Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,804 members, 7,972,876 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:15 PM

Pat Utomi For President In 2007? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (21387 Views)

Poll: if Pat Utomi contests, will you vote for him?

Yes: 77% (111 votes)
No: 22% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2007
ubamu2029:

. . . How much were you paid.

Well, what can I say!
Someone indeed has a great passion again Utomi!

Paid? who? where?
I guess it's about time we quit the pay-for-vote method of Election.
Thus far, all the people who paid to get voted only paid themselves back by looting our country.
[center]-----------------------------[/center]
We so much want to copy the certain foreign countries in many things, why can't we emulate them and for once, even if this once, to elect an individual that has integrity.

There's no way u can expect something good to come out corrupt politicians. NEVER!. We will only get promises, but we might end up with another 8 years of nonsense rule.

Fellow Nigerians, for once, let us show allow our heads to decide for us, not our pockets.

I still strongly BELIEVE that UTOMI can get this job done.

NIGERIA, by beloved country, really needs a change!

A Paradigm change!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by WhoAmI4(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2007
Well said my brother!
Its about time.

In fact I have a Theory:
The alternatives to positive change are not very attractive.
Those who have 'owned' Nigerian politics and selfishly exploite/plundered Nigeria's resources so far must be intrepid at the prospects of confronting the burning issues facing Nigeria at the moment
1. Revenue derivation
2. Ethnic and dissatisfied groups Uprisings
3. The Ire of an increasingly aware youth population- seeking a change
4. The expectations of the whole world from this sleeping Giant.

Things cannot just go on - business as usual
I believe this is the turning point- The make or Mar point. The point of elastic limit.
If Yar adua, Atiku or some other vision less charlattan succeeds or is bold enough to install himself, then they will inevitably bear the brunt in the inevitable PURGE.

My Theory is that we are getting to that stage where people without a visionary and widely acceptable RESTORATION plan will not be courageous enough to come out to contest.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2007
This man represents a generational paradigm shift so he has my support.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2007
Many people of our generation have come to realize that OLDER politicians can only serve as ADVISORY COUNCIL as Elder Statesmen and will be much more respected that way.
They have "tasted" power one way or another.

It is THAT TIME to have a change; to have a shift of expectations.

Let's VOTE IN a person that, for once has the GENUINE, HEART-FELT support of the people.

Someone that feels the people have decided to ELECT him on the basis that the people believe he has something to offer.
We have long gone past the time when politicians promise to "Mine WATER in the Deserts", "fire" Nigeria through NEPA, just to "confuse" the people to part with their vote.

The Question now is:
For those who don't feel that 'President' PAT UTOMI is the man for May 29, 2007;
Can they sincerely search their conscience and look themselves in the EYE and can convince themselves that any of other candidates can and will truly deliver any of their promises?

We all have to answer this same soul-searching question:
"Can the person I have chosen as my presidential candidate TRULY and POSITIVELY make a change for the better in NIGERIA?"

The Change is HERE!

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by manmeta: 1:39am On Feb 11, 2007
nirron1:

Ioma,our style of politics in Afica is not yet ripe for pure intellectual of his kind.

Dear Nirron1,

One thing the buffoons we call politicians have succeeded in making us believe is that as Nigerian individuals, we, our votes and opinions don't count. They've rubbished us to the extent we don't believe we have rights as citizens of the same country we claim its nationality. They believe they can force anything or anybody on us.

This is the battle we have to fight!!! We should let them know we COUNT!!! Enough of having kangaroo elections where results'd have been determined!!! No one can try rigging elections in Lagos to the extent that they will succeed because Lagosians are emancipated and they know who they vote for. Why can't this be expressed on a national level?

It's high time we witnessed a paradigm shift - away from these looters, killers and dictators who have no values, ideals and ideas.

Let's welcome Pat Utomi and many more like him. Don't let these corrupt, clueless thiefs fool us any longer that we don't have a say in changing the polity.

We have, we can and we will!!!

God bless Nigerians!
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by WhoAmI4(m): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2007
Niiron,
Well said Brother!
God Bless you!
You have hit the nail on the Head!
The challenge is now for the eduacted youth to translate this message in simple, very clear and unabiguous terms to our brothers on the streets: The Mai suya mallam in sokoto, the okada rider in Ibadan, the spare parts trader in Nnewi, the market woman in Yaba, and every single Nigerian of voting age whom otherwise is still carried away by false promises.
Recall the days of VOTE for HOUSE & CORN (Gidan da Masara)NPN or more recently VOTE For Umbrella PDP
The masses are exploited by corrupt & vision less political office seekers who unfortunately are recognized by their people as Gatekeepers and influencers of public opinion.

