Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,416 members, 7,964,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:26 PM

A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora (17662 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by stunna2(m): 9:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
defbond1: On a lighter note, some years ago I was on the platform of one of the London Underground witha friend and we saw a fresh looking rat running about on the track. My mind went straight to rats in nigeria and almost immediately my friend said hmmm. "London boy" - Reffering to the rat. That was so hilarious.
He said can you compare that rat's standard of living to the rats in lagos?

...my pipo, I thought I was done commenting on this topic. I'm gratified that so many abroad sons and daugters of naija came here to make clear we r not afraid of anyone but I'm not commenting any further just want to burst laughs for the above London rat talk - hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! True story
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by julius2825(m): 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01: The fact that you believe in the God of Moses puts you as a problem worse than the Nigerians in diaspora.

I understand your other points though. As a Nigerian in diaspora, I still believe that Nigeria can be better. We all have to work together to do it and not sit back for some Jewish God (Yahweh) or some Arab god (Allah) to solve our problems.

The first things to do are to tackle the 3 fundamental problems
-Roads
-Electricity
-Education

However, how do we achieve this when people like you would rather pray and expect some racist god to help you? Instead of saving money for better purposes, people donate money to pastors to buy private jets. I am not even going to talk about what the muslims are doing in the north......

In summary, I agree with your point that NID's shouldnt unjustly criticise people in Nigeria but I disagree with two issues.
-Not all NID's do not want to relocate and help Nigeria
-Religion is one of our problems- how can you believe in a god that continuously fails to help your country?

I dont believe in god and neithr should many Nigerians. Why not focus on the things you can do and see? The better things in life? Self improvement?

Do you know how islam and christianity came to Nigeria? SLAVERY.
do you know what the bible say about someone like you,simply A mad person say in his mind that there is no GOD,but you did not even say it in your mind,you fill so confident to open your clay mouth and say there is no GOD.
Please let me tell you,if you know you are confused and convicted,don't just open your mouth and implicate others,nonsence.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by OilSubsidy: 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
Godogwu:

because theres no random lunatic with an assualt rifle that going to kill elementary school kids or people at the cinema or college students for no reason whatsover.

What your politicians and the other government looters are doing to children in that your nigeria is worst that what happen in sandy hook, columbine and Virginia tech joined together. Nigeria leaders are the real lunatics because while the whole world is progressing, They keep us stagnant while they loot the country dry.

I pray nothing bad happens to your father while you are still an international student in America, If not, by the time your uncles and aunties appear on the scene and collect all those properties and riches of his and even collect your mother too while leaving you stranded abroad then you go know what's up.

Rich kid my foot!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
OilSubsidy:

What your politicians and the other government looters are doing to children in that your nigeria is worst that what happen in sandy hook, columbine and Virginia tech joined together. Nigeria leaders are the real lunatics because while the whole world is progressing, They keep us stagnant while they loot the country dry.

I pray nothing bad happens to your father while you are still an international student in America, If not, by the time your uncles and aunties appear on the scene and collect all those properties and riches of his and even collect your mother too while leaving you stranded abroad then you go know what's up.

Rich kid my foot!

LOOOOL how daft can you be though? you think we live in world where there are no rules? or like the fiction Nigerian movies where the husband dies and the family becomes poor the next day?... amusing...

My dad wont die....at least not until its his time, and if whatever unfortunate incident happens to him...i'm so fortunate to still have my mother, also his investments and savings are there, my grand parents are there, my extended family is also there. Finally my uncles and aunties are not scavaengers who don't have resources of theirs. You have a very myopic view of things and its quite a shame. I'm sorry but you sound alarmingly daft.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 15, 2013
This letter is trash!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Dibiachukwu: 1:46am On Feb 15, 2013
azzima: We should ban ILLITERATE Nigerians from[b] LIVING [/b]the country. They cause us a lot of harm. THIS are people that quickly become criminals or spy agents for foreign,hostile countries. Now they will tell us that they have a PHD, so much for the educational system.
Do you know how many Nigerians have joined foreign armies. What do you think they are doing there? lol at bolded. I am not english and everybody makes mistakes.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Dibiachukwu: 1:53am On Feb 15, 2013
Pataki: Eeediots! You are busy celebrating Super Eagles won a useless cup. The super star players amongst them are back earning their foreign exchange, only for NIN to kidnap their relatives and start asking for ransome money. Yet some demented beings wants us to think Nigeria is a paradise on earth.

