Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (22846 Views)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / For The Salvation Of Your Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 09, 2013
It is shame on the side of those who claimed to know God yet can not prove it exist. There is no single evidence or whatsoever to prove its existence and yet some religionists are bent on claiming it's out there. It is a shame! What a primitive man ideology.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 3:27am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

My dear you lack the complex mind to argue on this with me....i stated equivocally few posts ago that you can feel the effects of energy and not the energy is itself. You cannot touch,or see energy because its a non-matter, hope you get it now? the shock is just the effect

yes it is a non matter, but makes all matter up. You what, you can feel energy now because it makes you up in baryons, then to protons and electrons, then to molecules, then to cells, then to tissues, then to systems. It is everywhere and it is everything. It is you. Energy is everything that exist and not some God somewhere. Deep down inside you, you know this to be true but you are too afraid of hell to accept.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 3:32am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

yes it is a non matter, but makes all matter up. You what, you can feel energy now because it makes you up in baryons, then to protons and electrons, then to molecules, then to cells, then to tissues, then to systems. It is everywhere and it is everything. It is you. Energy is everything that exist and not some God somewhere. Deep down inside you, you know this to be true but you are too afraid of hell to accept.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there is a living GOD,and you are the typical atheist just run round and round like the bulldog and endup saying nothing
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:35am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

That is when it comes to fundamental particles. Yes, we and everything are simply in a state of change. It is best explained in quantum science.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

I have no doubt whatsoever that there is a living GOD,and you are the typical atheist just run round and round like the bulldog and endup saying nothing
Prove it and define God for me.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 3:45am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

I CAN HEAR YOU WAILING FOR HELP. You said you have no doubt your God exist, what proofs do you have that makes you "have no doubt".

YOU HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR OWN DOWN FALL WHEN YOU SAID ""It makes things happen" THEREFORE NO GOD NEEDED.

YOU NEED HELP, I CAN HELP YOU. BECOME AN ATHEIST TODAY. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO LISTEN TO REASON, YOU WILL DISCOVER THAT YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLISH (i dont mean stupid but brainwashed).
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

[size=20pt]Please don't argue this lipsrsealed you can only see the effects of energy,you can't see energy, storing energy is it the same as seeing energy? NO NO NO please ask a physicist[/size].
You are correct.Energy can not be seen with clear or aided eyes. But the different forms energy is transformed into are observable. So energy can not be seen but it actions are observable.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Lenny5000(m): 4:26am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman: One of the reason i became an atheist is why a continent like africa, that "puts God first in everything" is the poorest and why a whole race, who is the most religious is also the most unsuccessful, that race is obvious: the black race!

I thought to myself that if God exists, and if he really decided not to help african communities but watch children die of hunger everyday in their numbers, then i can't also trust that i have a secured paradise waiting for me after death. God might also "decide it is not his affairs to interfere with".

If God can't help or at least reward African communities now despite how much they love, worship and expect from him, i dont need or want his help in the "afterlife", not that i believe in an "afterlife".

There is nothing more i'd love to see than the success of my land, even if that means loss of my soul.

You might be wondering how becoming an atheist will be of any help to my land, it will be because only when you are an atheist could you be really free to think about all the possibilities about a particular matter.
Atheism frees the mind, it is the perfect way of life, the only right path that leads to life. I dont mean an afterlife i mean a fulfilled life.

You want me to believe in God, start by showing me the reward of God worship as it is evident in african communities. When i am satisfied, you would have earned a referal commission on me by bringing me to God, except you cant because obviously, the more you worship God, the less successful you get

Africans or rather Nigerians love the Idea of GOD, screaming his name, going to church etc... Doesnt mean they truly love or believe in him. Most people do that to feel good about themselves or at least pretend that they are good... If Nigerians truly love or worship GOD they will obey his commandment which is very simply. Love your fellow man,woman like you love yourself. How difficult is it to treat your neighbor right?... Over here in the west I dont see a lot of whites screaming GOD, going to church and talking about how much they worship and love GOD, but at least they manage to treat each other right and that is why they are progressing . To drive a Car you need Petrol, if you put water instead and expect GOD to work magic, you are only setting yourself up. Just put Fuel and see your car working again. Let the Hate, Greed, Wickedness, Looting by Pastors and Politicians, Cold-heartedness towards each other stop and you will see Nigeria progress. God has blessed Nigeria more than most countries in the world, so you cant blame him that our people are greedy and refuse to use the wealth for the good of everyone. He has done his part, let us do ours... that's how it works. God has given us choice and we know right from wrong, to intefare with our right of making choices will mean we are programmed Robots. You have just excersise that right, by becoming an atheist!
Bless
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by nice4life: 4:55am On Feb 09, 2013
let everything that has breath praise the lord.As long as you are alive is enough to thank God.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 09, 2013
souldust: i am soooooooo suprised that some illitrate christians have not started exibiting their lack of intellectual competence by saying africa's woes is due to our "idol worshiping past"
see how everyone is looking at you as a fool now even the mosquito that arrived not so long saw ur post in my phone and left in anger
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ayobase(m): 5:17am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

If you call people silly, daft, foul, you will go to hell. so shut up lipsrsealed

I thought u don't believe in hell!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by naijaboyof4life(m): 5:54am On Feb 09, 2013
musKeeto: Seconded...

