Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,926 members, 7,931,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:00 PM

A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora (17625 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

Yea definitely. A lot of people study in Nigeria and work in Nigeria. My point was just the exposure and experience you get in some schools abroad. You can't compare NYU to Unilag, same way an NYU graduate is believed to possess a better understanding of a particular case than a Unilag graduate. ( nevertheless, this may not be the case in all situations)

Jenny, you clearly have nothing else to do...

So in other words your father knew you stood a better chance studying overseas than NIGERIA?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 14, 2013
Arrant Nonsense,

your write up is one sided, there are foreigners living in Nigeria as well, are they running from their fatherland?

and why would you just conclude on your own that NID are migrating and never going to come back?

And since its our choice, why are you ranting over it and frustrated?

Probably you have been denied visa many time, and this is your time to pretend like Naija is the best, so as to justify your choiceless reasons to stay back and feel better about yourself?

Once again, Arrant Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by azzima(m): 10:49am On Feb 14, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
What utter rubbish. We should ban illiterate Nigerians from living the country. They cause us a lot of harm. This are people that would quickly become criminals or spy agents for foreign, hostile countries.
We should ban ILLITERATE Nigerians from LIVING the country. They cause us a lot of harm. THIS are people that quickly become criminals or spy agents for foreign,hostile countries. Now they will tell us that they have a PHD, so much for the educational system.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Skywalker5(m): 10:55am On Feb 14, 2013
dahonestboss: Arrant Nonsense,

your write up is one sided, there are foreigners living in Nigeria as well, are they running from their fatherland?

and why would you just conclude on your own that NID are migrating and never going to come back?

And since its our choice, why are you ranting over it and frustrated?

Probably you have been denied visa many time, and this is your time to pretend like Naija is the best, so as to justify your choiceless reasons to stay back and feel better about yourself?

Once again, Arrant Nonsense.

My point exactly

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 11:16am On Feb 14, 2013
jennykadry:

So in other words your father knew you stood a better chance studying overseas than NIGERIA?

I dunno, I'm not my father....
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 14, 2013
roymary: @OP

Those American wannabes will do anything to criticize your post. Some of us that plies Lagos-America back and forth knows better than to sit back in foreign land hoping that really solves a thing. Tell them to enumerate their current jobs out there.

If the vagabondss in Aso rock will simply do us the favor; fix the damnn roads, improve our power supply, create more jobs, especially in Agriculture and Textile, improve National security and empower the youth as much as possible, implement the damnn laws and stop giving shameless privileges to those politicians!!!...There will be lesser reasons to leave this country for Chicago where cold weather will jeopardize your health big time.

See, 80% of Nigerians in Diaspora are still trying to get rich. When they do, the next thing they wanna do is come back home. Forget the hype and "gonna' wanna" They live in shoe boxes, menial jobs and shiit. They are extremely stingy( they call it being meticulous but i don't see it that way)
Thank you sir, very correct post, giving the chance most Nigerians in the diaspora will relocate back home in a heartbeat.

Nigeria will survive- We won't give up Cos America sef get her own problems to solve.

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 14, 2013
roymary: @OP

Those American wannabes will do anything to criticize your post. Some of us that plies Lagos-America back and forth knows better than to sit back in foreign land hoping that really solves a thing. Tell them to enumerate their current jobs out there.

If the vagabondss in Aso rock will simply do us the favor; fix the damnn roads, improve our power supply, create more jobs, especially in Agriculture and Textile, improve National security and empower the youth as much as possible, implement the damnn laws and stop giving shameless privileges to those politicians!!!...There will be lesser reasons to leave this country for Chicago where cold weather will jeopardize your health big time.

See, 80% of Nigerians in Diaspora are still trying to get rich. When they do, the next thing they wanna do is come back home. Forget the hype and "gonna' wanna" They live in shoe boxes, menial jobs and shiit. They are extremely stingy( they call it being meticulous but i don't see it that way)

Nigeria will survive- We won't give up Cos America sef get her own problems to solve.

Thank you sir, very correct giving the chance most Nigerians in the diaspora will relocate back home in a heartbeat
no more riches in abroad even the oyinbos themselves are suffering.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
femmyb: Thank you sir, very correct giving the chance most Nigerians in the diaspora will relocate back home in a heartbeat

"Suffering" as in the roads are bad? No electricity and all you hear blaring are generators? No hospitals? The cops could slap you into next century, rob you in broad daylight, shoot you if they feel like it and nothing will happen? Muslims are bombing each other in one part of the country while the Christian leaders are fleecing their congregation of their hard earned money in the other part? The Judges are corrupt and theres no justice for a poor man? The President leading the nation is a certified dunce, a disgrace and a joke to the world? The Senators earn millions of dollars a month while the average citizen makes do with $2/day?

