Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,909 members, 7,909,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 02:25 AM

Pat Utomi For President In 2007? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (21292 Views)

Poll: if Pat Utomi contests, will you vote for him?

Yes: 77% (111 votes)
No: 22% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Afam(m): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2007
@Icon,

Rotational presidency is wrong, it is not democratic but in Nigeria today we have not gotten to that stage where regional, ethnic or tribal issues are supposed to be non issues yet.

The idea of Falae and OBJ contesting the election that brought in the 1999 administration is still part of the larger picture here, keeping Nigeria one and stable for the time being.

@Bankole01,

Thanks for even explaining my position better. It seems some people are simply clueless when it comes to reality, they keep talking as if they think with their left legs.

@Lewa,

On Utomi, I do not need to read about him because I have heard so many things from his own mouth (not on TV or radio) that makes him unsuitable for the presidency.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by IKUGWU: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2007
I am proud of you all. We are almost there and the elections are almost here. Let us intensify this campaign. Carry go!!!!!!!!!!!PROF.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2007
Can Pat Utomi Deliver?
This thread started with a topic that interested me and when I peeped in, I saw totally different talk. sad

In fact, my answer is YES, Pat Utomi can Deliver!, and in every capacity.

I dont see what d talks about rotational presidency has to do with it.
Personally, I dont see Buhari or Y'Adua as a better option. The former had been there and as far as we are concerned, the main "action" personality was Idiagbon; Y'Adua on the other hand is, as far as I can percieve, a papa's boy!

Or shld I mention Uzor Kalu or Atiku; no dont faint, I wont. grin

So, what are we talking about then?!
Let's talk about ISSUES here. It's about time we left the old "reality" ways and did things the right way.
We can indeed JUST elect anyone from Nigeria, no matter his/her sectional or geo-political background. It wont start tomorrow if we dont start it NOW!

My point is that, as the current YOUTH of this nation, we owe it to our FUTURE, to the generation un-born this singular act of VOTING right, VOTING well, VOTING with a focus.

The Future is not tomorrow, nay, the FUTURE is NOW!

Pat has began his TV "shows", so we'll definitely hear & see more of him.

For me, I'll vote for Pat and he'll definitely win.
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ All hands in d air for the 2007 President Utomi!

Cheers
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by monkeyleg: 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2007
Hey Tony,

I am more concerned that Pat is not getting the sort of visibility he deserves. How can we enhance that?

As for North, South rotation, that might be the status quo, but what I believe is that the time for change is now. So Afam stop analyzing it the way you are. Reality also says that Nigerians are very hungry people right now and deserve a change. So forget all this reality bullshit and deal with the real issue on the ground, and that is how we can all come together for a change.

God help Nigeria
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by lewa(m): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2007
People should be courageous in addressing those that expose their benightedness, cheap pot shots typify certain compatriots
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by enigmatic: 4:39am On Mar 06, 2007
nigeria issues are bigger than this men, we need an intelligent rascal man to lead us, may be abacha would be better for democracy
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 4:52am On Mar 06, 2007
Yeah we need him to help take our Country forward.Pls vote wisely
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2007
monkeyleg:

. . .I am more concerned that Pat is not getting the sort of visibility he deserves. How can we enhance that. . .?
God help Nigeria

His visibility actually is also my concern.
I am not too certain what his team are doing about it.

I wish there's a way to get a positive drive on the aspect of his visibility.

Cheers.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Afam(m): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2007
monkeyleg:

As for North, South rotation, that might be the status quo, but what I believe is that the time for change is now. So Afam stop analyzing it the way you are. Reality also says that Nigerians are very hungry people right now and deserve a change. So forget all this reality bullshit and deal with the real issue on the ground, and that is how we can all come together for a change.

God help Nigeria

The problem is that you are only looking at this issue from one perspective, not the complete picture.