Your future policemen are living far worse than a goat who is resident in Europe. A demented being is here telling us lies. I have just recently seen things with my eyes in Nigeria, and there is nothing to write home about. A country bastardized by corruption, ineptitude, failure, cluelessness and animal lifestyle! Who lives in a state of no-electricity for weeks and expects to be normal? Your glorified mansions are nothing but prison cages! Your glorified cars are nothing but dumps in developed world. What amazes me .more is when you lot take loans to buy used cars and start driving it round the streets and everyone starts greeting you with a 'sir' or 'ma'.

There is no new Nigeria, until there are new creatures!
And NIN pay millions for DSTV subscription to keep them there. You people really don't know how the international business/scams work. Believe me, in this whole football crap, the west wins big time.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Dibiachukwu: 2:14am On Feb 15, 2013
manny4life:

Why do you think it can't happen in Nigeria? That your schools are secured? Or you have better security systems or protected laws in place, like seriously, why do you think Nigeria is different?
Because everybody in the US is ma.d. While most people in Nigeria are sane people living under the oppression of ma.d men. Most of these ma.d men also got m.ad in America.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by defbond1: 2:18am On Feb 15, 2013
Godogwu:

Old man here's a bench \________, now tell us how I've failed yourself

Well, @ godogwu. rich kid gone to Uni. (Not).

Can you educate fellow nigerians on this thread why images and videos from space are usually dark or completely black with just the spaceship/ planets showing.

This is a key stage 3 science work( what you call jss1-jss3). You can look the answer up Wikipedia for a clue (if u get one) but try and explain it.
Question 2. (Bonus question just to assess how daft you are) What is the difference between weight and mass and is it right to say your weight is 70kg or not? Justify your answer in two sentences.
You are mechanical engr wannabe isn't it? Take your time. If I don't hear from you soon though I'll understand.

Ps. You are clearly disrespectful. Don't waste your parents effort. I hope they have managed to repay the bank loan they took to send you abroad. If they have good for you. If they haven't please stay focused.
Go and do your homework. Online discussions are not for children. Did you not learn that in school? It's called e-safety.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by rosscoe: 2:23am On Feb 15, 2013
This is a very stupid letter. If you want to tackle the problem of saving Nigeria's image start from home. Charity begins at home. Is it not the rubbish that Nigerian leaders are doing that makes NID complain. Why not write letter to all the people that are trying to fly out of Nigeria and see the response.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 15, 2013
Godogwu:

Well its not my fault my parents are able to provide for me and my siblings till we become independent. I'm sorry you didn't have such luxury but don't come sobbing over your misfortune.

P.s I've made a few bucks on my own, and I knw a whole lot of people ( Americans) that still depend on their parents for every single thing, you shouldn't generalize.

Oh yeah? Your "Luxury", my "Misfortune", ba?

Anyone can be anything on the internet but....

Lets put this to the test real quick.

On Monday the 18th of this Month, at the W Hotel in Manhattan a private meeting/gathering will commence between these same men whom you glorify--- men whom even your father dares not meet their eyes if privileged to be in their presence .They have tagged it a meeting to "save" Nigeria. Why dont you come--- ALONG WITH YOUR FATHER---just to put his so-called wealth and the influence and power of your last name to the test? Im being dragged there by my Dad. I bet you whatever amount you want to put up that you and your father will never make it past the front door. You must be insane thinking that everyone who wishes for equality has financial issues. There are people who know me and my family on here, who knows you or your father?

If Manhattan is too far (I dont see how it should be, afterall, everyone else is flying in from Nigeria), in about 2weeks another of such meetings will happen in D.C. If you also claim thats also far, theres another 3 such meetings slated for late Feb-early March in Abuja. Then sometime in early-mid March another will happen in Dubai to decide how they'll finally seal your fates and control the destiny of idio.ts like yourself. I bet you all I need is once and I'll deflate that lil ego of yours.

If youre up for the challenge, lemme know and I'll furnish you with a temporary contact. I bet, after I'm done with both of you, you'll never look at your father the same way again.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 3:42am On Feb 15, 2013
kingoflag:

On Monday the 18th of this Month, at the W Hotel in Manhattan a private meeting/gathering will commence between these same men whom you glorify--- men whom even your father dares not meet their eyes if privileged to be in their presence .They have tagged it a meeting to "save" Nigeria. Why dont you come--- ALONG WITH YOUR FATHER---just to test his so-called wealth and the influence and power of your last name? Im being dragged there by my Dad. I bet you whatever amount you want to put up that you and your father will never make it past the front door. You must be insane thinking that everyone who wishes for equality has financial issues. There are people who know me and my family on here, who knows you or your father?

