Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595523 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by engineer55: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
smiley
engineer55: please can somebody volunteer to help me make the online payment, i will pay the person commision, because i dont have credit card to do this transaction.
or if there is any office that make this type of transaction for a fee, i dont mind.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
engineer55: please can somebody volunteer to help me make the online payment, i will pay the person commision, because i dont have credit card to do this transaction.
or if there is any office that make this type of transaction for a fee, i dont mind.
thanks

Just so I could make a point with what I said,let me know the day you are ready to effect payment.I volunteer to give you my Naira Master debit card for payment.

You will pay into the account and effect the transaction same day. Then you can relate your experience with others here.

When you are ready,you can contact me{I hope the moderator will allow this}. I don't do this and I've never done this but will send down my card of course with somebody to effect the transaction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
thanks
....bro how much u wan pay?....will it be enuff to pay my $10,000 accomodation fee?grin....bro try the one u have first if its gonna work....if its debit then do trial and error 1st....if it isnt going then go to ur bank....tell them to enable it to work as a credit card.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
....@solomonwis u'r really nice ooo...i commend ur kind gesture.....hmmm!!....but pls be careful d way u throw ur card in the air....ChriGo isn't a nice guygrin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....@solomonwis u'r really nice ooo...i commend ur kind gesture.....hmmm!!....but pls be careful d way u throw ur card in the air....ChriGo isn't a nice guygrin....

I can be nice but I am SOLOMONWIS.

As per throwing my card in the air,you leave that to me to handle. All we need do is to help make payment for a brother through a Naira Master debit card at no cost.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hi everyone, is it true that alberta tuition fee for masters ranges 8thousand plus? I really need answers. Secondly, am in my finaly year, but will graduate around july, our result comes out end of august, which means that my transcript won't be ready until september atleast, when is it advisable to file for admission and visa respectively? Please is quite important. Need answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
jaybmich: Hi everyone, is it true that alberta tuition fee for masters ranges 8thousand plus? I really need answers. Secondly, am in my finaly year, but will graduate around july, our result comes out end of august, which means that my transcript won't be ready until september atleast, when is it advisable to file for admission and visa respectively? Please is quite important. Need answers.

Inside this ASUU strike?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

I can be nice but I am SOLOMONWIS.

As per throwing my card in the air,you leave that to me to handle. All we need do is to help make payment for a brother through a Naira Master debit card at no cost.
.....mehn!! I wish u could extend such gesture to me jare....d fact dat i bear chrigo on nairaland doesnt mean am not solomon....my oda name na solomon so bros extend to me make we know which solomon wise pass grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: .....mehn!! I wish u could extend such gesture to me jare....d fact dat i bear chrigo on nairaland doesnt mean am not solomon....my oda name na solomon so bros extend to me make we know which solomon wise pass grin.....

grin
You already applied so no need for extension of the gesture.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

grin
You already applied so no need for extension of the gesture.
....Damn!!!...no problem...will contact u if any other online transaction show for me grin....tanx.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....Damn!!!...no problem...will contact u if any other online transaction show for me grin....tanx.....

It just occurred to me that I was actually helping people pay for online transactions for a fee in the past using zenith bank web surfer card. Back then banks have not upgraded to the level they are now....we will get there I believe.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Am in a private skool. Please I need urgent replies. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

It just occurred to me that I was actually helping people pay for online transactions for a fee in the past using zenith bank web surfer card. Back then banks have not upgraded to the level they are now....we will get there I believe.
......Big Amen.....going tru ur threads now and checking if i can argue anything there grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
jaybmich: Am in a private skool. Please I need urgent replies. Thanks

Make NANS no hear this oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
clusterphobia: Hello peeps, just want to confirm if I am alone on this. Submitted my application via an agent may 28th for setember start date and I haven't been called for medicals. I plan on doing some form of inquiry tomorrow (monday) my life is on a standstill cos of this.
So....
1. Am I alone on this?
2. What do you advice me!!

