Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (22853 Views)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / For The Salvation Of Your Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by redsun(m): 1:40am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

you dont need more than 5 lines to succinctly explain yourself... or at best point us to a peer-reviewed publication where we can find this evidence. If you need more than 5 lines then you really dont know what you are saying.

Evidence of evolution is UR ability to interact here right now from thousand of miles away effortless.

Just because oyinbo made it easy doesn't mean it is easy and you are hanging on to primitive beliefs, instincts and hiding under oyinbo umbrellas because you failed like most Africans to understand the principles of nature and use it to your own advantage.

Man is nothing other than formations of cells that forms by chance,just like the universe itself. It exist because sequences of events allows it to exist and the best u can do is understand it and ride as much as you can before you expire like every other thing in the universe.

The only things that will stay eternally are time and space.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 1:42am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

Are transgenic mice considered "evolved" mice?

Transgenic mice are works of human intelligence (i hope you understand the word "transgenic" perfectly). therefore, you cannot say they "evolved" because they dont exist in nature. However, you cannot say they are created because they are hybrids. You can only say they are engineered mice.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 1:44am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

That is because the God you worship is energy i work with in my lab.

I just told you that energy cannot be [b]created [/b]or destroyed and you still have to ask me who created the "first" energy?. There is no first energy. It is the same energy. Energy can only be converted, it cannot be created or destroyed. This is verified evidence.

You just rejected one of the most simple yet important, short yet verified theory in science, how then will you believe the broad theory of evolution.

Did i hear you say it takes more faith to believe that energy cannot be create or destroyed than to believe in God? if that is true, then you must have seen God.

Have you seen God?

If nothing comes from nothing, where did God come from. I have an hypothesis about that, God evolved from energy, how does that sound to you.

Do you see energy? do you touch energy? you can't touch electric energy, you see the effects, you can't hold potential energy you feel the potential, you can not hold kinetic energy..... Prof.OOman no one has seen energy it

quoting wikipedia' "In physics, energy is an indirectly observed quantity which comes in many forms, such as kinetic energy, potential energy, radiant energy, and many others; which are listed in this summary article. This is a major topic in science and technology and this article gives an overview of its major aspects, and provides links to the many specific articles about energy in its different forms and contexts.
The question "what is energy?" is difficult to answer in a simple, intuitive way, although energy can be rigorously defined in theoretical physics. In the words of Richard Feynman, "It is important to realize that in physics today, we have no knowledge what energy is. We do not have a picture that energy comes in little blobs of a definite amount.".[1]"
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

That is because the God you worship is energy i work with in my lab.

[size=18pt]I just told you that energy cannot be [b]created [/b]or destroyed and you still have to ask me who created the "first" energy?. There is no first energy. It is the same energy. Energy can only be converted, it cannot be created or destroyed. This is verified evidence.[/size]

You just rejected one of the most simple yet important, short yet verified theory in science, how then will you believe the broad theory of evolution.

Did i hear you say it takes more faith to believe that energy cannot be create or destroyed than to believe in God? if that is true, then you must have seen God.

Have you seen God?

If nothing comes from nothing, where did God come from. I have an hypothesis about that, God evolved from energy, how does that sound to you.

Ok this is quite daft. Where you present BEFORE the big b.ang? So how is it "verified evidence" that energy has ALWAYS existed?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by lordZOUGA(m): 1:46am On Feb 09, 2013
are you people trying to prove the theory of creation here on this thread? but for me, any scientific proof provided by science is good for me, it's way better than believing that someone said something and stuff happened

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Transgenic mice are works of human intelligence (i hope you understand the word "transgenic" perfectly). therefore, you cannot say they "evolved" because they dont exist in nature. However, you cannot say they are created because they are hybrids. You can only say they are engineered mice.

This is quite ignorant. Here is the simple explanation for a transgene from wikipedia - A transgene is a gene or genetic material that has been transferred naturally or by any of a number of genetic engineering techniques from one organism to another.

So how can you say transgenic mice can not occur in nature? Isnt genetic transfer one of the scientific "evidences" for evolution?

How can a geneticist not know this?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 1:47am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Do you know that the big bang theory in itself shoots holes into your arguments? Energy can not be created nor destroyed and the world came about from energy.

Does it sound remotely like 'let there be light'?

Everything came form energy because energy is eternal. It exist forever but in different forms, as decided by space.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 1:48am On Feb 09, 2013
redsun:

Evidence of evolution is UR ability to interact here right now from thousand of miles away effortless.

Just because oyinbo made it easy doesn't mean it is easy and you are hanging on to primitive beliefs, instincts and hiding under oyinbo umbrellas because you failed like most Africans to understand the principles of nature and use it to your own advantage.

