Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,872 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48470 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Acidosis(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Conclusively, the fact that you wash all his clothes and that of his grandfather, father, mother, brothers, sisters, cousins and his family maids doesn't guarantee you a place in the family..

Yes you can wash his clothes, its no big deal.. but do not take it as a job/duty.
If you must wash, why don't you help dad & mum now that you're yet to say "bye"... ¿ that way, you'll get their blessings...

Its so unfortunate, some 9ja girls treat their parents 'anyhow' but these same girls would do anything, I mean anything for a strange baby boy..

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Ah c'mon na.
You fit help his friends nau.
Haba.
cheesy
Sure!!! Msteeeeeeeeew! angry
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by anitank(f): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
kandiikane:

If you do chores for your boyfriend then good for you, everyone has a right to an opinion. Not everyone has a boyfriend who appreciates when you do such things.

My point why should women feel bad for not doing these so called chores if they don't feel the need to do it. Ofcourse, if he was doing things for me then I won't hesistate to help him round the house but in this generation when men don't feel the need to do 'hubby materials' why should I carry my two legs go to a man's house to do chores? Naah, na because my mama nor born me well.
sweety nobody says u're going to ur beau's house to do chores, NO! u're goin to spend time with him, yet it is not "unnormal" if u decide to help him out with a few things, its not something u do everyday anyway. its only a little way of telling him u love and appreciate him ~IMO, except of course ur boyfrnd is the type that doesn't appreciate it like u stated above
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Seyixyz: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
kar'ie:

u funny sha.
as you like tolo tolo girls, go village go find you wife o.
Al diz lazy gurls of 2day self?Always inventin 4ny ways of formin 4 guyz..Even 4 ur husband 2 b..I pity una..U want him 2 act in full husband capacity 4 u while u sit down der & blow grammer..Don't wory o..Don't do d chores & orda women wil gladly declare ur man wanted
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank:
sweety nobody says u're going to ur beau's house to do chores, NO! u're goin to spend time with him, yet it is not "unnormal" if u decide to help him out with a few things, its not something u do everyday anyway. its only a little way of telling him u love and appreciate him IMO
Bebe, u better liv dat omo queen Elizabeth alone. As d babe dey so,na she dey trim her bofy anuz hair.infact, na teeth she dey use shine d bobo shoe. Na2day? U think to collect Brazilian weave money na by bedroom grinding alone? Abegi! Dat is not y we are hia o!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank:
sweety nobody says u're going to ur beau's house to do chores, NO! u're goin to spend time with him, yet it is not "unnormal" if u decide to help him out with a few things, its not something u do everyday anyway. its only a little way of telling him u love and appreciate him IMO

You're going to spend time with him, not with his house.
If you enjoy doing one-sided house cleaner, good for you.
Does he help you in your own house?
I mean, is your husband not going to help keep your house together?
Let me tell you something, most successful marriage aren't built on wifey material and lazy husband.
Both side works together to keep the house looking beautiful.

All these desperate "I must be a MRS" girls of nowadays lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
Acidosis:
Its so unfortunate, some 9ja girls treat their parents 'anyhow' but these same girls would do anything, I mean anything for a strange baby boy..
I tell you. Some of them can't even cook for their parents or help them with laundry. They can only nag and grumble. They can't lift a finger in their own houses. Charity begins at home. If you want to know a good wife, watch how she relates with her own family. Som men sha! Smh...

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by vandarsar(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Or could be you're too glued to your parents.

Caracta: Personally, i don't like playing a different role. I'm not a wife yet, but i can help out once in a while. However, i am not a great fan of cohabitation. I can't live with a man i'm not married to.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Let me tell you something, most successful marriage aren't built on wifey material and lazy husband.

Doing chores don't exactly interprete "I must be a mrs". I personally do it cus it's part of me. But, on top say I dey do am no mean I go tolerate bobo wey no fit lift spoon o! Lai Lai! What can fa? Emi omo Chineke boi! Ko Jo!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Acidosis(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
vandarsar: Or could be you're too glued to your parents.

would u allow ur daughter live with a man who is yet to pay her dowry?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Caracta:
I tell you. Some of them can't even cook for their parents or help them with laundry. They can only nag and grumble. They can't lift a finger in their own houses. Charity begins at home. If you want to know a good wife, watch how she relates with her own family. Som men sha! Smh...
Hehehe..iLaugh! Some gals do it at home cus it's part of d rules @ home. If ur papa dey feed u, dem born u well make u no sweep hin house?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Doing chores don't exactly interpret "I must be a mrs". I personally do it cus it's part of me. But, on top say I dey do am no mean I go tolerate bobo wey no fit lift spoon o! Lai Lai! What can fa? Emi omo Chineke boi! Ko Jo!

