Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602345 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ...yap true...but not saying based on just....also sayin based on sum1 dat applied online too...d dude mite not b here to answer so it aint bad if i do....no yawa chairman...

You mean to tell me say all the people that applied online paid through credit cards in naija? You should do some asking, I am not talking based on what somebody said...I am talking from experience!

If I were you, I'd leave it for people who are HERE on NL and applied through the online route to enlighten us further....Nobody knows it all, remember..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

You mean to tell me say all the people that applied online paid through credit cards in naija? You should do some asking, I am not talking based on what somebody said...I am talking from experience!

If I were you, I'd leave it for people who are HERE on NL and applied through the online route to enlighten us further....Nobody knows it all, remember..
.....oh yes nobody knows it all....love dat statement grin.........@itiboribo sent u a PM....as u can see nobody knows it all....av got sum questions..*winks*...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by engineer55: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....Pls wat platform are u using ur Card on?....cdhc's platform,institutional platform?,or chrigo's agency platform? grin....
yes boss, actually am applying for visit visa, so i have been trying since past 2 weeks with Visa/Mastercard Debit card to make the payment but it always say transaction not approved, so 3 days ago i bought prepaid credit card but am still facing the same issue.
so i need someone who has really applied via online to give me more details, because soon my deadline will pass for the application.
thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Solomonwis your comment seems aggressive, take am easy. All comments are allowed. E no matter if na you doam or not. Chrigo don contribute immensely so if he make him own comment. We go appreciate am and if u get anything to add, just talk ur own. Peace bro and we all get one aim, Invade embassy with our ideas and get TRV.peace brothers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
engineer55:
yes boss, actually am applying for visit visa, so i have been trying since past 2 weeks with Visa/Mastercard Debit card to make the payment but it always say transaction not approved, so 3 days ago i bought prepaid credit card but am still facing the same issue.
so i need someone who has really applied via online to give me more details, because soon my deadline will pass for the application.
thanks.
Abeg o make una help us oo, we wan use online route and wich credit card de go? Abeg oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
engineer55:
thanks.

You have to approach your bank to be sure your card is enabled for online transactions. A whole lot of people face this challenge and many seem to be at a loss as to what went wrong.

Now you are supposed to have a secure code/activation code for your naira debit card (which in Nigeria at this point, serve the same purpose s credit card). The difference between a credit card and a debit card is the fact that the former can be used to effect payment even when your account is in red up to a limit, the later requires that you have the cash equivalent of your transaction amount.

I can't count the number of times I have had to use the GTB NAIRA DEBIT CARD within and outside the country both for online and offline transactions and I believe the same is the case for every other Naira debit card. Now, credit cards have not really truly been developed in Nigeria as we don't have a good credit system running.

I will advise you approach your bank and make case for your card to be enabled for internet transaction. (From experience with GT BANK,I know you will be asked to get a "token" to activate your card). Again, approach your bank for more details
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Abellybaba:

Solomonwis your comment seems aggressive, take am easy. All comments are allowed. E no matter if na you doam or not. Chrigo don contribute immensely so if he make him own comment. We go appreciate am and if u get anything to add, just talk ur own. Peace bro and we all get one aim, Invade embassy with our ideas and get TRV.peace brothers

Can you tell me exactly where the aggression comes from in the statement quoted above without prejudice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
viyogun: Pls house, what kind of credit card do U all use to pay the visa application fee...

Get a CREDIT card, not the default debit/verve card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Can you tell me exactly where the aggression comes from in the statement quoted above without prejudice?
Bros Solomon, the wise man toh bad!! U don try with the comment, make we forget aggressive and prejudice. Big big grammer lol make we relate ok. Thanks for the information. We go soon give rank self for here. Make give u commenting officer! Wetin others tink? Smiles grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

You can use the debit card to make online payment as long as it is enabled for such.

Its clearly stated that "CREDIT" card is onli acceptable

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

You have to approach your bank to be sure your card is enabled for online transactions. A whole lot of people face this challenge and many seem to be at a loss as to what went wrong.

Now you are supposed to have a secure code/activation code for your naira debit card (which in Nigeria at this point, serve the same purpose s credit card). The difference between a credit card and a debit card is the fact that the former can be used to effect payment even when your account is in red up to a limit, the later requires that you have the cash equivalent of your transaction amount.

I can't count the number of times I have had to use the GTB NAIRA DEBIT CARD within and outside the country both for online and offline transactions and I believe the same is the case for every other Naira debit card. Now, credit cards have not really truly been developed in Nigeria as we don't have a good credit system running.

I will advise you approach your bank and make case for your card to be enabled for internet transaction. (From experience with GT BANK,I know you will be asked to get a "token" to activate your card). Again, approach your bank for more details
....ok bro wana cum in here....how would u explain someone that used a GTB debit card for online university admission payment and was successful and also used dat same card for cdhc visa payment and failed?..and later used anoda card(credit card) and was successful....waitin for ur informative coment sir....Tanx....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
engineer55:
thanks.

