Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602347 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Huzzie:
@ greatheights...have you submitted? If you have please furnish us with the date of submission so as to update our list.

Yea af submitd, online, 8/09/. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by try69: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ......he should explore this link too www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp ....lol grin...

bros u wicked oh cheesy already laughing.. i gerrit..i will take my time..it's a project and i have my timelines to milestones and completion..lol thanks again

Huzzie:
Okay I get...this shouldn't affect admission to colleges but for Universities I don't have idea.
Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
You would have to take your time by going through every details from this link to understand better because it comprises colleges and universities...if you have further questions, we can always be of help here. All the best
@Chrigo tenx for the link

thank you thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
greatheights:

Debit ke? *rolls eyes* credit of course.
....lol....ok sir...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
With regards to online payment,if you check the debit card especially the Naira Master card you will see where “Electronic Use Only” is stated clearly and with the universal Master card code of 5399..

I can understand the cynicism like I stated earlier but it doesn't change the fact that I have used the Naira Master card for online transaction even with CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
Abeg me wan pay my own with Access VISA card, I have been using I for online transactions, due I still need token for that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis: With regards to online payment,if you check the debit card especially the Naira Master card you will see where “Electronic Use Only” is stated clearly and with the universal Master card code of 5399..

I can understand the cynicism like I stated earlier but it doesn't change the fact that I have used the Naira Master card for online transaction even with CIC.
....Nna bros ya name na solomonwis....u have succeded in ur wisdom by letting us argue this online thin....i have noticed anytime u show face with ur comments on here, the forum shakes.....na wa oo....bros anytime i see ur name online fear dey always catch me mehn!!grin.....me sef go change my name to solochrigowis......hian!!!....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
sexymma1: Abeg me wan pay my own with Access VISA card, I have been using I for online transactions, due I still need token for that.

Like I mentioned earlier,knowledge is power. You can approach your bank {by this I mean contact your bank,I needed to explain this so as not to be deliberately misquoted} and ask if the card is enabled for internet transactions. They are in position to better enlighten you about the features of your card.

Some cards need activation while others don't. Your bank should explain better.

From my experience using Naira Master debit card,it has been smooth even with withdrawal in foreign currencies from outside the country.

Knowledge is power!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Huzzie: From observation, the main challenge faced by those that used the online route is payment...why we are still having this conversation is because most of the people that used this route didn't come back to give feedback on how they were able to sail through...its high time we implored ourselves to always come back here to give feedbacks after we must have been directed on how to go about it, so as to eliminate repetition and to have it record for future references. Online Routers please come out from hiding to explain because lots of people are currently having this delay their application.

@Solomonwis, ChriGo and Co. I applied for TRV online. What I am going to mention here are totally based on my personal experiences.

I agreed with Solomonwis that one could use Naira debit card for online transactions, POS both in Naija and abroad and even withdraw cash from ATM machines. I did all that both in Nigeria and several other countries among which are UK, USA, Netherlands, Japan and even UAE, just to mention a few. This is to show you that these cards are acceptable but with one condition. The condition is the level of security and trust from the country where the debit card was issued. On one forum somebody used a debit card from India but was not successful but when his cousin used his debit card issued by a bank in Germany, it went through. My understanding is that the merchant sets the acceptable risk. You may see 'credit card' only but when a debit card is used from a reliable source, it might be accepted.

Now with regard to CIC payment. All the debit cards I have used at one time or the other to make online payments, POS and even withdrew cash from ATMs outside Nigeria failed on CIC payment portal. I attempted more than 50 times ( I did not count, just guessing). What I did was to ask a friend to use his credit card issued by a Nigerian bank and wola! it sailed through on first attempt. And who said there is no real credit card in Nigeria? To my understanding, a credit card allows one to spend without having the money in ones account and pays interest on balance if the credit free period elapses. Credit cards usually have credit limits depending on the user's income or cash flow into the account and it could also be set by the user himself. My friend's card has all these features.

