Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,358 members, 7,971,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:06 AM

Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder (30963 Views)

Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery / Fashola Blames Lagosians For Delayed Projects / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by badesco(m): 10:52am On Mar 02, 2013
baby_123:
The question you should ask yourself is must you comment? If fashola doesn't react to things that happen in Lagos, why is he the governor? Take a nap and come back to reread this your post.

May be you should ask yourself too that must u respond to people's comments? No.... And in a democratic setup there is freedom of speech, so keep your opinion to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by OmoTier1(m): 10:54am On Mar 02, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Once again, I say you keep quiet if you don't have any tangible response to my post...
Am I actually bothered by your display of uncultured behaviour? Absolutely not. Glorified criminals like you often front for their pals whenever government out In place measures to checkmate their activities.

Show us your statistical numbers that indicates that robbery in Lagos is carried out more with cars than on commercial motor cycle then I will take you serious. I asked you a potent question viz; How many power bikes are registered as commercial motor bike with "red" plate numbers?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by OmoTier1(m): 10:55am On Mar 02, 2013
tomakint: What a dumb statement from 'Mr Eko o ni baje' and some thugs in the house are calling Jonathan all sorts of names! Well, Fashola is warming up as a better candidate for APC come 2019 till then let's wait and see undecided
I know you are not intelligent enough to comprehend at article after all PEJ is your school head, so one can pardon your reasoning tongue

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1: This statement goes to show Fashola's sophistication in governance. Here in the UK and even in the US, you often see and hear politicians use an incident to promote a government piece of legislation and to drive home their message why it is highly needed. And it helps keep the issues at the fore front and people continue to discuss it and expose themselves towhat the legislation is all about. It has achieved success for most of these politicians down here and no doubt this is exactly what Fashola was trying to do.

His message about community policing by the citizen is very important. A situation where some particular people will go to the village and bring 15 people back with them to lagos to come squat in the name of doing business, hustling etc and after a few days you can't find them anymore. Yet people are wondering why crime in Lagos is suddenly on the increase. Those that live in that neighbourhood should rightly inform the police and security agencies so they keep an eye on such peeps.

This was how people from Akwa-Ibom invaded the GRA in Benin with their brothers and sisters all in the name of squatting and doing Okada business during the day and the once very peaceful GRA with its lovely greens became a zone of constant robbery!

Thank you for your balanced comment, having said that what I find appalling about this lad death is the total lack of sanctity and respect for human lives usually displayed by fellow Nigerians. Firstly, the rate at which many now use their mobile phones to take gory pictures and post them over the Internet and secondly the way the corpse of this young lad was desecrated by being conveyed in a pick up van with no covering whatsoever, I know for sure that in many western countries even animals are usually given better treatment. What a shame!
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 10:59am On Mar 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Common sense is very rare innit? KIA, LASTMA, etc have their work cut out for them and they do not go about policing everybody. Beside, bikes are no banned in Lagos State, but are RESTRICTED from operating on major motorways. Why most of see problem with this I do not know undecided If Fashola comes out and ban Okada completely, folks like you will cry high heaven. Beside, Fashola did not blame Okada for the murder but merely highlighted the fact that the murderers had an easy way because of their mode of transportation which makes it difficult to track them down.

You're so shameless.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2013
This got me laffn real hard! I'm sure he gets his from a strt pharmacist that deals only on skunk.lol

rich$:
please introduce me to your supplier

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ayanfeeledumare(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2013
If Fashola can blame okada, I blame politicians too. Of course they use these cultist and agbero.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by gratiaeo(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2013
Friedrich080:

Mumu Boi

Sey na bike dey ride kill those people .. Mumu..
You are a BIG black FOOL
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Just go back and read that post again, you will find that Fashola never blamed Okada for the murder but merely highlighted that fact that again Okada was used by the killers of the young man. He also mentioned the medicl doctor who was killed by His assailants who rode on Okada. On the basis of His submission, it is obviously in His place to buttress his point about the legislation put in place to restrict the use of Okada and possibly the outright ban of it in the very near future.

Please go back and read that article again and ask yourself if Fashola actually blamed Okada for the death of the young man.

You know many won't bother to read the article before commenting, they already have their minds made up.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Ejiné:

You're so shameless.

Stop tripping even in advanced countries,you make phone calls during emergency to call in security.On a Nigeria level,fashola has done the right thing by creating state agencies for local policing and public compliant.Did anybody call lagos emergency code during the incident ?

It's only in Nigeria that you see security on the street with long rifles.SMH
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 11:12am On Mar 02, 2013
Demdem: Okada is surely one of the reasons why the killers easily escaped no doubt. I agree with fashola.

grin My broda... Looks like the cheque cleared, huh?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by ddeola: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2013
I think Fashola is becoming stale or how on earth can a governor of a state blame the murder of a citizen on okada? Mr governor,you are 100% wrong.Please we expect more intelligent ideas from you because we know you are not a mediocre. The murder of the young man should be investigated and the perpetrators shoiuld be brought to book shikena !

