Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,275 members, 7,887,798 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:01 PM

Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? (22470 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 13, 2013
tpia@:

bible says "seed of the woman".

the tribe is from the father.

(your name shall be called abraham and you shall be the father of many nations).

there's also

but it doesnt sound like the same context you're implying.
NUMBERS 1 VS 18 And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 13, 2013
tpia@:

i didnt see anything in the link suggesting maurice was a pope.

It says he was a roman soldier.

and yes, romans had black african soldiers in their ranks.
I JUST SUPPLIED THAT LINK TO SUBSTANTIATE BLACK RULE IN ROME FOR 1000 YEARS. THE REST OF THE HISTORY YOU HAVE TO DIG UP YOURSELF IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. IF BLACK MEN RULED ROME FOR 1000 YEARS THEN IT IS ONLY COMMON SENSE TO KNOW THAT THERE WERE SEVERAL BLACK POPES. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. YOU WILL GET THEIR NAMES ON GOOGLE. AND DONT BE CONFUSED WHEN THEY TELL YOU THEY ARE FROM NORTH AFRICA BECAUSE NORTH AFRICA WAS PART OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. ARAB TYPES ONLY STARTED LIVING IN NORTH AFRICA AROUND 800 AD. PRIOR TO THAT IT WAS ALL BLACK PEOPLE. I MEAN PITCH BLACK LIKE WESLEY SNIPES.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Gudiza(m): 2:17am On Feb 13, 2013
Entrusting all of those dirty secrets spanning millenia of the traditionally white/european cult into the hands of a black man?
I guess not.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 2:28am On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: I JUST SUPPLIED THAT LINK TO SUBSTANTIATE BLACK RULE IN ROME FOR 1000 YEARS. THE REST OF THE HISTORY YOU HAVE TO DIG UP YOURSELF IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. IF BLACK MEN RULED ROME FOR 1000 YEARS THEN IT IS ONLY COMMON SENSE TO KNOW THAT THERE WERE SEVERAL BLACK POPES. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. YOU WILL GET THEIR NAMES ON GOOGLE. AND DONT BE CONFUSED WHEN THEY TELL YOU THEY ARE FROM NORTH AFRICA BECAUSE NORTH AFRICA WAS PART OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. ARAB TYPES ONLY STARTED LIVING IN NORTH AFRICA AROUND 800 AD. PRIOR TO THAT IT WAS ALL BLACK PEOPLE. I MEAN PITCH BLACK LIKE WESLEY SNIPES.

phoenicians werent black though, to the best of my knowledge.

carthage, etc werent recorded as black, were they?

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 2:50am On Feb 13, 2013
tpia@:

phoenicians werent black though, to the best of my knowledge.

carthage, etc werent recorded as black, were they?

WHAT HAS PHOENICIANS GOT TO DO WITH THIS ? STAY FOCUSED. WE ARE DISCUSSING NORTH AFRICA AND ROME. grin grin AND CARTHAGE WAS BLACK. HANNIBAL WAS A BLACK MAN http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hannibal
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 2:54am On Feb 13, 2013
uncyclopedia ko, recyclopedia ni. undecided

WHAT HAS PHOENICIANS GOT TO DO WITH THIS ? STAY FOCUSED. WE ARE DISCUSSING NORTH AFRICA AND ROME.

lets not veer offtopic, seems you're not quite yourself today, or maybe you're being your usual self.

what has phoenicians got to do with north africa you ask?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 3:06am On Feb 13, 2013
tpia@:
uncyclopedia ko, recyclopedia ni. undecided

lets not veer offtopic, seems you're not quite yourself today, or maybe you're being your usual self.

what has phoenicians got to do with north africa you ask?
PHOENICIANS LIVED IN LEBANON OR THE MIDDLE EAST. THIS TOPIC IS RELATED TO ROME. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. THE PREMISE IS THAT THERE WERE BLACK POPES IN ROMAN HISTORY. DUNNO WHAT THIS GOTTA DO WITH PHOENICIA sad undecided
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by seunajia: 7:06am On Feb 13, 2013

Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes Known to Catholics as St. Malachy (1094-1148)

10. PETER THE ROMAN - The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End." The last pope may just cut
Catholics loose from unity and the papacy, causing total disruption and confusion. See Saint Francis of Assissi's 13th century prophecy below.
It is believed the next pope will
Will "The Glory of the Olive" be the last Pope?

