Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,416 members, 7,964,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:27 PM

A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora (17663 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Skywalker5(m): 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
Philolos:

OP, don't bite the hands that feed you. Come to think of it, you are probably a NID posing as a NIN - good job. Nevertheless, it is public information that in 2012, NID remittance to the motherland, Nigeria, was $21 billion. Please compare this with your $31.6 billion, 2013 budget. I'll help you do the math: 67 percent. We know the $21 billion from NID can be seen on the ground in the housing sector, agriculture, auto industries, feeding of families, etc. In addition, most of the weddings, burials, etc. are funded by mostly NID funds. However, most of the 2013 ($31.6 billion) budget will find its way to foreign accounts – it’s happening as I type.

Again, I warn you not to bite the hands that feed you.

NID is actually Nigeria's best hope. NID could not impact from within; however, NID has a good track record of impacting change on the ground from Diaspora.

Must you quote the whole post? angry angry angry angry
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sky-walker:

Is that the only proof you have that he is from a wealthy family?

I did not say "wealthy family", there's a very distinct line between rich and wealthy. If you go to previous threads about his comments, you will see proof.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Skywalker5(m): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
manny4life:

I did not say "wealthy family", there's a very distinct line between rich and wealthy. If you go to previous threads about his comments, you will see proof.

Anyone can brag about anything online. I am just saying you cant conclude just by his comments.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Philolos: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sky-walker:

Must you quote the whole post? angry angry angry angry

You just did the same... smiley smiley But to preserve the context... My post could have gone on the next page and may not make sense as a standalone...
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Skywalker5(m): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Philolos:

You just did the same... smiley smiley But to preserve the context... My post could have gone on the next page and may not make sense as a standalone...

Lol. ok i get you but the 1st post is too long na
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Philolos: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sky-walker:

Lol. ok i get you but the 1st post is too long na

I hear you. I wouldn't do that again ma/sir! smiley smiley
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sky-walker:

Anyone can brag about anything online. I am just saying you cant conclude just by his comments.

Well, I concluded from his prior post, not on this thread. I wish I can dig up that thread so you can see it for yourself. True that anyone can claim anything online, but on that thread, I summed up my opinion about him.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by occam(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
Naija and trickery sha. See this girl open thread to bring traffic to her yeye blog or site. don't know what to call it self. Nonesense!

all her rant is to bring folks in here so they can click on the link.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Demainman1: 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Pataki: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
With the present crop of leaders Nigeria has, only a demented being will still believe in this disgrace of a nation called Nigeria.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by john6006: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
Why did the president fly out of Nigeria for MEDICAL REASON ? grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by OmoEziokwu: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

Nitwit! When comparing try and compare Nigeria with te other third world nations why didn't you move to Somalia, Sudan, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, India, Venezuela, chad, etc than compare Nigeria to your glorious first world nations. Obviously anyone driving a Bentley would get angry even if he was given a very tricked out Toyota or Honda and the Bentley taken away from him. So why not go these countries i mentioned then tell me how exactly you'll look at Nigeria from there.

jennykadry:

Be quiet please. Some people were once international students whose parents paid 25 grand per semester for a 6 year course. You think it's cheap to Study medicine ? They don't go about announcing to the nairalanders on each thread.

Be quiet I say

Never mind the young chap. He just likes to sound well off so as to impress others on this forum. So Godogwu you mean that if you want to improve as a nation you begin to use Somalia as your benchmark? Do you know how much the parents of some people on Nairaland spend on their education? You are just a kid, just see how he started with "nitwit". Apparently one of those types Nigeria doesn't need, even though he claims to be in its defence. His types will go back to Nigeria and start oppressing anybody. I know your types Godogwu, and I pray that I meet them anytime I visit Nigeria. I won't even spare them because they will constitute the next generation of looters in the country, just to keep up with the lifestyle. I'm not even going to call you arsehole just to boost your ego. CRAP!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by scarred: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Someone should google Moses.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Pataki: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
Eeediots! You are busy celebrating Super Eagles won a useless cup. The super star players amongst them are back earning their foreign exchange, only for NIN to kidnap their relatives and start asking for ransome money. Yet some demented beings wants us to think Nigeria is a paradise on earth.

