Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,689 members, 7,945,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602363 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yield:
If you're looking for off-campus housing, go to kijiji.ca or craigslist.ca. Do not send money to anyone over the internet.
Lai Lai naija peeps cant fall prey to such.....imposiscant....i trust my naija peeps jor!!....am 100% sure on this....i do not stand to be corrected grin.....lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
ChriGo: @kolt Dont worry oga onye oma will paste d neccessary links for us to see.....i have a frnd who is also looking for accomodation in ottawa....i have been going to night vigil for powerful prayers just for oga onye oma to paste d links grin.....i sure hope my prayers would be answered dis time.....

Prayers answered...grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Onye oma:

https://web5.uottawa.ca/rezweb/search.php

Enter the specification of your choice, based on the amount you can afford and the location you want

N/B: Some of the accommodations are pretty close from uOttawa to CarletonU and Algoquin...
Tanx oga onye oma....i don knw say baba God go answa my prayers.....well appreciated sir....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidimma1: 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
pleasa how long does the online route take,, pls don't say am asking too much, i need help
ChriGo: Submit next year march/april/early may for paper route.....but u can submit jan / feb if u wana use online route(reason why i said u shoud do dis is becos if God 4bid anoda casala burst u wil still have time to repackage d third time since u get fast response with d online route and u go knw ur application status sharp sharp )...dats wat i call good planning and strategy.....am not saying u will be denied oo am just trying to be 1% uncertain here so dat u do not have to wait next year 2015 again b4 reapplying...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
chidimma1: pleasa how long does the online route take,, pls don't say am asking too much, i need help
Madam chidima u fall my hand by d bolded statement ooo....u can ask as many questions as u want na!!...their are loads of expert in d house to respond to u oo....the online route takes 1-2months to get a response...it doesn't take much time like the paper route......with d online route u get to know ur status sharpally....trv gets issued quicker...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adim02: 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
January applicant please lets get ready for medic.God is in the business of doing wanders this time around.lets make sure that we always commit our application into the hands of God almighty,no matter what we submit God can use VOS to favour US all.Happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by daimler: 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
This TRV palava na God's favour oooo,a lady I know did medicals with me on the 20th august,went to the embassy on the 29th august and picked up her TRV... How do u explain this,TRV awaitee's?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
daimler: This TRV palava na God's favour oooo,a lady I know did medicals with me on the 20th august,went to the embassy on the 29th august and picked up her TRV... How do u explain this,TRV awaitee's?
Dis is simply taye and kehinde scenerio....d fact dat taye did medics and got trv doesnt mean kehinde wil also get trv d same day...oga kenniy no b ur scenerio i dey talk oo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by daimler: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Just my own little contribution to the house to help fellow yet to be applicant.
Docs to be submitted for study permit.
1,Intl passport
2,4 passport photo(35mm x 45mm)with white background.
3,Applications form from CIC website
4,Police clearance certificate
5,Letter of admission(and evidence of payment of tuition,if available)
6,Original transcript from university for post grad student
7,Waec result
8,Awards(if any)
9,Nysc discharge cert
10,Birth certificate
11,Family ties (photocopy of parent and siblings intl pp/driver's license)
12, Affidavit of support
13,6 months bank statement of sponsor i.e fat acct balance
14,Statement of purpose
15,Tie to ur home county i.e landed property docs
16,Other sources of fund e.g fixed deposit,treasury bills,share certificate valued by a stock broker....
17,More than enough prayers and faith.
I hope this helps... All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
daimler: This TRV palava na God's favour oooo,a lady I know did medicals with me on the 20th august,went to the embassy on the 29th august and picked up her TRV... How do u explain this,TRV awaitee's?
I did my medicals before a lot of people on the forum and most of them got their trv b4 me. You just have to relax and be hopeful, Cdhc might have even issued your TRV sef... Mine was issued on the 17th(on a Saturday) and I didn't get it till Wednesday this week . Have faith they'll call you soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
readin through stuff.everyone is either oga or madam now..its so boring..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
kenniy: readin through stuff.everyone is either oga or madam now..its so boring..
Same here...i noticed dat...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2013