Lol then no problem, come and do my chores since it's part of you. Abi.
Do you do your friend's chores while you're at their place?
Let's be honest, you do it for him to show him that you're primed for a Mrs Title.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Girls in Naija, shey you hear am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@eagle
If your gf is a live in gf, then she ought to do what she'd do if she lives in her own home. Both of you needs to contribute to the house's upkeep.

Ah ahnnnnn that's another case nau

my girl is not a live-in lover. She likes spending weekends and some of how off days in my house.
The funny thing is that I never asked her to do anything for me (just as I have never asked others in the past). She did it and is still doing it because she feels like and she knows that I appreciate what she does for me. Moreover she knows I can pay for those things she is doing, so no biggy.

Am just concerned about those other guys that don't have the liver to talk to a girl and set the ground rules or for girls that will come with attitude cos we are dating.

I once had a girl, who said that "she canid then I will call". Needless to say, she is now my ex though she has not given up "using her airtime to call me to see if we can still go on a date, even on 14th of this Feb". She is now remorseful, but I have moved on.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
Caracta:

wow! l never thought of this.. thanks let me go and examine it...
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Once again, you're not making sense, not that I was expecting you to.
What else should I expect from an obese man who waits on his azz for a chic to come and babysit him?
Please park well somewhere.
Simple ironing you can't do. Then what are you good for as a man, talk less of as an husband?
Looks nko? Shey you atleast get am? I doubt it.
Be an independent man. Learn to care for your own needs.
You think any chic wants to be shackled with a lazy azz man whose home smells like an elephant's shooiiit?
Did you read my post or you read someone else post and used it as a yardstick against me ...i personally mentioned that i do my ironing myself simply because i have this feeling that ladies wouldn't do it well since it's a masculine outfit and as for being obese? mbanu!!! i'm very very fit, ordinarily the nature of my....wouldn't let me become obese even if i would love to grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
vandarsar: Or could be you're too glued to your parents.
Say whatever. I can't live with a man i'm not married to. Simple!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Acidosis(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
chikeorji123:

wow! l never thought of this.. thanks let me go and examine it...

My guy find out ooo! some girls fit slap their mama...
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nuzo1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
We seem to be mixing the issue up.
Different methods work for different people.

I for one never allows my dates to help me out with chores. I just don't feel comfortable with it. Could it be that I've never dated somebody I really loved or that mom shared chores equally between my sisters and I when we were growing up?

In choosing my wife this year, my girl has to be good with house chores even though I won't let her do it alone after marriage.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by deeplow: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
A woman is always supposed to be neat...in as much as I don't support leaving everything for my woman to do,I still expect her to do everything when they need be done.a woman who can comfortably sit with a man in a dirty room,get water from a dirty kitchen,bathe in a dirty bathroom,eat in a dirty house is not good enough to be a wife.cleaning is supposed to be a natural thing for women...so,I see no big deal in it(as long as u are doing it willingly,not cos he orders you to).
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by anitank(f): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Doing chores for MY MAN makes me desperate?? lol!

pls can i ask u....
1) Do u have a boyfriend?
2) Does he have an apartment of his own or he's squarting with friends? grin
3) If the answers are yes, What exactly do u do when u go to his place?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.
u must be one of the most inteligent girls in this nairaland, dont mind dis shakara girls, they are just too lazy.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

my girl is not a live-in lover. She likes spending weekends and some of how off days in my house.
The funny thing is that I never asked her to do anything for me (just as I have never asked others in the past). She did it and is still doing it because she feels like and she knows that I appreciate what she does for me. Moreover she knows I can pay for those things she is doing, so no biggy.

Am just concerned about those other guys that don't have the liver to talk to a girl and set the ground rules or for girls that will come with attitude cos we are dating.

I once had a girl, who said that "she canid then I will call". Needless to say, she is now my ex though she has not given up "using her airtime to call me to see if we can still go on a date, even on 14th of this Feb". She is now remorseful, but I have moved on.

As long as you both have a healthy relationship where you clean up without waiting for her to clean up.

It's not about affording a cleaner because no condition is permanent. Learn to take care of yourself.