Tell me again, how are "Oyinbos suffering"?

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

Because my my dad wanted i and my brother to study abroad but hey, I'll be right back after i graduate smiley

You do know that out here most kids your age dont depend on daddy or mommy to do anything for them, right? Take a wild guess why people become financially independent starting from ages 16-18yrs old out here.....

Now, get a pen and paper and jot down what you think are the pros and cons of being responsible for self at such a young age and how it translates to a better future.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
kingoflag:

You do know that out here most kids your age dont depend on daddy or mommy to do anything for them, right? Take a wild guess why people become financially independent start from ages 16-18yrs old out here.....

Now, get a pen and paper and jot down what you think are the pros and cons of being responsible for self at such a young age and how it translates to a better future.

Damnnn. I have become your fan
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
femmyb: Thank you sir, very correct giving the chance most Nigerians in the diaspora will relocate back home in a heartbeat

Those Aluu 4 boys that were killed, wouldn't be 6 feet under if they lived abroad. What a failure that country is, even the so called police in the community encouraged the villagers to burn them.

How many people have lost their lives in Nigeria for stealing Knorr and instead of the government and we the people to sit down and figure out why people have had to stoop so low to do what they did, we are busy walking the girls around town nAked whilst some perverts insert rods and fingers into the women's private areas and if it is a man they strip him unclad, put a tyre round his neck and burn him to death.

God forbid
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
jennykadry:

Lol. Its sad to see how "The African" thinks. You would think the "enlightened" ones like the spoilt kid (Godogwu) youve been debating all night would be even more critical thinkers than a i.e Goodluck Jonathan who grew up in the creeks and probably never even got on a plane until he was an adult so hes only acting out the system he knows. But, no, these kids are even worse! You know why? Because they believe in the caste system where one group is "supposed" to be rich, while the other-- no matter the effort put in--- is supposed to be poor forever. They dont say this out loud, of course, but you can hear it in every post they put up.

Do me a favor, go through that Godogwu's posts and see how he reasons. In particular, pay attention to a post where he was trying to convince someone that theres no way anyone lives on a pittance in Nigeria.... focus on the people he used as examples: The woman that sells roasted plantain on his block, and his Hausa guard that protects his home.

Very fo.olish individuals most of these so-called educated Nigerians are, if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by defbond1: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Just to mention, education in nigeria is a sorry case!!! And this is not an attack on anyone. I'm just pointing it out in case an educational instructor or minister (whatever you call them) is reading.

Your average secondary schools are still being taught science of yesteryears.
University lecturers using notes of 20 years ago.

How many computer scientist in nigeria did fortran 77? It's called 77 because it was used in 1977. It's dead and buried in the world but not in Nigeria universities where you have to cram it and pass it.... What for? I can mention a thousand cases more.

To be honest... Everything yu have learnt in science in nigeria how has it benefited your life, talk less of the nation. Why? Your syllabuses / national curriculum are very old and most cases not adapted to nigeria. You learn about 4 seasons winters, spring, autumn and summer (not in Any particular order) and cram textbooks to pass them (when all you needed to learn was harmattan and cold seasons. Ever wondered why?

Science is mandatory for all kids abroad. The average child abroad that has no university education has more knowledge in science than phd holders in nigeria. Yes.. Quote me on that.
And please if you feel you are knowledgeable enough over there I will ask you basic secondary science questions ( and please don't tell me you did commercial class or art class-?)

Nigerian doctors are banned from practising abroad why? Just one out of 155 million cases.
My wife went to one of the best hospitals in abuja during our last visit in 2011 and the doctors and radiographers ( who had no clue about sound waves and how ultrasound works) went on about stuffs and were very quick to suggest surgery.
Thank goodness I didn't fall for that. We came back and told our Doctor showing their scan results and notes (luckily with my iphone i was able to scan all the doctors notes) consultants were called in and reviewed the notes and couldn't help bursting into laughter right in front of us. (5 of them). . And they asked, were they really going to do a surgery?( apparently whatever they said they found was meant to be there in the first place for all women). Oh the shame, and pain I felt about for my people over there.
They advised never to go to the hospital and quickly took down the name of the hospital. (Apparently to blacklist them) I immediately remembered my friends dad who died of diabetes but was being treated for something else.

