Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,903 members, 7,922,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:58 PM

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (65212 Views)

Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by adexsimply(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
fredie107: wats wrong in using "My Boss". and for not knowing the website of the organization he heads, SACK..
CATEGORICALLY speaking, i cant ansa that question

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by RanchOwner: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
Instead of using a vernacular sentence such as highlighted in the interview, "my oga at the top".
A better response would have used the words, 'my superior', 'my line manager', or even 'those in hierarchy' etc...
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by zeefa: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
Stp askng me wen I'm getin married,wen its tym,"my OGA @d top wil alert me" I cn't announce one date nw&my oga @d top says anoda. :p

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Sike(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
And the funniest joke award 2013 goes to....... MY OGA AT THE TOP. Thatzall !!!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by madjune(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
I'M SURE ACIDTALK SHARES THE SAME TRIBE,THAT'S WHY THE IMAGE LAUNDER. THE MAN'S BLUNDER IS TESTIMONIAL TO THE "PADDY PADDY GOVT" WHICH CONTINUES TO BEDEVIL OUR POLITY. HYPOCRITES LIKE ACIDTALK DEFENDING THEIR ILK CAN ONLY SLOW THE COMING REVOLUTION.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Neddyogu(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
emmysenior: At op! I understand your patriotism, however, life's too short not to laugh at such ignorance and shameful act. Worrying about the current state of corruption in NAIJA won't save the day, rather, you proffer concrete curative and preventive measures. See! @op! Right now, I can't tell one solution & my oga @ the top say another thing. Daz all.
u're so on point. Le'em worry about a country neck-deep in corruption even before i was born. Abeg 'Oga on top' can i stop laughing now?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by 5much(m): 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
D garri group has parked well, now my oga on top group.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Pls before I say Goodnight Nlers, let me ask my Oga at the Top tongue
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by lairblack(f): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
NubiLove: I need to consult with my Oga At The Top to see if I should stop laughing... cheesy
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hahahahah lol; you got it; that'll be one in town for his oga at the top.... grin grin grin
kunletiwoo:
Ehen! Did you just say "Next Time"? He won't even dare it in his entire life. The truth is he doesn't even know about the Internet, let alone what a domain name is... "www.nscdc *coughs* that's it"... Blhahahah!!! grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by kemasdaniel(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
Na wa 4 we 9ja ppl o,can't we 4get about dis joke and think of somtin better,anyway,make my oga @d top no go talk sometin differ....
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by 1ndidi2(f): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
*My oga on top* has come to stay! I may walk into any org. And say: gooday sir,I'd like to see your oga on top
Or
Most women esp. Igbos normally call their husbands-my oga.The next thing now is just to add*on top*
Or
If you want to communicate something with som1 and u don't want to talk because your boss is around,just *point your index finger up twice or more and give a dry cough* the person will understand that my oga on top is around

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hahaha Lol; I'll join you too; but I’ve got to ask my oga at the top what colour to buy.... cool grin
Smartie gurl: Abeg i wanna buy a clothe boldly printed "My oga at the top" No dulling nd datz all!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by shine12: 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
My contribution to this issue is that, the man should have confessed He doesn’t know it or say He will confirm the website during a commercial break.

For example if your department is Project managing within a company, I don’t think you are obliged to know the recruiting website, for an HR personnel, yes very compulsory.

I don’t believe Executives, Managers, Directors know the recruiting websites of their company, if they know, absolutely good for them. I as a person cannot tell you the name of the website of the company I work for off-Heart. I will have to confirm it.

The mistake He made was trying to force His way through what He doesn’t know and made a ridicule of Himself on national TV.

As for the “my Oga on top” phrase, very funny, cant stop laughing, but Hey, that’s the English He understands, How many of our Nigerian graduates can be interviewed for 30 minutes and not make any blunder. I’ve heard a graduate call a Radio station during a programme and His grammar includes as-in, se you get, me I don’t know o etc. every 10 seconds.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by McGeorge1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
jhydebaba: Celebrating mediocrity embarassed mtsheeew, when our best product are lying idle in the slum, these opportunists are misusing opportunities given to them on a platter of gold.

♏v̶̲̥̅ oga jus called and asked ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ organise a comedy show tomoro and title it...........♏v̶̲̥̅ Oga At The Top. I no wan argue o so dat ♏v̶̲̥̅ oga at d top will not say another thing o...emm emm. Daz all.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ngozievergreen: Plus,get ready to wear Aba made, 'My oga at the top' designer clothes and bags

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by zarkknight(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
Una sure say dis no be nollywood actor Francis odega abi dem just resemble? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by wwwdotnscdc(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk:
When a certain Nigeria Civil Defence Corp bigwig appeared on Channels Television some days back, a tsunami of various kind of jokes swept the entire airwaves and social media on how the guess kept on referring to his boss several times as "my oga at the top" and how the man basically doesn't know his organizations website address.

People of all ages and class had various Display Pictures on their Blackberry Phones, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking websites.

The mistake we all are making is we aren't concerned if the man was able to give substantial answers to vital questions thrown to him, example is clearing the air of the allegations made by the public that the agency is deep into job racketing.

If after posting dehumanizing jokes, graphical and video image on the man from National Civil Defence Corp it doesn't still bring abount accountability and transparency in the agency, then who is now the big fool? Is it the Man who kept praising "his oga at the top" while still getting kick backs from job racketing and other corruption based practices or the masses who were once making jest of the officer and are still jobless and with no hope of getting a job.