Pardon me if my question sounds kinda repetitive of what someone might have said earlier but 360+ pages is a lot to read. cheesy
Thanks

Where have you been??
Bro, I'm asking cox I think u should have made enquiry long ago before now but don't be worried u aint d only one on this and pls do visit em tomorrow as you've written.
Meanwhile, I'll advice u persuade ur school either for extension of start date or u defer to winter, so u could have enough time to finish d remaining little process.
Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ferdimako, why did u say that? Have I said something wrong?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
jaybmich: Hi everyone, is it true that alberta tuition fee for masters ranges 8thousand plus? I really need answers. Secondly, am in my finaly year, but will graduate around july, our result comes out end of august, which means that my transcript won't be ready until september atleast, when is it advisable to file for admission and visa respectively? Please is quite important. Need answers.

Since you're in a private institution so one can always predict that you won't exceed that time. by that Sept, u can start ur admission process for the next fall. Check for the tution & fees of schools in that province. Don't listen to some random says when you can get d very best answers ursef so go on the various school website and begin ur research.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/facts-and-stats/tuition-fees-by-university/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SleemB: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sleem-B:
please all,i need to find out if a fixed deposit account only is sufficient as SOA.my school fees is 22,000CAD.I applied(self sponsored) in april for sept 2013 but was denied due to insufficient funds ,though with a closing balance of 6M.(the money dint stay though).i am planning to reapply come sept 2014.and i dont wanna take chances.
kindly advise please.

any advice on dis pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please you said I can't print the form, but how can I fill or edit the form, its in pdf format
humanshado:

If you are trying to apply online these are the steps:

1) Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-int.asp
2) Click apply online. It will ask you if you have applied online before on CIC website. I guess this is your first time so select "No" and click "Go"
3)It will ask you "What are you applying for?" Select 'Study Permit' and click 'Go'
4)It will ask you "Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?"

a) If 'yes' is your answer, it will ask you "You have a code that looks like this: QK4350881372?" This is the code the system generates for you
after you filled the questionnaire "Coming to Canada". Then it will ask you to create a myCIC account where you will enter the code and
it will generate the forms for you to download and fill.

b) if your answer is 'No', it will open the questionnaire "Coming to Canada" for you. You will answer all the questions and it will generate
a code for you. Then create a myCIC account and follow the instructions on the website to get to the forms.

Please note that you will have to download the forms onto your computer, fill them and upload them back. DON'T PRINT the forms because you want to sign them. When you have finished uploading the unsigned forms and ready to submit, it will direct you to a page where you will write your full name as your signature.

5) The last stage after digital signature is the dreadful payment page. Here I will advise anyone using online route to save himself/herself the trouble of using debit cards. USE CREDIT CARD TO PAY.

A word to the wise is enough.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
jaybmich: @ferdimako, why did u say that? Have I said something wrong?

It's in the news,bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please is it a must that one's sponsor must have an account in nigeria. I have an uncle in Germany and he wants to fill in that position.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sleem-B:
please all,i need to find out if a fixed deposit account only is sufficient as SOA.my school fees is 22,000CAD.I applied(self sponsored) in april for sept 2013 but was denied due to insufficient funds ,though with a closing balance of 6M.(the money dint stay though).i am planning to reapply come sept 2014.and i dont wanna take chances.
kindly advise please.

any advice on dis pls?

Fixed Deposit alone is not fully ok to stand as S0A...you might as well attach ur S0A with a good turn over...

Which docx did you submit as a self-sponsor

If I may add,the #6m you submitted @ 1st might have seen you thru if you didn't pull it out as some point in time during the processing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
sexymma1: Please is it a must that one's sponsor must have an account in nigeria. I have an uncle in Germany and he wants to fill in that position.

Nope sexy mama...he can use his EURO or DOLLAR acct so far as he has EGO in it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
sexymma1: Please you said I can't print the form, but how can I fill or edit the form, its in pdf format

You fill it on your system mak sure u af adobe reader9 and abv (I guess), open d form and click on d boxes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=solomonwis]

You have to approach your bank to be sure your card is enabled for online transactions. A whole lot of people face this challenge and many seem to be at a loss as to what went wrong.