In my opinion the most pressing and urgent social project for the next president is that of Enlightenment for the poor masses, then a Massive Behaviour Change Campaign would be next on the agenda.

Special focus on the Northern region - A new Education law should make it illegal for any child under the age of 18 to be out of school during school hours. Breach of the law by any parent should be punishable by DEATH!
Its High Treason, Sabotage of the child's and country's future. Of course it is up to the Nationa Assesmble to decide.
This law must be religiously enforced for the next 20 years.
Peace and God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by manmeta: 12:03pm On Feb 12, 2007
Dear WhoAmI,

my joy knew no bounds when i read ur different views on and responses to the Nigerian political landscape, dream and the status quo. I for once found a like mind - a deep one for that.

Remember what Obafemi Awolowo said in his biblical explanation of great minds: "Only deep calls onto the deep" The sage couldnt be more right - likewise u!

We should use this one-time opportunity to organise "deep minds" to chat a new course for this great nation called Nigeria. We couldnt have had a better opportunity when most of our armed robbers cum political leaders are engaged in melodrama and confusion!!! let's take advantage of this and enlighten ourselves on this.

I think we really have to listen Pat Utomi. Check: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2502240648675966627&hl=en

U'll hear a man who really has thot deep on the Nigeria we all desire.

Posterity will judge us all for our actions and/or inactions.

WhoAMI, could we meet on a personal basis? I'd really like us to rub minds together.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!! The labours of our heroes past shall NOT be in vain.

Me,

Manmeta
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2007
I'm OVERWHELMED by the sincere and strong support this generation has for President UTOMI

And to make sure these SPLENDID posts/comments in this forum do not unnoticed, how can these informations & contributions be brought to the attention of the The Utomi for President Campaign team?

I think it's URGENT!

Bcx I've not seen much of his/their/the effectx around.

Cheers.

"President" Pat UTOMI, come May 2007.
Tony.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by manmeta: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2007
Tonyblu,

I do agree with u that we have to see how we help push our notions and ideas to the Uncle Pat's campaign group. Going by the polls that was raised on Utomi's on nairaland, the responses have been more favourable than otherwise.

Knowing that nairaland is not a political front and not every1 here really supports Pat Utomi and his "white man idealogies", i'll still want to suggest to the moderator (or any1 concerned) on how we can get this discourse across to Uncle P's website.

This might be where the revolution will start from!!!! remember we r almost 1 million individuals in nairaland alone!!! who says we don't have a say? we do, fellow compatriots.

God bless our beloved country.
God bless our hearts and hands.
God bless Nigeria!!!

Compatriotly,

Manmeta
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by monwuba(m): 12:40pm On Feb 12, 2007
It is onething for Pat to contest and win this election and it is another for him to be declared winner wink
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2007
monwuba:

It is onething for Pat to contest and win this election and it is another for him to be declared winner wink

@monwuba:
I get your drift, but I dont think the goons will get away with something like that so easily this time around.

Hope u know how MEND (Niger-Delta) is scaring them shitless.

Probably something "larger" might surface if such stunts is tried.

I believe Nigerians have gone past that point of being blackmailed by a few political hoodlums.

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by manmeta: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2007
Tonyblu:

I believe Nigerians have gone past that point of being blackmailed by a few political hoodlums.

Tonyblu, I can't agree with u more!!!

Manmeta
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2007
I want to be a part of Pat Utomi's campaign team; any suggestions or direction
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2007
otokx:

I want to be a part of Pat Utomi's campaign team; any suggestions or direction

Try this:
http://www.patutomi2007.com/

Cheers.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2007
posterity will never forgive us if we don't give people like Utomi a chance to serve us.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by 50kobo: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2007
I'm a lil bit confused , on his website, Pat Utomi says he is running under the ARP, but this article says he is the presidential candidate for ADC. Are they the same candidate?

Anyone have a list of candiates in the ADC party?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200701230405.html
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2007
@50KOBO
Politics in Nigeria is to get one confuced this is to say you are not the only confuced person, I am also.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by WhoAmI4(m): 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2007
Hi guys,
If you support Pat Utomi for President, try to visit his official website and leave your comments on the blog there:

http://www.patutomi2007.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=40

You can also
1. Join the campaign team
2. Donate to the effort
3. Make suggestions for improving of different aspects of the Nigerian state.
PEACE!