In a nutshell, if you want to make payment on CIC website use a REAL CREDIT CARD not prepaid credit card to save yourself from frustrations. Please anybody with additional information should please add or correct me please.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Like I mentioned earlier,knowledge is power. You can approach your bank {by this I mean contact your bank,I needed to explain this so as not to be deliberately misquoted} and ask if the card is enabled for internet transactions. They are in position to better enlighten you about the features of your card.

Some cards need activation while others don't. Your bank should explain better.

From my experience using Naira Master debit card,it has been smooth even with withdrawal in foreign currencies from outside the country.

Knowledge is power!

I also called my banks that issued my debit cards including GTB and they told me there was nothing restricting me from their end yet I could not make the payment. Therefore calling your bank may not change anything. Solomonwis made mention of activation code, I do see that in some merchant sites and I have used these codes and created passwords when the need arise for all my debit cards but still I could not used them on CIC site.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello peeps, just want to confirm if I am alone on this. Submitted my application via an agent may 28th for setember start date and I haven't been called for medicals. I plan on doing some form of inquiry tomorrow (monday) my life is on a standstill cos of this.
So....
1. Am I alone on this?
2. What do you advice me!!

Pardon me if my question sounds kinda repetitive of what someone might have said earlier but 360+ pages is a lot to read. cheesy
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Humanshado,

Thanks for your clarification.

I need to state that I didn't say there's no credit card system in Nigeria.I said the credit system is evolving.I also said the cards we have a look alike credit card with the same features as a credit card(pls refer to my post earlier).

There are so many things involved using a real credit card (under a credit system) and I dare say it only work well in a country with a good credit system in place. Nigeria is just getting to that level.

Now for the umpteenth time,I will say it again that I have paid for a TRV application using a naira Master Debit card! I have tried using a particular Naira Master Card for the same transaction and it failed until I used another one!

Ask people who paid for WES evaluation and federal skilled worker application fee with CIC what they paid with. So I speak from experience.

The reason behind this divergent opinion is a pointer to the fact that we are evolving when it comes to credit system but we sure will get there.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please someone guide me through, I can't still download the visa application form from the cgi website,must I answer some questionaire before I get to the forms or am looking at the wrong place.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....ok bro wana cum in here....how would u explain someone that used a GTB debit card for online university admission payment and was successful and also used dat same card for cdhc visa payment and failed?..and later used anoda card(credit card) and was successful....waitin for ur informative coment sir....Tanx....

Chrigo, you have already answered the question nah.....it means only credit card is accepted. Some site are built to detect debit cards and reject them.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
....@humanshadow ur name sef get as e be....so be real shadow....i wonder why its wen we have one arguement or the other peeps start trooping in with very useful and informative info.....i love the way u shed light on this.....i just wished alot of silent followers could come out of hiding grin and start sharing their useful info on this forum ojere.....anyway tanx humanshadow 4 d great piece of info.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
clusterphobia: Hello peeps, just want to confirm if I am alone on this. Submitted my application via an agent may 28th for setember start date and I haven't been called for medicals. I plan on doing some form of inquiry tomorrow (monday) my life is on a standstill cos of this.
So....
1. Am I alone on this?
2. What do you advice me!!

Pardon me if my question sounds kinda repetitive of what someone might have said earlier but 360+ pages is a lot to read. cheesy
Thanks
@ clusterphobia I'll suggest u go der tomorrow. Although for 3 weeks nw chdc claims they've been working on peeps that submitted there application on the 23rd of may. I'll suggest you go der with all necessary document u can use in making inquiry. Did u apply online or through paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
humanshado:

@Solomonwis, ChriGo and Co. I applied for TRV online. What I am going to mention here are totally based on my personal experiences.

I agreed with Solomonwis that one could use Naira debit card for online transactions, POS both in Naija and abroad and even withdraw cash from ATM machines. I did all that both in Nigeria and several other countries among which are UK, USA, Netherlands, Japan and even UAE, just to mention a few. This is to show you that these cards are acceptable but with one condition. The condition is the level of security and trust from the country where the debit card was issued. On one forum somebody used a debit card from India but was not successful but when his cousin used his debit card issued by a bank in Germany, it went through. My understanding is that the merchant sets the acceptable risk. You may see 'credit card' only but when a debit card is used from a reliable source, it might be accepted.