If Manhattan is too far (I dont see how it should be, afterall, everyone else is flying in from Nigeria), in about 2weeks another of such meetings will happen in D.C. If you also claim thats also far, theres another 3 such meetings slated for late Feb in Abuja. Then sometime in early March another will happen in Dubai to decide how they'll finally seal your fates and control the destiny of idio.ts like yourself. I bet you all I need is once and I'll deflate that lil ego of yours.

If youre up for the challenge, lemme know and I'll furnish you with a temporary contact. I bet, after I'm done with both of you, you'll never look at your father the same way again.
see as you sidon there dey wait for who you go fight...are you that jobless? grin grin grin abeg no vex oh na joke i dey cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by redsun(m): 3:44am On Feb 15, 2013
That guy u are talking tend to sound like a very spoilt brat. He wouldn't know what it is all about,not even in Nigeria,neither in Europe or America.

I hope he is not from IDE.ahaba family,because I know them too well.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 3:45am On Feb 15, 2013
Pataki: Eeediots! You are busy celebrating Super Eagles won a useless cup. The super star players amongst them are back earning their foreign exchange, only for NIN to kidnap their relatives and start asking for ransome money. Yet some demented beings wants us to think Nigeria is a paradise on earth.

Your future policemen are living far worse than a goat who is resident in Europe. A demented being is here telling us lies. I have just recently seen things with my eyes in Nigeria, and there is nothing to write home about. A country bastardized by corruption, ineptitude, failure, cluelessness and animal lifestyle! Who lives in a state of no-electricity for weeks and expects to be normal? Your glorified mansions are nothing but prison cages! Your glorified cars are nothing but dumps in developed world. What amazes me .more is when you lot take loans to buy used cars and start driving it round the streets and everyone starts greeting you with a 'sir' or 'ma'.

There is no new Nigeria, until there are new creatures!
chai see frustration wey get teeth cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....this bros dun wash plate tire..smdh
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 15, 2013
Truckpusher: see as you sidon there dey wait for who you go fight...are you that jobless? grin grin grin beg no vex oh na joke i dey cheesy cheesy cheesy

I bet.... after being away for about 12 hrs... Yeah, Im jobless.

I dont care if youre joking. For some reason, I just dont like you. Theres something about your face--- that goes with your words---- thats all kinds of sneaky, distrustful and evil. Thats why I always try to tell you to stay away. Its an anonymous forum, I know, and sometimes I also pester certain individuals just to get a rise out of them, but you.... You give me the chills like theres nothing good or trustworthy about you.

P.S: Didnt you also claim to be a rich businessman earlier? Why are you always online? NEPA don take light or what?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by redsun(m): 3:54am On Feb 15, 2013
Truckpusher: chai see frustration wey get teeth cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....this bros dun wash plate tire..smdh

Who could more frustrated than a truck pusher? You tend to live up to your name.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 4:01am On Feb 15, 2013
kingoflag:

I bet.... after being away for about 12 hrs... Yeah, Im jobless.

I dont care if youre joking. For some reason, I just dont like you. Theres something about your face--- that goes with your words---- thats all kinds of sneaky, distrustful and evil. Thats why I always try to tell you to stay away. Its an anonymous forum, I know, and sometimes I also pester certain individuals just to get a rise out of them, but you.... You give me the chills like theres nothing good or trustworthy about you.

P.S: Didnt you also claim to be a rich businessman earlier? Why are you always online? NEPA don take light or what?
nah bro...i never claimed to be any kind of business man maybe you're mistaken me for someone else.... you got yourself too many enemies because of your too many ranting and raving in a public forum like a rabid dog.

As for being online right now? FYI i'm working and i'm on night shift and as for my face? if you're real and you truly believe in yourself why don't you put up some real picture on your profile and let the whole world see who is using that handle.

Lastly ,i have this advice for you always remain positive ,if you continue the way you rant online in your normal life i wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a high blood pressure.....one love and stop the hating it kills you from the inside wink

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 4:14am On Feb 15, 2013
defbond1:

Well, @ godogwu. rich kid gone to Uni. (Not).

Can you educate fellow nigerians on this thread why images and videos from space are usually dark or completely black with just the spaceship/ planets showing.

This is a year key stage 3 science work( what you call jss1-jss3). You can look the answer up Wikipedia for a clue (if u get one) but try and explain it.
Question 2. (Bonus question just to assess how daft you are) What is the difference between weight and mass and is it right to say your weight is 70kg or not? Justify your answer in two sentences.
You are mechanical engr wannabe isn't it? Take your time. If I don't hear from you soon though I'll understand.