Now you are supposed to have a secure code/activation code for your naira debit card (which in Nigeria at this point, serve the same purpose s credit card). The difference between a credit card and a debit card is the fact that the former can be used to effect payment even when your account is in red up to a limit, the later requires that you have the cash equivalent of your transaction amount.

I can't count the number of times I have had to use the GTB NAIRA DEBIT CARD within and outside the country
Solomonwis. .[color=#006600]
..I hail thee sir....Are you sure about this explanation?
From the name sef..."debit" doesnt signify being enabled to make such...I bet u meant to say "mastercard" cos even in Canada you have access to 2 cards...e.g debit and say Visa(which is what I have now)..I will never be able to do online transactions with the debit but the VISA(even though its same account)
And as for the token....you dont need it before you can make online transactions. ..I had been using my gt card for two years for online transactions before I picked up token about 5 months ago...

I will bow to any superior opinion though. ..I hope this helps.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
shayi12: Thanks bro 4 d info,however wen am trying to signup it says I need 2 select aprovider among the list dt was given?pls wich do I select bro?
Thanks

Are you already on any Canadian mobile network?I guess that should be it...cos I didnt have such question. ...maybe you should bring the options on board...and lets see...you can also p.m me..So we can look at together...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....@humanshadow ur name sef get as e be....so be real shadow....i wonder why its wen we have one arguement or the other peeps start trooping in with very useful and informative info.....i love the way u shed light on this.....i just wished alot of silent followers could come out of hiding grin and start sharing their useful info on this forum ojere.....anyway tanx humanshadow 4 d great piece of info.....
I agree with you on this

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
kjbobo:
I agree with you on this
....oga mi dats how they hide oo....u only get to see peeps with great info wen serious argument surface....may be we should always do more of arguement on dis thread grin.....i hope they wont troop out to challenge me on dis now....lol....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 5:36am On Sep 16, 2013
kjbobo: ..I hail thee sir....Are you sure about this explanation?
From the name sef..."debit" doesnt signify being enabled to make such...I bet u meant to say "mastercard" cos even in Canada you have access to 2 cards...e.g debit and say Visa(which is what I have now)..I will never be able to do online transactions with the debit but the VISA(even though its same account)
And as for the token....you dont need it before you can make online transactions. ..I had been using my gt card for two years for online transactions before I picked up token about 5 months ago...

I will bow to any superior opinion though. ..I hope this helps....
I really don't want us to go back to this again so we don't derail the thread.

Debit and credit card practically offer the same thing. The difference is that while credit card allow you spend money you don't have in your account up to a particular limit,debit card will allow you spend only the money available in your account. Using a credit card entails that you run a current account but you can link your debit card to either your current,savings or both. Maybe where people are getting it wrong is in this definition. I also understand from my findings that not all debit cards are enabled for online transactions some are mere ATM cards.

If what people call CREDIT CARDS are those cards which have to be funded before transactions are effected then my submission is right that what we have are look alike credit cards.

Regarding the token,even Humanshado couldn't agree with me less on that. You might not have experienced where you have to input your securecode using your card and that doesn't make that fact false. Kjbobo,I will advise you look through the previous post to understand that we are talking about NAIRA MASTER DEBIT CARDS not just debit cards. I don't know your background,but your saying the word “debit” does not connote it being useful for online transactions is an error. Please check that up again.

I have spoken based on personal experience and the proof are there for anyone to see.
Please let's move on so the thread won't derail.

Top of the day to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 16, 2013
Mr Chrigo and other gurus in the house I am looking for another school to ad to MUN as adviced by Chrigo but the school insincerityis saying I will be given a conditional offer ( write a paper in macro economica before i proceed to full time) to study public admin because I did not do economics in my undergrad
My question is can I go ahead with d admission, if given conditional offer will it affect my trv chances and will the condition stop the school from giving me scholarship cos they promised to give scholarship Carleton
Thank as you answer me one love
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 6:31am On Sep 16, 2013
humanshado:

@Solomonwis, ChriGo and Co. I applied for TRV online. What I am going to mention here are totally based on my personal experiences.

