Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,608 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602344 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
jaybmich: Make una no vex ooo, am sorry. Ok I will do that, was thinking just to make more confirmation. Cuz I no wan offend nairalanders ooo.
.....Phew!!!....now that nairaland has scale tru ur one in a thousand dollar question i hope ur next question wont be answered by traveling canada kingpin himsef(justwise) cuz if ur next question pollutes his travel thread he go fire u oo......i wish u happy alberta tuition searching bro grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by funnyem: 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Please I want to know if I need to also get the Affidavit of support from the company sponsoring me. They told me that the letter of sponsorship is enough since it is a recognized company. Thank u!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by apple08(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
Pls i want to ask, has CDHC stopped working on Fall Applicants? Anyone been to chdc recently? I was there 3 weeks ago and i was told they are still working on May 24th applicants.. Did the whole of Fall applicants submit on May 24th? Pls help oooo, tired of waiting...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Good News!

I have just received my medical instructions today in myCIC account. I am to make the report available to CDHC in 60 days. No instruction to pay for fees or board.

Applied online on 31st August going for PG Chemical Engineering in UBC.

I pray that this will be the begining of good news for all medical awaitees.

Alhamdulillah!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
humanshado: Good News!

I have just received my medical instructions today in myCIC account. I am to make the report available to CDHC in 60 days. No instruction to pay for fees or board.

Alhamdulillah!
.....Bros ar u serious or joking?....dis is killing and intemidating news mehn!! grin.....u for wait two months later b4 u anounce dis ya online app news na....chai!! Why i no apply online biko.....i cum dey regret....lol.....bros congratulation ooo.....in as much as i dey jealous....i jealously tap from ur online blessing....God is indeed great......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
funnyem:
Please I want to know if I need to also get the Affidavit of support from the company sponsoring me. They told me that the letter of sponsorship is enough since it is a recognized company. Thank u!
.....the letter of sponsorship is ok...as long as its sign and stamped from ur company den i believe dat will do....my own opi.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
kjbobo:
Brother..as much as I hate to argue....I am always sensitve about what I post here....but seriously your assertions arent totally true...as much as I will really like to understand what you meant by "you dont know my background"....okay I am a Pharmacist but not dumb to understand some basic banking policies....How will you tell me that a transaction not overseen by Gtbank will request for Gt secure I.d?Very honestly....I will appreciate you or Humanshado gimme an example....I believe the thread is about passing accurate info to the house especially for the sake of those that will later read in future. ..so there's no point killing an argument that we havent agreed on generally!
Secondly,when card options are displayed on internet....all we see is Mastercard option ...this is the first time I will hear it called "debit master card" and I have learnt that from you....so arguing out issues that increase relevant knowledge isnt "derailing" bro

You can give me your email address. I will send you some sensitive info. I don't mind closing the account afterwards. We need to understand how to stop arguing with experience, the reason why everyone is here is to learn, I am not exempted.

After I send you the info, then I guess there will be peace. So I don't keep saying nonsense with confidence ( I have assumed I misled everyone here, you will then come on here to tell whether that is true or not).

I await your pm soonest.

Sorry for taking you back a bit, I have been busy making money.... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by apple08(m): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: .....Bros ar u serious or joking?....dis is killing and intemidating news mehn!! grin.....u for wait two months later b4 u anounce dis ya online app news na....chai!! Why i no apply online biko.....i cum dey regret....lol.....bros congratulation ooo.....in as much as i dey jealous....i jealously tap from ur online blessing....God is indeed great......

Well i tink this just to give us the assumptions that students in science fields are given more priority compared to others.. Pls quote me if am wrong..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:

You can give me your email address. I will send you some sensitive info. I don't mind closing the account afterwards. We need to understand how to stop arguing with experience, the reason why everyone is here is to learn, I am not exempted.

After I send you the info, then I guess there will be peace. So I don't keep saying nonsense with confidence ( I have assumed I misled everyone here, you will then come on here to tell whether that is true or not).

I await your pm soonest.

.....Nna bros u cant manipulate oga kjbobo with ur info jare....i would love to read dat info too.... chrigolex@gmail.com ....meanwhile i wan make money too oga solo grin...which biz dey town ?.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2013

Alhamdulillah!
Congratulations ! Getting a med notice in 17 days. While some of us have spent 19 weeks waiting for the same medical. I thank God on your behalf. I pray the same God remember those of whose wait is quickly turning into eternity.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
apple08: Pls i want to ask, has CDHC stopped working on Fall Applicants? Anyone been to chdc recently? I was there 3 weeks ago and i was told they are still working on May 24th applicants.. Did the whole of Fall applicants submit on May 24th? Pls help oooo, tired of waiting...
. I was at the ambassy this morning. After filling the form I submitted and had to wait for 3 and half hours before I was cald on phone. The ladies response was that they were presently attending to applicants who submitted on the 24th of may dis year. I told her that this gist abt still treating applicants files who submitted on 24th of may have been on ground now for more than 3 weeks. But she was not able to say anything. My fellow fall applicants, let's still be full of prayes and God will definately touch there hearts to call us ijn.amen

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: .....Nna bros u cant manipulate oga kjbobo with ur info jare....i would love to read dat info too.... chrigolex@gmail.com ....meanwhile i wan make money too oga solo grin...which biz dey town ?.....

