Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,342 members, 7,888,086 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (22900 Views)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / For The Salvation Of Your Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:26am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

I wasnt talking about meiosis either. homologous recombination can occur outside of meiosis. That is fact.

Secondly... wikipedia isnt necessarily written by idiots either and i provided 2 papers for you to read except you were too quick to run with your head in a bucket of sand.

I have been studying genetics for years, I have never ever experienced homologous recombination outside meiosis. Do you even know what homologous means? It means same allele of a gene coming from different parent. How can this occur out meiosis? Pls defend this statement of yours because you are totally wrong in this, give me links too where there is homologous combination outside meiosis.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:27am On Feb 09, 2013
redsun:

I don't think there are much differences between technological evolution and biological. Man's ability to think,reason,create and innovates helps him to transform himself from one physical feature and condition to another.

Humans would still be looking like apes on the bush if they have not thought of rszor/blades to shave. And you can see evidences of evolutionary traits and gaps among modern humans in the way people live. Some are thousands of years apart from each other in the evolutionary race,just because the ones behind are slow to catch up with the concept of evolution,as in the case of Africa that is bothering with ancient beliefs like Christianity and living in abject miseries as a result of not knowing. While the west is on the mission of relocating to mars with earth almost at its tatters from over exploration.

Biologically there is no difference between humans in African jungles 200 years ago and you, so please that you have computers now or that you go to the moon,is not [size=20pt]BIOLOGICAL EVOLUTION[/size] if there is please tell me

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:27am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

I wasnt talking about meiosis either. homologous recombination can occur outside of meiosis. That is fact.

Secondly... wikipedia isnt necessarily written by idiots either and i provided 2 papers for you to read except you were too quick to run with your head in a bucket of sand.

I have been studying genetics for years, I have never ever experienced homologous recombination outside meiosis. Do you even know what homologous means? It means same allele of a gene coming from different parent. How can this occur out meiosis? Pls defend this statement of yours because you are totally wrong in this, give me links too where there is homologous combination outside meiosis. Maybe now you will agree that wikipedia has misled you.

From experience, i will advice you never to trust one source of information. do you think i have not checked wikipedia too?. If you read wikipedia well, you will see that you can help them edit or improve some of their explanations, this is why they label them with 1,2,3 e.tc. If you use wikipedia so well, you will notice that.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:29am On Feb 09, 2013
all4naija: Stop beating around the bush. ooman is very correct and his explanation is clear enough.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about but simply jumped in to support a fellow atheist.

all4naija:
The genes used by genetic engineers can occur naturally but are engineered to what is now the trangene organism, being something different from the particular genes it is extracted from.

this is brainless word salad.

1. Of course all genes occur naturally... that would be a silly thing to be debating and certainly wasnt what the discussion was about.

2. What do you mean by "being something different from the particular genes it is extracted from"? Can you extract a gene from a gene? You simply need to clone a gene from a genome, you cant just cut out a gene from a living organism. That was the most senseless statement i've read on here all day.

3. There is nothing like a "transgene organism" - its a transgenic organism

all4naija:
In simple term, Trangene doesn't occur in that form naturally.

What is a "trangene"? A gene that is transfered is a transgene. Genes occur naturally and gene transfer is a well known fact of science.

What is it you were saying?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:35am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

What is a "trangene"? A gene that is transfered is a transgene. Genes occur naturally and gene transfer is a well known fact of science.

That is well said, but the process is called transformation not "transgenic". that word is not even a noun its an adjective, transgenic cannot therefore be a name of a process because it is not a noun. get that?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:35am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about but simply jumped in to support a fellow atheist.

1. Of course all genes occur naturally... that would be a silly thing to be debating and certainly wasnt what the discussion was about.

2. What do you mean by "being something different from the particular genes it is extracted from"? Can you extract a gene from a gene? You simply need to clone a gene from a genome, you cant just cut out a gene from a living organism. That was the most senseless statement i've read on here all day.

Please Davidlyan Atheist or not,if ooman can tell me seeing a bolt of lightening is seeing energy,and that an eee is an electrician or redsun telling me having computers and living in a technologically advance world is the same as or remotely close to biological evolution,then there is a fundamental problem and obvious knowledge gaps. Atheist just argue for the sake of arguing.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by redsun(m): 2:36am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Biologically there is no difference between humans in African jungles 200 years ago and you, so please that you have computers now or that you go to the moon,is not [size=20pt]BIOLOGICAL EVOLUTION[/size] if there is please tell m
Did u just say 200 years? 200 years in in evolutionary traits is less than 1000th of a second.

