Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,018 members, 7,915,950 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:59 PM

Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? (22505 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by DrDoGood1(m): 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
Cardinal Arinze ko. Segun Arinze ni; Black man with Pope politics not in this generation.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by RedLight1: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
Kslib:
Mad man alert!!!!! I repeat mad man alert!!!!! Omega,do you copy?? I repeat there is a mad man on the loose approaching your 2'0clock... Shoot on sight,i repeat shoot on sight...
grin grin grin
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Symphony007: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
Cardinal arinze is a phenominal nigerian!! He was called a saint by his fellow cardinals, but he missed his mark in 2005 when he would have been pope but i really hope his age does'nt prevent him from getting this job, his whole life was meant for.

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by freezykul(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
chino24: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Emerge The First Black Pope

This is the news now in the Vatican City
i dont belive d veticans will chose a pope from africa muchless nigeria,they will most probably give it to an european,dat have always being the order,i dont tink it is about to change anytime soon.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nacl: 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
bigfat03: what God all things are impossible ,i just hope he is handsome ...and not like this ..
oh boi,, na Bance u finish like dis grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I can bet u his babe go fine pass ur own oo... grin grin grin
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
Report just reaching us indicates that cardinal sheik abdul monsur al malik bin tawheed, might likely become the first arabian pope
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by deekseen(m): 4:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
chino24: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Emerge The First Black Pope

This is the news now in the Vatican City

Are you reporting LIVE from the Vatican City? No source?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by neksummi(m): 4:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by redsun(m): 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
bigfat03: what God all things are impossible ,i just hope he is handsome ...and not like this ..

What makes u think that guy is not good looking? His darkie skin or his fake blonde?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by pokur: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
jennifer74: Cardinal Arinze is eighty years old, and just like other cardinals age eighty and above, is ineligible to vote in the conclave or be voted for. Only cardinals who are under eighty on the day the Holy See becomes vacant would be entitled to vote even if they turned eighty by the time the conclave start.
Ineligibility to vote doesn't stop one from being voted for.Gees,get ur facts right.
Theoretically,all baptised male Catholics are eligible to be Pope.The Cardinals,however go for such a person whose views or philosophies is known,mostly one of their own.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Kx: 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
Seems Chinwetalagu and Cardinal Arinze got some resemblance. Are they related?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by jimino(m): 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
Most of the pple luking 4 a black man as pope are not catholic. Wat do u pple want a black man pope 4?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
seanet01: Pipe Dream!
Person wey never see M.M.A dey talk about wetin dey happen for Vatican.
Na there you go dey.
Better go and do more marketing of spare parts at Alaba marketing
In as much as u bring tribalism into everything, u know u are just making ur tribe even more inferior dan it is already.
Btw, u are not richer dan any oga @ alaba, Are u? Isi nne muru kuja

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by seanet01: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:
In as much as u bring tribalism into everything, u know u are just making ur tribe even more inferior dan it is already.
Olodo. Those fraudulent spare part dealers richer than me?
Not in this world
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by ogarcletus: 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
because de world is geting 2an end de black man wants 2b der. tnkGod.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Heathen(m): 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
a black man becoming pope? lol,keep dreaming! Richard Dawkins has a better chance of becoming pope
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
Heathen: a black man becoming pope? lol,keep dreaming! Richard Dawkins has a better chance of becoming pope
People said something similar before Obama became president.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by solomon111(m): 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
freezykul: i dont belive d veticans will chose a pope from africa muchless nigeria,they will most probably give it to an european,dat have always being the order,i dont tink it is about to change anytime soon.
what do you mean by "muchless Nigeria"?
Which african nation have as much international influence as Nigeria.?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Eziachi: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
seanet01: My friend stop dreaming. Ibos cannot be trusted with such a Highly Revered Position.
Have you ever wondered why chinyere sorry chinua asiwere sorry achebe have not been able to win the Highly revered Oslo Nobel?
Ibos are Osu lol
Its said that once bitten should be twice shy, but bigots like you don't learn. Remember how people like you said and felt about Keshi and his Biafra Eagle as you termed them when the going wasn't straight? You were in the wing waiting for his failure and to un-leached your tribal assault but it never happened. In the end you are made to eat your word with disappointment.