Man is nothing other than formations of cells that forms by chance,just like the universe itself. It exist because sequences of events allows it to exist and the best u can do is understand it and ride.

There are differences between technological evolution and biological evolution, do not mix it up, in this context they are mutually exclusive.

Where is the proof that apes turned into humans?

Despite the evidence being pathetic, even if you claim the title of World's Biggest Optimist, evolutionists still tell the story that once upon a time humans evolved from ape-like creatures.

Many years ago this argument seemed credible to a lot of people because there was so little hominid fossil evidence that it was easy to imagine evolutionary links everywhere.

But things have changed. Thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found — and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all. Fossils have been found in the wrong time-frames, put into the wrong categories before all the evidence was in, and what was once thought to be the ape-human family tree now actually has no trunk — just unconnected branches.

Because evolutionists can't change their theory, they are stuck with the evidence looking more confusing for them with each new hominid/homin/hominine fossil discovery. Instead of clarifying the alleged link between apes and humans, new fossil discoveries are making it harder to show which type of ape or ape-like creature evolved into a human.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 1:48am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Everything came form energy because energy is eternal. It exist forever but in different forms, as decided by space.

and your scientific evidence for this is? Or are you just yapping?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 1:50am On Feb 09, 2013
On the issue of energy may i remind you that I am a qualified electrical and electronics engineer
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 1:56am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Do you see energy? do you touch energy? you can't touch electric energy, you see the effects, you can't hold potential energy you feel the potential, you can not hold kinetic energy..... Prof.OOman no one has seen energy it

quoting wikipedia' "In physics, energy is an indirectly observed quantity which comes in many forms, such as kinetic energy, potential energy, radiant energy, and many others; which are listed in this summary article. This is a major topic in science and technology and this article gives an overview of its major aspects, and provides links to the many specific articles about energy in its different forms and contexts.
The question "what is energy?" is difficult to answer in a simple, intuitive way, although energy can be rigorously defined in theoretical physics. In the words of Richard Feynman, "It is important to realize that in physics today, we have no knowledge what energy is. We do not have a picture that energy comes in little blobs of a definite amount.".[1]"

Your arguments are accurate. Have you seen lightening before, then you are seen energy, have you heard thunder before, then you have heard energy, have you held anything before, then you have held energy, because everything is composed of energy.

It is true that energy is broad, but a simple law remains valid, it cannot be created or destroyed.
davidylan:

Ok this is quite daft. Where you present BEFORE the big b.ang? So how is it "verified evidence" that energy has ALWAYS existed?

You seem not to understand what evidence means anymore. when a particular matter behaves in the same way always, it becomes a law. Let me ask you, have you destroyed energy before, have you created one?

davidylan:

This is quite ignorant. Here is the simple explanation for a transgene from wikipedia - A transgene is a gene or genetic material that has been transferred naturally or by any of a number of genetic engineering techniques from one organism to another.

So how can you say transgenic mice can not occur in nature? Isnt genetic transfer one of the scientific "evidences" for evolution?

Transgenes are not "naturally" transferred, they are artificially transferred, by humans. You can as well say that because some bacteria can produce insulin, therefore they have the natural genes to produce insulin. Bactria can produce human proteins, but they have to be engineered. For anything to be transgenic at all, it has to be engineered.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 1:57am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Your arguments are accurate. Have you seen lightening before, then you are seen energy, have you heard thunder before, then you have heard energy, have you held anything before, then you have held energy, because everything is composed of energy.

It is true that energy is broad, but a simple law remains valid, it cannot be created or destroyed.
davidylan:

You seem not to understand what evidence means anymore. when a particular matter behaves in the same way always, it becomes a law. Let me ask you, have you destroyed energy before, have you created one?

davidylan:

Transgenes are not "naturally" transferred, they are artificially transferred, by humans. You can as well say that because some bacteria can produce insulin, therefore they have the natural genes to produce insulin. Bactria can produce human proteins, but they have to be engineered. For anything to be transgenic at all, it has to be engineered.

Do you even understand the english meaning of the word "transgene" it means genes from different source (trans). how can gene from a rat and dog for example come together naturally except by human action? deal with that
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman: You seem not to understand what evidence means anymore. when a particular matter behaves in the same way always, it becomes a law. Let me ask you, have you destroyed energy before, have you created one?

you understand that extrapolation is not science right?

ooman:

I will not debate with an obvious illiterate... here are 2 papers to help you.