Now with regard to CIC payment. All the debit cards I have used at one time or the other to make online payments, POS and even withdrew cash from ATMs outside Nigeria failed on CIC payment portal. I attempted more than 50 times ( I did not count, just guessing). What I did was to ask a friend to use his credit card issued by a Nigerian bank and wola! it sailed through on first attempt. And who said there is no real credit card in Nigeria? To my understanding, a credit card allows one to spend without having the money in ones account and pays interest on balance if the credit free period elapses. Credit cards usually have credit limits depending on the user's income or cash flow into the account and it could also be set by the user himself. My friend's card has all these features.

In a nutshell, if you want to make payment on CIC website use a REAL CREDIT CARD not prepaid credit card to save yourself from frustrations. Please anybody with additional information should please add or correct me please.

Just to add to what you said.... I have worked in Zenith bank before and I can attest to the fact that high risk public sites are majorly set to accept only credit card cos credit card has low risk compared to debit card cos with debit card, once i steal ur card number i can pay online and ur money don debit commot from ur account be tht but with credit card, they will not debit u until month end and if u receive alert and it happens u did not authorize the payment, your bank will not charge you at month end and will cancel the fraudulent order online.

so hope you guys now understand why cic prefer credit cards....just to reduce risk.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dealexad(m): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
Jamsly: Oga dealexad please I sent you a pm please respond.Thanks.
this is my email address...dealexad@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
sexymma1: Please someone guide me through, I can't still download the visa application form from the cgi website,must I answer some questionaire before I get to the forms or am looking at the wrong place.

If you are trying to apply online these are the steps:

1) Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-int.asp
2) Click apply online. It will ask you if you have applied online before on CIC website. I guess this is your first time so select "No" and click "Go"
3)It will ask you "What are you applying for?" Select 'Study Permit' and click 'Go'
4)It will ask you "Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?"

a) If 'yes' is your answer, it will ask you "You have a code that looks like this: QK4350881372?" This is the code the system generates for you
after you filled the questionnaire "Coming to Canada". Then it will ask you to create a myCIC account where you will enter the code and
it will generate the forms for you to download and fill.

b) if your answer is 'No', it will open the questionnaire "Coming to Canada" for you. You will answer all the questions and it will generate
a code for you. Then create a myCIC account and follow the instructions on the website to get to the forms.

Please note that you will have to download the forms onto your computer, fill them and upload them back. DON'T PRINT the forms because you want to sign them. When you have finished uploading the unsigned forms and ready to submit, it will direct you to a page where you will write your full name as your signature.

5) The last stage after digital signature is the dreadful payment page. Here I will advise anyone using online route to save himself/herself the trouble of using debit cards. USE CREDIT CARD TO PAY.

A word to the wise is enough.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis: @Humanshado,

Thanks for your clarification.

I need to state that I didn't say there's no credit card system in Nigeria.I said the credit system is evolving.I also said the cards we have a look alike credit card with the same features as a credit card(pls refer to my post earlier).

There are so many things involved using a real credit card (under a credit system) and I dare say it only work well in a country with a good credit system in place. Nigeria is just getting to that level.

Now for the umpteenth time,I will say it again that I have paid for a TRV application using a naira Master Debit card! I have tried using a particular Naira Master Card for the same transaction and it failed until I used another one!

Ask people who paid for WES evaluation and federal skilled worker application fee with CIC what they paid with. So I speak from experience.

The reason behind this divergent opinion is a pointer to the fact that we are evolving when it comes to credit system but we sure will get there.
......oga at the bolded...actually u said so grin....just went back to ur previous post....no arguement just saying noni....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ......oga at the bolded...actually u said so grin....just went back to ur previous post....no arguement just saying noni....

And what award do you get afterwards?

You don't need an interpreter to understand what I wrote,do you?