Well, I guess this is a question that bothers on processes we don't fully grasp. We know in parts jare. Meanwhile, it also takes a swipe at the so-called France route of medicals. I don't doubt medicals are sent there; but since it's called e-medical, I expect that in about a week or less, it should be back at cdhc. May the new month usher in fresh tinz for all. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by itiboribo: 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
[quote author=ChriGo]Bro read from page 290 - 310 of this thread and u will confirm that u still have hope....did u applied tru an agent?..if yes then chill for this week....if ur trv still neva show then dis storming embassy biz will have to cum into play...are u in lag or close to lag?.....if yes then go to the embassy to inquire about ur application update....please what sch did u apply to?

no i didint apply through an agent,i live in abuja.i have hope but just wanted to hear other peoples opinion.thanks for ur reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hey guys, I was researching online when I stumble upon this link....... I hope it's useful in some way. Thanks

www.refworld.org/docid/440ed7323.html

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
daimler: Just my own little contribution to the house to help fellow yet to be applicant.
Docs to be submitted for study permit.
1,Intl passport
2,4 passport photo(35mm x 45mm)with white background.
3,Applications form from CIC website
4,Police clearance certificate
5,Letter of admission(and evidence of payment of tuition,if available)
6,Original transcript from university for post grad student
7,Waec result
8,Awards(if any)
9,Nysc discharge cert
10,Birth certificate
11,Family ties (photocopy of parent and siblings intl pp/driver's license)
12, Affidavit of support
13,6 months bank statement of sponsor i.e fat acct balance
14,Statement of purpose
15,Tie to ur home county i.e landed property docs
16,Other sources of fund e.g fixed deposit,treasury bills,share certificate valued by a stock broker....
17,More than enough prayers and faith.
I hope this helps... All the best

In addition to what you listed above:
18, If the sponsor is self employed; CAC certificate, Tax clearance certificate, memo and articles association, coy invoice (if available). If employed letter of introduction from employer, employment letter,copy of work Identity card, 6 months pay slip.
19, Letter of sponsorship.
20, Sponsor's birth certificate (declaration of age at high court).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
xtus: Hey guys, I was researching online when I stumble upon this link....... I hope it's useful in some way. Thanks

www.refworld.org/docid/440ed7323.html
Bro seriously i found dis link insightful...especially were it says cdhc sport check on docx...which means its not all docx dey verify keenly....dey verify docx dey suspect....i can now undestand why sum get medics on time and sum late....it also stated something that says VO verify with the bank head office if d documentation submited appears suspect...which means some times cdhc doesnt even bother to check wit bank except if it appears suspicious...nice 1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
Please, i want to send my documents to the school i applied for admission, please which is better to use, our own local EMS or Dhl and what are the prices like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
ChriGo: Bro seriously i found dis link insightful...especially were it says cdhc sport check on docx...which means its not all docx dey verify....dey verify docx dey suspect....i can now undestand why sum get medics on time and sum late....it also stated something that says VO verify with the bank head office if d documentation submited appears suspect...which means some times cdhc doesnt even bother to check wit bank except if it appears suspect....nice 1
Bro I really concur with u because in my previous apps,the banks never called my sponsor as per request/verification/confirmation from cdhc which we expected.Also I have seen peeps here say that their waec scratch cards were left untouched.But the big question now remains,why do they keep people's dox for ages when they don't verify them?I also think they should adopt the system of granting applicants interviews so that we can be able to explain ourselves.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
lucky Don: Bro I really concur with u because in my previous apps,the banks never called my sponsor as per request/verification/confirmation from cdhc which we expected.Also I have seen peeps here say that their waec scratch cards were left untouched.But the big question now remains,why do they keep people's dox for ages when they don't verify them?I also think they should adopt the system of granting applicants interviews so that we can be able to explain ourselves.
... the system of interview was what they used to do... but na u Nigerians complain that u stayed on the queue for too long and make trips few times to get in or secure interview dates...so, they introduce this one...so... can anyone win?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
sexymma1: Please, i want to send my documents to the school i applied for admission, please which is better to use, our own local EMS or Dhl and what are the prices like?