Ps. You are clearly disrespectful. Don't waste your parents effort. I hope they have managed to repay the bank loan they took to send you abroad. If they have good for you. If they haven't please focused.

And I'm meant to do this to please you?..... I have actual lab reports to do aii....but I'll see.

Loan though, really? Hahahaha ! You can do better

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 4:14am On Feb 15, 2013
redsun:

Who could more frustrated than a truck pusher? You tend to live up to your name.

buhahahahaha...i dey laff you grin grin grin grin grin we dey see una finish how una dey beg for 20pounds and 50 dollars no worry i go catch you one day cheesy cheesy
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 4:16am On Feb 15, 2013
Godogwu:

Ohh i remember you.... How you been, i liked most of your posts on the whole debate you had with that Ghanian dude, you showed great intellect.

Now I don't think all Nigerians who live in the US are struggling but i believe and its a fact that most of them are, just a few we're able to utilize the opportunities. Same applies to the ones in Nigeria, obviously a greater amount of the population is suffering or struggling but that doesn't dispute the fact that there are the ones who live the "okay" life. I believe that paying for a house for over 20 years can no way be defined as success, you may not be poor but you are definitely not rich. This is because if at some you are unable to continue with that payment for some reason, you loose that property.

I've said this several times, I'm not rich, neither is my family, we just make up the very strong and growing middle class of Nigeria. I know rich people and i know how they live..... Maybe by your standards, but by my standards nahh

Doing good brother... Thanks for listening in on the debate, the worst thing that gets to my skin is Ghanians trying to paint us black, I'm glad they all took a hike for good.... Back to business...

You think that "MOST" of them are? How do you define struggling be it Nigeria or America? Let's define struggling strictly on economic terms?

Like I previously asked you, is there a standard template for success? Do you know how mortgage work? It's like ANY other debt but just with an underlying asset which you have an equity in it. So again, if we're to take mortgage out and put in "commercial debt", will that count as unsuccessful?

I ask because it's important to know how we define terms and it's application. You said "you're not poor but you're not rich" so in reverse, what's rich? Someone who's debt free? I mean if that's your definition, starting with Dangote, they're poor because they use OPM (other people's money) to do business, isn't that debt? There are tons of people with mortgaged homes who have tons of other assets, for you to claim that you're not poor, but not rich either is false.

Yes, you're the middle class, the middle class by economic definition is "rich" because they can afford any economic want. For instance, the U.S. classifies like the middle class rich folks as those who make $250,000 and up. Now that's a total different line from "WEALTHY" - if I'm correct wealthy is what you're referring to. Well, define these standards because we'd like to know what pedestal to place each entity.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by manny4life(m): 4:18am On Feb 15, 2013
Godogwu:

because theres no random lunatic with an assualt rifle that going to kill elementary school kids or people at the cinema or college students for no reason whatsover.

Back.. post coming right up

You use this word "whatsoever" very loosely. Have you ever put both circumstance into clear perspective? Nigeria has strict gun controls while the U.S. has free gun control? Reverse the equation again with Nigeria being the receiving nation (God forbid) and U.S. being the stricter nation, then come back and tell me what the result is.

For you to say "there's no random lunatic" particularly in Nigeria is plainly false. Citizens are victims of the law, and law enforcement officials daily, so I strongly believe that has qualified them as lunatics with assault riffles. On the issue of where they carry out killing like in schools, it only takes for the tides to change. If Nigerian citizens could carry a registered weapon in public, this you wouldn't be saying.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by redsun(m): 4:36am On Feb 15, 2013
Truckpusher: buhahahahaha...i dey laff you grin grin grin grin grin we dey see una finish how una dey beg for 20uurz,pounds and 50 dollars no worry i go catch you one day cheesy cheesy

Same people don't beg,u guys are ass lickers because you are insane.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 5:29am On Feb 15, 2013
kingoflag:

On Monday the 18th of this Month, at the W Hotel in Manhattan a private meeting/gathering will commence between these same men whom you glorify--- men whom even your father dares not meet their eyes if privileged to be in their presence .They have tagged it a meeting to "save" Nigeria. Why dont you come--- ALONG WITH YOUR FATHER---just to put his so-called wealth and the influence and power of your last name to the test? Im being dragged there by my Dad. I bet you whatever amount you want to put up that you and your father will never make it past the front door. You must be insane thinking that everyone who wishes for equality has financial issues. There are people who know me and my family on here, who knows you or your father?

If Manhattan is too far (I dont see how it should be, afterall, everyone else is flying in from Nigeria), in about 2weeks another of such meetings will happen in D.C. If you also claim thats also far, theres another 3 such meetings slated for late Feb-early March in Abuja. Then sometime in early-mid March another will happen in Dubai to decide how they'll finally seal your fates and control the destiny of idio.ts like yourself. I bet you all I need is once and I'll deflate that lil ego of yours.