The problem with the prophecies as listed in The Prophecies of St. Malachy, published by the Thomas A. Nelson, a Catholic Publishing House, is
that Malachy's original works listed only 111 Popes, not 112, as given in the TAN version of the prophecies. Sometime between the first and subsequent printings the 112th, Petrus
Romanus, was added to Malachy's prophecy. It was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies.
On April 19th, 2005 Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was elected Pope Benedict XVI, the 265th Pope. The name Benedict means "blessing". Does this name automatically fulfill this prophecy?
April 21, 2005 - Mary Jo Anderson, a
Catholic scholar and writer, says the
Pope's choice of his name is not related to the prophecy of St. Malachy. Instead, she thinks the new pope chose his moniker as a reference to sixth-century St. Benedict and his quest to protect Rome from invading German pagans...claiming the pontiff hopes to protect the modern-day Church from destructive philosophies that originated in Germany.
Source:WorldNetDaily

Of note: Benedict XV — who reigned from
1914 to 1922 — was a moderate following
Pius X, who had implemented a sharp crackdown against doctrinal "modernism."

Of interest, there is one leading candidate to replace the frail Pope Benedict. That is Italy's Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, who is
the Cardinal Secretary of State. Cardinal Bertone was born in Romano, Italy. With the name Pietro (Peter), and being from Romano - could this be
'Peter the Roman'? Of interest is the fact that in the interim (known as 'sede vacante') between the resignation/abdication of Benedict and the appointment of the next pope (by Easter?), it will be Cardinal Bertone who will be called upon as 'Camerlengo' to serve as the head of the Roman
Catholic Church. Some say Benedict favored Bertone as his successor...

www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm

By Alive4eva page 2. If a younger pope is called for there is another African option in the form of the young (by papal standards) Peter Turkson, a Ghanian. There are hints that he is Benedict’s favourite candidate: not so long ago the pope said that having a African pontiff (for the first time in 1500 years) would “send a splendid signal to the world” about the universality of the church.

Funny things happening all around us. Time will tell if any of the above becomes true.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by goldolu: 11:02am On Feb 13, 2013
If e become Pope, Ndigbo go say make I'm contest Presidential election for 2015, but dem go beg Boko Haram first
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by davesd: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2013
make i hear say black man don turn pope. I no wan hear say cardinals don de hold gun oo.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Smooyis(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Kx: If a Nigerian would be a Pope, it would naturally be an Igbo man.
Tribal instinct. Weda na igbo or yoruba or hausa, whicheva naija na naija.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Akanbiedu(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
Most likely going to an African, to aid the ongoing recolonization.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by modestdude(m): 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennifer74: Cardinal Arinze is eighty years old, and just like other cardinals age eighty and above, is ineligible to vote in the conclave or be voted for. Only cardinals who are under eighty on the day the Holy See becomes vacant would be entitled to vote even if they turned eighty by the time the conclave start.
my friend He is 79 and will be 80 in November and by this, he is still eligible. Confirm what i just said
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
If a Nigerian would be a Pope, it would naturally be an Igbo man.

Smooyis: Tribal instinct. Weda na igbo or yoruba or hausa, whicheva naija na naija.

igbo = catholic and catholic = igbo.

everyone knows that, and neither would anyone be expecting any other tribe to run for the office.

its not by force and nobody is dragging anything with anybody in this matter.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Hoodrat(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
An election of an African Pope would be a disaster and possible death sentence for the Catholic Church. The election of President Obama as President of the US proved than many people remain racist, toxic, and evil in the 21st century. A black pope will attract the unconscious shadow projections of white people, most of whom deep down are slaves to their own superiority complexes and their own unconscious rejection of and fear of their own shadow. C. G. Jung stated that “the shadow (the dark, rejected underside of the psyche) of a white man always appears in dreams as a black man. Simply put, a black pope would attract the racism and hatred that is characteristic of the true soul condition of most white people.