You will be in copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by apple08(m): 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
kayconsult: . I was at the ambassy this morning. After filling the form I submitted and had to wait for 3 and half hours before I was cald on phone. The ladies response was that they were presently attending to applicants who submitted on the 24th of may dis year. I told her that this gist is chdc only responding to applicants that submitted on the 24th of may have been on ground now for more than 3 weeks. But she was not able to say anything. My fellow fall applicants, let's still be full of prayes and God will definately touch there hearts to call us ijn.amen

Na wa oooo...AMEN OOOOO... This wait don too long sha..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
apple08:

Well i tink this just to give us the assumptions that students in science fields are given more priority compared to others.. Pls quote me if am wrong..
......Ahhhh please dont prove onye oma hypothesis right biko.....i am anti onye oma so to say grin....a friend of mine got called for medics recently too...he's going for internation biz mgt.....so we cant say if there are priorities or not.....infact onye oma in question hasn't prove his own hypothesis right cuz he's also going for chemical Engineering and hasn't been called for medics yet.....we are all hoping they call us this week.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:

You will be in copy.

...Tanx grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
funnyem:
Bros...dont try it....you need to get the affidavit along with the letter of sponsorship...the affidavit certifies your letter of sponsorship....and its not difficult to Draft. ..still chilling for my system to arrive...would have sent you a copy!
Be warned. ..that letter from your company is useless without affidavit...have a number of people given extra instructions to submit affidavit after medicals...
Like I said...go to all those high courts around and get it typed. ..your company just needs to sign and have it stamped by a notary.
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: ...Tanx grin....

Sent you a mail, trust you will handle with discretion.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:

I await your pm soonest.

Okay sir....abeg send me some.....will p.m you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
apple08:

I said this same thing in this forum earlier. They know what they want. I think the unseen requirements, they look out for are:
Come from a wealthy country; in that way they won't break their head thinking if you'll return home or not

If you are in the sciences, come add to the work force of scientists they need. At least providing enough research assistance as you study.

If you are not in the sciences , come loaded so you throw the funds in their economy.

Well, we who don't typical fit the mold are not asking for much. We just want an opportunity to come and study and give back to our country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snugle: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
The online route seems to be the fastest way to get a feedback from the CDHC. Il advice all prospective applicants to apply online. Less documents, less processing time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by manover: 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
.Please House i need help from Gurus in the house who know much about getting a TRV for visitors. My brother who study in Bulgaria wants to attend a conference in Canada, and he didn't know the documents to submit.

1. In sofia Bulgaria, Canada embassy don't process visa there, they apply through Canadian embassy in Austria, and my brother intend to come back to Nigeria to apply from there.

2. How much does he suppose to have in his account? though he has 1.m!

3. How can he show strong ties, and what documents does he need to submit?
4. can he apply online while he's still in Bulgaria, or can he send his passport to someone in Nigeria to help him apply for the visa?

Please house i need your advice on this issue, though he has been denied visa in 2011, and he wants to reapply again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2013

Alhamdulillah!

Congrats bro...nice one...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2013

Alhamdulillah!

Insha allahu *smiles*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2013

Alhamdulillah!
Alhamdulilah...this I call hyper-processing#16days-this is record breaking#...I wish all winter applicants the best,unto tracking things.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2013

Alhamdulillah!

Insha allahu. Congrat bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1.Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2.Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
3.Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
4.Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
5.Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
6.Tkay11 JULY 29 Paper route
7.Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
8.Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
9.Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
10.Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
11.Habie AUGUST 21 Paper route
12.Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
13. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
14.Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route
15. Greatheights SEPTEMBER 8 Online route
16. Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
Its a fact now that online route is faster than paper route; Humanshado applied Aug 31,was the first online applicant on our list and his name appeared on no13 ...prospective winter applicants please go through the online route because it seems CDHC want to discourage paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by aycsharp(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
pls is their anyone who has successfully applied to University of Manitoba, I need assistance on how to go about it, dos and donts during the application process.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
For those having problem with SOP, I think you might find this helpful.
cover letter usually means STATEMENT OF PURPOSE.
it's a letter to VISA CONSULAR/OFFICER stating at least answers of the following questions

#1 Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
#2 What is your overall educational goal?
#3 Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
#4 What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
#5 How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?
#6 What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship?
#7 If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full-time education, please provide your C.V. (resumé).
#8 In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents'/guardians' immigration status in their current country of residence?

You can add reasons for your study gaps, job description(if applicable). but don't burden with over explanation.
you may start and finish this letter like

(Address of Embassy or High Commission)

(Date)
Dear Consular Officer

Subject: Personal statement in support of student permit application.

I, __________, am applying for a study permit for Canada as I have secured admission in (SUBJECT) at (INSTITUTE/University) in (STATE), Canada.
FINISHING
Therefore, I kindly request to grant the study permit and oblige me.

Yours Sincerely

(NAME)

1. If some or all of your funds are provided by a sponsor (either parents or a third party), a notarized declaration of sponsorship, income tax assessments, and proof of citizenship/permanent residence
2. If someone other than yourself or your parents is providing funds, a letter of explanation as to the reason this person is assisting; number of persons living in this person's household; proof of this person's relationship to you;

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=humanshado]Good News!

I pray that this will be the begi,ning of good news for all medical awaitees.

Alhamdulillah![/quot

Congrat man .....I double tap from ur anointing ...great news to winter medical hopeful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=ahmedonia4real][/quote]
I never apply but i tab quick responds to Medical and TRV too IJN grin. Na online route o. if they tie me self, i go cut go do online route lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: .....Yep grin.....
hi "B" smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.