You seem to enjoy deliberately distorting facts so you can receive accolades.
Abeg,let's leave space for others!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: ....@humanshadow ur name sef get as e be....so be real shadow....i wonder why its wen we have one arguement or the other peeps start trooping in with very useful and informative info.....i love the way u shed light on this.....i just wished alot of silent followers could come out of hiding grin and start sharing their useful info on this forum ojere.....anyway tanx humanshadow 4 d great piece of info.....

@Chrigorigo, you got my pen name wrong o. it is "Humanshado" with no "w" at the end... grin. So I pay you back..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
humanshado:

@Chrigorigo, you got my pen name wrong o. it is "Humanshado" with no "w" at the end... grin. So I pay you back..lol
....hahaha....haba!! Which1 be chrigorigo again na....anyway u too much sir....humanshadorido grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
humanshado:

#lobaatan# u said it all. "CREDIT" card, credit z d watchword thr.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SleemB: 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
please all,i need to find out if a fixed deposit account only is sufficient as SOA.my school fees is 22,000CAD.I applied(self sponsored) in april for sept 2013 but was denied due to insufficient funds ,though with a closing balance of 6M.(the money dint stay though).i am planning to reapply come sept 2014.and i dont wanna take chances.
kindly advise please.

any advice on dis pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

And what award do you get afterwards?

You don't need an interpreter to understand what I wrote,do you?

You seem to enjoy deliberately distorting facts so you can receive accolades.
Abeg,let's leave space for others!
.....bro i dont nid an interpreter but its wat u wrote which i made reference to....i do not need any awards buh wen arguing pls argue wisely so dat ur previous statement wont hunt back at u....i accept ur point sha....no offence....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
sexymma1: Please someone guide me through, I can't still download the visa application form from the cgi website,must I answer some questionaire before I get to the forms or am looking at the wrong place.

Whc form in particular, www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng try ths
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
ChriGo: .....bro i dont nid an interpreter but its wat u wrote which i made reference to....i do not need any awards buh wen arguing pls argue wisely so dat ur previous statement wont hunt back at u....i accept ur point sha....no offence....

When you see the the word “in the real sense...”{Quoting part of my post} What does that tell you?

Did you not see where I mentioned there are many things involved in running a credit system and Nigeria is getting there?

You sure need an interpreter!

Assuming I even said that{I never did so don't go misquoting me again},what do you stand to gain bringing that up again when everybody had moved on? I made my point clear based on personal experience and many mentioned what they experienced too,it is left for the dramatis personae/concerned persons to make a choice.
That's the essence of this thread. Nobody is winning an award trying to run another person down

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
@chriGo n @solomanwis quit d whole argument thing, we all have gained frm the points both parties made already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by engineer55: 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
please can somebody volunteer to help me make the online payment, i will pay the person commision, because i dont have credit card to do this transaction.
or if there is any office that make this type of transaction for a fee, i dont mind.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
greatheights: @chriGo n @solomanwis quit d whole argument thing, we all have gained frm the points both parties made already.

Solomonwis =doing it the solomon way= solomon~wise=applying wisdom,because it is the principal thing!

From the foregoing,I am not solomanwis.
Let's move on. Back to the matter.

TRV application procedures,medical hopeful,etc bring it on!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thanks Kayconsult.
I applied using paper with my agents and what happened to may 23rd? I just hope its not some scheme by cdhc!!
So there is nobody who applied with paper who has done his or her meds after May 23rd?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
solomonwis:

When you see the the word “in the real sense...”{Quoting part of my post} What does that tell you?

Did you not see where I mentioned there are many things involved in running a credit system and Nigeria is getting there?

You sure need an interpreter!

Assuming I even said that{I never did so don't go misquoting me again},what do you stand to gain bringing that up again when everybody had moved on? I made my point clear based on personal experience and many mentioned what they experienced too,it is left for the dramatis personae/concerned persons to make a choice.
That's the essence of this thread. Nobody is winning an award trying to run another person down
......File closed.....lets open another....*Its really easy getting PR in canada*grin....i hope u wont argue dis again cuz i know u'r a PR consultant....pls share d info u got about PR in canny....pls dont cum up wit PR arguement ooo..... Its best u share d info u got in other to cheer prospective students here up with interesting and warming info.....Tanx....

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.