These things have been for billions of years and it transforms,destroys,shape and recreate itself as time goes by

The only thing that remains the same is time and it remains as a concept as long as humans exist. Like every other thing,time is man's imagination.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:40am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

Obviously you need to ask for a refund of your school fees. Homologous recombination is the most important pathway in DNA strand-break repair. Any genetics textbook worth its salt should contain a chapter on this. Here is a paper to make your day (unlike you, i actually provide evidence for my facts) -

DNA double-strand break repair by homologous recombination

I have read your link, but you failed to understand that where the word "homologous" was used, they refered to the process of meiosis even though they did not mention there, if you know genetics well, you will understand when they said " To maintain the integrity of the genome, multiple pathways for the repair of DSBs have evolved during evolution: homologous recombination (HR),........." Maintaining the integrity of the genome is only necessary during reproduction. Reproduction is meiotic division. Do you understand? You are the one that should not argue about what you do not understand.

They are also talking about conservation, conservation is necessary when you are passing down your genes, another meiotic division. Pls tell me you understand now.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:40am On Feb 09, 2013
redsun:
Did u just say 200 years. 200 years in in evolutionary traits is less than 1000th of a second.

These things have been for billions of years and it transforms,destroys,shape and recreate itself as time goes by

The only thing that remains the same is time and it remains as a concept as long as humans exist. Like every other thing,time is man's imagination.

Where is the proof that apes turned into humans?

Despite the evidence being pathetic, even if you claim the title of World's Biggest Optimist, evolutionists still tell the story that once upon a time humans evolved from ape-like creatures.

Many years ago this argument seemed credible to a lot of people because there was so little hominid fossil evidence that it was easy to imagine evolutionary links everywhere.

But things have changed. Thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found — and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all. Fossils have been found in the wrong time-frames, put into the wrong categories before all the evidence was in, and what was once thought to be the ape-human family tree now actually has no trunk — just unconnected branches.

Because evolutionists can't change their theory, they are stuck with the evidence looking more confusing for them with each new hominid/homin/hominine fossil discovery. Instead of clarifying the alleged link between apes and humans, new fossil discoveries are making it harder to show which type of ape or ape-like creature evolved into a human.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:42am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Please Davidlyan Atheist or not,if ooman can tell me seeing a bolt of lightening is seeing energy,and that an eee is an electrician or redsun telling me having computers and living in a technologically advance world is the same as or remotely close to biological evolution,then there is a fundamental problem and obvious knowledge gaps. Atheist just argue for the sake of arguing.

pls tell us, what do you define as energy. Let me know your view on energy, dont just make me feel unintelligent, make yourself feel intelligent too.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:45am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Despite the evidence being pathetic, even if you claim the title of World's Biggest Optimist, evolutionists still tell the story that once upon a time humans evolved from ape-like creatures.

Many years ago this argument seemed credible to a lot of people because there was so little hominid fossil evidence that it was easy to imagine evolutionary links everywhere.

But things have changed. Thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found — and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all. Fossils have been found in the wrong time-frames, put into the wrong categories before all the evidence was in, and what was once thought to be the ape-human family tree now actually has no trunk — just unconnected branches.

Because evolutionists can't change their theory, they are stuck with the evidence looking more confusing for them with each new hominid/homin/hominine fossil discovery. Instead of clarifying the alleged link between apes and humans, new fossil discoveries are making it harder to show which type of ape or ape-like creature evolved into a human.

The proof is that chimpanzees and humans share more than 98% of their gene and so must have evolved from same ancestor.

That is verified. the ancestor of other apes and human diverged some 200tya. we progressively evolved from autralopethecus, then afarensis, then habilis, then erectus, till it get to us, sapiens. There is your proof.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by GooseBaba: 2:46am On Feb 09, 2013
HerexG :

All this happens because most of them ve all deviated from the through calling of Christ, which is Love. They are now lovers of themselves. If ye truly love thyselves, you will do thyselves no harm.

What about the true followers of Christ that perish and suffer with the "most of them"? Where is the love?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:47am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

pls tell us, what do you define as energy. Let me know your view on energy, dont just make me feel unintelligent, make yourself feel intelligent too.

