Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,199 members, 7,925,717 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:14 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (600475 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 1:17pm On May 06, 2013
Nuendo:

got the same message. submitted on the 2nd of may. They said it means it is now at the embassy.
i submitted on the 3rd and they told me to start tracking as from 2weeks time...were u told the same thing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 1:36pm On May 06, 2013
SUGGESTION TO THE HOUSE: HOW WE CAN TRACK THE OPERATIONS OF THE CDHC

I have been a member of this forum for the past two months and i must confess, we have really made significant progress in understanding and demystifying the CDHC. Nevertheless, i dont think we have quite yet found a way to monitor their activities real-time. Borrowing from techniques used in tech related forums, where feedback from users is utilized in monitoring the performance of a program or system, we might be able to actually make a break through into accurately unlocking the mysteries into the processing times. This isnt smth new as we have always done it but in a somewhat random and informal manner.

IDEA: Insert a small entry of the following after every post or every 5 posts.

a) Proposed Entry date
b) Date which application was submitted
c)Current Status of application and possible date of status change.

EXAMPLE

Entry : Sept 1
App : 2/4/13

or

or

This little info might seem simple and irrelevant but it is actually very very powerful. In my opinion i think its an intelligent way to actually use our numbers here to track and monitor the real-time progress at the embassy. It would also help those who might have issues detect such early (for instance, wen people who applied within a certain period all change status within a very short period, those who didn't experience such change would be alert to the fact that there might be a problem and as such call or visit the embassy on time. Also it helps us detect immediately those who made excellent applications and immediately learn from it ( by seeing very short processing durations). Like i said its not new but if we attach it to our posts, it would eliminate unnecessary questions and give us a graphical appreciation of the progress.

Just a personal contribution.
what do u guys think??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 3:19pm On May 06, 2013
Nice bt I don't v anythn to contribute yet, wen I do I will
Nuendo: SUGGESTION TO THE HOUSE: HOW WE CAN TRACK THE OPERATIONS OF THE CDHC

I have been a member of this forum for the past two months and i must confess, we have really made significant progress in understanding and demystifying the CDHC. Nevertheless, i dont think we have quite yet found a way to monitor their activities real-time. Borrowing from techniques used in tech related forums, where feedback from users is utilized in monitoring the performance of a program or system, we might be able to actually make a break through into accurately unlocking the mysteries into the processing times. This isnt smth new as we have always done it but in a somewhat random and informal manner.

a) Proposed Entry date

EXAMPLE

or

or

This little info might seem simple and irrelevant but it is actually very very powerful. In my opinion i think its an intelligent way to actually use our numbers here to track and monitor the real-time progress at the embassy. It would also help those who might have issues detect such early (for instance, wen people who applied within a certain period all change status within a very short period, those who didn't experience such change would be alert to the fact that there might be a problem and as such call or visit the embassy on time. Also it helps us detect immediately those who made excellent applications and immediately learn from it ( by seeing very short processing durations). Like i said its not new but if we attach it to our posts, it would eliminate unnecessary questions and give us a graphical appreciation of the progress.

what do u guys think??

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by aodis: 4:17pm On May 06, 2013
I have this great concern, I applied to MUN in oct 2012, and decision was made on my admission mid april dis year. I have tried and tried to get an outcome of my admission, but they keep telling me to wait for my package via Normal post.I understand most pple got a hint of their admission via email and later the sch sends dem a letter by post. Will I den be correct dat those who where rejected admission do not get any alert via email but only by post as is my case? Even at the SGS I was told to wait!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:15pm On May 06, 2013
Your admission letter is accessible through the UMGradConnect account; we do not mail out hard copy admission letters.

Can someone please shed more light on the above.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 7:05pm On May 06, 2013
earthgreeners: Your admission letter is accessible through the UMGradConnect account; we do not mail out hard copy admission letters.

Can someone please shed more light on the above.

Bros from my own understanding....... It means u can login into ur UMGradConnect account and print out your acceptance letter.

