Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,109 members, 7,890,685 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? (25196 Views)

Maybe Am Naive And Obsess / Am Confused With Marriage. Pls, Help!!! / Gold Diggers Are Driving Me Crazy With Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by polokor60(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
biolabee:

ERRRRRNG!!!
dude i have nothing against her
She opened a thread abusing Nigerian men and she was told yes we value marriage here and we love it
Obvious thats not what she wanted to hear

Also you can read the slasher thread for more info where you see the psychotic women we have around here in action
https://www.nairaland.com/1231205/wife-poisons-stabs-husband-death

If u no wan marry , no be by force na tongue
Give it up.obowumi was faster and she has done nothing wrong with her previous comment.she is a free thinker,marry! marry! marry! is not the major priority of everybody.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
polokor60: Don't give anyone the pleasure to assume he/she is getting on your last nerve, how much less in an online forum.

yeah your right but honestly... ppl with this kind of thought process really baffle me. His way of showing his african masculinity is by making the african woman feel inferior that is intelligence to him
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by biolabee(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
polokor60: Give it up.obowumi was faster and she has done nothing wrong with her previous comment.she is a free thinker,marry! marry! marry! is not the major priority of everybody.

And that is acceptable, she should leave those who will die with their hubby na
I said as much

Are you sure you read this thread
I am surprised you claim her points of view were interesting

Marriage no be by force na tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by biolabee(m): 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
adabeke12:
yes it is. like chinua achebe said if u no like watin u dey read... go and write your own haba!!!!

Its shameful you are quoting such a literary luminary with your mouth
RIP Sir
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
biolabee:

And that is acceptable, she should leave those who will die with their hubby na
I said as much

Are you sure you read this thread
I am surprised you claim her points of view were interesting

Marriage no be by force na tongue

gone are the dayz when a man is intrested in a woman, but he doesnt know how to say it... instead he starts to irk her nerves. that was done in elementary school darling. and no i won't and can't be interested in a man like u. The way u think irritate me. Go and fall in love with somebody else pleasee. i will even pay for her bride price grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
@Biolabee

go find your Yoruba princess... hapum aka biko

everything u did was such a big turn offf.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by polokor60(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
ok peeps,let's call a truce.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by MMotimo: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
adabeke12:

gone are the dayz when a man is intrested in a woman, but he doesnt know how to say it... instead he starts to irk her nerves. that was done in elementary school darling. and no i won't and can't be interested in a man like u. The way u think irritate me. Go and fall in love with somebody else pleasee. i will even pay for her bride price grin grin

You nailed it! Now that you know the frustration, please be merciful! You can imagine the sexxxxual mental torture a person is going through when your brrreats enter the discussion from nowhere wink

By the way, you're too pretty to get into the mud with those whose oestrogen levels surpass testosterone. A pretty gal like you should be used to handling unwelcome attention from the opposite sex.

If you want the MALE view point on this topic, the hardworking, too busy, no-time -to-fight-women MEN of the Family section will eventually show, they just don't have time to surf Nairaland at all hours of the day and night, everyday.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by biolabee(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
hmm....
Before this nonsensical and puerile idea picks flight, i am not interested in anyone here and will never be interested in the OP

MMotimo i see your sly digs... well since you seem to have the testosterone that you believe i lack, carry Go cool grin
i hear semen business is booming ....

Im cool like that
ish
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
MMotimo:

You nailed it! Now that you know the frustration, please be merciful! You can imagine the sexxxxual mental torture a person is going through when your brrreats enter the discussion from nowhere wink

By the way, you're too pretty to get into the mud with those whose oestrogen levels surpass testosterone. A pretty gal like you should be used to handling unwelcome attention from the opposite sex.

If you want the MALE view point on this topic, the hardworking, too busy, no-time -to-fight-women MEN of the Family section will eventually show, they just don't have time to surf Nairaland at all hours of the day and night, everyday.

u r actually right. i get to passionate at times smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 12:56am On Mar 23, 2013
biolabee: hmm....
Before this nonsensical and puerile idea picks flight, i am not interested in anyone here and will never be interested in the OP

MMotimo i see your sly digs... well since you seem to have the testosterone that you believe i lack, carry Go cool grin
i hear semen business is booming ....

Im cool like that
ish

den go away
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by SisiKill1: 2:43am On Mar 23, 2013
Choi! I'll give a tooth to see some men carry on with other men the way they do with women.

Any takers? It's good tooth ooh! I proooooomise! Che. . .check it out. . . . grin

Nice huh? I know!! cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 2:45am On Mar 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Choi! I'll give a tooth to see some men carry on with other men the way they do with women.

Any takers? It's good tooth ooh! I proooooomise! Che. . .check it out. . . . grin

Nice huh? I know!! cheesy cool

Lmao... I feel you
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 23, 2013
MMotimo:

Lmao! All 24 freaking hours !!! Choi! grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by ximita: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2013
ol boy see post hidden everywhere ......

goes to OP profile .. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

oturugbeke..... cheesy grin grin

this year will not pass you by
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by dasparrow: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
adabeke12:

yeah your right but honestly... ppl with this kind of thought process really baffle me. His way of showing his african masculinity is by making the african woman feel inferior that is intelligence to him

@Bolded

That is how most Nigerian bred men are. They are chauvinists. And the way they act online is the way they act in real life. When I was in Nigeria and I was taking public transportation, you hear Nigerian men make hateful utterances about women. It also irks them when they see women driving in nice cars that they the men cannot afford. Nigeria is a terrible hostile country to live in if you are a woman.