Bacterial gene transfer by natural genetic transformation in the environment

Naturally occurring horizontal gene transfer and homologous recombination in Mycobacterium
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:02am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob: On the issue of energy may i remind you that I am a qualified electrical and electronics engineer

sorry but that only makes you an electrician, probably a radionic, or a mechanic or even a tv repairer. That doesnt make you a scientist. You have to be a physicist before you can qualify to talk about energy with me.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:03am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Please I will love to correct you once and for all scientifically,you cannot touch,hold or see energy,you can only feel,touch,see the effects energy.A lightening bolt is a result of discharge of energy...[size=13pt]the bolt in itself is not the energy it is just the effect[/size]. Science is tricky eh? you have to have a complex mind to grasp the concept energy.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:05am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

you understand that extrapolation is not science right?

I will not debate with an obvious illiterate... here are 2 papers to help you.

Bacterial gene transfer by natural genetic transformation in the environment

Naturally occurring horizontal gene transfer and homologous recombination in Mycobacterium

YOU HAVE MIXED IT ALL UP. THE PROPERTY YOU LINKED ABOVE IS CALLED TRANSFORMATION (process of bacteria changing to different strains by acquiring genetic particles from their environment) NOT TRANSGENE. You are not a geneticist so i forgive you.

By mentioning "recombination", you have made it obvious it has to include human intelligence, if not who will be recombining. This things are out of your ken, they are my daily work. so humble yourself before me.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman: Do you even understand the english meaning of the word "transgene" it means genes from different source (trans). how can gene from a rat and dog for example come together naturally except by human action? deal with that

you are not very bright... again i QUOTE from wikipedia - A transgene is a gene or genetic material that has been transferred naturally[1] or by any of a number of genetic engineering techniques from one organism to another.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:07am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

sorry but that only makes you an electrician, probably a radionic, or a mechanic or even a tv repairer. That doesnt make you a scientist. You have to be a physicist before you can qualify to talk about energy with me.

You are showing your ignorance again in a profession you know nothing about.....the device you are typing with was not engineered by theories but by application of theories and before you can apply a theory you have to understand the theory. P:S I can get an advanced degree in physics but a physicist cannot purse an advanced engineering degree, ever wonder why?

[size=20pt]With your last post I can conclude by your arguments that you are not widely read,if you actually believed an EEE is an electrician or a TV repairer grin[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:08am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

you are not very bright... again i QUOTE from wikipedia - A transgene is a gene or genetic material that has been transferred naturally[1] or by any of a number of genetic engineering techniques from one organism to another.

wikipedia must have misled you.

Let me quote from Encarta : transgene - gene transferred to other organism: a gene transferred from one organism to another

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Transgenic: 1. with genes from different species: describes an animal or plant that contains genes from a different species, transferred using the techniques of genetic modification
2. involving transfer of genetic material: describes the technique of transferring genetic material from one organism into the DNA of another

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Now, how can you use technique of DNA modification if you are not intelligent?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

YOU HAVE MIXED IT ALL UP. THE PROPERTY YOU LINKED ABOVE IS CALLED TRANSFORMATION (process of bacteria changing to different strains by acquiring genetic particles from their environment) NOT TRANSGENE. You are not a geneticist so i forgive you.

I'm sorry but it seems you dont understand your terms. Transformation is the process... transgene is the GENE that causes the process. Dont mix things up bro.

The transformation you describe above is exactly how different phenotypic changes are made to mice... transformation is not restricted to bacteria.

ooman:
By mentioning "recombination", you have made it obvious it has to include human intelligence, if not who will be recombining. This things are out of your ken, they are my daily work. so humble yourself before me.

That is quite daft. homologous recombination can and does occur without human interference. Infact homologous recombination has been postulated as evidence for evolution.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:10am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

You are showing your ignorance again in a profession you know nothing about.....the device you are typing with was not engineered by theories but by application of theories and before you can apply a theory you have to understand the theory. P:S I can get an advance degree in physics but a physicist cannot purse an advanced engineering degree, ever wonder why?

I must have hurt you. Sorry.

Tell me, If energy can be created, why do we have limited types of energy?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

wikipedia must have misled you.

Let me quote from Encarta : transgene - gene transferred to other organism: a gene transferred from one organism to another

Transgenic: 1. with genes from different species: describes an animal or plant that contains genes from a different species, transferred using the techniques of genetic modification
2. involving transfer of genetic material: describes the technique of transferring genetic material from one organism into the DNA of another

Now, how can you use technique of DNA modification if you are not intelligent?

Wikipedia hasnt misled me. that is a biological fact... transgenes do occur in nature.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:14am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

That is quite daft. homologous recombination can and does occur without human interference. Infact homologous recombination has been postulated as evidence for evolution.