Wat exactly is d transaction page telln u? Cz a CREDIT card nt DEBIT card would def go tru
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....ok bro wana cum in here....how would u explain someone that used a GTB debit card for online university admission payment and was successful and also used dat same card for cdhc visa payment and failed?..and later used anoda card(credit card) and was successful....waitin for ur informative coment sir....Tanx....

Asin!!! Inno o, It ws clearly stated that a "CREDIT" card is onli acceptable. Debit or token issue, I can't say anytin bt that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Abellybaba:
Bros Solomon, the wise man toh bad!! U don try with the comment, make we forget aggressive and prejudice. Big big grammer lol make we relate ok. Thanks for the information. We go soon give rank self for here. Make give u commenting officer! Wetin others tink? Smiles grin

I will take it as a joke but I clearly understand your cynicism.
I am not a commenting officer but one who is interested in providing guidance where necessary(I bet you don't know what I'm passionate about).

I don't comment on what I don't know or haven't experienced,I've been on here for quite sometime and I can say a whole lot of people have been doing creditably well not taking anything away from them.

Constructive argument should be the way to go and it should arouse one's sense of reasoning and will further make for mutually beneficial findings based on research. So when I talk about credit card and debit card,I can say I have some level of idea and that's not to say I know it all. That you are experiencing challenges with online payments with a Naira debit card especially when told that you can make payment online with it by your banker means something is missing somewhere. I happened to have faced the same challenges in the past and I thought sharing it won't be a bad idea.so why call me names ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

I am not a commenting officer but one who is interested in providing guidance where necessary(I bet you don't know what I'm passionate about).

I don't comment on what I don't know or haven't experienced,I've been on here for quite sometime and I can say a whole lot of people have been doing creditably well not taking anything away from them.

Constructive argument should be the way to go and it should arouse one's sense of reasoning and will further make for mutually beneficial findings based on research. So when I talk about credit card and debit card,I can say I have some level of idea and that's not to say I know it all. That you are experiencing challenges with online payments with a Naira debit card especially when told that you can make payment online with it by your banker means something is missing somewhere. I happened to have faced the same challenges in the past and I thought sharing it won't be a bad idea.so why call me names ?
Bros nice write up, na joke cos me no wan de long argument talk. Me no sabi too much English. I g pm u so u go help me set up my SOP. I think u good for that arena. Reply me o thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Yea! I get yo point, bro. The fact that cic site stated "CREDIT" card shdnt b ova looked. Gud to af u in tha huz. *thumbs up*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....ok bro wana cum in here....how would u explain someone that used a GTB debit card for online university admission payment and was successful and also used dat same card for cdhc visa payment and failed?..and later used anoda card(credit card) and was successful....waitin for ur informative coment sir....Tanx....

I appreciate that question. (Given my little background in the financial sector), You need to know what the error message is and then you can take it from there. Some websites will accept a card while others will not. Some cards will need some activation prior to using them for online payments despite the fact that the banks clearly state that they can be used for online transactions.

We should understand that Nigeria is evolving in that regard (Credit system) and because of the high cases of fraud from this part of the world, there have been a number of security measures put in place. That is why I said it is advisable to approach your bank to make case for failed card transactions. IN THE REAL SENSE, THERE ARE NO CREDIT CARDS IN NIGERIA (What we have are look alike cards, with the same feature as credit cards). The difference between the credit card and debit card is just that one can spend money that is not available in one and one has to spend money to the limit available in the account on the other.

FOR CIC, I HAVE USED A NAIRA MASTER CARD TO EFFECT PAYMENT FOR A TRV (VISIT VISA) FOR 2 PEOPLE AND THERE WAS NEVER A PROBLEM. I can understand the challenges with online payments with Naira Master card but it doesn't make it impossible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
greatheights:

Yea! I get yo point, bro. The fact that cic site stated "CREDIT" card shdnt b ova looked. Gud to af u in tha huz. *thumbs up*

Yes I understand the credit card thing mentioned on the website, but we don't have a credit system here in Nigeria and so our debit cards serve the same purpose as credit card as it is worldwide.

I have used the naira master card (debit cards) even where it was clearly written that what is acceptable is a CREDIT CARD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by try69: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
i'm sorry for delving but can someone explain to me how to go about applying for a top up degree in canada?

is it applicable in canadian universities as it is in the UK to top up degrees because most of the university sites i have visited so far do not really state literaly about "top up degrees"..

thanks in advance

b\w i am looking at top up on Financial accounting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
From observation, the main challenge faced by those that used the online route is payment...why we are still having this conversation is because most of the people that used this route didn't come back to give feedback on how they were able to sail through...its high time we implored ourselves to always come back here to give feedbacks after we must have been directed on how to go about it, so as to eliminate repetition and to have it record for future references. Online Routers please come out from hiding to explain because lots of people are currently having this delay their application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
greatheights:

Asin!!! Inno o, It ws clearly stated that a "CREDIT" card is onli acceptable. Debit or token issue, I can't say anytin bt that
........thank God u showed up bro.....i must say i have also experienced online transactions vastly and am only giving advice based on my experience and based on what online peeps are facing with cdhc's online system.....am not saying i know it all but wen an idea is been thrown to the public its highly subscetible to destructive or constructive critisism which i tink is fair.....i saw sampitt online which he also applied online....he used american express for his own payment which was accepted cuz amex is also credit card.....i wish i could dig out online peeps that used credit cards....so oga solomonwis i only updated my knowledge base system with this....i do not need to experience HIV/AIDS before i can advice someone its a deadly disease.....so baba solomon any advice i give here might have not been experienced by me but from others who has poured out experience on it.........