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by warrior101: 11:15am On Mar 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
We might be cruel for the sake of the millions who deserve to live in peace. I am sure (God forbid) when you become a victim of criminals who rob using bikes you will take a different stand, unless you are also a criminal who trade has been put out by Fashola's bold piece of legislation undecided No?

Lol... Each time i come across people like you, my mind just goes back to the likes of George Galloway. The only difference between youself and them is that you are a jobless nincompop. You should consider joining yahoo yahoo office and stop wasting your time here. Ttyl

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Stop tripping even in advanced countries,you make phone calls during emergency to call in security.On a Nigeria level,fashola has done the right thing by creating state agencies for local policing and public compliant.Did anybody call lagos emergency code during the incident ?

It's only in Nigeria that you see security on the street with long rifles.SMH

It does not change the fact that Fashola completely got it wrong here. In fact, this goof is so embarrassing.
Y'all are trying to downplay this because your man don shiiit for church carry Book of Hymns clean nyash.

Had this been Jonathan who blamed the numerous Boko Haram okada assasinations on Okada, Nairaland server for don crash because we no go hear word for una grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by true2god: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Sir, how is this buck passing? Making people see one of the evils of Okada, and using the guy's tragic death as an example to sensitize Lagosians who are against the ban, shouldn't be seen as buck passing!
U r wrong bro. Hav u heard of 'one chance' before. So commercial vehicles should also be banned cos on 'one chance' menance.

Our politicians are only insensitive, using an ugly situation to score a cheap political point. Thats all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Obijulius: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2013
Silence is golden...even when a fool keeps quiet.

This is one of the most foolish outbursts from a governor. If the killers had come in a car fashola would ban all cars abi

What does this guy do with inteligence fed to him by the Police & SSS? U begin to question the mental health of some governors. Let this Fashola deny that there is no SSS report on this issue? But he has turned this into an opportunity to support his policies.

Playing politics with lives of the electorate.

Forget what these buffons are trying to tell us, Lagos remains one of the least secure states in Nigeria. Armed robberies, legalized touts(Omonile), ritualists(Oro and get rich types), cultists. Fashola knows d truth.

All fingers point to this as d fallout of a cultist clash. We pity d bereaved family and pray that innocent citizens don't get caught up in dese clashes.

Fashola..face ur demons and stop being a typical coward.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Ejine(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2013
Anybody know of those guys who call themselves "Seadogs"? Are they cultists also?
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by texazzpete(m): 11:25am On Mar 02, 2013
For all his education, Fashola utters some m0r0nic statements sometimes...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by thelastPope(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2013
It is thread like these that really exposes these ACN sychophants as real hypocrites. They will always defend Fashola or anything ACN no matter what they do. While that is within their rights, their hypocrisy is exposed when they try to attack every other person and claim it is some kind of objective or non-partisan move.

They started out deliberately on this path but it seems they have actually reached a crecendo where they are actually begining to believe their own lies and propaganda. A state of psycological delusion! A phenomenon where you tell yourself a lie so much that you actually begin to live it out. At this stage, they will come online and type the most ridiculous stuff and still tag it as sane or superior or truth.

Little wonder Fashola is really doing stupid stuff when he is surrounded by such people. How can banning of Okada change the mind of a determined killer or cultist? The guy who was killed at anthony recently was murdered by an assailant who simply shot him, crossed the road, entered his car and zoomed off! When has it ever required Okada to commit a murder? Murders and roberries have been commited from time immemorial! They were commited on foot, with horses, donkeys camels, cars, skates, boats, name it. 32,000 people were killed by guns in the US in 2012. It is only from Fashola's mouth you here such dumb stuff like this that Okada is responsible for crime.

The only way to reduce crime is to put necessary security structures on the ground and to improve standard of living in society. Not to ban things! Pwew!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by warrior101: 11:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Ejiné: Anybody know of those guys who call themselves "Seadogs"? Are they cultists also?

Na who we go ask?
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 02, 2013
Ejiné:

It does not change the fact that Fashola completely got it wrong here. In fact, this goof is so embarrassing.
Y'all are trying to downplay this because your man don shiiit for church carry Book of Hymns clean nyash.

Had this been Jonathan who blamed the numerous Boko Haram okada assasinations on Okada, Nairaland server for don crash because we no go hear word for una grin

You are not making sense at all. . .all you are doing is tryin to punk him.

Put up a good arguement to show that okada is a sustainable policy ? The governor has proved beyond reasonable doubt that okada aids crime and has caused more deaths to the people of lagos .I was expecting those opposing this ban to come up with something meaningful and please,stop sounding dumb like the NRA who wants every insane American to own a gun simply because the 2nd ammendment permits them.

Bullshiit.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by talktimi(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Fellow nairalanders, I governor Bobotunda Roja Shofala have witnessed with great jigbijigbi the roforofo fight goin on between those who support me and my detractors tongue. Being a peace loving governor who wants all of you to believe our only enemy is in Abuja, I have therefore decided to enact new laws.