By saying this, you are right. But we are not talking about meiosis right now, we are talking about "changes in bacteria", dont forget that.

After showing you verified definition (written by professors and researchers) on encarta and you disagree to accept that, like you did all my theories, i have nothing more to say on transgenic properties.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:16am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

I must have hurt you. Sorry.

Tell me, If energy can be created, why do we have limited types of energy?

Try and keep up! Did I say energy can be created? I refuted your claim that by seeing a lightening bolt you have seen energy. That is a false statement
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:17am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

Wikipedia hasnt misled me. that is a biological fact... transgenes do occur in nature.

i have told you that what you call transgene is called transformation. Its is how non-Pneumonia causing bacteria can become Pneumonia causing bacteria if it is inserted in Pneumonia causing bacteria's environment. It is taking up DNA material from your environment, it is not called transgene, it is called transformation.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

By saying this, you are right. But we are not talking about meiosis right now, we are talking about "changes in bacteria", dont forget that.

After showing you verified definition (written by professors and researchers) on encarta and you disagree to accept that, like you did all my theories, i have nothing more to say on transgenic properties.

I wasnt talking about meiosis either. homologous recombination can occur outside of meiosis. That is fact.

Secondly... wikipedia isnt necessarily written by idiots either and i provided 2 papers for you to read except you were too quick to run with your head in a bucket of sand.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

i have told you that what you call transgene is called transformation. Its is how non-Pneumonia causing bacteria can become Pneumonia causing bacteria if it is inserted in Pneumonia causing bacteria's environment. It is taking up DNA material from your environment, it is not called transgene, it is called transformation.

This makes no sense. Transformation is a PROCESS, transgene is a NAME that describes the gene involved in the process of transformation.

Read before posting.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:18am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Try and keep up! Did I say energy can be created? I refuted your claim that by seeing a lightening bolt you have seen energy. That is a false statement

Tell, what do i see when i see lightening? Why can i store lightening and use it to power my computer later? Tell me the true statement mr. engr
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

Stop beating around the bush. ooman is very correct and his explanation is clear enough. The genes used by genetic engineers can occur naturally but are engineered to what is now the trangene organism, being something different from the particular genes it is extracted from. In simple term, Trangene doesn't occur in that form naturally.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:22am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

This makes no sense. Transformation is a PROCESS, transgene is a NAME that describes the gene involved in the process of transformation.

Read before posting.

It is one thing that you are trying to protect your image, that is understandable, it is another thing that your are rejecting simple fact. This is transformation according to encarta: genetic change: a permanent change in the genetic makeup of a cell when it acquires foreign DNA

Encarta (written by professors and researcher) cannot be wrong, or maybe i should say, you cannot know it more than those who coined the term.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by redsun(m): 2:23am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

There are differences between technologic evolution and biological evolution, do not mix it up, in this context they are mutually exclusive.

Where is the proof that apes turned into humans?

Despite the evidence being pathetic, even if you claim the title of World's Biggest Optimist, evolutionists still tell the story that once upon a time humans evolved from ape-like creatures.

Many years ago this argument seemed credible to a lot of people because there was so little hominid fossil evidence that it was easy to imagine evolutionary links everywhere.

But things have changed. Thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found — and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all. Fossils have been found in the wrong time-frames, put into the wrong categories before all the evidence was in, and what was once thought to be the ape-human family tree now actually has no trunk — just unconnected branches.

Because evolutionists can't change their theory, they are stuck with the evidence looking more confusing for them with each new hominid/homin/hominine fossil discovery. Instead of clarifying the alleged link between apes and humans, new fossil discoveries are making it harder to show which type of ape or ape-like creature evolved into a human.

I don't think there are much differences between technological evolution and biological. Man's ability to think,reason,create and innovates helps him to transform himself from one physical feature and condition to another.

Humans would still be looking like apes on the bush if they have not thought of razor/blades to shave. And you can see evidences of evolutionary traits and gaps among modern humans in the way people live. Some are thousands of years apart from each other in the evolutionary race,just because the ones behind are slow to catch up with the concept of evolution,as in the case of Africa that is bothering with ancient beliefs like Christianity and living in abject miseries as a result of not knowing. While the west is on the mission of relocating to mars with earth almost at its tatters from over exploration.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:24am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

Tell, what do i see when i see lightening? Why can i store lightening and use it to power my computer later? Tell me the true statement mr. engr

[size=20pt]Please don't argue this lipsrsealed you can only see the effects of energy,you can't see energy, storing energy is it the same as seeing energy? NO NO NO please ask a physicist[/size].

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again / How To Ensure That You Don't Receive The Mark Of The Beast / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.