I am not catholic neither I am interested if a man from Timbuktu becomes the next Pope in Vatican, but for the fact that this disease in most of you Nigerians hating anything associated with Igbo is now beyond joke, to the extent that even Boko Haram members are suddenly interested in who becomes the next pope is not only amazing but lunatic. grin

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Eziachi: 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2013
seanet01: Olodo. Those fraudulent spare part dealers richer than me?
Not in this world
You will be really fortunate is you qualify to drive their children thru and from school. I really mean that.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Heathen(m): 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
People said something similar before Obama became president.
The vatican or whatever it is called is not a democratic system. Ps isn't the pope something like second to god on earth. Do you see them destroying centuries of mental slavery of the blackman by enstating one as second to god? Do you think it will seat well with the majority white fundy catholics?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Eziachi: 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
Heathen: The vatican or whatever it is called is not a democratic system. Ps isn't the pope something like second to god on earth. Do you see them destroying centuries of mental slavery of the blackman by enstating one as second to god? Do you think it will seat well with the majority white fundy catholics?
So you don't know that its easy to get things everyone feel that you don't deserve in an undemocratic environment?
How would the likes of OBJ ever to have ruled Nigeria, if Nigeria is really democratic?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by mamagee3(f): 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
He should have been the pope instead of Benedict XVI.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
ITS NOT A QUESTION OF IF THE POPE WILL BE A BLACK MAN. THE POPE WILL DEFINITELY BE A BLACK MAN. ITS A GAME OF 'FOLLOW THE MONEY'. IT HAS NEVER BEEN FINANCIALLY BENEFICIAL FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TO HAVE A BLACK POPE BECAUSE THE CONGREGATION WAS ALWAYS WHITE AND THE WORLD POWERS THAT BE THAT SUPPORTED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WERE WHITE. HOWEVER THE WEST IS ON A DECLINE TRAJECTORY. THE PEOPLE IN THE WEST DO NOT GO TO CHURCH ANYMORE. THE WESTERN GOVTS ARE TOO BUSY CONSOLIDATING NATURAL RESOURCES AROUND THE WORLD TO BOTHER WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND PEOPLE IN THE WEST ARE FINANCIALLY SQUEEZED. SO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS DEAD IN THE WEST. THEY ARE CONVERTING ALL THEIR CHURCH BUILDINGS TO LOFT APARTMENTS OR ABANDONING THEM.

NOW WHO IS THE CHAMPION OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH NOW ? THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES. THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES ARE WHO ARE UPHOLDING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH NOW. THIS IS WHERE THE MONEY AND THE PURPOSE IS NOW. SO I THINK THEY WILL ELECT A BLACK POPE OR SOME OTHER THIRD WORLD INDIGENE

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, THEY ARE ALL SATANIC PEOPLE SO WHETHER THE POPE IS WHITE OR BLACK IS IRRELEVANT BECAUSE THEY WILL ALL MEET THE SAME FATE

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Eziachi: 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dr. Do Good:
Cardinal Arinze ko. Segun Arinze ni; Black man with Pope politics not in this generation.
You may be right, but there is nothing wrong in aiming and dreaming too high. Even if you fail, next time it might become easier for those coming after you because of your high and unrealistic targets of today.
Martin Luther King's dream ended up years later with Barak Obama as president. And in my point of view, its easy to make to the top in Rome than to the White House in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by chino24: 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné: He's already crossed 80, and by Vatican customs, that makes him ineligible.

Does his age really matter now, if not his name wouldn't have reappeared ones more on the list of the people who might be the next Pope. Let's keep watching..
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
Heathen: The vatican or whatever it is called is not a democratic system. Ps isn't the pope something like second to god on earth. Do you see them destroying centuries of mental slavery of the blackman by enstating one as second to god? Do you think it will seat well with the majority white fundy catholics?
I'm sure that at one point they said no black man could become a cardinal but we have loads of Black cardinals. Anything is possible, it's just a matter of time.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by theripper: 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
@ the prejudiced moderator, which one of una hide my post and dat Jihadist Yoruba Knave @seanet post dey here? Chineke kpo unu oku o.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
seanet01: Olodo. Those fraudulent spare part dealers richer than me?
Not in this world
So u really want us to press dis issu, bah? I av already told u they are richer than u by far. What else do u want me to do for u? Talking abt fraud, go and meet Otedola, stop beefing hardworking ppl in alaba.
N y are u think dat nobel prize is anything? So, if philip emegwali (u probably dont know his achieved feat) were yoruba and not igbo, wat will u say? Laughing at u wen u said igbos cant b given a pope. Y is Arinze the cardinal of naija and most influential black cardinal?
Infact, go and sleep. I just wanna tell u tribalism cant make u put less oil in ur beans or less dirty or less lazy or less dependent on fed xter/nepotism or beefy, u knw all dose una attributes

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
lakhadimar: Report just reaching us indicates that cardinal sheik abdul monsur al malik bin tawheed, might likely become the first arabian pope

there's never been an arab pope [ie openly arab], although there have been berber ones.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by COOLDUN: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:

You guys have time for that yoruba UME outcast, he just learnt the Osu word and since then IT has been using it at any Igbo fellow that comments on the yoruba bigot dominated nairaland forum. If IT used Osu for all the Igbo tribe then all the yorubas are the most isolated outcast known as UME in Igbo land. I have been reading ail the comments to see if any of ITS tribesmen will call IT to order but never saw any reasonable comments against IT as fool It is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Establishes 848 Rural Churches In One Day / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.