Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,651 members, 7,979,200 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:24 PM

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (65335 Views)

Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by mrofficial2(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2013
Acidtalk...Your brilliance, intelligence and smartness has been observed, but it only gets better grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Odinaka00(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2013
Acidtalk pls easy man, calm down, I don't see anything wrong in people making fun of 'oga at d top', if oga at †ђξ top makes em smile away their sorrows then let em βξ....bro easy o

OGA AT THE TOP ЂƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡Ω ARE YOU TODAY?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by TableLeg(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2013
1supremo: The "My Oga at the Top" jokes need not stop in a hurry. The man parried almost all the questions posed at him by either redirecting them to some department or some superior officer somewhere outside of the TV station. I think the longer the tauntings are sustained the better becomes our chances of having accountable individuals as prominent public office holders- the fear of prolonged tauntings should make sure of that. Nigerians are very far from deriving much benefits from their over-a-decade-long democracy; if this blooper eases their tension, I see no reason why they should not enjoy the moment to the fullest; after all, this is a country where the leadership "doesn't give a damn" about upholding oaths made upon assumption of office, though it oughtn't be that way!
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2013
naptu2: Is this the "military man" that was defending soldiers who illegally use the BRT lane? I think I'll have to ask my oga at the top. He'll know.

I thought that was acidosis

Wasn't sure either

Does come across as semper fi for mediocrity

In the end oga at the top is the real one to blame, for fielding boy boy at the under on live tv
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Soloblincus(m): 9:59am On Mar 15, 2013
@Op ar u saying dat we all ar fools (u inclusive) 4 not being able 2 curb dis corupt trend by mere joking abt it? If so, den lead us out of folishness. For more views on dis, visit www.solutions *clears throat* daz all
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by debosky(m): 10:38am On Mar 15, 2013
ItsModella: Irrelevant thread. I'm sure my oga at the top would agree with me.

This is ItsModella's oga at the top and I approve this message. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Livinusc(m): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2013
I would av like to usher my selfless advice on dis issue bt i dnt no d next reaction of ''My Oga on top''
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Livinusc(m): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2013
I would av like to usher my selfless advice on dis issue bt i dnt no d next reaction of ''My Oga on The Top''
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Livinusc(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2013
oluwadare26: Ok, but b4 i make any comment on this..can i ask my Oga at the top?
I would av like to usher my selfless
advice on dis issue bt i dnt no d next
reaction of ''My Oga on The Top''
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by miqos02(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2013
I THANK PRESIDENT JONATHAN FOR BRINGING FACEBOOK TO NIGERIA..... MINISTER MAKU
NSCDC WEBSITE : 'WWW.NSCDC' SILENCE ...... CIVIL DEFENCE BOSS
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2013
abes:

ok, we protest today to shutdown one recruitment agency and hand it over to the police, tomorrow we see a new agency, another name opened by the same set of people handed over to the police yesterday, do we shutdown the police station next?

Who told you you can't shut down a Police station or a whole Military base? Ask them in Tunisia, Egypt, libya and Syriah? The government should be accountable to its citizens and not vice versa.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Pataki: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2013
debosky:

This is ItsModella's oga at the top and I approve this message. cool cool

So you are the oga mounting this lady abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by mrofficial2(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk:

Who told you you can't shut down a Police station or a whole Military base? Ask them in Tunisia, Egypt, libya and Syriah? The government should be accountable to its citizens and not vice versa.

You're funny, comparing Nigeria with those countries. All they need is a scape-goat. Once that happens, the crowd will disperse.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by debosky(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2013
Pataki:

So you are the oga mounting this lady abi? grin

Why is your mind so dirty? I will report you to your oga at the top. grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:

You're funny, comparing Nigeria with those countries. All they need is a scape-goat. Once that happens, the crowd will disperse.