I'd rather worship an African god than worship a racist one cheesy

Matt. 15:24
Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel."

Rev. 3:9

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

He said he was going to the lost sheep of israel not the male of israel. The israelites were supposed to be an example to all nations. So God wanted to start from them. Also Rev. 3:9 is talking about the punishment that will be given to people who proclaim that they know and love God but yet they do evil. You atheist better repent. It funny how all of you attack Christianity but not Islam or Judaism of idol worshipers. 90% of church goers in Nigeria are not true Christians for Jesus said, "that they will come when they will say Lord, but we cried in your name and did things in your name but I will say I know you not." So you people should stop blaming God for every evil that Human being put on themselves. When slaves were taken to america, the rulers of the land (they were worshiping idols) SOLD THEIR OWN PEOPLE to the white traders. Did God tell them to do it. Or when black women feel inferior to other people that they start wearing weaves and wig, did God tell them to do it. Or even our corrupt leaders, where in the bible did God tell leaders to be corrupt. The bible says in Matthew 7:12 "do unto others as you want them to do unto you". So don't blame the problems of Africa on God. Black people are not the only one to be in slavery. The Israelites were also in slavery because of their disobedient of God's command but they repented and God brought them out and punished those that put them in slavery. So Africa might be suffering because of what people are doing. The bible says "faith without works is nothing...." James 2:14-17. All Nigerians believe but to do is problem. How many Nigerians can go on strive for a month. Look at the last strive we had After one week, everyone went home. All what Nigerians know how to do is talk but no action. God is never racist. How can a person be racist towards something that he created. So don't try and blame God for evil. The evil that idol worshiping create is there but no talks about it, it is always the attack of Christianity. God hates sin but loves sinners.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:00am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

The proof is that chimpanzees and humans share more than 98% of their gene and so must have evolved from same ancestor.

That is verified. the ancestor of other apes and human diverged some 200tya. we progressively evolved from autralopethecus, then afarensis, then habilis, then erectus, till it get to us, sapiens. There is your proof.

IN the bible animals and humans were created on the same day by God so that can be used to support your ideality but for you to say that me and common ape share the same ancestor is rubbish. God forbid. maybe you atheists do because apes don't have any belief system but i'm sure that apes still praise God.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:06am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Science has disproved the existence of God times and again which is why atheism prevails right now.

I am not blaming xtianity alone, i would include islam but a bomb could sound at any time

Do you also blame idols worshipers responsible for the killing of innocent blood.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by tete7000(m): 6:10am On Feb 09, 2013
Many times I come here and read self-acclaimed atheist saying one thing or the other about existence/non-existent of God. Rather unfortunate I also noticed many getting into unnecessary argument trying to convince them. May I let the acclaimed atheists know that what whether you believe God exist or not remove nothing from God. God is God, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. What you believe or not believe remove nothing from him. We will all die and one day come face to face with his justice. Everyone will reap what he/she sow and ignorance will never be and excuse for anyone! Rather unfortunate! So if you believe in Him, it is for your own good and your choice not to believe is to your own peril. I will advice however that everyone shed this garb of pride and choose wisely.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Adwexky(m): 6:25am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman: One of the reason i became an atheist is why a continent like africa, that "puts God first in everything" is the poorest and why a whole race, who is the most religious is also the most unsuccessful, that race is obvious: the black race!

I thought to myself that if God exists, and if he really decided not to help african communities but watch children die of hunger everyday in their numbers, then i can't also trust that i have a secured paradise waiting for me after death. God might also "decide it is not his affairs to interfere with".

If God can't help or at least reward African communities now despite how much they love, worship and expect from him, i dont need or want his help in the "afterlife", not that i believe in an "afterlife".

There is nothing more i'd love to see than the success of my land, even if that means loss of my soul.

You might be wondering how becoming an atheist will be of any help to my land, it will be because only when you are an atheist could you be really free to think about all the possibilities about a particular matter.
Atheism frees the mind, it is the perfect way of life, the only right path that leads to life. I dont mean an afterlife i mean a fulfilled life.