ManMeta, its okay to communicate here for a while! Cheers!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by IKUGWU: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2007
Fellow Compatriots,
I wish to suggest a strategy for mobilization of support for Pat Utomi.
I read from one of us that the members of this discussion group is up to 2 million people and if we give a not-too-misguided statistics about our discussion on the presidency come 2007, I think the pendulum is in favour of Utomi at 70%. Can all the committed members of this group form an attractive campaign slogan and convincing spots and forward same to at least 100 of his friends and folks both home and abroad? Imagine the possibilities!!!!!imagine how many people we will bring into this revolution train!!!at worst, a 50% of our effort will pay. Make sure the people you communicate this with are people that know, trust and listen to you and challenge them to send same to as many as 100. I assure you, we are on our way to victory. Even if Pat comes out as an independent candidate, i am sure with the tactical disqualification of Atiku, the lame image of Umaru Yar'Adua and the military background of Buhari, we are inching close to the promise land.
Let us sustain this battle, because it is a battle not only for our generation but for generations yet unborn. Look at it! My governor is accused of having 172 houses when the poor masses  and very educated people are looking for loan to change their OKADA The OTA farm and BELL universities of these past 8 years are products of what belongs to me and you.  OUR GENERATION MUST NOT  TOLERATE THIS.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2007

Good IDEA!
PERSONAL OR INDIVIDUAL NETWORKING!

Time is FAST Ru N N I N G!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 8:46am On Feb 17, 2007
Any Nigerian that cares about Nigeria will vote for Pat Utomi, any Nigerian that cares one tiny bit about his/her ancestral land will vote for Pat Utomi. Forget Ethnicity, vote right

Pat Utomi must win 2007. It may be unlikely but I think he can win.
Great things await this nation if that man can win

[size=15pt]Vote Pat Utomi[/size] [size=15pt]and do the right thing[/size]
If He loses 2007, let it be becuase of a rigging and not becuase you chose wrong
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by progwiz(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2007
[/color] [color=#000099]Utomi is sure a candidate who possess MOST IMPORTANTLY the GOOD WILL, but there are several grounds to fight before he can get there , at this time the sure weapon of victory is ,if we Nigerians make the right decision by voting rightly just like the time of MKO Abiola,  that was a sincere choice made by the real Nigerians .Let's make the revolution

MKO's case is not a religious decision ,not ethnic decision nor a party decision !!!(PDP)!!!
but a CASE of SINCERE choice made by true Nigerians
it shows that Nigerians knows & wants the truth .

We can do it again , please let's do it
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by IKUGWU: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2007
One thing that struck me about the Utomi Magic is his educational policy. Imagine the possibilities!!! Some of us whose parents are teachers know what we had to pass through life with the meager income that serves the family from one month to another. The age of running chalk around a tuber of yam must end. the age of watching our revered teachers wear worn out shoes must end. Teachers from Anambra state have not forgiven Mbadinuju for holding their salary for close to a year. How else could we stop teachers' absence in classroom, numerous handouts, result buyouts but to pay these teachers more than those that sign contract at Abuja. If it worked for Uganda, it will definitely work for us. The achievement of the Millennium Development Goals for Nigeria is tied around our ability to achieve human development through horizontal capability building. Writing on the Latin American experience Gustav Ranis and Frances Stewart observe that when economic growth precedes human development, the result is always a weak human development and consequently poor progress towards human development improvement and a decline of economic growth along the same line. (Economic growth and human development in Latin America).
Here is the man with the solution. He is not going to do a magic, but i am convince he is going to teach Obasanjo what reform actually means. Who said BABA KNOWS IT BEFORE NOW?
VOTE PAT UTOMI, VOTE MASSIVE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT THAT WILL ENGINEER OUR ECONOMIC GROWTH
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2007
IKUGWU:

One thing that struck me about the Utomi Magic is his educational policy. . .
. . .VOTE PAT UTOMI, VOTE MASSIVE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT THAT WILL ENGINEER OUR ECONOMIC GROWTH

So much talk out there about Human Capital Development (HCD); but how can we put d Cart in-front of the Horse and expect progress? How far can we go with HCD when our Educational Policy is in shambles?
How can we expect GOOD economy, good moral values when the people (teachers) who are supposed to imbibe these values into us, into our children, are left to suffer?

Take a look at what's happening on-campus, and even in secondary schools now, where lecturers/teachers have had to "help" students pass their exams; since one way or another they'll get some financial rewards to take care of financial needs that their insufficient and infrequent salaries can't handle.

The FUNDAMENTAL development of any society, the GROWTH of any Nation depends HEAVILY on what the teachers have been able to inculcate into children & youth of that Nation.

The Child Psychologist will inform you that by the time a child is 15 years, his/her mind has formed to an advanced stage.
If by this time, proper training, guidance, moral values are not rightly and timely imbibed in that child, then woe to that nation.

Teachers' welfare is an issue that SHOULD NOT be played with any longer!