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
try69: i'm sorry for delving but can someone explain to me how to go about applying for a top up degree in canada?

is it applicable in canadian universities as it is in the UK to top up degrees because most of the university sites i have visited so far do not really state literaly about "top up degrees"..

thanks in advance

b\w i am looking at top up on Financial accounting
Top up is peculiar to Uk ...what you can get in canny is colleges; I guess you are asking this because you probably have below a 2.1. I am also an Accountant, and you could get courses in accounting(taxation and finance) or msc in biz admin with concentration in accounting,if you want univerisities that are cheap for this course be prepared for GMAT; if you don't want GMAT then check colleges out and find a related course like financial planning,Int'l biz mgt,Global biz mgt etc. Start with this link for colleges in ontario http://www.ontario.ca/education-and-training/ontario-colleges. Oga chrigo please give this our guy that your link.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Yes I understand the credit card thing mentioned on the website, but we don't have a credit system here in Nigeria and so our debit cards serve the same purpose as credit card as it is worldwide.

I have used the naira master card (debit cards) even where it was clearly written that what is acceptable is a CREDIT CARD.

I get, buh dunno why pipo get probs using debit card on cic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by try69: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Huzzie:
Top up is peculiar to Uk ...what you can get in canny is colleges; I guess you are asking this because you probably have below a 2.1. I am also an Accountant, and you could get courses in accounting(taxation and finance) or msc in biz admin with concentration in accounting,if you want univerisities that are cheap for this course be prepared for GMAT; if you don't want GMAT then check colleges out and find a related course like financial planning,Int'l biz mgt,Global biz mgt etc. Start with this link for colleges in ontario http://www.ontario.ca/education-and-training/ontario-colleges. Oga chrigo please give this our guy that your link.

actually it's not below a 2.1 but HND..

now how do i go about this for canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ........thank God u showed up bro.....i must say i have also experienced online transactions vastly and am only giving advice based on my experience and based on what online peeps are facing with cdhc's online system.....am not saying i know it all but wen an idea is been thrown to the public its highly subscetible to destructive or constructive critisism which i tink is fair.....i saw sampitt online which he also applied online....he used american express for his own payment which was accepted cuz amex is also credit card.....i wish i could dig out online peeps that used credit cards....so oga solomonwis i only updated my knowledge base system with this....i do not need to experience HIV/AIDS before i can advice someone its a deadly disease.....so baba solomon any advice i give here might have not been experienced by me but from others who has poured out experience on it.........

We were here together debating on the card issue nah, I had to go use a friend's Zenith Master card and I had no probs wt it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Huzzie:
......he should explore this link too www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp ....lol grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
try69:

actually it's not below a 2.1 but HND..

now how do i go about this for canada?
Okay I get...this shouldn't affect admission to colleges but for Universities I don't have idea.
Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
You would have to take your time by going through every details from this link to understand better because it comprises colleges and universities...if you have further questions, we can always be of help here. All the best
@Chrigo tenx for the link
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thanks bro 4 d info,however wen am trying to signup it says I need 2 select aprovider among the list dt was given?pls wich do I select bro?
Thanks

kjbobo:
Downlad the Mobile Voip from the app store of your phone(mine's play store) and its installed....Register(sign up) and you will be asked for your card details! Then you will be told to buy €10.00 worth of airtime.Your phone contacts are auto transferred to the app.
Okay now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ greatheights...have you submitted? If you have please furnish us with the date of submission so as to update our list.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
greatheights:

We were here together debating on the card issue nah, I had to go use a friend's Zenith Master card and I had no probs wt it.
....thanx greatheight....is that zenith master card credit card or debit card?....since we have no credit card system in naija grin....did ur friend specifically visit the bank to enable the zenith card to work online?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pls let's stop all arguments and jokes on this forum. Too many conversations and jokes which creates anxiety for many becos the pages are moving just too fast. Any time I notice a page ending, I feel maybe some fall hopefuls hav been cald for medicals. Pls let's apply moderacy and caution in the way we pose inpalatible criticism and jokes in here cos u might never know who is watching and hoping to benefit from this forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....thanx greatheight....is that zenith master card credit card or debit card?....since we have no credit card system in naija grin....did ur friend specifically visit the bank to enable the zenith card to work online?...

Debit ke? *rolls eyes* credit of course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.