DO NOT USE NIPOST oo unless u want to wait as if na TRV u dey wait for. i used NIPOST to send document since 12th August i track it through Canadian Post office it shows delivered, i mail the school to confirm if they've receive my doc and they reply me that they have not. i will suggest FEDEX for you. #my2shishi@
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kolt(m): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
itiboribo: hi people,am new in this forum.i really appreciate everyone's effort.i was actually goggling up other stuff and somehow found myself here.(thank GOd i did).Am just curious,and will appreciate ur replies.ok so i applied for my study permit on 23rd of may,did my medicals on d 26th of august,i submitted my passport the next day at the vfs office.i have already payed for my first semester and submitted prove of payment with my application.my concern now is if i would still make it for this september start.my school has already adjusted my start date to 17th of september.what do u guys think? do u think there's still a possibility that my trv will be ready before the17th any hope for me?am worried.

wich skool?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
How much is Fedex
Kunsoft:

DO NOT USE NIPOST oo unless u want to wait as if na TRV u dey wait for. i used NIPOST to send document since 12th August i track it through Canadian Post office it shows delivered, i mail the school to confirm if they've receive my doc and they reply me that they have not. i will suggest FEDEX for you. #my2shishi@
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
lucky Don: Bro I really concur with u because in my previous apps,the banks never called my sponsor as per request/verification/confirmation from cdhc which we expected.Also I have seen peeps here say that their waec scratch cards were left untouched.But the big question now remains,why do they keep people's dox for ages when they don't verify them?I also think they should adopt the system of granting applicants interviews so that we can be able to explain ourselves.
I tink they delay some peeps due to one or two docx cdhc isnt able to verify....e.g lets take uni cert or transcript for example...if at d point of verifying dis docx they found no sch authority to speak wit due to ASUU/NASU strike den they try alternate method by send email to the sch.... It mite really take 4eva for the the sch to respond back....b4 submitin all my docx i made sure i flashed grin all the phone numbers on important docx to know if the phone numbers are really going tru incase!!....also for my waec cert i added a scratch card to avoid any further delay on verification if found suspicious......if cdhc found no docx suspicious then dey go just free d individual to medics stage.....thats wat i tink...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
sexymma1: How much is Fedex
NIPOST is less than 1k while fedex should be less than 5k. depends on the weight of the doc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
Is the Nipost the same thing as EMS, Are you sure Fedex is 5k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kolt(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
ChriGo: Lai Lai naija peeps cant fall prey to such.....imposiscant....i trust my naija peeps jor!!....am 100% sure on this....i do not stand to be corrected grin.....lol...

who wan scam naija boi wan scam scammer himself.
E possible?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
ChriGo: Lai Lai naija peeps cant fall prey to such.....imposiscant....i trust my naija peeps jor!!....am 100% sure on this....i do not stand to be corrected grin.....lol...
...that's what u think....until it happens u to ... yes... ur very sef...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Kolt:

who wan scam naija boi wan scam scammer himself.
E possible?
... a lot of people don scam Naija boys and still scamming them constantly....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
Kunsoft: DO NOT USE NIPOST oo unless u want to wait as if na TRV u dey wait for. i used NIPOST to send document since 12th August i track it through Canadian Post office it shows delivered, i mail the school to confirm if they've receive my doc and they reply me that they have not. i will suggest FEDEX for you. #my2shishi@

NIPOST is one of the best...Tested and Trusted....Blame your school or canada post
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
earthgreeners:

NIPOST is one of the best...Tested and Trusted....Blame your school or canada post
.... I was gonna say that...cos I have had someone use that same service for me and I got my stuffs...but u know shyte happens...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Have you used NIPOST before, and how long the tin take to deliver
earthgreeners:

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.