No need to start waiting for them to send you any letter via courier.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 7:15pm On May 06, 2013
jaymdee:
Hello, you mean I can apply with the scanned letter of acceptance that was sent by my school? I've been waiting for the original and time isn't on my side since I'm suppose to resume in Fall.Pls, I need confirmation from anyone who has used email printout of letter of acceptance successfully. Thanks all.

Hi Guys please help shed more light on this as i have a scanned letter of acceptance from my school and still waiting on my sent hard copy to arrive. Can i apply for my trv with same?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 7:40pm On May 06, 2013
Raahym:

Hi Guys please help shed more light on this as i have a scanned letter of acceptance from my school and still waiting on my sent hard copy to arrive. Can i apply for my trv with same?

You can use the scanned copy, same info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by aodis: 7:44pm On May 06, 2013
I have this great concern, I applied to MUN in oct 2012, and decision was made on my admission mid april dis year. I have tried and tried to get an outcome of my admission, but they keep telling me to wait for my package via Normal post.I understand most pple got a hint of their admission via email and later the sch sends dem a letter by post. Will I den be correct dat those who where rejected admission do not get any alert via email but only by post as is my case? Even at the SGS I was told to wait!

I am talking about memorial university!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 7:48pm On May 06, 2013
My guy apply with d scanned copy. Many schools including mine send scanned copies. U have limited time. Stop waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2013
rubenic:
i dey find supervisor...can your friend help? thanks
What course did you put in for? Let's do the search together
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 8:20pm On May 06, 2013
jaymdee:
Hello, you mean I can apply with the scanned letter of acceptance that was sent by my school? I've been waiting for the original and time isn't on my side since I'm suppose to resume in Fall.Pls, I need confirmation from anyone who has used email printout of letter of acceptance successfully. Thanks all.
Sure u can use the print out. Whether original or printed copy, they'll still confirm it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 8:39pm On May 06, 2013
Please I wanna ask this question before I make a mistake, will my letter of explanation and letter of sponsorship be hand written or typed?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 8:55pm On May 06, 2013
Pls.type. No one has time to decipher that lovely hAndwriting u are planning to carve. Typing it makes it legible and less time consuming. Remember to turn on auto-correct o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 9:05pm On May 06, 2013
coldgate: Pls.type. No one has time to decipher that lovely hAndwriting u are planning to carve. Typing it makes it legible and less time consuming. Remember to turn on auto-correct o.
Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2013
Pls guys can u imagine the school that gave me admission is telling me that its too late to apply for visa now in Nigeria cos my start date is september, they said I should consider sept 2014 start date instead. Please should I ignore them and go ahead to apply for the visa or should I listen and wait till sept 2014?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:36pm On May 06, 2013
Odinwa: Pls guys can u imagine the school that gave me admission is telling me that its too late to apply for visa now in Nigeria cos my start date is september, they said I should consider sept 2014 start date instead. Please should I ignore them and go ahead to apply for the visa or should I listen and wait till sept 2014?

Don't play with fire o...pls don't ignore them. just write to dem, n let them understand that it's not too late to apply for visa because you have enquired from the embassy in your country abt the processing time.

I think you must have asked a question frm them in a wrong way, *they misunderstood your question* n they're advising you to defer your admission.

N if i may ask, which sch is that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:25pm On May 06, 2013
Am in ur shoes bro, evey oda person got congratulatory mails, bt I didn't..so I v moved on, wud advise u do same
aodis: I have this great concern, I applied to MUN in oct 2012, and decision was made on my admission mid april dis year. I have tried and tried to get an outcome of my admission, but they keep telling me to wait for my package via Normal post.I understand most pple got a hint of their admission via email and later the sch sends dem a letter by post. Will I den be correct dat those who where rejected admission do not get any alert via email but only by post as is my case? Even at the SGS I was told to wait!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:33pm On May 06, 2013
hello evry, pls shed more light on this are colleges rily for 2-2 grads..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 10:39pm On May 06, 2013
dommakavelli:

Don't play with fire o...pls don't ignore them. just write to dem, n let them understand that it's not too late to apply for visa because you have enquired from the embassy in your country abt the processing time.