That the North allowed an all Southern presidencial race in 1999 was not a mistake, it was a calculated effort to ensure the stability of the nation which is far more important than all the grammar.

Unless we are talking about another country I fail to understand why you ignored one of the very controversial issue in Nigeria today which is ethnicity and the attendant suspicion that comes with it.

The time for change may be now but you must take a holistic view of what is happening to begin with.

Ok, let Utomi go the Northern states and tell them why they need to vote for him. You complain about visibility when he does his campaign on the pages of newspapers, TV and internet.

If he had honest advisers by now they should have told him that a Southern presidency for now is not feasible.

I am an Igbo man and would also want a Nigerian president from South East but with the reality on ground today rotational presidency still makes sense until such a time we all will decide how best to govern ourselves.

Those supporting and telling Utomi he can win are like those telling Atiku that come May 29, OBJ will hand over to him. Lack of sincerity.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by adconline(m): 9:18am On Mar 06, 2007
please Rimi and  Barnabas Gemade contested and lost. Why do we  keep doing things that have not benefited us in the last 47yrs will not benefit us in the years to come. I am for rotational everything. Resource control to Niger Delta, equal political opportunity to politically less advanced states (S/E and S/S) like educationally less advantaged states in the north.

Why does power have to rotate between South/North? Do we not have Six geopolitical zones? Why don't we have a president from a zone for one tenure and five VPs from other zones each with a ministerial portfolio? I'm tired of political nonsense that is unwritten. People say gentleman agreement,  Didn't Nigeria agree on 3R's for S/E after civil war? Didn't Nigeria agree on Niger Delta development? What happened to these written and signed agreements?  Why does Nigeria need to obey an "agreement "that does not exist?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2007
I think he can deliever
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by tng(f): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2007
Utomi has the pedigree to run as president more than any other pretender to Aso Rock,

And what is that pedigree? That he is a professor?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Afam(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2007
tng:

Utomi has the pedigree to run as president more than any other pretender to Aso Rock,

And what is that pedigree? That he is a professor?

Help me ask the man that bragged about Utomi's pedigree.

@adconline,

I must admit that your suggestion makes sense as regards looking for a way to resolve this power issue but until we do so the surest way to maintain a stable nation for now is to allow power to rotate between the North and the South.

If we push for the 6 geopolitical zones then it means that either the North or the South can hold on to power for a possible 24 years.

We must fashion out a way to solve our political problems, I guess we have been importing a lot of things including governance.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2007
May be a "Committee" should be inaugurated to fashion out a home-grown governance style for Nigeria, creating a new Ministry of New Governance wont be a bad idea either!

Did I hear someone say "National Constitutional Conference"?

That is more the reason we have to over look the PDP; it's old/former (disgruntled?) members who moved to other parties (ANPP, AC, etc) and elect a different individual, IRRESPECTIVE of the current or agreed Geo-political zoning.

I wonder whether democracy is for us the citizens of NIGERIA, or for a few select individuals who always try to hold the whole country to ransom.
Approximately, the people who have been in the corridors of power are less than 1 million, i.e less than 0.5% of the 140million Nigerians, and as learned as most of us are, we are STILL being HELD to ransom by these few under different guises: Rotational what-the-heck!

Change cant will definitely NOT start tomo if we dont stand up and make our case now!
The FUTURE is NOT tomorrow; the FUTURE is now!

What we make of our today uploads into the future!

I believe in Miracles, and I'm sure many Naija-rians still do!

Those who believe that UTOMI can deliver shld all cast their vote, and wait for it to get counted!

Nothing stops us all, both learned, enlightened or otherwise, to stand up and say NO, we have elected this person and stand by it.
June 12 was botched, well, that was a military era, but this is Democracy-to-Democracy!