In essence, we have to always put the growing children & generation unborn into cognizance when casting our votes; we have to elect such a person that will put "our future" as a nation into perspective.

For the past EIGHT odd years, we have seen what these crop of political looters have done to our beloved country, and have given NOTHING in return.

It's time for a drastic SHIFT from bogus promises.

Let's all VOTE for UTOMI.

He's the CHANGE!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2007
monwuba:

It is one thing for Pat UTOMI to contest and win this election and it is another for him to be declared winner wink

Naija-rians are indeed changing!
MEND is pulling it's stunts.

A few days ago, Abuja experienced a MASSIVE traffic jam from Nyanya to d main Abuja city!
[the military pensioneers should have also blocked-off Kubwa express and Airport express too! grin]

It seems like u can push Naija-rians to d wall anymore!
He will retaliate.

We can't cast our votes now and it'll be rigged and we'll stay quiet, I strongly believe that time has past.

Anyway, I still dey support 'President' Pat UTOMI.
GBAM!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 2:46am On Feb 18, 2007
How can i get his campaign hand bills to start distributing it in Port Harcourt?
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 3:26am On Feb 18, 2007
I have never heard about Pat Utomi until I followed the links to his web site and watched the video clips.

I can say I've never seen any Presidential candidate speak about issues with so much knowledge and understanding. He has a solid plan for the country and seems sincere and trustworthy.

How do you rate his chances in the election (50-99%?). Is he well-known in the country especially in the North where many of the candidates are from.

Since many of you think he is good (I reckon), it is not too late to use this board to get his messages across. If he does win, he promised to keep Nigerians abroad engaged in his regional development project (as he called it). As a businessman, I am looking forward to the new creative ideas he is proposing.

Ride on Utomi and Goodluck, Sorry, I won't be around to vote for you.

I wish him goodluck.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by progwiz(m): 4:09am On Feb 18, 2007
From shutmouth:- Ride on Utomi and Goodluck, Sorry, I won't be around to vote for you.
   I wish him goodluck.

@short-short-mouth ;
  !!!!![Sorry,I won't be around to vote for you]!!!!! :-That statement is not impressive/encouraging ,it is better kept to your self than said as "anyone can ve excuse for no deed"
even if we have a genuie excuse of not being around we should not publize it ,as it is not a campaign gospel to those around .
and this isn't a case of
"wish him good luck" ,Utomi is not doing this alone ,we all are
so let's not "wish" but let's effect the good luck to Nigeria by doing & saying the right thing

I stand to be corrected!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 4:35am On Feb 18, 2007
OK, I am sorry, I did not mean to undermine your efforts.

I meant if I was in Nigeria, I would have voted for him. Next week, I will inquire from the Nigerian Embassy here, to know the voting arrangements for citizens. I will definitely vote for UTOMI.

He seems in my opinion the ONLY candidate that has the qualities, experience and INTELECT. The fine qualities I have been describing and championing on this board since I joined few day ago.

I strongly advise young Nigerians to vote for him as he is a role model.

Note: Please, let me know if there are anything I can do to help with the UTOMI Campaign (not financially to avoid the EFCC). I have instructed my editorial staff to give him FREE publications on our NEWS sites.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by progwiz(m): 4:49am On Feb 18, 2007
THUMBS UP 2U shutmouth   wink
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 5:46am On Feb 18, 2007
I have spent the entire night researching on internet about Pat Utomi and there is a lot written about him.

http://www.europe4nigeria.com/

Wole Soyinka endorses Utomi
Gani rejects zoning (Supports Utomi)

It's endless! You may ask, where have I been all these months? I completely lost interest in Nigerian affairs for many years because I was sickened of corruption. Ribadu's impressive actions got me to love my country again.

I came to Nairaland, without any idea who the current Presidential candidates are. I cared less. I came here to support the efforts of Ribadu hoping he would clean up Nigeria for a better politician to emerge in future (Not from the current bunch).

I did see on the board the name PAT UTOMI pop up many time (having the highest thread visits/replies) but I was uninterested. Then suddenly tonight, I curiously entered the thread to investigate and I was surprise to see PAT UTOMI having the highest votes.

I immediately proceeded to his site to investigate further, and listening to the video clips. There I saw a man who meets all the requirements as a President.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will win the election if the youths (as they continue to embrace him now) come out in great numbers to vote for him.

I am happy he has taken the bold step to contest and sending out his message fast. Definitely, I am for PAT UTOMI.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 5:47am On Feb 18, 2007
The Guy ought to win wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 PDP Federal Lawmakers Decamp To APC / Dokpesi, Senator Bala Mohammed, Other Drag Buhari To Court / Kyari: FG Files 24 Charges, Seizes Mega Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.