Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,674 members, 7,885,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595563 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sleek5: @ChriGo: i have not been denied or approved, have not heard anything yet from CDHC, i submitted last month only. i am just asking the house to help me review my initial post and to tell me if i stand a successful chance or not. thanks.
Check your post....you said "2012".....hope it wasnt a mistake?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
kjbobo:
I agree with you. ...even though I have only done one month....I know home go still be home!
I enjoy myself here...things are better but I wish home was like this or will be like this.....I miss naija!

Nigeria will be better but we all have to be ready to make it be like this . . . Keep enjoying your stay and hopefully one day, we all will take all we learn from here there and we pray that the people there will welcome the change with open arms

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Sleek5(f): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sleek5: good day house, i am new here. please i need the experienced people on this forum to help me look at this. i submitted an application for study permit for jan 2014 to CDHC but my sponsor is my company. they gave me two company accts, cert of incorporation of the company, tax clearance for the last three yrs, memorandum of association, evidence of company activities, affidavit of support, letter of sponsorship, letter of reference, letter for reason why they are sponsoring me and they paid my first semester school fees for lambton college to study human resources as they are sending me for training in human resources and i work as a human resource officer. I also submitted my employment letter, payroll and then i submitted all of my academic documents i could think of, including WAEC scratch card, transcripts, secondary school testimonial plus a personal statement. Please guys do you think i stand a chance of a successful application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sleek5: @ChriGo: i have not been denied or approved, have not heard anything yet from CDHC, i submitted last month only. i am just asking the house to help me review my initial post and to tell me if i stand a successful chance or not. thanks.
....Oh ok...as the least member of the house grin.....ur application package bam bro....i dey jealous am sef....we're also on same winter track....same Lambton noni......Lets hope for the best....No delay,No denial....God aint sleeping....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Sleek5(f): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ChriGo: Sorry, i meant to say i submitted an application for jan 2014. Mistake
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sleek5: @ChriGo: Sorry, i meant to stay i submitted an application for jan 2014. Mistake
....Thats wia d confusion came....Ur application aint bad...since u already submited commit ur app to baba God.....He aint sleeping....please wats the date u submited? .....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Sleek5(f): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Chrigo....thanx bro, na God hand everything dey. I submitted 27th of last month, when did u submit yours?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria will be better but we all have to be ready to make it be like this . . . Keep enjoying your stay and hopefully one day, we all will take all we learn from here there and we pray that the people there will welcome the change with open arms
.....Oga Fhemmy.... haba....u're clocking 70years next year na grin.....shey na wen u clock 150years u wan bring that tin wey u learn?.....oh oga Fhemmmy canny sweet u pass gala jare.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
ChriGo: .....Oga Fhemmy.... haba....u're clocking 70years next year na grin.....shey na wen u clock 150years u wan bring that tin wey u learn?.....oh oga Fhemmmy canny sweat u pass gala jare.....

Lol . . . Now i know that when you enter Canada, you will be practicing false journalism
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . Now i know that when you enter Canada, you will be practicing false journalism
....Lol.....grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Big one......all I can say is Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
ChriGo: ....Lol.....grin....

I cant wait for you to get your Visa, so you could be busy, you have too much time in your hands . . . tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

...Fhemmmo... that open arms na long thing ooo.... those wey don go ... either join them or get killed...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: ...Fhemmmo... that open arms na long thing ooo.... those wey don go ... either join them or get killed...

Chairman, you read me wrong oh, when i say open arm, i mean the changes that we will bring . . Not for them to welcome me as a person oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, you read me wrong oh, when i say open arm, i mean the changes that we will bring . . Not for them to welcome me as a person oh.
...Baba...I get u now... na the samething we dey talk ooo.... na ur ideaology go rub them wrong to the point they want to clear u ooo

U never hear this saying : " this is Naija...not oversea"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: ...Baba...I get u now... na the samething we dey talk ooo.... na ur ideaology go rub them wrong to the point they want to clear u ooo

U never hear this saying : " this is Naija...not oversea"

I hear that all the time, and for sure will take a long time to change the mindset of the people, even the younger ones gives no damn, just money and money . . . but then, in a society where money is celebrated and not the source of the money cry what do we expect
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
kjbobo:
Bros....please add a couple of other decent schools in addition ooo....cos I dey fear dat school these days...looks like oyinbo sef dey do 419..I applied there two years sgo and was told they had backlog...same story tjey like 4 of my friends last year and this year after collecting plenty application fee from people and same backlog story.And
infact one had over 4 point and na story. ...another
friend that got his admission and deferred till 2013 got there and said he is the only Naija in class.....na pub health ooo(MSc) wey plenty Nigerians don apply for....at least this year I knew about 3 that applied for Fall and wasnt picked....whereas chinko plenty for him class. ...I aint saying you shouldnt be positive ooo but be wise to apply to other schools!
Another friend picked last year was best grad in Ife with 4.8(I believe say that one them no get choice grin)