To break it down in layman's terms,Look around you. Is anything moving?
Can you hear, see or feel anything? Sure... this is because something is making something happen, and most probably, there is some power at home. This power or ability to make things happen is what we can call energy. It makes things happen. It makes change possible,the change in itself is not the energy. IT IS AN EFFECT
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 09, 2013
davidylan:

I know you quite well in this forum and you're always fond of not seeing the picture clearly even when explained in simple English. For example a mouse with human ear is likely to be different from human or a mouse its genes have be derived from because it has donation of genes from both parents. In gene mapping we have found out that the differences of one organism from another is very slim. Then this not what trangenic is all about. All the genes used in the process of reproducing the mouse occur naturally but there has never been a mouse with human ear before until one was engineered. Look, I have friends who are genetic engineers and they quite told me about this.

From the same wikipedia you quoted earlier "In looser usage, transgene can describe any DNA sequence, regardless of whether it contains a gene coding sequence or it has been artificially constructed, which has been introduced into an organism or vector construct in which it was previously not found."

Wikipedia LINK you quoted earlier
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:49am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

The proof is that chimpanzees and humans share more than 98% of their gene and so must have evolved from same ancestor.

That is verified. the ancestor of other apes and human diverged some 200tya. we progressively evolved from autralopethecus, then afarensis, then habilis, then erectus, till it get to us, sapiens. There is your proof.

how do you explain thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found — and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by redsun(m): 2:51am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Because evolutionists can't change their theory, they are stuck with the evidence looking more confusing for them witheach new hominid/homin/hominine fossil discovery. Instead of clarifying the alleged link between apes and humans, new fossil discoveries are making it harder to show which type of ape or ape-like creature evolved into a human.

You don't have to literally turn from ape in the bush to the dressed up man u are today for you to believe in evolution. In not too distant past man was in the same situations of living in the bush as hunter gatherer,living in the open,eating wild and fresh like the lions,before he started thinking and thought of fire,thought of stone tools to the point that he now lives in skyscrapers and fly in the sky with objects made of his brains and hands. Things we take for granted today,but,they didn't come easy.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by OilSubsidy: 2:51am On Feb 09, 2013
@ooman. all i can say is that you are very intelligent! GOD created you to be very smart grin waoh
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 2:55am On Feb 09, 2013
redsun:

You don't have to literally turn from ape in the bush to the dressed up man u are today for you to believe in evolution. In no distantly man was in the same situations of living in the bush as hunter gatherer,living in open,eating wild and fresh like the lions,before he started thinking and thought if fire,thought of stone tools to the point that he now lives in skyscrapers and fly in the sky with objects made of his brains and hands. Things we take for granted today,but,they didn't come easy

Did he change biologically? from hunting in my village to living in scrappers
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 2:56am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

To break it down in layman's terms,Look around you. Is anything moving?
Can you hear, see or feel anything? Sure... this is because something is making something happen, and most probably, there is some power at home. This power or ability to make things happen is what we can call energy. It makes things happen. It makes change possible,the change in itself is not the energy. IT IS AN EFFECT

YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT. now you are thinking like an evolutionist ( and an atheist). I love your definition, it shows intelligence. It is true that change is not energy, but energy makes change possible. You said "It makes things happen. It makes change possible,the change in itself is not the energy. IT IS AN EFFECT" and i totally agree.

Because energy cannot be created or destroyed,and because of what i quoted from you above, you should be able to understand that since everything came from energy, and since energy cannot be created or destroyed, then creation was a lie.
You have also make energy look like the God you worship when you said "It makes things happen. It makes change possible,"

You have helped me proved evolution right once again. Thank you
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

The truth is that human is not different from ape genetically!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 3:00am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

how do you explain thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found — and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all

That is because microevolution is not phenotypically expressed. How do you explain presence of mainframe computers when ipads are now available because " they don't show a steady progression from mainframe computers to ipads at all"-that was from you. Now i may also start requesting for missing links between desktop and laptop, between laptop and ipads. Do you understand?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 3:01am On Feb 09, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that human is not different ape genetically!

if we "broke off" from them, we should still be able to breed.

evidence?

the zebra can breed with the horse.
the lion can breed with the tiger
wolf can breed with the dog
pigs can breed with a hog
the camel can breed with the llama
the grizzly with the polar bear
a leopard and a lion
a bottlenose dolphin and a false killer whale
a tiger and a lion/tiger mix
cow and buffalo
goat and sheep

the list goes on and on and on. but the questions remain, if we are this similar with apes, why can we not breed with them?