Truckpusher: Did you read my post or you read someone else post and used it as a yardstick against me ...i personally mentioned that i do my ironing myself simply because i have this feeling that ladies wouldn't do it well since it's a masculine outfit and as for being obese? mbanu!!! i'm very very fit, ordinarily the nature of my....wouldn't let me become obese even if i would love to grin grin grin

Ok, I was in the Mr. NL thread when you posted your picture. Dude you look like you swallowed a baby elephant so stop that "I am fit" mess. grin
Since you do your own ironing, why you dey open mouth vex because she's not doing it?
Since you can iron, continue ironing. Don't make it an issue.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by anitank(f): 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Bebe, u better liv dat omo queen Elizabeth alone. As d babe dey so,na she dey trim her bofy anuz hair.infact, na teeth she dey use shine d bobo shoe. Na2day? U think to collect Brazilian weave money na by bedroom grinding alone? Abegi! Dat is not y we are hia o!
lol no mind them. Tomorrow dem go begin cry say e leave am go marry one wowo geh for village grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba Omoge/Ileke Idi, you don come again with yabbings. grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank:

pls can i ask u....

1) No I do not
2) He shares a 10 bedroom appartment with 10 friends.
3) When I go to his place, I relax.

Does that help your psychoanalysis? wink
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank:

pls can i ask u....
advice her because i don't see why she is so bitter abt this whole thing,though don't be surprised she is not really like this in real life cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
Truckpusher: advice her because i don't see why she is so bitter abt this whole thing,though don't be surprised she is not really like this in real life cheesy cheesy grin grin

If I'm bitter, are you not worse?
No be you dey vex because she no fit iron your pata? grin
I dislike the whole "if she does not cook and clean for me, she is irresponsible" lazy mentality that you Nigerian men display.
She aint your mother. Go tell your mother she aint responsible while you lazy about.
Let us know the kain which igbati method she used; open plam or back slap?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Acidosis: would u allow ur daughter live with a man who is yet to pay her dowry?

In 2013? Some folks are still paying dowry? Chei. So women are still properties in some parts of Nigeria?

If I have an adult daughter, I will always give her advise as a parent, but she can live her life however she wants to. Even if I don't like her choice, I have to respect it.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

It's not about affording a cleaner because no condition is permanent. Learn to take care of yourself.

babe if na curse, stop am ohh. Which one be No condition is permanent. You dey pray make I no fit get even small money wey I go take pay dry cleaner and the one wey I go take chop ni?

moreover, I was away in a boarding school fromt he age of 10. Spent six years in boarding house taking care of myself, spent five years in the university taking care of myself. Spent one year of National service taking care of myself.

So why will I want to depend on a woman to start taking care of my needs at this old age.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

As long as you both have a healthy relationship where you clean up without waiting for her to clean up.

Ok, I was in the Mr. NL thread when you posted your picture. Dude you look like you swallowed a baby elephant so stop that "I am fit" mess. grin
Since you do your own ironing, why you dey open mouth vex because she's not doing it?
Since you can iron, continue ironing. Don't make it an issue.
and you actually taught you've seen my picture..now i know you're just one of those 16yr old children that got access to the internet....go read your books and stop staying up late to argue abt issues you know nothing abt.....if you really want know me i sent you a pm reply if you're confident of yourself. cheesy cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

If I'm bitter, are you not worse?
No be you dey vex because she no fit iron your pata? grin
I dislike the whole "if she does not cook and clean for me, she is irresponsible" lazy mentality that you Nigerian men display.
She aint your mother. Go tell your mother she aint responsible while you lazy about.
Let us know the kain which igbati method she used; open plam or back slap?
You get badt mouth sha !!! cry cry cry
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
Truckpusher: [size=18pt]and you actually taught you've seen my picture[/size]..now i know you're just one of those 16yr old children that got access to the internet....go read your books and stop staying up late to argue abt issues you know nothing abt.....if you really want know me i sent you a pm reply if you're confident of yourself. cheesy cheesy

So you posted fake pictures? Why is this not surprising lol.

lol abi you dey disclaim your own pictures now? grin

Fat Albert with no self-confidence. I pity you.

Go and take care of yourself. You aint a baby.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Dated For 11 Years / Bride Points Gun At Groom In Wedding Day Photoshoot / Nigerian Lady Gets Mercedes Benz S Class As Birthday Gift From Boo (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.