Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,345 members, 7,904,366 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 12:33 PM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (553176 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
@plainmirror...I bi only secretary "2"?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ezeebube2(m): 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
One hundred and fifteen thousand, five hundred and sixty-three(115,563) views and still counting.
Mehn i've never seen any story raking up such amt of views before on nairaland, not even oga seun's rules!
Flow, u bad gan!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Ezeebube2(m): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
texanomaly: @plainmirror...I bi only secretary "2"?

just an oversight, i guess he meant Assistant Secretary 2 or so i tot! grin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ezeebube2:

just an oversight, i guess he meant Assistant Secretary 2 or so i tot! grin
I guess I can live with that. smiley
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ezeebube2: One hundred and fifteen thousand, five hundred and sixty-three(115,563) views and still counting.
Mehn i've never seen any story raking up such amt of views before on nairaland, not even oga seun's rules!
Flow, u bad gan!!
Congrats Flow! Love, love, love this story...Tex
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by johnwizey: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Flow don go drink again abi were him D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by pcaliphate(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Flow! In brevity, you have a powerful Compos Mentis. Thats makes you, E Pluribus Unum.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
pcaliphate: Flow! In brevity, you have a powerful Compos Mentis. Thats makes you, E Pluribus Unum.

You got it right! Flow is the one out of many.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Cashkhiid(m): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Flow I dey gbadun una oh oya come flow make we follow.... *dancing atilogwu*
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Tex: (quietly Chanting) Floweeee, Floweee, Floweee, we seek thy presence. wink
Flow: (startled, looks around) What the....
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Tony's gym had increased in weight. The dumb-bells had become heavier, the barbell had also become heavier. Maybe it was because it had been long since i carried them last.

Tupac carried the barbell lying on the bench with so much dexterity, while i started coiling with the dumb-bell. That was what an experienced local "gymer" like me was suppose to start with. The program for local gym Nationwide was: Coiling with dumb-bell first, then benching with barbell, and finally pull-over with barbell.

Soon Brainbox joined Tupac benching, while i continued coiling.

"Brainbox why you dey shine your teeth na, shey na your teeth dey carry the gym?" I said to Brainbox.

"guy you no know say if i shine my teeth e go give me more strength to carry the gym well well" Brainbox said.

I will never forget my friend Akputu way back then. The guy's teeth always worked out with him whenever he was working out. Little wonder he had mighty teeth. Him smiling in the dark could scare the living daylight off someone. He was the Vampire i had seen.

Working out was his best food, little wonder he had the manly curves of someone that works out regularly. His second best food was Akpu and Okro soup. That was how he got the nickname Akputu. What a funny nickname.

It is only in the barracks that you will hear funny nicknames like: Fishboy, Akputu, Itirebor, Bros Sanu, Messosis, Kpata nla, Loud speaker, Na lie, Old age, Dog head, Captain Akamu(CA for short), Piss and Kunu(twin brothers), KuliKuli For All(KFA for short), Agama, Mangala, amongst others.

"this bench no good oh, e dey shake" Brainbox complained as he lay on the bench carrying the barbell.

"guy bone that thing, e good, no be me and you dey gym on top am? instead of you to talk say you no get power to carry, you dey talk another thing" Tupac said and smiled.

His smile reminded me of the late American rapper Tupac Amaru Shakur, he was really his look-alike; bald head, well built, six-pack, and straight nose.

Seeing Tupac's six-pack, i counted mine, and it was still seven-pack as it had always been since i started working out in my early teenage, three packs on the left and four packs on the right. Maybe the one pack that added to make it seven was "Jara" from God.

Jara isn't a football club by the name Jara Fc or Jara United, neither is it a Television station by the name Jara Tv, it means an extra of anything paid for that is given free of charge for the asking.

"guy you resemble Tupac wey dey sing oh" I had to say.

"Tupac na my senior brother na, i wan even write 2pac as Tattoo for my right chest, just like the type wey Tupac write for him chest the time wey him dey alive" Tupac informed.

"and them go shot you five bullet for your chest just like them shot Tupac" I nearly said.

I had finished coiling, it was time for me to bench, both of them had also finished benching, so we swapped.

What Brainbox complained about the bench was true, it was shaky.

As i benched, i prayed the bench wouldn't destroy leaving me and the barbell to sort ourselves. And what happened in 1999 wouldn't repeat itself.

What happened in 1999? You would ask.

June 23 1999 was Agama's first day at the gym, which happened to be my birthday, i was giving myself a birthday work out along with my friends. Then came the lanky Agama. He ordered us to serve him the heaviest of the barbells.

We were shocked.

