lecture you put up.

I am not political so i will not comment on politics at the beginning of your post.

You just quoted CREATIONISTs who though have seen proves of evolution, like every other brainwashed worshiper of a God, rejected it and followed the book called bible.

Most of the names you mentioned i know well, and i can tell you they are either catholic or orthodox, and like past scientist (Boyle for example), they have their thoughts controlled by the pope.

We all know that it is because of the evolutionary approach that medicine has seen great improvement in recent years.

Consider this, hundreds of years Ago, many scientists are religious but science did not witness any great improvement.

In recent decades, many scientists are atheists and science has seen major discoveries in recent decades. Does that prove anything to you. Think about that.

Concerning cosmology, the universe is the greatest thing comprehensible to the human mind, no man can claim to know all about the universe but the little we know suggest that reactions are not purposeful but occurs based on possibility as determined by present condition, e.g concentration of charge at a particular location in the universe.

We are all still learning and i think you religious people should excuse us if we dont know it all, because apparently, the bible does not offer perfect answer either. To say that God created the whole universe in a single day is a great blunder. The expanse of space and number of galaxies (in their billions) proves that the universe must be older than 6000 years.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2013
Shine1177: Mathew 6:
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Mathew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Friends you should be more concern of your salvation than anything in the world.

May God give you understanding. Amen.

It is a pity to see that you think within a book and i cannot help you.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by akinwun(m): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

You know, the predominance of evil is enough proof that the Great Devil exist but your inferior God does not.

However, i dont believe in the existence of angels and demons, Gods and Devils, Spirits and souls [size=20pt]because spirits can't exist, it is a total mathematical impossibility[/size]
Wait a minute. Dont u think it is this ur headiness and stiffneckedness that won't allow u to accept God's way of life is the reason u 've not been able to see the goodness of GOD, and has lead u to this ur theory? And let me tell u, many africans that claim to serve God are hypocrite; they claim allegiance to him with their mouth and show of worship but in their heart and secrecy they do something else, some even dine with the gods of their father. Maybe dat's why u 've not been seeing much of GOD. So if u want to see God go to his word and trust him 4 without this, u can't see him

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:03am On Feb 09, 2013
akinwun: Wait a minute. Dont u think it is this ur headiness and stiffneckedness that won't allow u to accept God's way of life is the reason u 've not been able to see the goodness of GOD, and has lead u to this ur theory? And let me tell u, many africans that claim to serve God are hypocrite; they claim allegiance to him with their mouth and show of worship but in their heart and secrecy they do something else, some even dine with the gods of their father. Maybe dat's why u 've not been seeing much of GOD. So if u want to see God go to his word and trust him 4 without this, u can't see him

I have been a xtian, i must tell you, but i late became an atheist, why? because i did not "see the goodness of GOD".

Are you telling me to neglect the fact that 8 african children die of malaria every minute, 6 of hunger every minutes and many more people will die of HIV/AIDS in this year alone in their millions and start to sing "how are art thou oh God".

Let me tell you bold and plain. [size=15pt]GOD IS NOT WORTHY OF WORSHIP (THAT IS IF HE EXIST AT ALL), HE IS WICKED AND MUST BE DETHRONED, I WILL LEAVE THAT PART FOR THE GREAT FIGHTER, THE ONE AND ONLY GREAT LUCIFER, WHOM YOU KNOW AS THE DEVIL. HE SHALL DEFEAT GOD WHEN ARMAGEDDON COMES AND SEND HIM TO HELL, THEN THE DEVIL SHALL RULE (THAT IS IF THE DEVIL EXISTS AT ALL)[/size]
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 09, 2013
akinwun: Wait a minute. Dont u think it is this ur headiness and stiffneckedness that won't allow u to accept God's way of life is the reason u 've not been able to see the goodness of GOD, and has lead u to this ur theory? And let me tell u, many africans that claim to serve God are hypocrite; they claim allegiance to him with their mouth and show of worship but in their heart and secrecy they do something else, some even dine with the gods of their father. Maybe dat's why u 've not been seeing much of GOD. So if u want to see God go to his word and trust him 4 without this, u can't see him

God does not have a word as you have been mis informed. God is every thing you see around you-the mountains,animals,nature,including the guys you are arguing with. If you want to love God,love you neighbour!