Your future policemen are living far worse than a goat who is resident in Europe. A demented being is here telling us lies. I have just recently seen things with my eyes in Nigeria, and there is nothing to write home about. A country bastardized by corruption, ineptitude, failure, cluelessness and animal lifestyle! Who lives in a state of no-electricity for weeks and expects to be normal? Your glorified mansions are nothing but prison cages! Your glorified cars are nothing but dumps in developed world. What amazes me .more is when you lot take loans to buy used cars and start driving it round the streets and everyone starts greeting you with a 'sir' or 'ma'.

There is no new Nigeria, until there are new creatures!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Demainman1: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
To think that most of these NIN making mouth here are most likely working for one foreign multinational or the other hence they come here to brag 'na my job they carry me come abroad'. Most of you lots will do anything just to make that your job bring you abroad trip for one useless safety course or the other including licking 'oyibo' ass so that you can collect travel allowance. When una come here finish una go dey look for one friend house to perch for two weeks instead of using the same money to pay for good hotel accommodation. We know your types! empty heads.

How many government workers dey fit save to come abroad if not the politians and the other thieves like the one that stole 23Billions?

Keep blaming NID instead of holding the looters to account. We go see how far!!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Pataki: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
scarred: Someone should google Moses.

An animal, place or thing?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pataki: Eeediots! You are busy celebrating Super Eagles won a useless cup. The super star players amongst them are back earning their foreign exchange, only for NIN to kidnap their relatives and start asking for ransome money. Yet some demented beings wants us to think Nigeria is a paradise on earth.

Your future policemen are living far worse than a goat who is resident in Europe. A demented being is here telling us lies. I have just recently seen things with my eyes in Nigeria, and there is nothing to write home about. A country bastardized by corruption, ineptitude, failure, cluelessness and animal lifestyle! Who lives in a state of no-electricity for weeks and expects to be normal? Your glorified mansions are nothing but prison cages! Your glorified cars are nothing but dumps in developed world. What amazes me .more is when you lot take loans to buy used cars and start driving it round the streets and everyone starts greeting you with a 'sir' or 'ma'.

You don dey vex sha grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by obi123: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria is lawless, unplanned, and corrupt, these are basic known facts, we need you guys that know how the system should work to join PDP or APC and contest for elective position, that is how to change things from the inside, not by internet insults and curses of the country.

yes and how the in the world do you propose that one does that
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Pataki: 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

Nitwit! When comparing try and compare Nigeria with te other third world nations why didn't you move to Somalia, Sudan, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, India, Venezuela, chad, etc than compare Nigeria to your glorious first world nations. Obviously anyone driving a Bentley would get angry even if he was given a very tricked out Toyota or Honda and the Bentley taken away from him. So why not go these countries i mentioned then tell me how exactly you'll look at Nigeria from there.

Lol na wa oh! Why didn't you appeal to your money-miss-road papa to send you and your brother to Venezuela, Chad, India, Somalia, Sudan, or Tanzania to obtain your useless engineering degree and lets see whether you have an edge in the market? All na abroad right?

It is when I come across fetid reasoning beings like the dude I quoted above, I am more irritated to share the same nationality with them!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Pataki: 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

You don dey vex sha grin

Having lived in a sane world......coming to Nigeria, nearly lost my mind. In my state, the government has embarked on urban renewal.......breaking down houses, schools, and shops in order to expand the road. In one of the areas where this is happening, there is a redeem church by the roadside which is disturbing the expansion project. This building was left untouched. Foolish Nigerians are calling it the favor of God that is working on them!

How does the need for urban renewal merge with the favor of God??! In an area where the church is nothing but a nuisance to development! I nearly went mad just hearing that nonsense being spewed forth.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by defbond1: 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
On a lighter note, some years ago I was on the platform of one of the London Underground witha friend and we saw a fresh looking rat running about on the track. My mind went straight to rats in nigeria and almost immediately my friend said hmmm. "London boy" - Reffering to the rat. That was so hilarious.
He said can you compare that rat's standard of living to the rats in lagos?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Arsenate(m): 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pataki: Eeediots! You are busy celebrating Super Eagles won a useless cup. The super star players amongst them are back earning their foreign exchange, only for NIN to kidnap their relatives and start asking for ransome money. Yet some demented beings wants us to think Nigeria is a paradise on earth.

you are the biiiigggger eeeedddddiiiiooott. so because the super eagles are earning big money abroad nigerians should not celebrate the success they brought the country? you guys are purely sadistic creatures that are hell bend on making the NINs sad and hopeless while at the same time pretending like u care. we celebrate super eagles victory and we are still celebrating. go hang yourself. sadist. mtcchewww

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
kingoflag:

You do know that out here most kids your age dont depend on daddy or mommy to do anything for them, right? Take a wild guess why people become financially independent starting from ages 16-18yrs old out here.....