Their egos might deny their racism and be oblivious to it….however…the racism is alive and still extremely potent in their unconscious. Only the most courageous souls who have faced their own shadow and darkness and who have integrated it are truly non-racist…and the number of people in human history who have accomplished that is fewer than 1% of the population. Most popes die unenlightened and un-integrated…so beholden are they to false dogma and mythic-literal beliefs…they never achieve true spirituality and soul growth.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hoodrat: An election of an African Pope would be a disaster and possible death sentence for the Catholic Church. The election of President Obama as President of the US proved than many people remain racist, toxic, and evil in the 21st century. A black pope will attract the unconscious shadow projections of white people, most of whom deep down are slaves to their own superiority complexes and their own unconscious rejection of and fear of their own shadow. C. G. Jung stated that “the shadow (the dark, rejected underside of the psyche) of a white man always appears in dreams as a black man. Simply put, a black pope would attract the racism and hatred that is characteristic of the true soul condition of most white people.

Their egos might deny their racism and be oblivious to it….however…the racism is alive and still extremely potent in their unconscious. Only the most courageous souls who have faced their own shadow and darkness and who have integrated it are truly non-racist…and the number of people in human history who have accomplished that is fewer than 1% of the population. Most popes die unenlightened and un-integrated…so beholden are they to false dogma and mythic-literal beliefs…they never achieve true spirituality and soul growth.
VERY FINE PIECE OF WRITING. HOWEVER WHITE PEOPLE BEING RACIST IS A GODLY THING. WHITE RACISM IS BIBLICAL. BY CHOOSING A BLACK POPE OR A BLACK PRESIDENT WHAT THE WHITE LIBERALS ARE DOING ( WHICH IS WHY WHITE LIBERALS ARE HATED BY WHITE RACISTS ), SO WHAT THE WHITE LIBERALS ARE DOING IS EATING INTO THE ALLOCATED TIME SLOT FOR WHITE RULE ON EARTH. EVERY KINGDOM HAS AN ALLOCATED TIME SLOT THAT THEY CANNOT PASS ( JOB 14 VS 5 ). THIS IS THE TIME OF THE FOURTH BEAST. THE ROMAN EMPIRE OUT OF WHICH THE EURO ZONE AND AMERICA EMERGED. THEY ARE DOING THEMSELVES A DISSERVICE BY ELECTING A BLACK PRESIDENT AND A BLACK POPE BECAUSE WHEN THEY GO DOWN, NO ONE WILL BE ELECTING THEM INTO HIGH POSITIONS. AFTER THIS THEIR EMPIRE CRUMBLES, THEY ARE GOING INTO SLAVERY A A WORLD OF SECOND CLASS CITIZENRY AND BEING THE NEW NI--ERS AND THE MOST HATED. THIS WILL HAPPEN AFTER THEIR EMPIRE IS DESTROYED IN WW3. ITS LIKE THE STORY OF LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN. THAT STORY IS DEPICTING THE WORLD WE LIVE IN. THE RICH MAN IS THE FOURTH EMPIRE ON EARTH WHILE THE POOR MAN IS JACOB ( THE NEGROS AND THEIR DERIVATIVES SUCH AS LATIN AMERICA ). NOW THERE WILL BE A REVERSE AND WHEN THE REVERSE HAPPENS WE WOULD NOT BE OFFERING THEM A GLASS OF COLD WATER IN THE FIRE THEY ARE IN. SO I THINK IT IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO KEEP US OUT OF ALL THEIR INSTITUTIONS TOO. THE WHITE MANS HEAVEN IS THE BLACK MANS HELL AND VICE VERSA. ESAU VS JACOB. I WILL PUT ENMITY BETWEEN HER SEED AND YOUR SEED. THE LORD MADE IT THAT WAY. HE PUT ENMITY BETWEEN THEIR SEED AND OUR SEED. ITS BIBLICAL.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: VERY FINE PIECE OF WRITING. HOWEVER WHITE PEOPLE BEING RACIST IS A GODLY THING. WHITE RACISM IS BIBLICAL. BY CHOOSING A BLACK POPE OR A BLACK PRESIDENT WHAT THE WHITE LIBERALS ARE DOING ( WHICH IS WHY WHITE LIBERALS ARE HATED BY WHITE RACISTS ), SO WHAT THE WHITE LIBERALS ARE DOING IS EATING INTO THE ALLOCATED TIME SLOT FOR WHITE RULE ON EARTH. EVERY KINGDOM HAS AN ALLOCATED TIME SLOT THAT THEY CANNOT PASS ( JOB 14 VS 5 ). THIS IS THE TIME OF THE FOURTH BEAST. THE ROMAN EMPIRE OUT OF WHICH THE EURO ZONE AND AMERICA EMERGED. THEY ARE DOING THEMSELVES A DISSERVICE BY ELECTING A BLACK PRESIDENT AND A BLACK POPE BECAUSE WHEN THEY GO DOWN, NO ONE WILL BE ELECTING THEM INTO HIGH POSITIONS. AFTER THIS THEIR EMPIRE CRUMBLES, THEY ARE GOING INTO SLAVERY A A WORLD OF SECOND CLASS CITIZENRY AND BEING THE NEW NI--ERS AND THE MOST HATED. THIS WILL HAPPEN AFTER THEIR EMPIRE IS DESTROYED IN WW3. ITS LIKE THE STORY OF LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN. THAT STORY IS DEPICTING THE WORLD WE LIVE IN. THE RICH MAN IS THE FOURTH EMPIRE ON EARTH WHILE THE POOR MAN IS JACOB ( THE NEGROS AND THEIR DERIVATIVES SUCH AS LATIN AMERICA ). NOW THERE WILL BE A REVERSE AND WHEN THE REVERSE HAPPENS WE WOULD NOT BE OFFERING THEM A GLASS OF COLD WATER IN THE FIRE THEY ARE IN. SO I THINK IT IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST TO KEEP US OUT OF ALL THEIR INSTITUTIONS TOO. THE WHITE MANS HEAVEN IS THE BLACK MANS HELL AND VICE VERSA. ESAU VS JACOB. I WILL PUT ENMITY BETWEEN HER SEED AND YOUR SEED. THE LORD MADE IT THAT WAY. HE PUT ENMITY BETWEEN THEIR SEED AND OUR SEED. ITS BIBLICAL.