The idea that God wrote a book is BULL CRAP! If you are as intelligent as you think you are,you wouldn't have to live your life according to a book.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Revolva(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2013
onetrack: I will pray for all of you atheists. Otherwise, my all-merciful, all-loving, and benevolent God will strike you down and burn you forever and ever and ever in the hottest fires of hell if you don't find blind faith in one of his religions.
Do you know you are the greatest idiot on earth for posting this here...ok instead of you to be tolerant and see life in different spectra you choose to be on one path ..now ask your self what if one day you find out all what you be wishing as a christian are not real you go commit suicide..it does not mean one is an athiest the person is a bad person-- abi aint there rapist, conmen, decietful selfish people who are very religious...so now you judge dem by saying God will strike dem and throw in hell..have you been there ? How do you know that place exist..what is the colour of the flamez..mumu no heaven or hell..its all here on earth...not after death...person don die don die
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Quite a lecture you put up.

I am not political so i will not comment on politics at the beginning of your post.

You just quoted CREATIONISTs who though have seen proves of evolution, like every other brainwashed worshiper of a God, rejected it and followed the book called bible.

Most of the names you mentioned i know well, and i can tell you they are either catholic or orthodox, and like past scientist (Boyle for example), they have their thoughts controlled by the pope.

We all know that it is because of the evolutionary approach that medicine has seen great improvement in recent years.

Consider this, hundreds of years Ago, many scientists are religious but science did not witness any great improvement.

In recent decades, many scientists are atheists and science has seen major discoveries in recent decades. Does that prove anything to you. Think about that.

Concerning cosmology, the universe is the greatest thing comprehensible to the human mind, no man can claim to know all about the universe but the little we know suggest that reactions are not purposeful but occurs based on possibility as determined by present condition, e.g concentration of charge at a particular location in the universe.

We are all still learning and i think you religious people should excuse us if we dont know it all, because apparently, the bible does not offer perfect answer either. To say that God created the whole universe in a single day is a great blunder. The expanse of space and number of galaxies (in their billions) proves that the universe must be older than 6000 years.

Please do not pick part of the lecture, I mentioned published journals by renowned atheist sceintist that acknowledge that the theories of evolution has a lot of unanswered question. You can dazzle half educated people,please don't try it on me. If you can prove that the theory of evolution is all encompassing,I'll become an atheist,till then I love my Jesus

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 09, 2013
THE BIBLE GOD IS ON OF THE LEAST INTELLIGENT BEINGS I HAVE EVER READ ABOUT. Anyone who follows this FAKE god will share the same fate of dying out at the long run.Apparently Gandhi appeared to be more intelligent than MR YHWEH. At least we know who applied the laws of non- violence.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 11:13am On Feb 09, 2013
Ooman if atheism is not a religion why do you feel this strong need to win people over. Note I am only responding to you scientifically to refute your half truths that may confuse people than don't know any better. I am not trying to win you over to be a christian.

As for my belief in God,it is called the christian faith and such does not require scientifc prove!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Please do not pick part of the lecture, I mentioned published journals by renowned atheist sceintist that acknowledge that the theories of evolution has a lot of unanswered question. You can dazzle half educated people,please don't try it on me. If you can prove that the theory of evolution is all encompassing,I'll become an atheist,till then I love my Jesus

At least they have some proven theories that God does not exist. Where is your own proof that God exists. Oh I forgot the bible.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Unfortunately your jesus was a product of extra marital sex with sky god yahweh(zeus)

Evolution is a gradual process,not a 7 days work by some ridiculous book claimed. As you can see,a lot of Nigerians are experiencing evolution of the mind set,while you are still stuck with your jesus.devolving? Hopefully you will see the light someday.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:
As for my belief in God,it is called the christian faith and such does not require scientifc prove!

By arguing with someone who is trying to disprove the existence of God scientifically, automatically you are trying to prove the existence of God scientifically.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2013
kmcutez:

At least they have proven some things. Where is your own proof that God exists. Oh I forgot the bible. Talk about being dumb. Smh. Dumb should be defined as chukkynwob in the dictionary.

For eg, I failed my exams because I'm so chukkynwob. Lol

I am not the person trying to prove, you are the person trying to disprove, so just be an atheist and don't shove it down my throat and please refrain from name calling. I have not and will not bring myself to that low level of name calling.Thanks
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob: Ooman if atheism is not a religion why do you feel this strong need to win people over. Note I am only responding to you scientifically to refute your half truths that may confuse people than don't know any better. I am not trying to win you over to be a christian.

I do not consider anyone an Atheist. They simple do not buy ur bible god's fairy tales!

No one is trying to win you over,we are only trying to make u stay away from drugs!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob: Ooman if atheism is not a religion why do you feel this strong need to win people over. Note I am only responding to you scientifically to refute your half truths that may confuse people than don't know any better. I am not trying to win you over to be a christian.