I agreed with Solomonwis that one could use Naira debit card for online transactions, POS both in Naija and abroad and even withdraw cash from ATM machines. I did all that both in Nigeria and several other countries among which are UK, USA, Netherlands, Japan and even UAE, just to mention a few. This is to show you that these cards are acceptable but with one condition. The condition is the level of security and trust from the country where the debit card was issued. On one forum somebody used a debit card from India but was not successful but when his cousin used his debit card issued by a bank in Germany, it went through. My understanding is that the merchant sets the acceptable risk. You may see 'credit card' only but when a debit card is used from a reliable source, it might be accepted.

Now with regard to CIC payment. All the debit cards I have used at one time or the other to make online payments, POS and even withdrew cash from ATMs outside Nigeria failed on CIC payment portal. I attempted more than 50 times ( I did not count, just guessing). What I did was to ask a friend to use his credit card issued by a Nigerian bank and wola! it sailed through on first attempt. And who said there is no real credit card in Nigeria? To my understanding, a credit card allows one to spend without having the money in ones account and pays interest on balance if the credit free period elapses. Credit cards usually have credit limits depending on the user's income or cash flow into the account and it could also be set by the user himself. My friend's card has all these features.

In a nutshell, if you want to make payment on CIC website use a REAL CREDIT CARD not prepaid credit card to save yourself from frustrations. Please anybody with additional information should please add or correct me please.

I agreed with solomonwis to some certain extent...because when I wanna pay for my application fee at u of sask...I tried to pay it with my visagold credit card from first bank...it says transaction decline...I called my financial instituition (FIRSTCONTACT) and they queried the card and told me that nothing is wrong with my card...I tried it again for over 20 times but it wasn't successful.

I used a friend credit card from GT and it was successul on a first attempt.

Lesson....all credits and debit cards cannot be the same...some credit cards may work on a particular terminals / site while other credit cards will not work on the same terminals / site. The same thing with debit cards. So no two credit/ debit cards features are the same as far as its not issued from the same bank...Financial institution matters a lot as regards to the above question....Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 6:32am On Sep 16, 2013
humanshado:

@Solomonwis, ChriGo and Co. I applied for TRV online. What I am going to mention here are totally based on my personal experiences.

I agreed with Solomonwis that one could use Naira debit card for online transactions, POS both in Naija and abroad and even withdraw cash from ATM machines. I did all that both in Nigeria and several other countries among which are UK, USA, Netherlands, Japan and even UAE, just to mention a few. This is to show you that these cards are acceptable but with one condition. The condition is the level of security and trust from the country where the debit card was issued. On one forum somebody used a debit card from India but was not successful but when his cousin used his debit card issued by a bank in Germany, it went through. My understanding is that the merchant sets the acceptable risk. You may see 'credit card' only but when a debit card is used from a reliable source, it might be accepted.

Now with regard to CIC payment. All the debit cards I have used at one time or the other to make online payments, POS and even withdrew cash from ATMs outside Nigeria failed on CIC payment portal. I attempted more than 50 times ( I did not count, just guessing). What I did was to ask a friend to use his credit card issued by a Nigerian bank and wola! it sailed through on first attempt. And who said there is no real credit card in Nigeria? To my understanding, a credit card allows one to spend without having the money in ones account and pays interest on balance if the credit free period elapses. Credit cards usually have credit limits depending on the user's income or cash flow into the account and it could also be set by the user himself. My friend's card has all these features.

In a nutshell, if you want to make payment on CIC website use a REAL CREDIT CARD not prepaid credit card to save yourself from frustrations. Please anybody with additional information should please add or correct me please.

I agreed with solomonwis to some certain extent...because when I wanna pay for my application fee at u of sask...I tried to pay it with my visagold credit card from first bank...it says transaction decline...I called my financial instituition (FIRSTCONTACT) and they queried the card and told me that nothing is wrong with my card...I tried it again for over 20 times but it wasn't successful.

I used a friend credit card from GT and it was successul on a first attempt.

Lesson....all credits and debit cards cannot be the same...some credit cards may work on a particular terminals / site while other credit cards will not work on the same terminals / site. The same thing with debit cards. So no two credit/ debit cards features are the same as far as its not issued from the same bank...Financial institution matters a lot as regards to the above question....Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.