Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,898 members, 7,922,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:11 PM

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (65208 Views)

Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by bababuff(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
Oga must hear this

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nasige(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
@ OP I would have said good write up.But u ar wrong it better we correct those useless OGAS since they don't want to do d right.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by hisawesomeness1: 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
The man has embarrased the whole nation and for that he should be purnished severely.A lesson has to be learnt here
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Adanyebe(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
WHY IS THE COMMENT SO VIRAL
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by malipalina: 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by liteville: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
These videos are freaking hilarious. Very nice 'single' and dance steps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0MeZbdDHkU

http://www.keek.com/!lIIvbab
Make sure you learn the steps here!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Lol...oh dear; I think he'll learn to prepare next time so that his oga at the top can be proud of him.... grin grin grin grin
kunletiwoo:

Hahahaha!I wish he never went for that Interview gan self sad smiley cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Tobbylobar(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
Anything wey una like make una talk...my oga at the top is watching una.. :-
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by davseun2ta(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
ewet: That is the irony of naija spot on. We can only talk and laff off serious issues without actually seeking to solve problems. naija is an unserious country and nobody is really willing to pay the price for change.
We think change will drop on our laps just like that for free.
I wasnt suprised or caught the jokes virus. To me that was typical naija. We are all guity of arse licking, ignorance,selfishness, greed, paddy paddy and every bad thing that will lead a country to destruction angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.

am sure you are loyal to your "oga at the top" thats why you are sounding this way.There is absolutely nothing you can do about it,REASON: you elected them there.
for a senior commandant not to know their website? my bro, its a serious one....THATS ALL!!!!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by EzePromoe: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
Smartie gurl: Abeg i wanna buy a clothe boldly printed "My oga at the top" No dulling nd datz all!!
I never knew how serious this 'oga at the top' thingy was before I visited Twitter, not only there, even on Facebook, on radio. It's 'oga on the top' everywhere. Before I thought it was another NL joke.
BTW, i'll have to stop here, so that my oga at the top won't get angry.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by malipalina: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
before "my oga at the top" would say something else the web address is
www.myoga@top.com
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by chucksbadt(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
[b]For some days now, the media has been over flooded with the phrase: “my oga at the top”, which emanated from the live interview @channels_TV granted Mr. Shem Obafaiye, the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps. (NSCDC).

Whilst so many have chosen to turn this to a joke, I think it should be an eye opener for us.

Now, let’s glean some lessons from this;

1. Be very conversant with the happenings around you at all times. Ignorance can be deadly!

2. Regardless of your qualification, strive to possess a Sound Interpersonal Communication Skill (IPC). This will prevent you from making incoherent presentations. He was unable to answer any question appropriately!

3. Regardless of the case, be calm, remain yourself. Don’t be too “Boss Conscious”. This was a challenge the man had. He wanted to please his Boss at all cost, hence, the phrase “My Oga at the top”. Refrain from worshiping people! ||« Respect all, fear none. Honor all, worship none! »||

SUBJECT OF RIDICULE: Shem has been a subject of jokes after his gaffe

SUBJECT OF RIDICULE: Mr. Shem has been a subject
of jokes after his gaffe

4. When asked a question and you don’t have an answer, please just open up by saying you don’t know. Better still, say you’ll get back to the person. This led the man to giving “ww.nscdc that’s all!” as the URL for his organization. Don’t EVER misinform people!

5. In this jet age, it will be highly calamitous to get ready. Please DON’T GET READY, LIVE READY! The man obviously wasn’t expecting the questions asked.

Bear in mind, that this same interview could have boosted Mr. Sham’s image if successful. ||« Sometimes, the path that leads to success may also lead to failure! »|| This is a lesson for us all!

[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Adanyebe(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
THAT'S NAIJA FOR YOU

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
sanb: Lol...oh dear; I think he'll learn to prepare next time so that his oga at the top can be proud of him.... grin grin grin grin
Ehen! Did you just say "Next Time"? He won't even dare it in his entire life. The truth is he doesn't even know about the Internet, let alone what a domain name is... "www.nscdc *coughs* that's it"... Blhahahah!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Smartiegurl(f): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I never knew how serious this 'oga at the top' thingy was before I visited Twitter, not only there, even on Facebook, on radio. It's 'oga on the top' everywhere. Before I thought it was another NL joke.
BTW, i'll have to stop here, so that my oga at the top won't get angry.
hehehehe! Is freaking hilarious mehn. Btw i gat to go arrange food 4 my oga at the top.......nd datz you!!
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by omartins(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
The man is a good politician because no politician will accept blame without reffering the fault to another. This remind me of former Gov. of Ekiti (FASOYE) interview on a program tagged 'meet your governor' all question directed to him was reffered to commissioners as if they are not answerable to him. This method of answering question as been for ages, why this seems to publicise is base on increase rate of social media. Those who doesn't watch it will have to find way to. I believe big error from another politician will give this natural death.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by elklehamite(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
This is what you see/get when there's clamor for certificate and not merit.This is the beginning of exposition of inadequacies of the leadership of the organization as we have heard that in this particular organization many went to get degree certificate because those having HND certificate holders who are more practical and sound on the job are relegated to the background by creating separate insignia for them along side with sssce holders thereby placing their degree holders colleaque ahead of them in the same organization.I think in the military/paramilitary where they do practically same job,there should be no discrimination of such.I think it is high time for the "oga at the top" to look into the issue and allow placement/appointment to be purely on merit.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by adexsimply(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
VillageBoi:
OP how far? Make you calm down nah, haba people no fit have fun? Anyway shaa, ''Commandant' has been cured and will not make that mistake again -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XlqjWQspxM
guy U don use lafta kill me o..where u get that useless video? hahahahahahhhaaa
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by EzePromoe: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Smartie gurl: hehehehe! Is freaking hilarious mehn. Btw i gat to go arrange food 4 my oga at the top.......nd datz you!!
I would have loved to eat but I don't know what my Oga at the top will say smiley
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by OGAattheTOP: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
Life is good.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Originalsly: 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
Barking up the wrong tree. How does him not knowing the website benefit him or his oga? Is is an embarrassment to him, his oga and Nigeria.I can assure you he would not be doing any interviews again. Let the jokes continue.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by chucksbadt(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
meanwhile somwer in Europe, the champions league draw is done;
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW IN FULL:

Malaga v Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid v Galatasaray
Paris Saint-Germain v Barcelona
Bayern Munich v Juventus
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by slimyem: 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Acidtalk and his sentimental rubbish as usual..undecided
Funny how Nlers turned the joke on him and his oga at the top..grincheesy
What a thread!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
kunletiwoo:
Ehen! Did you just say "Next Time"? He won't even dare it in his entire life. The truth is he doesn't even know about the Internet, let alone what a domain name is... "www.nscdc *coughs* that's it"... Blhahahah!!! grin grin grin
Hahahahahahahaha. No be small thing o.
@ OP, d man wasnt showing loyalty. Its not what u think.
He was just avoiding questions that he didnt know the answers to.
Again, i think i like d joke already so we will have a small diversion to the political tnz happening in this country like dis APC saga.
Plus,get ready to wear Aba made, 'My oga at the top' designer clothes and bags
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by olusola2bello: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
Come on ppl, its just a tin to have fun....take a breather ok?

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
chucksbadt: [b]For some days now, the media has been over flooded with the phrase: “my oga at the top”, which emanated from the live interview @channels_TV granted Mr. Shem Obafaiye, the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps. (NSCDC).

Whilst so many have chosen to turn this to a joke, I think it should be an eye opener for us.

Now, let’s glean some lessons from this;

1. Be very conversant with the happenings around you at all times. Ignorance can be deadly!

2. Regardless of your qualification, strive to possess a Sound Interpersonal Communication Skill (IPC). This will prevent you from making incoherent presentations. He was unable to answer any question appropriately!

3. Regardless of the case, be calm, remain yourself. Don’t be too “Boss Conscious”. This was a challenge the man had. He wanted to please his Boss at all cost, hence, the phrase “My Oga at the top”. Refrain from worshiping people! ||« Respect all, fear none. Honor all, worship none! »||

SUBJECT OF RIDICULE: Shem has been a subject of jokes after his gaffe

SUBJECT OF RIDICULE: Mr. Shem has been a subject
of jokes after his gaffe

4. When asked a question and you don’t have an answer, please just open up by saying you don’t know. Better still, say you’ll get back to the person. This led the man to giving “ww.nscdc that’s all!” as the URL for his organization. Don’t EVER misinform people!

5. In this jet age, it will be highly calamitous to get ready. Please DON’T GET READY, LIVE READY! The man obviously wasn’t expecting the questions asked.

Bear in mind, that this same interview could have boosted Mr. Sham’s image if successful. ||« Sometimes, the path that leads to success may also lead to failure! »|| This is a lesson for us all!

[/b]

Nice one chucks!!! We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
l want to believe that like the army,navy,airforce,police etc they have a public relations department.The public relations personnel should have been called to go and speak on behalf of civil defence or better still the public relations personnel would have accompanied him to channels Television even if he does not appear on the program he would have prepared the man adequately such that he wont have goofed with my oga@the top
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by chxe: 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
i would have stopped laughing, but i dont want to stop now and my oga at the top will say something else
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
Abet how does this affect the price of..........abeg I no ask again before my Ogaden at d top go ban me.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
I suspect foul play... I suspect the post above was made by the OGA AT THE TOP himself.. Pls Nigerians don't stop. Let's disgrace dis shameless Corrupt Nigerians out of Office. Dats all.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by igbosunny: 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Well it is only in Nigeria that you see a comandant of NSCDC in his desperate bid to dodge some questions ended up advertising his ignorant and poor technological know how that one even start to imgime how the commission operate.
Mind you the interview was aim at addressing some issues of national interest in NSCDC but the comandant succeed in turning the interview into a comedian show and at the end nothing was achieved
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by fredie107(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
wats wrong in using "My Boss". and for not knowing the website of the organization he heads, SACK..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Simon Lalong, Plateau Governor-elect Refuses To Move Into N15b Government House / Pro-Biafran's Outfit To Diamond Bank In Enugu (Photos) / Moment The Ekweremadus & Their Doctor, Were Sentenced By UK Judge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.