Thanks Boss..I really wish to join u guys someday.
Regarding ur point about 'decent' schools, could u post some Unis that you feel give us africans equal admission opportunities as the asian..
I intend to study Geophysics with over 4pt cgpa.
I'd appreciate any response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I cant wait for you to get your Visa, so you could be busy, you have too much time in your hands . . . tongue
.....Cant wait to get busy in canada sir....dem don frustrate me tire for Nairaland.....but my target at the longrun is to be like u and oga siga.....out of ur busy schedule, u still find time to cum check on us here on nairaland...especially poor ChriGo .....lol....@kjbobo maximum respect to u sir...u are indeed great...if to say u neva marry i for...i for...i for...dash u my....make i no talk am....i know say ur wifey too dey here watching grin.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
darefestus:

Regarding ur point about 'decent' schools, could u post some Unis that you feel give us africans equal admission opportunities as the asian..
at bus stop. ..very cold....ttyl grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Patdeka(f): 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kjbobo u just said my Mind honestly! Wen u are good den u are good. Adaptation might be an obstacle but believe me if u are Focused den u are sure to Break it through.. #justsaying#

kjbobo:
As I much as I agree with you on the need to be prepared. ..dont let us over stress this thing to scare people....As much as Naija unis arent practical oriented. ...they fortify your retentive ability....I dont know the school you finished from but I wont classify Ife as rubbish....Its a great school that has built me....functioning with little resources....Look at how much funding these guys here recieve from Agencies?And check out their endowment fund?compare to one of my profs in Ife receiving 10000 naira per session for research?Me honestly speaking,dont believe these guys are more intelligent than my lecturers back home. ...they are just trying!
The challenge most people I believe will have when they come is adjusting back to academic life....cos we don comot from school long ago except for the extremely unserious one....
Cos come to think of it.....the studying condition is too conducive for an average serious Nigerian not to do well....And I have been following my pals here and in U.S...na As all through. ..most of them. ..in fact clearing awards...I look at my environment now compared to back in Ife....And I trying to psyche myself up that its tough here but my mind keeps telling me to face the truth..."this is small potatoes compared to naija"
There is light,there's 24 hr internet access,there's assurance of 3 square meal....infact in my case i have an "office" furnished with study corner,system and lounge(filled with stuff to eat in school) and all i need do is study!I dont see it as tough....i see it as switching back to school mode for those that went to decent schools back home and were serious!
My advice:switch back to reading mode...be more practical and thinking oriented....never think these guys are more intelligent than us(what I found out?,they can talk in class but depth no too dey for a couple of them grin),be grateful to God for your naija experience!
Cos when I speak in class. ..dem sef dey listen!
Lastly,Believe and never fear that you are coming here to be the best.....not to just study!target the skies maybe you will fall on tree top.....Trust in God....and work.....Success is inevitable!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
darefestus:

Can you p.m me please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
ChriGo: .....Cant wait to get busy in canada sir....dem don frustrate me tire for Nairaland.....but my target at the longrun is to be like u and oga siga.....out of ur busy schedule, u still find time to cum check on us here on nairaland...especially poor ChriGo .....lol....@kjbobo maximum respect to u sir...u are indeed great...if to say u neva marry i for...i for...i for...dash u my....make i no talk am....i know say ur wifey too dey here watching grin.......
I don tire for you.... grin....Honestly, I am chilling for your medics and I go celeb for here...cos you have sown great seeds into people here to deserve anything less...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
kjbobo:
I don tire for you.... grin....Honestly, I am chilling for your medics and I go celeb for here...cos you have sown great seeds into people here to deserve anything less...
...love the fact that u are still here contributing... hope it continues after 6months...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: ...love the fact that u are still here contributing... hope it continues after 6months...

Lol . . @ After 6 months - Funny but true

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . @ After 6 months - Funny but true
.... Fhemmmo Baba.... I go call u later today.... Still dey work...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: .... Fhemmmo Baba.... I go call u later today.... Still dey work...

I remain loyal and humble, Sir . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I remain loyal and humble, Sir . . .
...lailai... my parents taught me well.... I remain humble Sir...respect Baba.... e mi oni koja aiye mi....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
.... Na wa for these soldiers wey we send go war front ooo.... no one don come back now tell us wetin CDHC dey talk today now.... Where are the guys that went to embassy today now....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: ...love the fact that u are still here contributing... hope it continues after 6months...
Lol..... grin grin...you are a source of encouragement that shows I can.........as long as you do......I believe I can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sleek5: @Chrigo....thanx bro, na God hand everything dey. I submitted 27th of last month, when did u submit yours?
..will post a list now...check my submission date dia....We shall all smile grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
Siga: .... Na wa for these soldiers wey we send go war front ooo.... no one don come back now tell us wetin CDHC dey talk today now.... Where are the guys that went to embassy today now....
maybe chdc hav commenced kinapping of potential TRV applicants.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
kjbobo:
Lol..... grin grin...you are a source of encouragement that shows I can.........as long as you do......I believe I can
.... ok oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.