Did you re-read what you just wrote? So i should pick up the phone and call my dad to come to the US on the 18h just because some person on nairaland who he has no buisness with can see him or no wait, i should drag him to a meeting he wasn't invited just because its focus is on saving Nigeria? and so they can kick us out because we weren't on the list? . I really don't get your point. Frankly I'm not the type that gets intimidated by anyone, not at all...lets just say I have a very high self esteem; in the sense that I wouldnt bow to you if you can feed my entire generation, nahh G. I give respect where repect is due.

Now back to reality... I get that you are fighting for equality but the absolute fact is that Inequality in the society will always be there in every society. I believe in SOC 101, the functionalist perspective agrees that inequality in any society is needed for social balance. What everyone is actually fighting for is an "even playing field" that is; equal level of opportunities, equal level of respect etc, I believe thats the point you are trying to make and I totally support it. Nevertheless, I would like to state that no matter how equal the oppportunities in a society there would always be the ones who suffer and struggle, the ones who smile everyday and the ones who are just in between...ALWAYS!, its inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Godogwu: 5:43am On Feb 15, 2013
manny4life:

Back.. post coming right up

You use this word "whatsoever" very loosely. Have you ever put both circumstance into clear perspective? Nigeria has strict gun controls while the U.S. has free gun control? Reverse the equation again with Nigeria being the receiving nation (God forbid) and U.S. being the stricter nation, then come back and tell me what the result is.

For you to say "there's no random lunatic" particularly in Nigeria is plainly false. Citizens are victims of the law, and law enforcement officials daily, so I strongly believe that has qualified them as lunatics with assault riffles. On the issue of where they carry out killing like in schools, it only takes for the tides to change. If Nigerian citizens could carry a registered weapon in public, this you wouldn't be saying.

I've said this before and i'll say it again, there's no random LUNCATIC in Nigeria that would just go about shooting 5-6 or 7 year old kids for absolutely nothing!!. That aside; there kiddnapping, armed robbery, jungle justice, and all that. These situations have motives to them kidnapping; money...armed robbery:money....Jungle justice: No confidence in the justice system etc. Why exactly a full grown man would kill all those kids for no reason is utterly outrageous.

You can keep ranting on how Nigeria is failed, Nigeria is corrupt, its a Sh!t hole, nothing works...bla bla bla bla....it would never move me or so many other Nigerians who actually believe in their country. You left, thats good for you but some of rather stay back and toil and strive till the country rises to her even greater heights. Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Truckpusher(m): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2013
redsun:

Same people don't beg,u guys are ass lickers because you are insane.
gibberish.....Are you on crack or something?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by jidewin(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2013
I suppose i agree with the ops on this one.Yes we N.I.D need to take it easy especialy on news media how we react to the corrupt Nigerian govt.Not because we not saying the truth though,but i really think we should tone down a lil bit on the way we express our disappointments and aggressions towards our government.Most foreigners do not know so much about us regardless what CNN or Aljazeera or whatever mediums are broadcasting, but they anchor their arguements on what We say and post most times online.Afterall its Nigeria,our own.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by defbond1: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2013
Godogwu:

And I'm meant to do this to please you?..... I have actual lab reports to do aii....but I'll see.

Loan though, really? Hahahaha ! You can do better

Joker.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 15, 2013
Truckpusher: nah bro...i never claimed to be any kind of business man maybe you're mistaken me for someone else.... you got yourself too many enemies because of your too many ranting and raving in a public forum like a rabid dog.

As for being online right now? FYI i'm working and i'm on night shift and as for my face? if you're real and you truly believe in yourself why don't you put up some real picture on your profile and let the whole world see who is using that handle.

Lastly ,i have this advice for you always remain positive ,if you continue the way you rant online in your normal life i wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a high blood pressure.....one love and stop the hating it kills you from the inside wink
. Either you're liking your own comments or biyythch aszz niggas like Manny4life are doing it on your behalf. Either way, like I told you from day one: F.cuk off, u give me the creeps. Anyone can be anything online. Take this serious at your own peril. You don't see me putting up my pics advertising my face on this forum like your ignorant self. From post #1 to the present I can be polite to reasonable people, and just start talking crazy once I encounter any of you dunces up here. Put up my pic? Lmao so u can steal it? You really take this online thing mad serious. Lmaooooooo ure even more st.upid than you look. Dude, real talk, if I put my pic up u'll probably go home and beat the dawg s.hit out ur dad before jumping in front of one of those 1878 locomotives GEJ just put up between Lagos and Kano. Enemies online?! Gawd, ure really dense in the head if after logging off u even remember that I exist.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 15, 2013
Godogwu:

Did you re-read what you just wrote? So i should pick up the phone and call my dad to come to the US on the 18h just because some person on nairaland who he has no buisness with can see him or no wait, i should drag him to a meeting he wasn't invited just because its focus is on saving Nigeria? and so they can kick us out because we weren't on the list? . I really don't get your point. Frankly I'm not the type that gets intimidated by anyone, not at all...lets just say I have a very high self esteem; in the sense that I wouldnt bow to you if you can feed my entire generation, nahh G. I give respect where repect is due.

Yes, George, I read everything you wrote. You've boasted so much about your father and his supposed wealth--- while trying to put others down--- it's time to put your money where your mouth is. Try to recall that you called me out first by automatically assuming---without any proof--- that you were brought up in a more financially stable environment than I was. So, don't try to play the saint now. If the 18th is too close, I gave you other dates. If Manhattan is too far, Abuja and Lagos shouldn't be. Maybe because of the abject poverty you grew up around--- while ur family was the hood superstars--- u automatically think everyone else is broke. I see you even fo.olishly assumed that because people take out a mortgages in the United States they're broke. It's clear you just love writing checks with ur mouth that ur aszz can't cash. You wanna bet that that "Robbery" on campus was probably cus u boast too goddamn much?!

Anyway, best call ur Father and explain to him that someone just pulled yalls cards and that it's necessary he comes defend your family's honor or else ur rep as the golden cash money boy of Nairaland is in danger of being tarnished forever.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by israelamone: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2013
[/left]
apache77: Dear Nigerian in Diaspora,

Time and time again, you have justified your reason for leaving our fatherland. Or is it motherland? You said it is because you want to give your children a better life and opportunity than you had. We accepted your reason, as looking at the current state of our nation, we see every validity in your reason. And we did not trouble you or hassle you over that decision.

Just like we did not hassle you over this decision, we would like you to reciprocate this gesture by not hassling us over our decision to stay back.

Dear NID, I have noticed that the way you talk about issues pertaining to our country is far different from the way we here take it. Have you ever wondered why the tone of your comments about this country is far different from the tones of the Nigerians in Nigeria? Once there is a tragic event, you have a way of blowing it over the top, exaggerating, and wondering what our dear country is turning to. If only you reacted this way to every good thing that happened in our country, maybe the western world won’t always present a single story about us in their press.

Your comments of “I can never send my children to Nigeria on a holiday because they would either be robbed, kidnapped or used for rituals,” doesn’t really sound encouraging, especially as you have never suggested one solution to this problem we are facing. Please tell me, what percentage of the ones who came here during last holiday were subject to this cruel fate you imagine?

But Dear NID, I begin to wonder

Why are you always the ones to point out just how bad our country is to us, as if we are too blind to see it?

Why are you the ones that always hammer on the fact that we here are the stupidly religious ones? That we all follow our pastors like blind fools? Please, let the people that want to buy jets for their pastors do so. As you have tied your hope to the white man giving you a better life, they have also tied their hope to their pastors giving them miracles, since many of them would never have the opportunity to leave this side of the world. After all, they learnt it from the numerous pastors in America, who also bought private jets from money they got from televangelism and offerings too. Our pastors still have a long way to go when it comes to acquiring private jets.

Why are you always the first to mention how you don't see Nigeria ever getting better, how you lost hope in Nigeria a long time ago? We know about your lost hope, your exit already tells us that much.

Why are you the ones who dismiss songs of hope in Nigeria, such as Great Nation by Timi Dakolo, The Future is here by TY Bello, etc. as wishful thinking? Just because you have lost hope in our country doesn’t mean you should try to kill the hope of those left.

You have left, fine! Your children and grandchildren would probably never visit Nigeria in their life time, fine! We don’t have an issue with that, it’s your family, you can do whatever you like with them. You have said over and over again how you don’t care for Nigeria and her issues anymore. Yes, we get that. Since that is the case, we expect you to follow suit with your words, and really NOT care again, by forgetting that Nigeria exists in your dictionary. Or does the fact that you can’t stop talking and complaining about Nigeria despite the fact that you claim not to care really mean that your ‘care-less’ statements are not true? Selah

Dear NID, you should know that not all of us have the opportunity to leave like you, and even when some of us do, we just don't want to. We have chosen to stay. We were not forced to stay, we chose to. Live with your choice and let us live with ours.