All okada hav been banned because una dey use am thief and kill cultists (not good at all)

All vehicles wether na danfo or taxi o even private vehicles hav been banned except my official cars + my wifes own because you sorry lot dey use am kidnap people and do one chance.

Everybody must trek like donkeys from now on, its acshually a very good excercise after all our forefathers did the same and dem no die.

All confra boys should go to the bush, drink pami, gyrate, hug and make up because I plan to use you guys for my forth coming presidential election come 2015.

If una make me vex, I go ban mainroad join.
Thank you very much ladies & gentlemen.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2013
talktimi: Fellow nairalanders, I governor Bobotunda Roja Shofala have witnessed with great jigbijigbi the roforofo fight goin on between those who support me and my detractors tongue. Being a peace loving governor who wants all of you to believe our only enemy is in Abuja, I have therefore decided to enact new laws.

All okada hav been banned because una dey use am thief and kill cultists (not good at all)

All vehicles wether na danfo or taxi o even private vehicles hav been banned except my official cars + my wifes own because you sorry lot dey use am kidnap people and do one chance.

Everybody must trek like donkeys from now on, its acshually a very good excercise after all our forefathers did the same and dem no die.

All confra boys should go to the bush, drink pami, gyrate, hug and make up because I plan to use you guys for my forth coming presidential election come 2015.

If una make me vex, I go ban mainroad join.
Thank you very much ladies & gentlemen.

There was never anytime okada was officially approved as a means of transportation.the menace found its way into Nigeria society during the hard times !
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2013
The article might have been titled 'Fashola blames Damoche's death on okada' but that just the view and conclusion of the writer. As far as I can see in the article Fashola was using the incident to justify his decision to ban okada not entirely blaming the incident on okada.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by OmoTier1(m): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2013
warrior101:

Lol... Each time i come across people like you, my mind just goes back to the likes of George Galloway. The only difference between youself and them is that you are a jobless nincompop. You should consider joining yahoo yahoo office and stop wasting your time here. Ttyl
Even your IP reveal who you are.. Criminal undecided an ignoble human who could careless to read an article and base his comment on a sensationalised headline can only be regarded to be in the class of Duns.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by baby124: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2013
thelastPope: It is thread like these that really exposes these ACN sychophants as real hypocrites. They will always defend Fashola or anything ACN no matter what they do. While that is within their rights, their hypocrisy is exposed when they try to attack every other person and claim it is some kind of objective or non-partisan move.

They started out deliberately on this path but it seems they have actually reached a crecendo where they are actually begining to believe their own lies and propaganda. A state of psycological delusion! A phenomenon where you tell yourself a lie so much that you actually begin to live it out. At this stage, they will come online and type the most ridiculous stuff and still tag it as sane or superior or truth.

Little wonder Fashola is really doing stupid stuff when he is surrounded by such people. How can banning of Okada change the mind of a determined killer or cultist? The guy who was killed at anthony recently was murdered by an assailant who simply shot him, crossed the road, entered his car and zoomed off! When has it ever required Okada to commit a murder? Murders and roberries have been commited from time immemorial! They were commited on foot, with horses, donkeys camels, cars, skates, boats, name it. 32,000 people were killed by guns in the US in 2012. It is only from Fashola's mouth you here such dumb stuff like this that Okada is responsible for crime.

The only way to reduce crime is to put necessary security structures on the ground and to improve standard of living in society. Not to ban things! Pwew!

What has the federal government , who is responsible for the welfare of the poor done for the poor? Has the federal government arrested the guy that stole all that pension money? Imagine robbing people who worked for over 30yrs for their retirement. These people's kids are now into all sorts, including using Okada to rob. When is the federal government going to stop focusing on farts like N4bn mission house and N1bn food. To actually acknowledge that standards of living are at the worst it has ever been recorded. Those poor pensioners dying everyday, with the federal government aiding and abetting their murderer to steal. How can a wanted thief just escape from the country without the help of the federal government. No effort to retrieve or capture this person. I have been reading your posts on Nl. You really shouldn't have written what you wrote up there as a paid sychopant.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by OmoTier1(m): 11:43am On Mar 02, 2013
Ejiné:

You're so shameless.
Is it glorified F-9ner like you I would even given reckoning to undecided Go back and read that article and point out anywhere Fashola blamed the death of the boy on Okada..
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by akyus(m): 11:43am On Mar 02, 2013
warrior101:

Guns don't kill people; People do...
Okada are the motorcycles used for commercial purposes, they are not people, and so don't kill too.
Re: Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder by aldotun(m): 11:48am On Mar 02, 2013
I beg to differ, okadas are banned, lots of other motorcycle with higher engines are not, even heard there is an approved one by Lagos state Government, is fashola saying those ones can't be used to perpetrate crime?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ariaria Market, Aba / NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives / Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.