I am not Interested in making pple atheist, I am concerned for my land.

you ask me for prove yet you say your xtians faith does not need to be proved scientifically, dont you think you are being unfair?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by akinwun(m): 11:29am On Feb 09, 2013
ifeness:

God does not have a word as you have been mis informed. God is every thing you see around you-the mountains,animals,nature,including the guys you are arguing with. If you want to love God,love you neighbour!

The idea that God wrote a book is BULL CRAP! If you are as intelligent as you think you are,you wouldn't have to live your life according to a book.
whao! This one is worse than being an atheist, you mean ur god is a mountain,animal, guy, tree, car, money! You must be an idol worshiper.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

yes I must tell you, evolution is not perfect yet, but it is complete enough to be certain that there is No god.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by TrinityX: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2013
@ OP I really like your thinking and your passion for Africa but yet there are some places where I think you miss it? I am christain true but I won't base what am writing here on proof that there is a God because I think finding God is a personal journey. I for one was born into christainity lasped into atheism and doubt then back to christainity and that is where I am staying.

I am not a science person so most of your theories are lost to me but am a history and human existence person so I will pick points from there. Firstly you rubbishing the existence of a God does not make you automatically smarter, it just means you have elected not be submissive to an idea that you feel will limit you. You keep saying you manipulate energy, you are the master of energy, so when your heart stops and energy recycles you what next my dear are you still master?

Then there is something somewhere there in the comments section saying Christainity licensed the slave trade because it is in the bible, darling slavery has existed in Africa and most parts of the world before then, there was even a slave trade called the trans-saharan slave trade before the coming of the Europeans. Has it ever occured to you that this same christainity was also used to stop slavery?

Then you said the more you worship God the less successful you become, then you give examples the preachings of prosperity pastors of how Jesus multiplied bread. Leaving out conveniently parts of the bible that clearly states that there is dignity in labour and my personal favourite the parable of Mr Complainer (Parable of talents). The thing is if you want to be succesful and you do not work you are own your own. Even Solomon (history says he exists) the richest man in the Bible made use of his wisdom knowledge and understanding.

Again if you want money and financial success, you apply the principles of money and sucesss, if you want the spiritual spiritual success which I believe is where religion comes in you apply the principles of the spiritual. Christainity is not the problem of Africa, Europe before now even used Christainity as an excuse for expansion and development especially during the rise of the Ottoman Empire. The truth is religion used in a certain way can promote growth and Atheism which you proudly defend can also bring in stagnation. Everything is in our hands. If a Religious person is lazy and does not work he reaps the benefits, if the Atheist is lazy and does not work he reaps the benefits and vice versa.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

I am not the person trying to prove, you are the person trying to disprove, so just be an atheist and don't shove it down my throat and please refrain from name calling. I have not and will not bring myself to that low level of name calling.Thanks

Fair enough, I have adjusted my post but you still come across as unintelligent.

By arguing with someone who is trying to disprove the existence of God, automatically you are trying to prove the existence of God.

Abi, am I the dumb one here. Philosophers help me out. Them say mad man no know say him mad.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by akinwun(m): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

I have been a xtian, i must tell you, but i late became an atheist, why? because i did not "see the goodness of GOD".

Are you telling me to neglect the fact that 8 african children die of malaria every minute, 6 of hunger every minutes and many more people will die of HIV/AIDS in this year alone in their millions and start to sing "how are art thou oh God".

Let me tell you bold and plain. [size=15pt]GOD IS NOT WORTHY OF WORSHIP (THAT IS IF HE EXIST AT ALL), HE IS WICKED AND MUST BE DETHRONED, I WILL LEAVE THAT PART FOR THE GREAT FIGHTER, THE ONE AND ONLY GREAT LUCIFER, WHOM YOU KNOW AS THE DEVIL. HE SHALL DEFEAT GOD WHEN ARMAGEDDON COMES AND SEND HIM TO HELL, THEN THE DEVIL SHALL RULE (THAT IS IF THE DEVIL EXISTS AT ALL)[/size]
During this ur self-claimed period of being a christian,were u obeying God or u were just being unecessarily religious and fail to obey his teachings expecting him to blindly bless u whichever way? Look at ur self first bro, this one u are becoming an african activist against ur God and ur creator
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by crossover(m): 11:40am On Feb 09, 2013
My friend, if you don’t mind, please let’s shares our thoughts together.
As long as we cannot dispute our existence, fundamentally, we will have to function under some specific divine ordinances. For instance, let's just try to emphasis little of His Absoluteness. Job 37 vs. 3 says; "....great things doeth, which we cannot comprehend". Verse 13 says; "He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for His land, or mercy".