Dear NID, even if you have stopped believing in Nigeria, and do not see yourself ever returning here, can you please stop asking us to do the same? Can you please, stop expecting us to stop hoping that we would get better, just because you stopped hoping? Cos unfortunately, some of us have nowhere else to go, and no matter how many people leave, some of us here still have to stay back, and make Nigeria good again.

Dear NID, you forget that when your family is bad, and you choose to run to another family because they are good, it won’t solve the problem of the ‘badness’ of your family. Your family will still be bad. Selah

Dear NID, why is it that whenever I ask you about the solution to this country you claim you do not care about, but can never stop talking about, you tell me the only solution is to split? Unity or splitting - which of the options would cost more? Are you ready to sacrifice the remaining family you left here to the unavoidable bloodshed that would happen if your splitting fantasies ever became a reality (no pun intended)? Wait no, you would move all of them out of the country and make them fellow NIDs like you - another fantasy that would never become a reality, thanks to the white man that would rather die than see that happen.

Nigeria is a big menace and it is like a time bomb waiting to explode, with the injustice, corruption, insecurities, and other negative nouns I would not even bother to mention, but rather leave for the political bloggers and writers to deal with. One thing we know is this, in no way would leaving the country ever solve all the migraine-genera­ting problems of our country. But as we have said before, we don’t have any problem with the choice you made. After all, there is the fight or flight approach to be taken in any battle. You chose the flight, while we chose the former.

It is okay that you have decided to have as little as possible to do with us, but please, live and let live. Don’t tell me to shut up when I say something good can still come out of Nigeria – I will still say it. Don’t try to take away the hope we have left with your comments of how failed and hopeless we are. Hoping in this k-leg country of ours is very difficult, and we should be encouraged and commended for doing so. In the face of the unexplainable nonsense our leaders put us through in this country, our hope is honestly the only thing we have. Take that away from us, and we had better started committing suicide because a hopeless person is a walking-dead.

And if you are a NID because your parents stole our commonwealth, sent you out to have a better life, and you in turn, pay us back by trying to kill our spirit with your hope-sucking statements, thereby making me spend time to write this letter which would most likely generate comments I would rather not deal with my way, well… since I have no power to do anything to you, I leave you for God to judge. That is not because I am meek like Moses, it is because I really have no power to do anything to you – at least, for now.

Dear NID, in spite of all the nonsense happening in every sector of the country, you can call me deluded, but I still say Nigeria has a great future. Okay, I said it come and flog me. Oh I forgot, you would have to come down to Nigeria to do that.

Dear NID, I think I should stop here for now, as I strongly suspect that I am beginning to ramble.

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

http://www.hattylolla.com/2013/01/dear-nigerian-in-diaspora.html
[left]

Time and time again, you have justified your reason for leaving our fatherland. Or is it motherland? You said it is because you want to give your children a better life and opportunity than you had. We accepted your reason, as looking at the current state of our nation, we see every validity in your reason. And we did not trouble you or hassle you over that decision.

Just like we did not hassle you over this decision, we would like you to reciprocate this gesture by not hassling us over our decision to stay back.

Dear NID, I have noticed that the way you talk about issues pertaining to our country is far different from the way we here take it. Have you ever wondered why the tone of your comments about this country is far different from the tones of the Nigerians in Nigeria? Once there is a tragic event, you have a way of blowing it over the top, exaggerating, and wondering what our dear country is turning to. If only you reacted this way to every good thing that happened in our country, maybe the western world won’t always present a single story about us in their press.

Your comments of “I can never send my children to Nigeria on a holiday because they would either be robbed, kidnapped or used for rituals,” doesn’t really sound encouraging, especially as you have never suggested one solution to this problem we are facing. Please tell me, what percentage of the ones who came here during last holiday were subject to this cruel fate you imagine?

Why are you always the ones to point out just how bad our country is to us, as if we are too blind to see it?

Why are you the ones that always hammer on the fact that we here are the stupidly religious ones? That we all follow our pastors like blind fools? Please, let the people that want to buy jets for their pastors do so. As you have tied your hope to the white man giving you a better life, they have also tied their hope to their pastors giving them miracles, since many of them would never have the opportunity to leave this side of the world. After all, they learnt it from the numerous pastors in America, who also bought private jets from money they got from televangelism and offerings too. Our pastors still have a long way to go when it comes to acquiring private jets.

Why are you always the first to mention how you don't see Nigeria ever getting better, how you lost hope in Nigeria a long time ago? We know about your lost hope, your exit already tells us that much.