But because Agama was our senior, we had to obey him, we never knew working out wasn't done by seniority but by strength.

To our surprise, Agama carried it lying on the bench and we started counting 1.2..3...4....5.....6...... And the last straw that broke the Camel's back or rather the last straw that broke the Camel's chest was when he tried raising it for the 7th time.

The barbell landed on his chest.

We all ran with our feet touching the back of our head.

I thought Agama had died.

When i got home, i slept from 5pm till the following morning. That kin by force sleep na.

I woke up in the morning to hear that Agama was rushed to the hospital. Who removed the barbell from his chest? Is a story for another day. What happened the next day is also a story for another day.

The barbell created an indelible mark in Agama's chest, making him have Nine-pack.

As Brainbox and Tupac continued coiling, i supervised them, correcting them where the need be.

As i stood close to Brainbox as he coiled, i heard; "craaaaaaaaaaak!!".

"yeeeeeeeaaaaah! Flow! Flow!! my hand don break oh!!" He cried.

He hastily dropped the dumb-bell. Guess where it landed?

His left foot.

Like what happened in 1999, i ran. Tupac also ran.

But onlike in 1999 we ran home to call the others.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by plainmirror(m): 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
*singing obago-phyno*
Ife balaba abago X3
Owuru na okweghi ibe
Itee ya vaselin nwanne.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Psaalmuel(m): 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
flowey enuf of u adding wot hapnd in past yrz na,jezt ride on wit d main jazz.. ;Dflowey enuf of u adding wot hapnd in past yrz na,jezt ride on wit d main jazz..
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Psaalmuel: flowey enuf of u adding wot hapnd in past yrz na,jezt ride on wit d main jazz.. ;Dflowey enuf of u adding wot hapnd in past yrz na,jezt ride on wit d main jazz..

No wahala, i will do so. But as i write, i tend to remember the fun memories of way back then, thats why.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by heskeyw(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Psaalmuel: flowey enuf of u adding wot hapnd in past yrz na,jezt ride on wit d main jazz.. ;Dflowey enuf of u adding wot hapnd in past yrz na,jezt ride on wit d main jazz..
^ chill bro, here *passes him some weed*
have a drag, you'll feel REAL GOOD in no time. *grab the weed* drag it**coughs* damn is dis a mexicanweed? *sniff air*
where did u get dis shiit 4rm
i feel so good..
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by heskeyw(m): 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
shit happens but life goes on..........started frm d bottom now we're here @flow
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Psaalmuel(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
flow1759:

No wahala, i will do so. But as i write, i tend to remember the fun memories of way back then, thats why.
Aiit man,thumbs up
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by mukoloAndy(m): 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
[/quote]As i held the huge bunch of money Madam Ifeoma gave me as our pay, i almost cried.

Tears of Joy, because the last time i held such huge amount of money was when i went to pay my final year school fees.

Tears of joy. -LMao
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by vision2050: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sleeping dose please wink abi na 12 as usual?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by chuks000(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Has flow decided nt 2 continue wit d story?? **need 2 knw wia I stand, wether hia or my newspaper**
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by TVTKOKO(m): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
FISH BOY i hail thee
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by yemi2plus(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
flow1759:

flow try read my story na
https://www.nairaland.com/1314002/2go-love-story
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
chuks000: Has flow decided nt 2 continue wit d story?? **need 2 knw wia I stand, wether hia or my newspaper**

i guess you are asking that because you are new in this thread.

you better go back to your newspaper.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
June 23 1999 was Agama's first day at the gym, which happened to be my birthday,

aha! June 23...Is this the day you will stop the story? Abeg no stop cry. Start another if you must stop. wink
My birthday June 8. smiley BTW I like it when you tell us things you remember grin
Maybe you show me this 7th pack when I come to Nigeria wink LOL

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Madawaki01(m): 5:38am On Jun 08, 2013
@oga flow,afta dis,u shud write a story about ur childhood in d barracks,it wud be so funny
like dis post if u tink so

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 8:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Dis ur 7packs self, hw e b?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2013
thumbz up.kip it up
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by omoadeleye(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2013
Dis story Dan dey dull oo, no ginger again

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Rapmaestro(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2013
omoadeleye: Dis story Dan dey dull oo, no ginger again
it seems u don't know where market dey? Go buy Ginger na, infact buy chilli too.. As if u can write half as gud and interesting as this.. I SMH 4 d pesin dat liked that post.. Is it dat easy?

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
omoadeleye: Dis story Dan dey dull oo, no ginger again

no be only Ginger, na Gallic.

You dey talk your mind sha.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by bammo: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2013
Thanx man. Keep up d gud work

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.