My kids will not school in nigeria. God forbid!!! Only thing you will learn is resilience (read until you die there even though, you cram you must pass the exam but overall you have learnt nothing.) and what's the point of learning when you can't apply it?
( and this is driven by fear of knowing if you don't go school and pass you are toast) it's a positive though.
Trained doctor working in banks, phd holders driving dangote trucks, ha. Insult..... Only in nigeria.

I tried working with the national parastatals on education recently, proposing a complete change in the national curriculum... I was told my own is too much. Well I got paid for my work and left.

It's even more painful to know GEJ. And the late president were lecturers.

That's the country you live in. As much as I believe in hope, I can tell you the fundamentally wrong things in nigeria are still very wrong and will take years and years of correction. Not your generation my dear readers. Your generation can only lay a foundation which is clearly not your leaders priority for now.

4 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by PBundles(m): 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
The name of the writer is : Atilola MORONfolu ENUF SAID. DO I REALLY NEED TO COMMENT.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by shine12: 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
The writer of this article is soooo wrong.
As a diasporian myself, I look forward to the good of Nigeria and embrace it, and educate Europeans about Nigeria.
Have you not learnt that write-ups/articles cannot be written in a generalised/conclusive/judgemental manner.That's writing basic 101. YOU CANNOT GENERALISE!!!!!!!.How many Nigeria in diaspora do you know.Maybe a few do that, Oh well! Stop having a headache about it, there few people in Nigeria that probably hate/dislike the west as well and say unfriendly things about it.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by azzima(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
jennykadry:

me too. Thanks
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by henchamb(m): 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
lamentation of a frustrated dude. go get a life my friend,[color=#990000][/color] tongue
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by whitecat007: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
I love Nigeria more than anywhere in the world but to be honest , most Nigerians at home are complacent while we abroad are too judgemental.

Let's tolerate each other, not everyone abroad wants to be here, some of us are economic refugees who are looking into reverse immigration.

The poster could also have written this out jelousy , frustration and visa refusal.

Nigeria is growing at its own pace. Every evil in Nigeria is here in the US, if not worse, even corruption.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by azzima(m): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
prince_onx:
Business must be real bad then! I see the reason behind your frustration! Tell your mom I said hi and that my knots still itch but I'll be fine. Seriously though, she should've swallowed like she did her other clients instead of having you! But all the same, $hit happen.
ouchh, you just murdered this kid with a Bazooka here. Pls Oga, abeg shey jeje on this kid. You are are making him look bad o.plssssss be easy bro, before he double -kills himself...Wowwww.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by azzima(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
roymary:

Me no go abuse your mama...because even she sef no happy say u run comot for house. When be the last time you send dollars? Morafucker...You don even eat? You no get Social security...no food stamp for you until you wipe ass and cut grass. American wannabe...
you have lost the battle Bro. Oya, apologise to your egbon.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
whitecat007: I love Nigeria more than anywhere in the world but to be honest , most Nigerians at home are complacent while we abroad are too judgemental.

Let's tolerate each other, not everyone abroad wants to be here, some of us are economic refugees who are looking into reverse immigration.

The poster could also have written this out jelousy , frustration and visa refusal.

Nigeria is growing at its own pace. Every evil in Nigeria is here in the US, if not worse, even corruption.

You did real good until you made that statement. The point is not if theres evil in one place or another. Man, by nature is evil. What is being done BY THOSE IN CHARGE to ensure that evil and wickedness is deterred and committed at its barest minimum levels; thats what should be compared.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
The only thing that'd force me to migrate back to Nigeria must be very very (billionaire) rich with two legs and a pe nis.

Apart from that...........Nigeria has absolutely nothing to offer me. There's no real competition between Nigeria and my current location.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by merengue: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
Some of the comments on this issue are beyond daft and are very stupid attempts to tar a large and diverse group of people with the same brush. Not all NIN are poor or corrupt, not all NIDs are angry and frustrated and by the way, what nonsense is NIN and NID? A lot of people in Nigeria complain more the people in the diaspora about the state of the nation so why is the writer of this latrine epistle singling out the ones in the diaspora? This garbage sounds like the frustrated rants of a street urchin who has been denied a visa on numerous occasions. @OP: Channel all the monies you are spending to get a visa into doing business in Nigeria (like most of us NINs have done and are still doing), you just might succeed and stop taking out your frustrations on people who have the same right to complain as you do.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by merengue: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

I dunno, I'm not my father....

Why do you go on every thread telling people that you are an international student whose father owns this and that & on an anonymous internet forum? Are you really that young, shallow, insecure and daft? SMH for the poor sod who calls you his son.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by 2legit2qwt: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
The only thing that'd force me to migrate back to Nigeria must be very very (billionaire) rich with two legs and a pe nis.