I think you must have asked a question frm them in a wrong way, *they misunderstood your question* n they're advising you to defer your admission.

N if i may ask, which sch is that?
The name of the school is Algonquin college, ottawa.
So I should tell them that its not too late to apply for Visa abi? But if I may ask, is it really too late? Despite I have about 3-4months 2go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:48pm On May 06, 2013
Odinwa:
So I should tell them that its not too late to apply for Visa abi? But if I may ask, is it really too late? Despite I have about 3-4months 2go?
...Bro...they already told u its too late....dont u think they know before telling u that its too late? ... These guys wont entertain ur email ....the processing as per CDHC is 18weeks for a complete application...which is pretty much 4.5months....do u have that left? Nope...so...either look for another school for January start or wait till next Sept.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 10:49pm On May 06, 2013
Odinwa:
Thanks bro
You are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:49pm On May 06, 2013
teexzle: hello evry, pls shed more light on this are colleges rily for 2-2 grads..
...thats the standard requirements for Nigerians in most universities....sorry bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...they already told u its too late....dont u think they know before telling u that its too late? ... These guys wont entertain ur email ....the processing as per CDHC is 18weeks for a complete application...which is pretty much 4.5months....do u have that left? Nope...so...either look for another school for January start or wait till next Sept.
Oga siga I have seen someone whose application was processed within 3months and was issued a Visa. Should I take the risk or wait? But sept 2014 is too far for me oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:05pm On May 06, 2013
Odinwa:

Well, its late for 3 months.

But If u still av till last week of september b4 una registration close, i dnt tink it's late for 17-18 weeks processing time...
Provided you wanna apply dis week or nxt week..else, defer ur admission or find anoda sch.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 11:08pm On May 06, 2013
i'm still waiting ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:09pm On May 06, 2013
Odinwa:
Oga siga I have seen someone whose application was processed within 3months and was issued a Visa. Should I take the risk or wait? But sept 2014 is too far for me oh!
...Well...there is no harm in taking the risk...life itself is risk bro.... the embassy might ask u for a new date or accept it...so, if u must submit...I will advise u take it there urself....that will definitely save days of postal delivery or VFS....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:45pm On May 06, 2013
Don't get sir, r u sayn I shudnt bother applyn cos am a 2-1 grad
Siga: ...thats the standard requirements for Nigerians in most universities....sorry bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 12:01am On May 07, 2013
Nuendo: SUGGESTION TO THE HOUSE: HOW WE CAN TRACK THE OPERATIONS OF THE CDHC

a) Proposed Entry date

EXAMPLE

or

or

what do u guys think??

Still expecting contributions from the more experienced members of the house. Currently there is a new member asking if 3 months is too late to apply. I am not an expert but having gone through part 1 to part 3 i have seen applications processed within 3 months . ( several of them) If we start smth like this, people can use it to knw the least possible date at least.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:04am On May 07, 2013
teexzle: Don't get sir, r u sayn I shudnt bother applyn cos am a 2-1 grad
..When did I say that? You said is 2 - 2 for colleges...so, if u have 2 - 1 nothin is stopping u from applying to Univ or College....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 12:32am On May 07, 2013
Nuendo:

Still expecting contributions from the more experienced members of the house. Currently there is a new member asking if 3 months is too late to apply. I am not an expert but having gone through part 1 to part 3 i have seen applications processed within 3 months . ( several of them) If we start smth like this, people can use it to knw the least possible date at least.

I am planning to apply next week with my family (3 kids all under 5 yrs), the college i applied to closes its admission first week in September 2013, am i too late already? Hussy intends applying for a Ph.d next year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 1:09am On May 07, 2013
ayaba21: I am planning to apply next week with my family (3 kids all under 5 yrs), the college i applied to closes its admission first week in September 2013, am i too late already? Hussy intends applying for a Ph.d next year

am not sure. I joined the forum this year as well, but if you take time to go through part 1-3, you would find some people who have been successful in 3months. Although i suggest you seek advice from more experienced people in the forum or even from VFS. the website says 18 weeks average.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.