Most of us practice Christianity as a matter of divinity but not as matter of obedience and servitude. That is the confusion. In Luke 17: 7 Jesus Christ says; "But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?" Verse 9 says; "Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I throw not". Verse 10; "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do".

Bros, since you believed in Salvation, then, Salvation of your soul and mine is equally personal; it is never connected to either you are an American or African.

Luke 17: 15 says; "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you".

Many of the leaders that served as American Presidents had been Christians. They were elected to function. The Success of Americans was not made cheaply. They toiled for good leadership. It is in their character.

Sir, the Character of the Black nation is the bane to the collective progress. The Bible says in Job 37 vs. 23; "Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out: he is excellent in power ...plenty of justice: he will not afflict".

Lastly, highpoint to some that may believe in their wisdom. The Holy Bible in Job 37 vs. 24 says; "Men do therefore FEAR HIM: he respecteth not ANY that are WISE OF HEART". Also, Verse 19 says; "Teach us what we shall say unto him; for we cannot order our speech by reason of darkness".

Regards,
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2013
akinwun: whao! This one is worse than being an atheist, you mean ur god is a mountain,animal, guy, tree, car, money! You must be an idol worshiper.

I said everything is god. Treat them as as if they were yourself....... Respect nature!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 09, 2013
akinwun: During this ur self-claimed period of being a christian,were obeying God or u were just being unecessarily religious and fail to obey his teachings expecting him to blindly bless u whichever way? Look at ur self first bro, this one u are becoming an african activist against ur God and ur creator

In what way as yahweh blessed you recently?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:44am On Feb 09, 2013
crossover: My friend, if you don’t mind, please let’s shares our thoughts together.
As long as we cannot dispute our existence, fundamentally, we will have to function under some specific divine ordinances. For instance, let's just try to emphasis little of His Absoluteness. Job 37 vs. 3 says; "....great things doeth, which we cannot comprehend". Verse 13 says; "He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for His land, or mercy".

Most of us practice Christianity as a matter of divinity but not as matter of obedience and servitude. That is the confusion. In Luke 17: 7 Jesus Christ says; "But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?" Verse 9 says; "Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I throw not". Verse 10; "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do".

Bros, since you believed in Salvation, then, Salvation of your soul and mine is equally personal; it is never connected to either you are an American or African.

Luke 17: 15 says; "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you".

Many of the leaders that served as American Presidents had been Christians. They were elected to function. The Success of Americans was not made cheaply. They toiled for good leadership. It is in their character.

Sir, the Character of the Black nation is the bane to the collective progress. The Bible says in Job 37 vs. 23; "Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out: he is excellent in power ...plenty of justice: he will not afflict".

Lastly, highpoint to some that may believe in their wisdom. The Holy Bible in Job 37 vs. 24 says; "Men do therefore FEAR HIM: he respecteth not ANY that are WISE OF HEART". Also, Verse 19 says; "Teach us what we shall say unto him; for we cannot order our speech by reason of darkness".

Regards,

Again, all you thoughts are within a book, can you just think outside the bible for 24hours and see how that feels?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:46am On Feb 09, 2013
akinwun: During this ur self-claimed period of being a christian,were obeying God or u were just being unecessarily religious and fail to obey his teachings expecting him to blindly bless u whichever way? Look at ur self first bro, this one u are becoming an african activist against ur God and ur creator

Well, it depends on how you define "obeying God". However, i am becoming an activist against God (and he is not my creator, i wasnt created, i was born, my ancestor evolved from erectus and that goes on till we get to inorganic chemicals) because God worship kills my people. It (God) gets them deranged and makes them complacent.

3 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 09, 2013
crossover: My friend, if you don’t mind, please let’s shares our thoughts together.

Regards,

Can you have a conversation without quoting from the bible? Do you have a functioning brain?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2013
kmcutez:

By arguing with someone trying to prove that God does not exist, automatically you are trying to prove to us that God exists.

You are very right
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Well, it depends on how you define "obeying God". However, i am becoming an activist against God (and he is not my creator, i wasnt created, i was born, my ancestor evolved from erectus and that goes on till we get to inorganic chemicals) because God worship kills my people. It (God) gets them deranged and makes them complacent.

The same god that doesn't want humans to be as wise as him. Why worship the bastard?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2013
TrinityX: @ OP I really like your thinking and your passion for Africa but yet there are some places where I think you miss it? I am christain true but I won't base what am writing here on proof that there is a God because I think finding God is a personal journey. I for one was born into christainity lasped into atheism and doubt then back to christainity and that is where I am staying.