Why are you the ones who dismiss songs of hope in Nigeria, such as Great Nation by Timi Dakolo, The Future is here by TY Bello, etc. as wishful thinking? Just because you have lost hope in our country doesn’t mean you should try to kill the hope of those left.

You have left, fine! Your children and grandchildren would probably never visit Nigeria in their life time, fine! We don’t have an issue with that, it’s your family, you can do whatever you like with them. You have said over and over again how you don’t care for Nigeria and her issues anymore. Yes, we get that. Since that is the case, we expect you to follow suit with your words, and really NOT care again, by forgetting that Nigeria exists in your dictionary. Or does the fact that you can’t stop talking and complaining about Nigeria despite the fact that you claim not to care really mean that your ‘care-less’ statements are not true? Selah

Dear NID, you should know that not all of us have the opportunity to leave like you, and even when some of us do, we just don't want to. We have chosen to stay. We were not forced to stay, we chose to. Live with your choice and let us live with ours.

Dear NID, even if you have stopped believing in Nigeria, and do not see yourself ever returning here, can you please stop asking us to do the same? Can you please, stop expecting us to stop hoping that we would get better, just because you stopped hoping? Cos unfortunately, some of us have nowhere else to go, and no matter how many people leave, some of us here still have to stay back, and make Nigeria good again.

Dear NID, you forget that when your family is bad, and you choose to run to another family because they are good, it won’t solve the problem of the ‘badness’ of your family. Your family will still be bad. Selah

Dear NID, why is it that whenever I ask you about the solution to this country you claim you do not care about, but can never stop talking about, you tell me the only solution is to split? Unity or splitting - which of the options would cost more? Are you ready to sacrifice the remaining family you left here to the unavoidable bloodshed that would happen if your splitting fantasies ever became a reality (no pun intended)? Wait no, you would move all of them out of the country and make them fellow NIDs like you - another fantasy that would never become a reality, thanks to the white man that would rather die than see that happen.

Nigeria is a big menace and it is like a time bomb waiting to explode, with the injustice, corruption, insecurities, and other negative nouns I would not even bother to mention, but rather leave for the political bloggers and writers to deal with. One thing we know is this, in no way would leaving the country ever solve all the migraine-genera­ting problems of our country. But as we have said before, we don’t have any problem with the choice you made. After all, there is the fight or flight approach to be taken in any battle. You chose the flight, while we chose the former.

It is okay that you have decided to have as little as possible to do with us, but please, live and let live. Don’t tell me to shut up when I say something good can still come out of Nigeria – I will still say it. Don’t try to take away the hope we have left with your comments of how failed and hopeless we are. Hoping in this k-leg country of ours is very difficult, and we should be encouraged and commended for doing so. In the face of the unexplainable nonsense our leaders put us through in this country, our hope is honestly the only thing we have. Take that away from us, and we had better started committing suicide because a hopeless person is a walking-dead.

And if you are a NID because your parents stole our commonwealth, sent you out to have a better life, and you in turn, pay us back by trying to kill our spirit with your hope-sucking statements, thereby making me spend time to write this letter which would most likely generate comments I would rather not deal with my way, well… since I have no power to do anything to you, I leave you for God to judge. That is not because I am meek like Moses, it is because I really have no power to do anything to you – at least, for now.

Dear NID, in spite of all the nonsense happening in every sector of the country, you can call me deluded, but I still say Nigeria has a great future. Okay, I said it come and flog me. Oh I forgot, you would have to come down to Nigeria to do that.

Dear NID, I think I should stop here for now, as I strongly suspect that I am beginning to ramble.

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by israelamone: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2013
[/left]
rosscoe: This is a very stupid letter. If you want to tackle the problem of saving Nigeria's image start from home. Charity begins at home. Is it not the rubbish that Nigerian leaders are doing that makes NID complain. Why not write letter to all the people that are trying to fly out of Nigeria and see the response.
[left]
rosscoe: This is a very stupid letter. If you want to tackle the problem of saving Nigeria's image start from home. Charity begins at home. Is it not the rubbish that Nigerian leaders are doing that makes NID complain. Why not write letter to all the people that are trying to fly out of Nigeria and see the response.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by kufre2010(m): 9:57am On Feb 15, 2013
The logic is that majority of Nigerians in diaspora are politician children who stole d country and send their children abroad. Majority of our politician children don't stay in Nigeria. Politicians investment are abroads, their children school abroad, they go medical check up abroad. Our politician embezzled the money in Nigeria to developed other countries. They are white men in black bodies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate / Breaking News... Pastor Chris Reconcile With Wife (photo) / Ezekwesili Knocks Al-makura Over Alleged Assault On Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.