Now, get a pen and paper and jot down what you think are the pros and cons of being responsible for self at such a young age and how it translates to a better future.

Well its not my fault my parents are able to provide for me and my siblings till we become independent. I'm sorry you didn't have such luxury but don't come sobbing over your misfortune.

P.s I've made a few bucks on my own, and I knw a whole lot of people ( Americans) that still depend on their parents for every single thing, you shouldn't generalize.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
jennykadry:

Those Aluu 4 boys that were killed, wouldn't be 6 feet under if they lived abroad. What a failure that country is, even the so called police in the community encouraged the villagers to burn them.

How many people have lost their lives in Nigeria for stealing Knorr and instead of the government and we the people to sit down and figure out why people have had to stoop so low to do what they did, we are busy walking the girls around town nAked whilst some perverts insert rods and fingers into the women's private areas and if it is a man they strip him unclad, put a tyre round his neck and burn him to death.

God forbid

Those kids that died at sandy hook, the ones of columbine, Virginia tech and the rest wouldn't have died if they were in Nigeria.

Would you stop displaying your disgusting level of ignorance and inferiority complex.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
defbond1: Just to mention, education in nigeria is a sorry case!!! And this is not an attack on anyone. I'm just pointing it out in case an educational instructor or minister (whatever you call them) is reading.

Your average secondary schools are still being taught science of yesteryears.
University lecturers using notes of 20 years ago.

How many computer scientist in nigeria did fortran 77? It's called 77 because it was used in 1977. It's dead and buried in the world but not in Nigeria universities where you have to cram it and pass it.... What for? I can mention a thousand cases more.

To be honest... Everything yu have learnt in science in nigeria how has it benefited your life, talk less of the nation. Why? Your syllabuses / national curriculum are very old and most cases not adapted to nigeria. You learn about 4 seasons winters, spring, autumn and summer (not in Any particular order) and cram textbooks to pass them (when all you needed to learn was harmattan and cold seasons. Ever wondered why?

Science is mandatory for all kids abroad. The average child abroad that has no university education has more knowledge in science than phd holders in nigeria. Yes.. Quote me on that.
And please if you feel you are knowledgeable enough over there I will ask you basic secondary science questions ( and please don't tell me you did commercial class or art class-?)

Nigerian doctors are banned from practising abroad why? Just one out of 155 million cases.
My wife went to one of the best hospitals in abuja during our last visit in 2011 and the doctors and radiographers ( who had no clue about sound waves and how ultrasound works) went on about stuffs and were very quick to suggest surgery.
Thank goodness I didn't fall for that. We came back and told our Doctor showing their scan results and notes (luckily with my iphone i was able to scan all the doctors notes) consultants were called in and reviewed the notes and couldn't help bursting into laughter right in front of us. (5 of them). . And they asked, were they really going to do a surgery?( apparently whatever they said they found was meant to be there in the first place for all women). Oh the shame, and pain I felt about for my people over there.
They advised never to go to the hospital and quickly took down the name of the hospital. (Apparently to blacklist them) I immediately remembered my friends dad who died of diabetes but was being treated for something else.

My kids will not school in nigeria. God forbid!!! Only thing you will learn is resilience (read until you die there even though, you cram you must pass the exam but overall you have learnt nothing.) and what's the point of learning when you can't apply it?
( and this is driven by fear of knowing if you don't go school and pass you are toast) it's a positive though.
Trained doctor working in banks, phd holders driving dangote trucks, ha. Insult..... Only in nigeria.

I tried working with the national parastatals on education recently, proposing a complete change in the national curriculum... I was told my own is too much. Well I got paid for my work and left.

It's even more painful to know GEJ. And the late president were lecturers.