As to why Nigerians obsess with marriage, well I think it is due to a number of reasons:

1. Many Nigerians cannot afford a balanced 3 square meal or even a nutritious meal. By forcing people to get married, Nigerians can be assured that they will get to eat rice and meat and have something to drink each Saturday and even pack food home for their battalions of hungry children.

2. Nigerians rarely travel the world for tourism purposes like the whites do. So Nigerians depend on weddings and birthday parties as an avenue to socialize and have fun. We don't have sea world, Disneyland, six flags great adventure and other great theme parks in Nigeria like in the USA. So the only option Nigerians have is to attend social functions like weddings where they will be free food and drinks and where they can eat and drink themselves to stupor. So if more and more people don't get married, they won't have free food to eat or pack home anymore and they won't have an avenue to socialize and have fun.

3. There is a saying that misery likes company. Believe it or not, most Nigerians are unhappily married - as evidenced by the high rate of domestic violence and high rates of infidelity occurring in Nigerian marriages - and secretly wish they were still single. As a result, they put pressure on single men and women to get married so that the single folks will join them in their misery club. Don't you see all the crazy threads in the family section? Married women worrying about their loose v*a*g*i*n*a after child birth and what not. They know fully well that their husbands can dump them at anytime for a fresher, tighter younger v*a*g*i*n*a and there is absolutely nothing they will be able to do about it should that occur since there are no laws in place to protect women in Nigeria.

So these are some of the reasons why I think Nigerians obsess with marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by LordReed(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

That is how most Nigerian bred men are. They are chauvinists. And the way they act online is the way they act in real life. When I was in Nigeria and I was taking public transportation, you hear Nigerian men make hateful utterances about women. It also irks them when they see women driving in nice cars that they the men cannot afford. Nigeria is a terrible hostile country to live in if you are a woman.

As to why Nigerians obsess with marriage, well I think it is due to a number of reasons:

1. Many Nigerians cannot afford a balanced 3 square meal or even a nutritious meal. By forcing people to get married, Nigerians can be assured that they will get to eat rice and meat and have something to drink each Saturday and even pack food home for their battalions of hungry children.

2. Nigerians rarely travel the world for tourism purposes like the whites do. So Nigerians depend on weddings and birthday parties as an avenue to socialize and have fun. We don't have sea world, Disneyland, six flags great adventure and other great theme parks in Nigeria like in the USA. So the only option Nigerians have is to attend social functions like weddings where they will be free food and drinks and where they can eat and drink themselves to stupor. So if more and more people don't get married, they won't have free food to eat or pack home anymore and they won't have an avenue to socialize and have fun.

3. There is a saying that misery likes company. Believe it or not, most Nigerians are unhappily married - as evidenced by the high rate of domestic violence and high rates of infidelity occurring in Nigerian marriages - and secretly wish they were still single. As a result, they put pressure on single men and women to get married so that the single folks will join them in their misery club. Don't you see all the crazy threads in the family section? Married women worrying about their loose v*a*g*i*n*a after child birth and what not. They know fully well that their husbands can dump them at anytime for a fresher, tighter younger v*a*g*i*n*a and there is absolutely nothing they will be able to do about it should that occur since there are no laws in place to protect women in Nigeria.

The crazies were bound to come out of the woodwork.

Drawing caricature stick-men doesn't make you a van Gogh.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by ximita: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
@dasparrow

is this an attempt at satire
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
ximita: @dasparrow

is this an attempt at satire

I doubt it!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 3:28am On Mar 25, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

hahahaha..... this post killed me...oooo my ribs!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 3:44am On Mar 25, 2013
obowunmi:

hahahaha..... this post killed me...oooo my ribs!! grin grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 3:51am On Mar 25, 2013
My love, I want to be exclusive to you alone - how can we make this work? tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 3:58am On Mar 25, 2013
obowunmi: My love, I want to be exclusive to you alone - how can we make this work? tongue tongue

No such thing as making it work... Itz already to late. Lmao
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 4:00am On Mar 25, 2013
adabeke12:

No such thing as making it work... Itz already ti late. Lmao

why now? cry cry cry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 4:02am On Mar 25, 2013
obowunmi:

why now? cry cry cry

u made your bed so now u will lie on it wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 4:03am On Mar 25, 2013
adabeke12:

u made your bed so now u will lie on it wink wink wink

what bed? those things on your chest are my bed.... soft suckable pillows... kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 4:07am On Mar 25, 2013
obowunmi:

what bed? those things on your chest are my bed.... soft suckable pillows... kiss kiss kiss kiss

lmaooo... those r for my husband

ur bed is made of thorns. lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 4:10am On Mar 25, 2013
Don't worry by the time that I buy you anything that you want. You will know who owns what? Those tits are mine
angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 4:11am On Mar 25, 2013
you seem like a heart breaker? cry cry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by adabeke12(f): 4:24am On Mar 25, 2013
obowunmi: Don't worry by the time that I buy you anything that you want. You will know who owns what? Those tits are mine
angry angry angry

lai lai to lai lai. only my bobo(husband) go dey suck am say te he tire wink

u can buy me everything and plz give me your atm card but u will never c my boobs

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years / Badagry Records 30,000 Failed Marriages In 9 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.