hmmm kingdom of the fourth beast. though i dont believe you but i see the blacks taking over every area
if the next pope becomes black, i'll just be on the sidelines and see how
the world will turn
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
diluminati:

hmmm kingdom of the fourth beast. though i dont believe you but i see the blacks taking over every area
if the next pope becomes black, i'll just be on the sidelines and see how
the world will turn
YOU NOT GOING TO BE ON THE SIDELINES. IF YOU AINT DOWN, YOU ARE GETTING DESTROYED IN THE THERMONUCLEAR ORG-Y
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: YOU NOT GOING TO BE ON THE SIDELINES. IF YOU AINT DOWN, YOU ARE GETTING DESTROYED IN THE THERMONUCLEAR ORG-Y

there is only one prediction, that if i see true then i'll know things are going to get awry
that the next pope will leave rome due to troubles maybe terrorist attacks. and if he will be black there may be a problem
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
diluminati:

there is only one prediction, that if i see true then i'll know things are going to get awry
that the next pope will leave rome due to troubles maybe terrorist attacks. and if he will be black there may be a problem
THINGS ARE ALREADY AWRY LOL. WE ARE JUST WAITING FOR IT TO BE OFFICIAL AND TO EXPAND TO THE WHOLE WORLD. ALL THAT SYRIA AND IRAN AND ISRAEL FRACAS GOING ON ? YEAH ITS ABOUT TO OVERTAKE THE WORLD
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Yes but he is just 64 and that will disqualify him. Nobody would want a lifetime Pope especially when you are black. So Cardinal Arinze is ahead if a black Pope will happen.
actually if logic is followed, since pope ben retire due to advanced age, a younger person shuld b elected and d ghanian fits d profile. Nothing disqualifies him.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 03, 2013
There is actually a BLACK POPE not because he is black but he wear black cassock and he is in reality the supreme head of the Vatican but hidden from the public view. He is like an executive president with full executive powers while the WHITE POPE who wears white cassock is like a prime minister but fully subjective to the black pope.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:32am On Mar 03, 2013
nugeseda: There is actually a BLACK POPE not because he is black but he wear black cassock and he is in reality the supreme head of the Vatican but hidden from the public view. He is like an executive president with full executive powers while the WHITE POPE who wears white cassock is like a prime minister but fully subjective to the black pope.
go and offload ur myth somewhere else
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Hoodrat(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Didn't i said it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? / Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.