Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? (22452 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2013
obadiah777: ITS NOT A QUESTION OF IF THE POPE WILL BE A BLACK MAN. THE POPE WILL DEFINITELY BE A BLACK MAN.

maybe you mean a biracial black man.

@ topic

are there or have there ever been any biracial cardinals btw.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by bleeztouch(m): 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2013
Interesting but cardinal Arinze done old too.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
ogarcletus: because de world is geting 2an end de black man wants 2b der. tnkGod.

how will it benefit the black man to be the one presiding over the world's end?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by ganye1: 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné: He's already crossed 80, and by Vatican customs, that makes him ineligible.
being black disqualifies him more than anything.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
black is an american thing mostly.

the papacy isnt american, so i doubt they'd put someone there just because he's "black".

they could do so because he's "nigerian", "ghanaian", "angolan" or wherever, but all this "black" talk doesnt always ring a bell with everybody.

it depends on location, you have to identify where you're from.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tutee1000: 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
The choice of Cardinal Arinze is deceptive as he ll be considered to be too old for the tasky position..why not Cardinal Onaiyekan?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
It makes no difference if the new pope is black or white, wat matters is the 900 yr old prophecy of malachy.
which predicted the emergence of petrus romanus[peter the roman]who is going to succeed pope benedict and is
going to be the last pope, leading the world into the tribulation and judgement.A book by the title petrus romanus
actually accurately predicted the resignation of pope benedict.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
obadiah777: THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL BLACK POPES IN THE DARK AGES
Do you have proof?

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by geozaneus: 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
How possible could that be
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
i'll be surprised if a french [ie of french descent] candidate isnt among the top contenders.

franco-italian of course.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by jmoore(m): 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
Why should a post that is filled with ignorance make it on the frontpage? Arinze is "Cardinal emeritus", meaning he has retired from assigned duties of a cardinal. He is not eligible to be among the candidates.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by drnoel: 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
chino24: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Emerge The First Black Pope

This is the news now in the Vatican City
And so what??
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
jmoore: Why should a post that is filled with ignorance make it on the frontpage? Arinze is "Cardinal emeritus", meaning he has retired from assigned duties of a cardinal. He is not eligible to be among the candidates.
I wonder why they keep showing his picture on CNN and Aljazeera as a possible pope. These people should no better. Don't you think?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by ray502(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
Who is petrus the roman?
Do you think Peter Turkson could be Petrus Romanus as described in the Prophecy of the Popes?

I'm an atheist, but St Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes intrigues me, especially with the announcement of Pope Benedict XVI's resignation. If you've heard of this prophecy, do you think Ghana's Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson could become the next Pope and succeed Benedict XVI ( the 111th Pope after Celestine II when the prophecy was supposed to have been written, implying it is not a forgery written in the 1590s), fulfilling the prophecy of "Petrus Romanus" as the last Pope? It's interesting to note one of his middle names is Appiah, after the Via Appia, one of the most important Roman roads. He is one of the favourites to become the next pope. Now, "Petrus Romanus", or "Peter the Roman" is prophesied to be the last pope;
"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [Rome] might be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people at the end.
The End."

Here's another interesting quote, per the "Henoch Prophecies":

“The point in time at which these prophecies will begin to be fulfilled will be when a Pope will no longer reside in Rome. All of Europe will then fall victim to a terrible punishment by evil powers. The Christian religion will collapse and the churches and monasteries will end up in ruins and ashes.”

… further on …

“After the turn of the millennium, the papacy will exist only a short period. Pope John Paul II is the third from last in this position. After him, only one additional pontificate will follow. Then a Pontifex Maximus follows who will be known as Petrus Romanus. Under his religious rule, the end of the Catholic Church will come, a total collapse becoming inevitable. That will be the beginning of the worst catastrophe that will ever have befallen the human beings and the Earth. Many Catholic clerics, priests, bishops, cardinals and many others will be killed and their blood will flow in streams. But also the reformed version of Christianity will become just as infinitely small, as does Catholicism.”

I am a skeptic, but I still find it interesting and I suppose it could be possible. I think since Peter Turkson is one of the Cardinals most likely to become Pope, this is something to watch. What do you think?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
I wonder why they keep showing his picture on CNN and Aljazeera as a possible pope. These people should no better. Don't you think?

maybe there are nigerians at cnn and aljazeera.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by chino24: 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
jmoore: Why should a post that is filled with ignorance make it on the frontpage? Arinze is "Cardinal emeritus", meaning he has retired from assigned duties of a cardinal. He is not eligible to be among the candidates.