That's the country you live in. As much as I believe in hope, I can tell you the fundamentally wrong things in nigeria are still very wrong and will take years and years of correction. Not your generation my dear readers. Your generation can only lay a foundation which is clearly not your leaders priority for now.

Old man here's a bench \________, now tell us how u've failed yourself
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
merengue:

Why do you go on every thread telling people that you are an international student whose father owns this and that & on an anonymous internet forum? Are you really that young, shallow, insecure and daft? SMH for the poor sod who calls you his son.

Pleaseeee!!!!!!!!!! I only respond when I'm asked. If you go through those conversations you will notice i just tried defending most middle class nigerians who work hard and earn their money contrary to what some of you who think that anyone holding his own in Nigeria is into aome fraudulent activity. Sorry to disappoint you but my father is forever proud of me and my siblings... His children are his priority and my parents went any length to give us the best upbringing. Now bye smiley
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

Those kids that died at sandy hook, the ones of columbine, Virginia tech and the rest wouldn't have died if they were in Nigeria.

Would you stop displaying your disgusting level of ignorance and inferiority complex.

Why do you think it can't happen in Nigeria? That your schools are secured? Or you have better security systems or protected laws in place, like seriously, why do you think Nigeria is different?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
manny4life: Godogwu, is a 19yo kid whose father and mother are rich not an average Nigerian who's struggling. He thinks Nigerians living in the U.S. are hungry, he thinks mortgaging (financing) is poverty. The few recent threads(about 6months old) tell of his type. Anyway, the dude needs reality check.

Ohh i remember you.... How you been, i liked most of your posts on the whole debate you had with that Ghanian dude, you showed great intellect.

Now I don't think all Nigerians who live in the US are struggling but i believe and its a fact that most of them are, just a few we're able to utilize the opportunities. Same applies to the ones in Nigeria, obviously a greater amount of the population is suffering or struggling but that doesn't dispute the fact that there are the ones who live the "okay" life. I believe that paying for a house for over 20 years can no way be defined as success, you may not be poor but you are definitely not rich. This is because if at some you are unable to continue with that payment for some reason, you loose that property.

I've said this several times, I'm not rich, neither is my family, we just make up the very strong and growing middle class of Nigeria. I know rich people and i know how they live..... Maybe by your standards, but by my standards nahh

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by redsun(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Education without common sense is zombie education. Nigerians in high proportion lack good old common,that is why they cheat and lie to themselves. Destroying theirs and children's future just for what they can eat today,with little or no sense of community spirit,building,development and pride.

In essence,a child in a reception class in a functional society where reasoning thrive could be more cognitive than a phd holder in Nigeria who wails to Jesus or mohammad every morning begging for long life,security,job safeguarding,children and d bulls they beg for without working towards achieving them.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
OmoEziokwu:

Never mind the young chap. He just likes to sound well off so as to impress others on this forum. So Godogwu you mean that if you want to improve as a nation you begin to use Somalia as your benchmark? Do you know how much the parents of some people on Nairaland spend on their education? You are just a kid, just see how he started with "nitwit". Apparently one of those types Nigeria doesn't need, even though he claims to be in its defence. His types will go back to Nigeria and start oppressing anybody. I know your types Godogwu, and I pray that I meet them anytime I visit Nigeria. I won't even spare them because they will constitute the next generation of looters in the country, just to keep up with the lifestyle. I'm not even going to call you arsehole just to boost your ego. CRAP!

LOOOOL K bro, K
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pataki:

Lol na wa oh! Why didn't you appeal to your money-miss-road papa to send you and your brother to Venezuela, Chad, India, Somalia, Sudan, or Tanzania to obtain your useless engineering degree and lets see whether you have an edge in the market? All na abroad right?

It is when I come across fetid reasoning beings like the dude I quoted above, I am more irritated to share the same nationality with them!

I won't even give you the pleasure of a baseless debate on my father's preference because I believe it obvious.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
manny4life:

Why do you think it can't happen in Nigeria? That your schools are secured? Or you have better security systems or protected laws in place, like seriously, why do you think Nigeria is different?

because theres no random lunatic with an assualt rifle that going to kill elementary school kids or people at the cinema or college students for no reason whatsover.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bomb Rips Through Maiduguri Market Killing Many / How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu / Buhari Swears-in 7 New Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.