Nigerians should also realize they are doing the Officer more good than harm. Nigeria is a nation operated and governed on the basis of sentiments. Once you superior sees you as someone who is loyal and cool headed, they overlook your very great flaws which may include ignorance, corruption and even sluggishness.

A man who came on National Television to keep showring praises at "his oga at the top" even while being made to look silly is no where a fool. He understand the "Laws Of Power" as well as the Nigerian Hirachy rules and regulations and his acting according to the script perfectly. No one should be surprised if within a few months, this man that is being made jest of today for his ignorance is promoted severally even before his promotion is due.

The current president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan is a typical example of someone who understands the Nigeria Policy. When his former boss and Governor of Bayelsa was facing allegations of money laundry and embezzlement by the EFCC and Bayelsa State. House Of Assembly, all indications were obvious of his boss impeachment and Jonathan rising to the number one seat of his state as Governor, he (Jonathan) was never in a hurry to take over power. He praised his former boss even after he became governor. Same scenario took place a few years later only this time he assumed the president of Nigeria. Yet with all the many flaws of Jonathan and his government today, never has once Jonathan come out to run down the late President Umar Yaradua or his policies while in power.

There are rules in leadership and followership and the number one binding rule is Loyalty.

For those mocking this man about not knowing his organization's website address, even though it won't stand as an excuse not to know it, do this people also realize that more than 95% of our present Bank CEO's do not also know their bank's website or slogan. Most Nigerian Senators, Honorable members, Ministers and Governors can't recite Nigeria's National Pledge not to talk of the Anthem.

Let's start tackling more inportant issues and look for solutions rather than being engrossed in irrelevant and nonbeneficial discussions.

Aburo,

gba marun e! Ori e pe sibe. If not that I dont wont acid to burn my already aged and wrinkled skin, I woulda given you an elderly hug. These uncouth jokes have to stop.

I have lost hope for Nigeria I tell you. Nonetheless sha, soonest recovery to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The giant of corruption in Africa.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by sharpman1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Who be this OP wey dey do like 'Oga at the top'?

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by JisolaMar(f): 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
chiboy11: Lol

I like the tops these babes r rocking! Where can i get my own MOATT tops....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Dubemkelly(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
@Op r u d oga @d top? I dunno wah u talking about niggur,my oga @d top has a final say 2 this...Datz all
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
cheesy LWKMD! This thread make sence dai!
@op I believe you've got 'my oga at the top' dancing aringo on a naked wire by now!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by opecis: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk: Most graduates who are having a filled day mocking the man cannot speak or write better if given the opportunity,

So many people almost give up the ghost when asked to speak to a few people and here is a man sitting right in front of various camera's knowing fully well that he is being viewed by over 170million people across the globe.

Instead of us mocking his grammatical flaws and lack of technological knowledge, let us ask ourselves if this man that came to represent his agency was able to do justice to clear the air of the corrupt allegations made against his organization or not.

There's obviously a very long way for Nigerian youths to go before getting off the grip of the present day politicians.
the man was chosen to come and represent his organisation and he rightly showed us the calibre of personnel there. why blame people for laughing off at his ignorance and stupidity rather than attack his organisation that displayed their dirtiness in public. because of people like him that is the reason many QUALIFIED graduate are still jobless. Let us make mockery of them to show them we know what they are worth-worhtless. If we have a president or superior officer that knows his onions he should by be calling for his credentials to hold such a sensitive positions. Places why capable hands exists do not just send anybody out to represent them but their publicity personnnels. If u walk into a bank and the first person u met as the branch manager cannot represent the bank with constructive English or logical reasoning, tell me if u will blame d people for not banking with them or the bank for having such a representative?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by shegeto(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
grin
oluwadare26: Ok, but b4 i make any comment on this..can i ask my Oga at the top?
grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
undecided.... Anyway I'l have to ask my oga @ the top before commenting..
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
"My oga at the top" just changed my "NaaA Kkk eeeD" to Unclad! Ona see say dis "oga at the top issue" will never go away!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Melahou(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
everybody may be a thief but its only when your are caught that you can be called a thief.
why give yourself headache our this issue.
how does it in anyway affect you.
am sure you are some how related to this co-called man.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by doctokwus: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
I av tried to restrain frm joining this conversation,but den I thought,what if "my oga at d top" asks me y av not contributed,what wud I say? So op,its because of "my oga at d top",I say to you:stop taking life too serious!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by VillageBoi(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
adexsimply: guy U don use lafta kill me o..where u get that useless video? hahahahahahhhaaa

Initially I called it 'Hair Growth Remedy' https://www.nairaland.com/1115590/hair-growth-remedy-super-funny
But now it is even funnier as a 'double-you, double-you dot cure'... that's all lol
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by fonssy(f): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
It is only my oga at the top that will stop people from laughing at this joke, afterall jokes were meant for us to laugh.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
e jamisi!!! what is this oga at the top about? please, i am a learner! undecided
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by igbsam(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
Wahala dey brew

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Simon Lalong, Plateau Governor-elect Refuses To Move Into N15b Government House / Pro-Biafran's Outfit To Diamond Bank In Enugu (Photos) / Moment The Ekweremadus & Their Doctor, Were Sentenced By UK Judge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.