Says who? You? Your words does not matter. Cardinal Arinze is already on the top list of would be pope. So eat your utterance because it does not hold water in an issue such as this. Vatican is not Nigeria where you foolish guys manourver things to favour the unqualified
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by kcjazz(m): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
livethinme:

[img]http://cdn.download.repubblica.it/images/2013/02/11/165620428-622d3111-56b0-4ddc-9e49-e20df27b8ef0.jpg[/img]

Like this guy

Yeah, if this is the Philipine cardinal, I really think he is a good guy the church needs. Humble, eats with the poor and has social media presence.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
edreesabiodun: Do you have proof?
ITS ALL WHITEWASHED HISTORY NOW. HOWEVER HERE WAS ONE OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH EMPERORS IN ROME AROUND 200 AD

ST MAURICE THE ONLY REASON THIS BUST REMAINS IS BECAUSE THEY TRIED TO DESTROY IT BUT THE MATERIAL IT WAS MADE WITH WAS TOO SOLID.

HERE IS THE GUYS HISTORY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Maurice
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
tpia@:

maybe you mean a biracial black man.

@ topic

are there or have there ever been any biracial cardinals btw.
NO SUCH THING AS BIRACIAL. THIS IS MAN MADE CONCEPT. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR FATHER IS. THE SEED IS FROM THE FATHER.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by HezronLorraine(m): 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
In ds present century.d Holy See won't have a Black leader.D Catholic Church who upholds a lot of strong doctrines which have formed controversial topics around the globe and most of ds views are d obsessions of african catholic churches and dr principal messages.many doctrines were reviewed and repealed in d past.electing an african pope of strong traditions won't go a long way cause d Roman catholic church needs a leader of who can gather and command respect 4rm those it leads.the catholic church still has some racial lines and an african pope's ordination would be strongly opposed by the western catholic churches,other parts of europe cause lets face d tune,an african man leading the vatican would include a great voice of africa in world discussions and that,powers in ds world are not ready to face or respect.on a second note,d Pope Benedict xvi may be resigning on a scandal that is being covered cause no Pope has ever resigned since 1418,even John Paul who had health issues was hospitalized b4 death.Also note that a Pope wouldn't be elected from any of the Superpower nations.whatever the outcome the college of cardinals has till march to elect a new Pope 4 d Holy See of Apostolic Nonenclaiture(vatican city).
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Rossikk(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
obadiah777: THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL BLACK POPES IN THE DARK AGES

There were African popes long before the European Dark Ages (middle ages) (5th to 15th centuries AD).

Saint Victor was born in Africa and bore a Latin name. Saint Victor was the fifteenth pope and a native of black Africa.

Saint Gelasius was born in Rome of African parents and was a member of the Roman clergy from youth. Of the three African popes, Gelasius seems to have been the busiest.

Saint Miltiades was one of the Church’s Black Popes. Militades occupied the papacy from 311 to 314 A.D. serving four years, seven months and eight days.

http://www.africanindependent.com/vatican_pope_black_candidates040105.html
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Rossikk(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
femmyb: It makes no difference if the new pope is black or white, wat matters is the 900 yr old prophecy of malachy.
which predicted the emergence of petrus romanus[peter the roman]who is going to succeed pope benedict and is
going to be the last pope, leading the world into the tribulation and judgement.A book by the title petrus romanus
actually accurately predicted the resignation of pope benedict.

Leading one to think it may be Peter Turkson of Ghana that will be the next pope.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
Rossikk:

You mean the middle ages?
STARTING FROM THE DARK AGES. BLACK MEN ( MOORS ) TOOK OVER ROME FROM 185 AD AND RULED IT FOR AROUND 1000 YEARS. THIS STARTED UNDER THE BLACK GENERAL SEPTEMIUS SEVERUS. AND IT WAS DURING THIS ERA THAT WE HAD SEVERAL BLACK POPES. HOWEVER IT IS ALL WHITEWASHED HISTORY NOW. YOU GOTTA DIG DEEP TO UNCOVER THIS HISTORY
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Rossikk(m): 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
ray502: Who is petrus the roman?
Do you think Peter Turkson could be Petrus Romanus as described in the Prophecy of the Popes?