I still believe the RIGHT time to act is NOW!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by lewa(m): 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2007

And what is that pedigree? That he is a professor
Help me ask the man that bragged about Utomi's pedigree
Compared to Buhari,Kalu,Bafarawa,Atiku, Yar'adua!This is not about being a professor. That idea is just plain silly.This is not the forum to be rehashing the man's resume.Anyone familiar with corporate Nigeria would know Pat and as it is now i have nothing further to say.
Those supporting and telling Utomi he can win are like those telling Atiku that come May 29, OBJ will hand over to him. Lack of sincerity.
Haw haw!Good for you.The man has every right to aspire and for those wishing the best for the country at large are at best not sincere?You come and once in a while advocate the reason why lobotomy is excellent for people needing it.So what is wrong in people wishing their principal well?You come across as a person that would swear on both scales,equivocal ,indeterminate,dubitable.Obj,quack that he is would not want a good leader to succeed him. The man scuttled the last Constitutional confab,wasted oil revenues,impoverished the nation and would gladly pilot the mantle of leadership to his ilk.If he was sincere about moving this nation forward,why not allow for an open election-not the chaotic scene we have now.Not to digress,OBJ would hand over to a fellow dunce,like he did in'79!Utomi might not win,as i have said earlier but it's a step in the right direction.Time for a new renaissance
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by BigB11(m): 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2007
Pat Utomi, a fine Nigerian, but a mere waste of time and energy; he will never win.

Not even close!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Mamajama(m): 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2007
why do you say so biggy?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by lewa(m): 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2007
Odeku !JEUN SOKE!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Mamajama(m): 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2007
omo boy bawo ni now, i dey town on the 18th. I dey go jamaica for spring break, holla make we party masa
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by monkeyleg: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2007
Afam,

Neither do I agree that letting the status quo will solve anything in Nigeria. I seriously doubt it would even guarantee the sort of stability you so suggest. The truth here is that this issue has to be brought out to the fore-front and discussed, and quite frankly that is what this gorvenment should have attempted to do this last 8yrs rather than dodge the main issues.

Wether we like it or not, Nigerians will need to take hold of the destiny of thier country, and vote right. Those who say Pat can not will, might be right, but I still believe in choosing right, and quite frankly except you have something that says he is not, in my estimate he is the best of the lot.

If w do not address this issue now, we will be faced with the same problem in 8yrs time. What I am asking Nigerian to seek this time around is a change, we must have a change if not I am very certain that Nigeria will be worse off in 8yrs time. To be frank the only possible compromise I can accept is an Utomi / Buhari candidacy. I am begining to believe that this might be a compromise worth considering, But maybe I am wrong.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by lewa(m): 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2007
K!Would be in town then.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 2:12am On Mar 07, 2007
lewa:

Compared to Buhari,Kalu,Bafarawa,Atiku, Yar'adua!This is not about being a professor. That idea is just plain silly.This is not the forum to be rehashing the man's resume.Anyone familiar with corporate Nigeria would know Pat and as it is now i have nothing further to say.Haw haw!Good for you.The man has every right to aspire and for those wishing the best for the country at large are at best not sincere?You come and once in a while advocate the reason why lobotomy is excellent for people needing it.So what is wrong in people wishing their principal well?You come across as a person that would swear on both scales,equivocal ,indeterminate,dubitable.Obj,quack that he is would not want a good leader to succeed him. The man scuttled the last Constitutional confab,wasted oil revenues,impoverished the nation and would gladly pilot the mantle of leadership to his ilk.If he was sincere about moving this nation forward,why not allow for an open election-not the chaotic scene we have now.Not to digress,OBJ would hand over to a fellow dunce,like he did in'79!Utomi might not win,as i have said earlier but it's a step in the right direction.Time for a new renaissance

Nice talk.
Big B1:

Pat Utomi, a fine Nigerian, but a mere waste of time and energy; he will never win.

Not even close!