You want me to believe in God, start by showing me the reward of God worship as it is evident in african communities. When i am satisfied, you would have earned a referal commission on me by bringing me to God, except you cant because obviously, the more you worship God, the less successful you get

God will never reveal himself to a skeptical man, You have to seek and You will surely find Him.
---Mind you He has reveal Himself to the Church, So that is why is our God.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by dohiswill: 6:42am On Feb 09, 2013
all4naija: It is shame on the side of those who claimed to know God yet can not prove it exist. There is no single evidence or whatsoever to prove its existence and yet some religionists are bent on claiming it's out there. It is a shame! What a primitive man ideology.
everythings around you are enough proves that God exist, dont be deceived the devils also know that God exist and tremble
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by defemz(m): 6:49am On Feb 09, 2013
Many of these atheists are so angry with God. If care is not taken all of you will end up committing suicide. God is too big to fight
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ibrobell(m): 6:56am On Feb 09, 2013
This situation of africa is not because of religious people. Its because Africa has non God fearing leaders who dont care about their people
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by bigboss80s(m): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2013
ifeness: We black people have been brainwashed to the extent that we(especially our parents) do not realise that we are being seriously raped mentally,spiritually even financially. How could our so called "leaders" keep cheating us and yet not a single protest? We have all been softened by religion. Radicals are never religious people.we need more young nigerians to boycott any religious organization and do these crap politicians dirty! Question them on their day to day activities,make those position a hot seat for whoever sits on them. They are just too bloody comfortable !

The white man must have studied us well before giving us christianity- beceuse he must have noticed we africans worship anything( including stones). Religion was used as a blind fold to steal from us! Now Oyedepo and co have all built a fortune doing the same damn thing!

We all need to be radical if we want to break this heavy yoke .

Case in point: Jos, Plateau State.
In the late 80s and 90s Jos used to be the tin mining capital of Nigeria. For some reason at the same time there were so many active (white) missionaries aggresively 'evangelising,'opening churches and schools, etc. But as the tin dried up so did the missionaries.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by bigboss80s(m): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2013
ifeness: We black people have been brainwashed to the extent that we(especially our parents) do not realise that we are being seriously raped mentally,spiritually even financially. How could our so called "leaders" keep cheating us and yet not a single protest? We have all been softened by religion. Radicals are never religious people.we need more young nigerians to boycott any religious organization and do these crap politicians dirty! Question them on their day to day activities,make those position a hot seat for whoever sits on them. They are just too bloody comfortable !

The white man must have studied us well before giving us christianity- beceuse he must have noticed we africans worship anything( including stones). Religion was used as a blind fold to steal from us! Now Oyedepo and co have all built a fortune doing the same damn thing!

We all need to be radical if we want to break this heavy yoke .

Case in point: Jos, Plateau State.
In the late 80s and 90s Jos used to be the tin mining capital of Nigeria. For some reason at the same time there were so many active (white) missionaries aggresively 'evangelising,'opening churches and schools, etc. But as the tin dried up so did the missionaries.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2013
To those of you who profess not believing in God, do you at least love your neighbours as yourselves? Respect and obey the non-religious civic laws of the land you dwell in? Or are you corrupt, selfish and wicked to your fellow man, yet wish that 'blacks' would live in a better society, poverty-free, etc!
It beats me when you people put the blame on us religious adherents, yet arent any better. Keep ridiculing luxury jet owners etc. We all know that if you too had the means, ...
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 09, 2013
dohiswill:
everythings around you are enough proves that God exist, dont be deceived the devils also know that God exist and tremble
Bwahaha... You are very religious and, it won't help you.How did you know everything around is by God? Don't tell me the bible says so!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Mylove55(f): 7:40am On Feb 09, 2013
God is so great,i was once thinkin like u,until God said to me,son don't be a fool.God never help d white,it is their evil capitalist system by getting rich anyhow even if killing ur broda.it is also d evil of d black,black witch everywhere sucking blood.now to africa leaders,dey are d worst of it.dey practice capitalist system by killin protester who dare ask 4 their right,steal what belong to everyone,misappropriate it.i advice our leader to practice God's way,God wants d best 4 all.d white may use their capitalist system well.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:42am On Feb 09, 2013
tete7000: Many times I come here and read self-acclaimed atheist saying one thing or the other about existence/non-existent of God. Rather unfortunate I also noticed many getting into unnecessary argument trying to convince them. May I let the acclaimed atheists know that what whether you believe God exist or not remove nothing from God. God is God, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. What you believe or not believe remove nothing from him. We will all die and one day come face to face with his justice. Everyone will reap what he/she sow and ignorance will never be and excuse for anyone! Rather unfortunate! So if you believe in Him, it is for your own good and your choice not to believe is to your own peril. I will advice however that everyone shed this garb of pride and choose wisely.

Sorry, God is nothing. HE DOESNT EXIST. HE CAN'T EXIST.

If i face judgment with that thing, i will surely fight and defeat him.

It is the african community that is reaping what they sow, poverty because they listened to a God, a cruel God, rather than reason.
I WILL NEVER OFFER WORSHIP TO THE XTIAN GOD, NOT TO MENTION THE MUSLIM GOD.