Apart from that...........Nigeria has absolutely nothing to offer me. There's no real competition between Nigeria and my current location.

Same here except the pe nis part
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Demainman1: 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
To think that it is the like of the Godogwu that their father will pass the baton to. You can see why Nigeria will never get better. Not in this lifetime anyways angry
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by InvertedHammer: 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: grin grin grin ;DLmao...bros you seriously expect a truckpusher to go do oshobe?.....meanwhile i enjoyed arguing with you jare i need to go to bed...bye

LOL....LOL...LOL...you son a gun!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu, is a 19yo kid whose father and mother are rich not an average Nigerian who's struggling. He thinks Nigerians living in the U.S. are hungry, he thinks mortgaging (financing) is poverty. The few recent threads(about 6months old) tell of his type. Anyway, the dude needs reality check.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by InvertedHammer: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
prince_onx:
Suffering and smiling is what they call it!
It baffles me how in today's world with every improvement going on in similar third world countries like Ghana, SA, and adding China will be pushing it and someone will log on here from naija of all places to bash The US of A!

Na jealousy....even some of these NIN are just numbers.

Trust me on this, as NID you have access and privileges in Nigeria than the ones that live there.

That's why they are bitter...Heck, you can even have their fiancees and girlfriends for play-play
grin whenever you visit

if you want.

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Skywalker5(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
manny4life: Godogwu, is a 19yo kid whose father and mother are rich not an average Nigerian who's struggling. He thinks Nigerians living in the U.S. are hungry, he thinks mortgaging (financing) is poverty. The few recent threads(about 6months old) tell of his type. Anyway, the dude needs reality check.

Is that the only proof you have that he is from a wealthy family?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Philolos: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
apache77: Dear Nigerian in Diaspora,

Time and time again, you have justified your reason for leaving our fatherland. Or is it motherland? You said it is because you want to give your children a better life and opportunity than you had. We accepted your reason, as looking at the current state of our nation, we see every validity in your reason. And we did not trouble you or hassle you over that decision.

Just like we did not hassle you over this decision, we would like you to reciprocate this gesture by not hassling us over our decision to stay back.

Dear NID, I have noticed that the way you talk about issues pertaining to our country is far different from the way we here take it. Have you ever wondered why the tone of your comments about this country is far different from the tones of the Nigerians in Nigeria? Once there is a tragic event, you have a way of blowing it over the top, exaggerating, and wondering what our dear country is turning to. If only you reacted this way to every good thing that happened in our country, maybe the western world won’t always present a single story about us in their press.

Your comments of “I can never send my children to Nigeria on a holiday because they would either be robbed, kidnapped or used for rituals,” doesn’t really sound encouraging, especially as you have never suggested one solution to this problem we are facing. Please tell me, what percentage of the ones who came here during last holiday were subject to this cruel fate you imagine?

But Dear NID, I begin to wonder

Why are you always the ones to point out just how bad our country is to us, as if we are too blind to see it?

Why are you the ones that always hammer on the fact that we here are the stupidly religious ones? That we all follow our pastors like blind fools? Please, let the people that want to buy jets for their pastors do so. As you have tied your hope to the white man giving you a better life, they have also tied their hope to their pastors giving them miracles, since many of them would never have the opportunity to leave this side of the world. After all, they learnt it from the numerous pastors in America, who also bought private jets from money they got from televangelism and offerings too. Our pastors still have a long way to go when it comes to acquiring private jets.

Why are you always the first to mention how you don't see Nigeria ever getting better, how you lost hope in Nigeria a long time ago? We know about your lost hope, your exit already tells us that much.

Why are you the ones who dismiss songs of hope in Nigeria, such as Great Nation by Timi Dakolo, The Future is here by TY Bello, etc. as wishful thinking? Just because you have lost hope in our country doesn’t mean you should try to kill the hope of those left.

You have left, fine! Your children and grandchildren would probably never visit Nigeria in their life time, fine! We don’t have an issue with that, it’s your family, you can do whatever you like with them. You have said over and over again how you don’t care for Nigeria and her issues anymore. Yes, we get that. Since that is the case, we expect you to follow suit with your words, and really NOT care again, by forgetting that Nigeria exists in your dictionary. Or does the fact that you can’t stop talking and complaining about Nigeria despite the fact that you claim not to care really mean that your ‘care-less’ statements are not true? Selah

Dear NID, you should know that not all of us have the opportunity to leave like you, and even when some of us do, we just don't want to. We have chosen to stay. We were not forced to stay, we chose to. Live with your choice and let us live with ours.