I am not a science person so most of your theories are lost to me but am a history and human existence person so I will pick points from there. Firstly you rubbishing the existence of a God does not make you automatically smarter, it just means you have elected not be submissive to an idea that you feel will limit you. You keep saying you manipulate energy, you are the master of energy, so when your heart stops and energy recycles you what next my dear are you still master?

Then there is something somewhere there in the comments section saying Christainity licensed the slave trade because it is in the bible, darling slavery has existed in Africa and most parts of the world before then, there was even a slave trade called the trans-saharan slave trade before the coming of the Europeans. Has it ever occured to you that this same christainity was also used to stop slavery?

Then you said the more you worship God the less successful you become, then you give examples the preachings of prosperity pastors of how Jesus multiplied bread. Leaving out conveniently parts of the bible that clearly states that there is dignity in labour and my personal favourite the parable of Mr Complainer (Parable of talents). The thing is if you want to be succesful and you do not work you are own your own. Even Solomon (history says he exists) the richest man in the Bible made use of his wisdom knowledge and understanding.

Again if you want money and financial success, you apply the principles of money and sucesss, if you want the spiritual spiritual success which I believe is where religion comes in you apply the principles of the spiritual. Christainity is not the problem of Africa, Europe before now even used Christainity as an excuse for expansion and development especially during the rise of the Ottoman Empire. The truth is religion used in a certain way can promote growth and Atheism which you proudly defend can also bring in stagnation. Everything is in our hands. If a Religious person is lazy and does not work he reaps the benefits, if the Atheist is lazy and does not work he reaps the benefits and vice versa.

Sorry if you felt i rubbished someone (Your God), but he is non existing entity so it doesnt matter what we sy about him.

When a person dies, his energy get recycled and that is all, once you die, you are dead, you cannot do work again.

I know that slavery has existed all over the world before african slave trade began, but INTERNATIONAL AFRICAN SLAVE TRADE BEGAN only after the bible was introduced to Africa and understood according to Exo 21 that this new God love slavery.

Has it ever occured to you that the very people who BOUGHT THE SLAVES AND MALTREATED THEM WERE CHRISTIANS. besides slavery was not eradicated by xtians, IT WAS ERADICATED BY HUMAN RIGHT ACTIVISTS, MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE ATHEIST, AGNOSTIC FROM NORTHERN USA. the mostly christian southern USA refused to stop slavery. so pls dont patronize me.

pls dont get me wrong, all i am speaking for is for africa to forget God and get on the field and start building our cities. And i said religious mentality kills us. Then lastly i said God let children die because if a loving God exist, he should at least care about children if not adults.

I understand you, everything depends on how much we work and that is true. But dont forget that when a man is religious, then he must "always go to God in prayer", prayer makes one think that a God cares about him and so will "help" him, and so people say "do your best and leave the rest for God". This statement is enough to make one think that his worst is his best, since there is a God to amplify his effort. but because no god exist, africa is poor.

What i am attacking in essence is the mentality that religion imbue into a man. And because of this, i also seek the eradication of religion from my land, and this will be accomplished, though not instantly but progressively.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=15pt]
Heatblast: Yes, from statistical data, poverty(P) is directly proportional to religion(R)
P α R
inversely to proportional to prosperity(p)
P α 1/p
Combining the two and introducing a constant(K) which could be any other factor, we get
P = KR/p
As we can see the more religious a nation/group of people get, the less the prosperity and the poorer the people
Although, the equation does not hold true in a every case. also religion isn't the only factor, other factors are neglected in this case.
[/size]

Heatblast has provided me with perfect mathematical evidence with this simple equation of his
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by onetrack(m): 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2013
Revolva:
Do you know you are the greatest idiot on earth for posting this here...ok instead of you to be tolerant and see life in different spectra you choose to be on one path ..now ask your self what if one day you find out all what you be wishing as a christian are not real you go commit suicide..it does not mean one is an athiest the person is a bad person-- abi aint there rapist, conmen, decietful selfish people who are very religious...so now you judge dem by saying God will strike dem and throw in hell..have you been there ? How do you know that place exist..what is the colour of the flamez..mumu no heaven or hell..its all here on earth...not after death...person don die don die

I was actually being sarcastic in saying that God is all-loving and yet sends people to hell to burn forever. I'm an atheist and I agree with you: I do not believe in heaven or hell either. smiley
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by onetrack(m): 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

ooman you are really going full force today! Why the sudden urge to debate religious people, may I ask? (I agree with you, keep up the good work!)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again / How To Ensure That You Don't Receive The Mark Of The Beast / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.