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 3:03am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

That is because microevolution is not phenotypically expressed. How do you explain presence of mainframe computers when ipads are now available because " they don't show a steady progression from mainframe computers to ipads at all"-that was from you. Now i may also start requesting for missing links between desktop and laptop, between laptop and ipads. Do you understand?

hahahahahahahahahahaha technological and biological evolution are mutually exclusive, dont just throw in anything for arguments sake. have you noticed how I don't do that?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 3:06am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT. now you are thinking like an evolutionist ( and an atheist). I love your definition, it shows intelligence. It is true that change is not energy, but energy makes change possible. You said "It makes things happen. It makes change possible,the change in itself is not the energy. IT IS AN EFFECT" and i totally agree.

Because energy cannot be created or destroyed,and because of what i quoted from you above, you should be able to understand that since everything came from energy, and since energy cannot be created or destroyed, then creation was a lie.
You have also make energy look like the God you worship when you said "It makes things happen. It makes change possible,"

You have helped me proved evolution right once again. Thank you

Are you alright? God cannot be created nor destroyed.everything came from God,you cannot touch or see God but you feel his effect.

Our argument here was when you said you can touch energy,stick to the point.....

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by redsun(m): 3:07am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

You guys tend to exclude the brain from biology. And that us why you never get it right,becuase it is the key human feature. Although invincible but it propels every other thing o
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

evidence?

a leopard and a lion
cow and buffalo
goat and sheep

the list goes on and on and on. but the questions remain, if we are this similar with apes, why can we not breed with them?
I am talking of the genetic makeup! Get the bigger picture here first and don't complicate the issue.

The reason is that there are mismatches in the chromosomes pairing. However, I am not a biologist or geneticist but it is clear that it's one of the reasons why human cannot mate with apes to produce an offspring.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 3:10am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

Are you alright? God cannot be created nor destroyed.everything came from God,you cannot touch or see God but you feel his effect.

Our argument here was when you said you can touch energy,stick to the point.....

HAVE I NOT TOLD YOU THAT THE GOD YOU WORSHIP IS ENERGY. YOU JUST MADE THAT POINT CLEAR NOW. continue to worship energy, i will continue to use it for my purposes.

If you have felt an electric shock, you have felt electric energy, and electrostatic force, do you understand that, engr?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 3:12am On Feb 09, 2013
all4naija: I am talking of the genetic make up! Get the bigger picture here first and don't complicate the issue.

The reason is that there are mismatch in the chromosomes pairing. However, I am not a biologist or geneticists but it is clear that is one of the reasons why human cannot mate with apes to produce an offspring.

My dear ATHEIST friend all I see are speculations,get more info before you argue.Lastly before I sleep Jesus loves you and it'll be a shame if you died and realize you in hell and there is a God.... GOODNIGHT Y'all
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 3:13am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

evidence?

a leopard and a lion
cow and buffalo
goat and sheep

YES, human can interbreed with apes to produce INFERTILE APE. BUT, experiment on humans and other apes are not performed much because of bioethics - a law that guides morality of research. People believe that it is wrong to "mix a person with an chimpanzee".

However, in borneo and sumatra, people have s.ex with orangutans (in the past). AND do you want to know the funniest part, ON DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, ORANGUTANS HAVE R.APED WOMEN. they were quickly taken to hospital and have the animal s.emen flushed off.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 09, 2013
chukkynwob:

My dear ATHEIST friend all I see are speculations,get more info before you argue.Lastly before I sleep Jesus loves you and it'll be a shame if you died and realize you in hell and there is a God.... GOODNIGHT Y'all
Sorry, I do not need to be told. I don't have any use for Jesus love. PERIOD!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 3:18am On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

HAVE I NOT TOLD YOU THAT THE GOD YOU WORSHIP IS ENERGY. YOU JUST MADE THAT POINT CLEAR NOW. continue to worship energy, i will continue to use it for my purposes.

If you have felt an electric shock, you have felt electric energy, and electrostatic force, do you understand that, engr?

My dear you lack the complex mind to argue on this with me....i stated equivocally few posts ago that you can feel the effects of energy and not the energy is itself. You cannot touch,or see energy because its a non-matter, hope you get it now? the shock is just the effect

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Mike Bamiloye 61st Birthday, Lists Filmmaker's Movies / Artist Draws Apostle Suleman & His Wife, Gives Him As Gift In Umuahia (pics) / What Has Life Taught You So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.