Dear NID, even if you have stopped believing in Nigeria, and do not see yourself ever returning here, can you please stop asking us to do the same? Can you please, stop expecting us to stop hoping that we would get better, just because you stopped hoping? Cos unfortunately, some of us have nowhere else to go, and no matter how many people leave, some of us here still have to stay back, and make Nigeria good again.

Dear NID, you forget that when your family is bad, and you choose to run to another family because they are good, it won’t solve the problem of the ‘badness’ of your family. Your family will still be bad. Selah

Dear NID, why is it that whenever I ask you about the solution to this country you claim you do not care about, but can never stop talking about, you tell me the only solution is to split? Unity or splitting - which of the options would cost more? Are you ready to sacrifice the remaining family you left here to the unavoidable bloodshed that would happen if your splitting fantasies ever became a reality (no pun intended)? Wait no, you would move all of them out of the country and make them fellow NIDs like you - another fantasy that would never become a reality, thanks to the white man that would rather die than see that happen.

Nigeria is a big menace and it is like a time bomb waiting to explode, with the injustice, corruption, insecurities, and other negative nouns I would not even bother to mention, but rather leave for the political bloggers and writers to deal with. One thing we know is this, in no way would leaving the country ever solve all the migraine-genera­ting problems of our country. But as we have said before, we don’t have any problem with the choice you made. After all, there is the fight or flight approach to be taken in any battle. You chose the flight, while we chose the former.

It is okay that you have decided to have as little as possible to do with us, but please, live and let live. Don’t tell me to shut up when I say something good can still come out of Nigeria – I will still say it. Don’t try to take away the hope we have left with your comments of how failed and hopeless we are. Hoping in this k-leg country of ours is very difficult, and we should be encouraged and commended for doing so. In the face of the unexplainable nonsense our leaders put us through in this country, our hope is honestly the only thing we have. Take that away from us, and we had better started committing suicide because a hopeless person is a walking-dead.

And if you are a NID because your parents stole our commonwealth, sent you out to have a better life, and you in turn, pay us back by trying to kill our spirit with your hope-sucking statements, thereby making me spend time to write this letter which would most likely generate comments I would rather not deal with my way, well… since I have no power to do anything to you, I leave you for God to judge. That is not because I am meek like Moses, it is because I really have no power to do anything to you – at least, for now.

Dear NID, in spite of all the nonsense happening in every sector of the country, you can call me deluded, but I still say Nigeria has a great future. Okay, I said it come and flog me. Oh I forgot, you would have to come down to Nigeria to do that.

Dear NID, I think I should stop here for now, as I strongly suspect that I am beginning to ramble.

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

http://www.hattylolla.com/2013/01/dear-nigerian-in-diaspora.html

OP, don't bite the hands that feed you. Come to think of it, you are probably a NID posing as a NIN - good job. Nevertheless, it is public information that in 2012, NID remittance to the motherland, Nigeria, was $21 billion. Please compare this with your $31.6 billion, 2013 budget. I'll help you do the math: 67 percent. We know the $21 billion from NID can be seen on the ground in the housing sector, agriculture, auto industries, feeding of families, etc. In addition, most of the weddings, burials, etc. are funded by mostly NID funds. However, most of the 2013 ($31.6 billion) budget will find its way to foreign accounts – it’s happening as I type.

Again, I warn you not to bite the hands that feed you.

NID is actually Nigeria's best hope. NID could not impact from within; however, NID has a good track record of impacting change on the ground from Diaspora.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Philolos: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness:

We all write in English which is not our first language,we practice the same system of govt which originally isn't ours. So we havent adjusted into the foreign system. We used to have kings,chiefs,Ezes,obas which is still in our leaders mentality. It will take time to correct that .

Japan changed; so did Taiwan, South Korean, Brazil, etc. Nigeria(ans) just refuse to change. Our so-called leaders go for medical treatment & checkup outside the country daily - they would rather die in a foreign hospital than take their chances in a Nigerian hospital. Not that I blame them. What would you advice your family if they had such wealth at their disposal? That should give you hope for change.

A friend in the corridors of the Swiss banking sector once said, the money allocated for Nigeria, goes to Nigeria and comes right back to the Swiss accounts with interest. Again, another hope for change...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Plot To Remove Gbajabiamila Uncovered - Leadership / Northern Governors Sign MOU For Construction Of 5 Solar Plants (pics) / Senate Plots Ali Ndume’s Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.