I'm an atheist, but St Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes intrigues me, especially with the announcement of Pope Benedict XVI's resignation. If you've heard of this prophecy, do you think Ghana's Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson could become the next Pope and succeed Benedict XVI ( the 111th Pope after Celestine II when the prophecy was supposed to have been written, implying it is not a forgery written in the 1590s), fulfilling the prophecy of "Petrus Romanus" as the last Pope? It's interesting to note one of his middle names is Appiah, after the Via Appia, one of the most important Roman roads. He is one of the favourites to become the next pope. Now, "Petrus Romanus", or "Peter the Roman" is prophesied to be the last pope;
"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [Rome] might be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people at the end.
The End."

Here's another interesting quote, per the "Henoch Prophecies":

“The point in time at which these prophecies will begin to be fulfilled will be when a Pope will no longer reside in Rome. All of Europe will then fall victim to a terrible punishment by evil powers. The Christian religion will collapse and the churches and monasteries will end up in ruins and ashes.”

… further on …

“After the turn of the millennium, the papacy will exist only a short period. Pope John Paul II is the third from last in this position. After him, only one additional pontificate will follow. Then a Pontifex Maximus follows who will be known as Petrus Romanus. Under his religious rule, the end of the Catholic Church will come, a total collapse becoming inevitable. That will be the beginning of the worst catastrophe that will ever have befallen the human beings and the Earth. Many Catholic clerics, priests, bishops, cardinals and many others will be killed and their blood will flow in streams. But also the reformed version of Christianity will become just as infinitely small, as does Catholicism.”

I am a skeptic, but I still find it interesting and I suppose it could be possible. I think since Peter Turkson is one of the Cardinals most likely to become Pope, this is something to watch. What do you think?

It definitely is something to watch because if Petrus Romanus manifests in the form of Pope Peter Turkson, it is at least an indicator of where the global elite wish to take us in the coming years in terms of global stability. Since Petrus Romanus' ascension to the papal throne is predicted to herald all sorts of fracas and commotion on earth, then we should probably be viewing the possible appointment of Peter Turkson with some trepidation if not outright alarm.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
that blog spectator article is about eating your money with bets on the next pope.the easy relationship between religion and capitalism.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
pokur:
Ineligibility to vote doesn't stop one from being voted for.Gees,get ur facts right.
Theoretically,all baptised male Catholics are eligible to be Pope.The Cardinals,however go for such a person whose views or philosophies is known,mostly one of their own.
Bro you got your facts wrong. Yes every unmarried baptised catholic with a good knowledge of the canon can be elected the pope but that was then. However any cardinal above 80years can no longer be elected pope. He is ineligible.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by Nnamdini(m): 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
seanet01: Pipe Dream!
Person wey never see M.M.A dey talk about wetin dey happen for Vatican.
Na there you go dey.
Better go and do more marketing of spare parts at Alaba marketing
sorry to dissapoint you bt spare parts are not sold at alaba market but electronics.if you want spare parts.please try the international trade fair complex
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by otumfour(m): 11:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by paroh137(m): 12:09am On Feb 13, 2013
Kslib:
Mad man alert!!!!! I repeat mad man alert!!!!! Omega,do you copy?? I repeat there is a mad man on the loose approaching your 2'0clock... Shoot on sight,i repeat shoot on sight...
Lmao. This guy dey crase
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by paroh137(m): 12:12am On Feb 13, 2013
Lawd. Nairalanders are everyly crazy. I get teat tomorrow I dey here dey laugh my ass off on Nairaland. You guys shud stop speculating tho. Y'all have no idea how the pope is chosen.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 1:42am On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: NO SUCH THING AS BIRACIAL. THIS IS MAN MADE CONCEPT. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR FATHER IS. THE SEED IS FROM THE FATHER.

bible says "seed of the woman".

the tribe is from the father.

(your name shall be called abraham and you shall be the father of many nations).

there's also

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ." Galatians 3:16

"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3:27-29

but it doesnt sound like the same context you're implying.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? by tpia5: 1:50am On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: ITS ALL WHITEWASHED HISTORY NOW. HOWEVER HERE WAS ONE OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH EMPERORS IN ROME AROUND 200 AD

ST MAURICE THE ONLY REASON THIS BUST REMAINS IS BECAUSE THEY TRIED TO DESTROY IT BUT THE MATERIAL IT WAS MADE WITH WAS TOO SOLID.

HERE IS THE GUYS HISTORY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Maurice

i didnt see anything in the link suggesting maurice was a pope.

It says he was a roman soldier.

and yes, romans had black african soldiers in their ranks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Gives Followers Indian Hemp For 'Sober Reflection' / Prophet Wale Olagunju: 'Atiku Will Defeat Buhari 2019, Osinbajo Has Failed God' / Joshua Iginla Gives His Personal Assistant A Four Bedroom Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.