Then if this trend continues, Nigeria will never ever come out of its current slavery. The Politicians will keep enslaving the populace.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2013
If it were a job seeker that was being interview by the NSCDC guy and he made same mistake, I'm sure the job seeker would ve been reduced to nothing by the NSCDC guy. Most of these guys insult graduates that didn't do well at a job aptitude test or interview mean while they can't pass the same test if given.I actually love the remix version of that interview and I won't stop playing it to laugh.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by coogar: 11:23am On Mar 15, 2013
so we should not laugh at the state of the country where semi-illiterate hold top jobs and qualified graduates are doing driving dangote trucks? i think the op is high on khat. in countries where things work, that obafaiye dude would have been forced to resign for bringing his noble profession into disrepute!

he should have just said he's not conversant with the website address - we all know most of them are old school. they used 4-figure table instead of calculators. making a complete mockery of himself speaks volume about the state of the nation. acidtalk, may your oga at the top write you a sack letter this week for questioning our sense of humour!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:27am On Mar 15, 2013
coogar: so we should not laugh at the state of the country where semi-illiterate hold top jobs and qualified graduates are doing driving dangote trucks? i think I am high on khat. in countries where things work, that obafaiye dude would have been forced to resign for bringing his noble profession into disrepute!

The country isn't working because rather than you finding workable solutions to the problem on ground you are adding to it by making it look like a trivial issue
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by mrofficial2(m): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk:

Then if this trend continues, Nigeria will never ever come out of its current slavery. The Politicians will keep enslaving the populace.

Sure. Abi you like to be the scape-goat?
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by coogar: 11:34am On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk:
The country isn't working because rather than you finding workable solutions to the problem on ground you are adding to it by making it look like a trivial issue

what solution can you find to a country that is sick in the head? the government must lead by example but people like you vote crooks and rogues into power and then come online to defend their obduracy.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by clow(m): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk: Most graduates who are having a filled day mocking the man cannot speak or write better if given the opportunity,

So many people almost give up the ghost when asked to speak to a few people and here is a man sitting right in front of various camera's knowing fully well that he is being viewed by over 170million people across the globe.

Instead of us mocking his grammatical flaws and lack of technological knowledge, let us ask ourselves if this man that came to represent his agency was able to do justice to clear the air of the corrupt allegations made against his organization or not.

There's obviously a very long way for Nigerian youths to go before getting off the grip of the present day politicians.
Speak for yourself Man!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:

Sure. Abi you like to be the scape-goat?

Its a miracle I am still alive today because way through my schools days I have stood in the front of battles to resist oppression and corrupt practices by the authourity. I have been threatened with expulsion and cult oppression severally but that didn't shut me up.

I only realized if I am to stand in the battle front again, I will do that amongst the South-South, North and South Easterners and never amongst or in the South-Westerners. Tired of seeing one million people matching forth and just one gun shot you realize with senconds that you are the only one on the battlefield facing your opponents.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:

what solution can you find to a country that is sick in the head? the government must lead by example but people like you vote crooks and rogues into power and then come online to defend their obduracy.

You just accused me wrongly.

I follow history and could have never voted for Jonathan even with a gun in my head. His N9billion bayelsa state funds he mismanaged is still very fresh in my heads and that as to do with his compensating Nuhu Ribadu with a portfolio in his government.

I don't follow the crowd, I make use of my head.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
erickajay: If it were a job seeker that was being interview by the NSCDC guy and he made same mistake, I'm sure the job seeker would ve been reduced to nothing by the NSCDC guy. Most of these guys insult graduates that didn't do well at a job aptitude test or interview mean while they can't pass the same test if given.I actually love the remix version of that interview and I won't stop playing it to laugh.

You dey mind this guy called acidtalk?? And when it's now the politicains and co being ridiculed, we are to keep quiet. What nonsense.

At acidtalk, go transfer your bitterness to the illiterates controlling the country. Rubbish.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by In4matic: 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk:

There are rules in leadership and followership and the number one binding rule is Loyalty.

For those mocking this man about not knowing his organization's website address, even though it won't stand as an excuse not to know it, do this people also realize that more than 95% of our present Bank CEO's do not also know their bank's website or slogan. Most Nigerian Senators, Honorable members, Ministers and Governors can't recite Nigeria's National Pledge not to talk of the Anthem.