IF I AM WRONG AND SPIRITS EXIST, I WOULD CHOOSE THE ALMIGHTY ESU (YES, THE GREAT LUCIFER-HE REWARDS HIS PEOPLE-CHECK THE ILLUMINATI). DOES GOD REWARD HIS PEOPLE? CHECK THE AFRICAN COMMUNITY FOR ANSWERS
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:45am On Feb 09, 2013
Lenny5000:

Africans or rather Nigerians love the Idea of GOD, screaming his name, going to church etc... Doesnt mean they truly love or believe in him. Most people do that to feel good about themselves or at least pretend that they are good... If Nigerians truly love or worship GOD they will obey his commandment which is very simply. Love your fellow man,woman like you love yourself. How difficult is it to treat your neighbor right?... Over here in the west I dont see a lot of whites screaming GOD, going to church and talking about how much they worship and love GOD, but at least they manage to treat each other right and that is why they are progressing . To drive a Car you need Petrol, if you put water instead and expect GOD to work magic, you are only setting yourself up. Just put Fuel and see your car working again. Let the Hate, Greed, Wickedness, Looting by Pastors and Politicians, Cold-heartedness towards each other stop and you will see Nigeria progress. God has blessed Nigeria more than most countries in the world, so you cant blame him that our people are greedy and refuse to use the wealth for the good of everyone. He has done his part, let us do ours... that's how it works. God has given us choice and we know right from wrong, to intefare with our right of making choices will mean we are programmed Robots. You have just excersise that right, by becoming an atheist!
Bless

By becoming an atheist, i just got my mind to mind self. It was when i was a xtian that i was a robot. NOW I DONT LIVE HOW A GOD WANT ME TO LIVE ANYMORE, i live HOW I WANT. THAT FREEDOM.

AFRICANS BELIEVE GOD CAN DO ALL FOR US BECAUSE F OUR HISTORY. IT IS ONLY AGGRAVATED WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS - TAKE ALL YOUR REQUEST TO GOD IN PRAYER, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE ETC.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2013
Mylove55: God is so great,i was once thinkin like u,until God said to me,son don't be a fool.God never help d white,it is their evil capitalist system by getting rich anyhow even if killing ur broda.it is also d evil of d black,black witch everywhere sucking blood.now to africa leaders,dey are d worst of it.dey practice capitalist system by killin protester who dare ask 4 their right,steal what belong to everyone,misappropriate it.i advice our leader to practice God's way,God wants d best 4 all.d white may use their capitalist system well.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

Seriously, many Africans have brains which are still in the developing stage. The excuses people give about the existence of God somewhere is a prove to that. It is true Theists and religionists are brainwashed by religious doctrines, indeed by futile dogmas.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

IN the bible animals and humans were created on the same day by God so that can be used to support your ideality but for you to say that me and common ape share the same ancestor is rubbish. God forbid. maybe you atheists do because apes don't have any belief system but i'm sure that apes still praise God.

YOU THINK WITHIN THE BIBLE. THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM. I GUESS IF I AM AN AMALEKITE, YOU WOULD KILL ME RIGHT NOW.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:49am On Feb 09, 2013
ibrobell: This situation of africa is not because of religious people. Its because Africa has non God fearing leaders who dont care about their people

WHILE I AM not blaming "religious people", i am blaming religion because of the mentality of security when there is none that it gives. It says Jesus fed 5000 when millions are dieing of hunger here. Where is that zombie of yours called jesus when thousands of my people die daily?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:50am On Feb 09, 2013
all4naija: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

Seriously, many Africans have brains which are still in the developing stage.

grin grin
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by andyanders: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

You know, if God ask me to choose between living with him forever or going to hell, living with the devil, i would choose hell, why? because the devil takes care of his own, the illuminati are rich, God does not take care of his own, the religious africa is poor

May God have mercy on you. I pray your life might end up turning like that of Saul. In fact this is first time and hearing from someone whom devil has stolen from his mind.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2013
clue: To those of you who profess not believing in God, do you at least love your neighbours as yourselves? Respect and obey the non-religious civic laws of the land you dwell in? Or are you corrupt, selfish and wicked to your fellow man, yet wish that 'blacks' would live in a better society, poverty-free, etc!
It beats me when you people put the blame on us religious adherents, yet arent any better. Keep ridiculing luxury jet owners etc. We all know that if you too had the means, ...

If i am corrupt and wicked, i wouldn't have traded my soul for my land.

Once AGAIN, I AM NOT BLAMING RELIGIOUS PEOPLE, I AM BLAMING RELIGION BECAUSE OF HOW IT CHANGES PEOPLE'S MENTALITY AND TURN THEM TO GULLIBLE ROBOTS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again / Philippines Sing In Igbo At The Lord's Chosen Church (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.