Never underestimate cos he might win.I know it tight tough
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 8:00am On Mar 08, 2007
[size=18pt]Utomi for president[/size]
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On Mar 09, 2007
YEAH AM BEHIND YOU
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by debosky(m): 5:29am On Mar 09, 2007
not tight, impossible - he has no real penetration or name recognition amongst the masses of Nigeria
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 6:24am On Mar 09, 2007
I think he does among the youths.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2007
[size=15pt]It's this simple, if you don't vote for Pat Utomi during the election, then you must never complain about Nigeria till you are deceased. Yes I said, anyone that doesn't vote for Pat Utomi should not say anything negative about Nigeria or criticize the government in any manner. To disobey this order would be very hypocritical, and although the action would not be punished it would clearly highlight that the offender is the lowest form of life from on this planet[/size]
This is not a joke, or some stupidity from me, this is reality----------BELIEVE IT--------
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Yinkabic(f): 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2007
I will definitely vote for Pat. But I really wish our votes will count. It seems there is a lot of apprehension about Pat been the right person. But I believe there is not rule that says he can't do it. even though one may have to agree that there is a lot of challenge ahead WHEN HE MAKES IT TO ASO ROCK.

I also hope that when he gets there he will bring together all the brains we have in this country and out to contribute there quota to making Nigeria great. I will also like to say he must definitely invest in EDUCATION. We just are not going to get anywhere if this sector is only supported abt 16% by the government it is ridiculous for a country that is dreaming of growing in 2020!! VISION WITH OUT KNOWLEDGE> What a vision.

Dr Pat . We are strongly behind him, hoping also our votes count.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Yinkabic(f): 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2007
i am quite worried about Pat's Visibility as well. I was quite happy to see him twice on NTA network but since then i have not and each time I just read a few lines of somthing about him in a CORNER of GUARDIAN . Please we have to create more pubicity to the market women, taxi driver, etc i try to do this when talking politics to sample opinions not many people know Pat. Please there is still time to do more.

I also agree that if we don't vote in Pat if our Vote counts I don't know were we are heading for. I think the whole world will want to do business with Nigeria if Pat is voted in. People will have more confidence in the Nigerian economy.

I will definitely Vote him in hoping my vote counts.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by debosky(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2007
Running Nigeria has never been a one man show, Pat doesnt have the structures or the base to run the country

even if he won, he could be made a lame duck president if the national assembly refuses to cooperate.

he needs to build wide spread consensus and support, his way of going about it will not succeed

your vote will not be of consequence in this case, Pat cannot win, he is unknown to the masses, he has no political base, all he has are ideas and lofty words, which are good, but not enough to win any election.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 4:36am On Mar 14, 2007
debosky:

Running Nigeria has never been a one man show, Pat doesnt have the structures or the base to run the country

even if he won, he could be made a lame duck president if the national assembly refuses to cooperate.

he needs to build wide spread consensus and support, his way of going about it will not succeed

your vote will not be of consequence in this case, Pat cannot win, he is unknown to the masses, he has no political base, all he has are ideas and lofty words, which are good, but not enough to win any election.

Pat will be successful if voted in.Lets be positive about this things even though i know you are saying the truth.
dblock:

[size=15pt]It's this simple, if you don't vote for Pat Utomi during the election, then you must never complain about Nigeria till you are deceased. Yes I said, anyone that doesn't vote for Pat Utomi should not say anything negative about Nigeria or criticize the government in any manner. To disobey this order would be very hypocritical, and although the action would not be punished it would clearly highlight that the offender is the lowest form of life from on this planet[/size]
This is not a joke, or some stupidity from me, this is reality----------BELIEVE IT--------

Yeah thats just it.If we waste our votes this time around too bad.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2007
If you vote and your vote don't count, then what is the reasonable thing to do, cry like a little baby and say No!! the government is so mean, some people need to stand up for themselves.

This is your battle

I make it sound so easy, don't I angry angry( who do I think I am)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos / Delta APC: Court Upholds Election Of Omo-agege, Other Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.