Let's start tackling more inportant issues and look for solutions rather than being engrossed in irrelevant and nonbeneficial discussions.

you sir, have slaughtered the most relevant issue in this country buy your assertions. so its okay to be incompetent so long as one is loyal? boy o boy, and we wonder why Nigeria Can't be better.
so what in your opinion is more important than identifying pentagonal pegs in round holes.
GO AND TELL YOUR OGA AT THE TOP THAT YOUR 'BRILLIANT OPINION' HAS BEEN TORN TO SHREDS. dats all!!!

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by In4matic: 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
GO AND TELL YOUR OGA AT THE TOP THAT YOUR 'BRILLIANT OPINION' HAS BEEN TORN TO SHREDS. dats all!!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by vision2050: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
Too much grammer. Champions league + Europa league draw on my mind
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by badassnigga(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
it will not stop unless "oga at d top " gives directives grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by usoeva: 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
@ mr op, ***clears my throat*** hmmmm...na wa ooo...am sorry, i can't remember what i wanted 2 say, pls, let me ask 'my oga at d top'. No vex...
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by OgaTheTop2: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
oluwadare26: Ok, but b4 i make any comment on this..can i ask my Oga at the top?
cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by dpee4real(m): 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
Are you the Oga at the Top?
acidtalk:
When a certain Nigeria Civil Defence Corp bigwig appeared on Channels Television some days back, a tsunami of various kind of jokes swept the entire airwaves and social media on how the guess kept on referring to his boss several times as "my oga at the top" and how the man basically doesn't know his organizations website address.

People of all ages and class had various Display Pictures on their Blackberry Phones, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking websites.

The mistake we all are making is we aren't concerned if the man was able to give substantial answers to vital questions thrown to him, example is clearing the air of the allegations made by the public that the agency is deep into job racketing.

If after posting dehumanizing jokes, graphical and video image on the man from National Civil Defence Corp it doesn't still bring abount accountability and transparency in the agency, then who is now the big fool? Is it the Man who kept praising "his oga at the top" while still getting kick backs from job racketing and other corruption based practices or the masses who were once making jest of the officer and are still jobless and with no hope of getting a job.

Nigerians should also realize they are doing the Officer more good than harm. Nigeria is a nation operated and governed on the basis of sentiments. Once you superior sees you as someone who is loyal and cool headed, they overlook your very great flaws which may include ignorance, corruption and even sluggishness.

A man who came on National Television to keep showring praises at "his oga at the top" even while being made to look silly is no where a fool. He understand the "Laws Of Power" as well as the Nigerian Hirachy rules and regulations and his acting according to the script perfectly. No one should be surprised if within a few months, this man that is being made jest of today for his ignorance is promoted severally even before his promotion is due.

The current president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan is a typical example of someone who understands the Nigeria Policy. When his former boss and Governor of Bayelsa was facing allegations of money laundry and embezzlement by the EFCC and Bayelsa State. House Of Assembly, all indications were obvious of his boss impeachment and Jonathan rising to the number one seat of his state as Governor, he (Jonathan) was never in a hurry to take over power. He praised his former boss even after he became governor. Same scenario took place a few years later only this time he assumed the president of Nigeria. Yet with all the many flaws of Jonathan and his government today, never has once Jonathan come out to run down the late President Umar Yaradua or his policies while in power.

There are rules in leadership and followership and the number one binding rule is Loyalty.

For those mocking this man about not knowing his organization's website address, even though it won't stand as an excuse not to know it, do this people also realize that more than 95% of our present Bank CEO's do not also know their bank's website or slogan. Most Nigerian Senators, Honorable members, Ministers and Governors can't recite Nigeria's National Pledge not to talk of the Anthem.

Let's start tackling more inportant issues and look for solutions rather than being engrossed in irrelevant and nonbeneficial discussions.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by OgaTheTop2: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
ItsModella: Irrelevant thread. I'm sure my oga at the top would agree with me.
Yeah right!!.. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin / Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primaries End In Violence (Graphic Photos) / OPC Captures, Arrests Iskilu Wakili And His Fulani Squad (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.