Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,201 members, 7,925,725 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:21 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (600477 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2013
Plz if ur dad is ur sponsor for an MSc program, what particulars will be required from him and what should the statement of account read and for how long.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:13pm On May 05, 2013
Debesther: thanks guys for d reply/questions. a friend of mine who is a travel agent is the middle man,he is the one linking me up,the said man is a Canadian embassy staff,he will get a job offer that will facilitate the visa+work permit,that i will only pay when the visa has been approved and confirmed which i dont know how to confirm,that i will look for a job when i get there by my self.that is all i am informed about for now.pls advise.

MY BROTHER , U ARE ALMOST THERE............U ARE VERY CLOSE TO THE SCAM ZONE. . . . . USE YOUR HEAD MAN. SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:25pm On May 05, 2013
gwobo: Plz if ur dad is ur sponsor for an MSc program, what particulars will be required from him and what should the statement of account read and for how long.

Copy of intl passport of your sponsor.
letter of reference/introduction from his employer stating who he is etc ( if hez not self employed )
Letter of incorporation / tax clearance etc (if he is self employed)
Letter of sponsorship (stating his relationship with you and why he would sponsor u)
Affidavit of sponsorship (swearing in d court)
Bank statements showing proof of sufficient funds to take care of tuition + living expenses
Other proofs of strong financial standing e.g landed property, share certs , pension plan etc.

Please try visiting the CIC website for the specific requirements.
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 7:49pm On May 05, 2013
Odinwa: I have 2 questions to ask, the first question is that: is NYSC certificate compulsory in visa application?
The 2nd question is that: is it possible for a school to extend my admission to another batch or will they require me to reapply? Thanks you
1. According to the nigerian checklist for documents, ur NYSC cert is very neccesary bt may not be cömpulsory depending on what level of study u r going for.
2. If d VO request that u get anoda start date some schls like dalhousie uni. Wil send u anoda letter of admissn based on ur deferment,bt some like oda unis wil request dt u reapply while paying anoda admissn deposit/applicatn processn fee in order to keep ur slot. I hope ds helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2013
kellyemms: Hello nairalanders, plz is there any school in canada dat require submition of application and supporting documents online. Becauz most skul I av seen require u sending supportin documents like reference letter, transcript etc via post or courier to the school postal address
seneca college is one of dos schools that accepts faxing /scanning of docs. Bt u may av to tender d originals when u get there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:55pm On May 05, 2013
kellyemms: Hello nairalanders, plz is there any school in canada dat require submition of application and supporting documents online. Becauz most skul I av seen require u sending supportin documents like reference letter, transcript etc via post or courier to the school postal address
...Try Humber College as well...but u may need to contact the coordinator of whichever program u wanna go for....he/she determines wat form to accept...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2013
Odinwa:
Depends on the school curriculum
YES u can pay with master card to the school.
am in d same shoe as u r, intending 2go 4anoda 2nd degree bt d funds is the main issue on my syd...bt am stil hoping in God sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2013
teexzle: Am nt sayn its too much oo, am surprised its way cheap coming from maple cos ther adm + visa processing is close to $3000, so if one can get admision for just 50k..fink its aii..

exactly my initial tots..its was the school that referred maple and even copied them in a reply email, and my initial tot was 'forget it..just do the stuff urself'..but out of curiosity, we tot, whats the harm in asking questions. we asked them (maple) the cost for admission only and specifically told them we are not applying for visa through them. also bear in mind d N50k includes the $100 application fee you would need to pay to the school if you applying directly. i really consider it a good/prudent/time-saving/less-stressful deal at d end day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 9:16pm On May 05, 2013
@ all d elders and bro siga

Please what are d implication of changing sponsor after bin refused due τ̅☺ financial reasons. Previous sponsor was elder bro and now I want to use my dad.

N wot can i D̶̲̥̅̊☺ τ̅☺ defend d curosity of d VO?

Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On May 05, 2013
richard4ssky:

thanks for the advice the tution is about $6k balance $6k. So if i pay the fees how much is going to be on my sponsour statement of account which i'm going to surmite to the embassy.

Even after paying your tuition, i tell people all the time to make sure that 5M Naira is sitting and chilling in the account, but honestly, it is not the balance in the account that ONLY matters, but the inflow and outflow of cash from that account. . . 5M Naira is not a must, even something as little as 3M naira is ok, but i always like to see 5M Naira
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2013
xtus: @ all
Please what are d implication of changing sponsor after bin refused due τ̅☺ financial reasons. Previous sponsor was elder bro and now I want to use my dad.

Thanks all

i see zero implications..even better for u it seems since ur dad has direct responsibility on you. you can just have him write a letter add indicating he is sponsoring you now as his son, since they consider your elder brother's sponsorship not good enough (in more soothing tone of cos..lol)..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2013
kenniy:

i see zero implications..even better for u it seems since ur dad has direct responsibility on you. you can just have him write a letter add indicating he is sponsoring you now as his son, since they consider your elder brother's sponsorship not good enough (in more soothing tone of cos..lol)..

Thanks man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:38pm On May 05, 2013
xtus: @ all d elders and bro siga

Thanks all
...gbagaun...now u are ready to fight....I will have ur Dad as the main sponsor and ur bro as the co-sponsor....use them both..that shows ur bro is still willing to be part of the success story...use them both bro...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:42pm On May 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Even after paying your tuition, i tell people all the time to make sure that 5M Naira is sitting and chilling in the account, but honestly, it is not the balance in the account that ONLY matters, but the inflow and outflow of cash from that account. . . 5M Naira is not a must, even something as little as 3M naira is ok, but i always like to see 5M Naira

In addition, VO's re human. mayb d one dat wud attend to dat application loves to see 5m too....n ova look every oda tins....lolz

Pls attend to Xtus's question too..we need your opinion too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:44pm On May 05, 2013
Siga: ...gbagaun...now u are ready to fight....I will have ur Dad as the main sponsor and ur bro as the co-sponsor....use them both..that shows ur bro is still willing to be part of the success story...use them both bro...

@ mr siga, will d dad refer to d initial denial? Like, Y he wasn't d sponsor b4. Y he's coming in now etc
If yes, how?, or he shud ova look dem.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2013
Siga: ...gbagaun...now u are ready to fight....I will have ur Dad as the main sponsor and ur bro as the co-sponsor....use them both..that shows ur bro is still willing to be part of the success story...use them both bro...

what Siga said..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:07pm On May 05, 2013
kenniy:

what Siga said..

Wassap wit wot he said sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:55pm On May 05, 2013

oga Siga ,pls hope using my dad's accounts isn't out of place?? Or was i meant to have a separate account for the purpose??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:37pm On May 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

Wassap wit wot he said sir?

the part about using both dad and elder brother.. makes more sense.. indicates he isn't just randomly picking sponsors.. since d elder brother is still a sponsor, and the dad sorta providing the 'iroko' support.. lol..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:41pm On May 05, 2013
Nuendo:

oga Siga ,pls hope using my dad's accounts isn't out of place?? Or was i meant to have a separate account for the purpose??

out of place bawo.. very makes plenty sense sef.. lol.. i dont think u need to provide ur own statement of acct.. especially if you didnt indicate you sponsoring yourself in any way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:42pm On May 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

@ mr siga, will d dad refer to d initial denial? Like, Y he wasn't d sponsor b4. Y he's coming in now etc
If yes, how?, or he shud ova look dem.
....his dad need not mention anything...na the applicant go refer to the denial and tell the VO his dad is co-sponsoring now....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:45pm On May 05, 2013
Nuendo:

....at all...why would it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 12:03am On May 06, 2013
thanks Oga...was seeing some funny comments by a friend on my fbk inbox. Thanks or the clarification.
Siga: ....at all...why would it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 2:47am On May 06, 2013
xtus: @ all d elders and bro siga

Thanks all

Xtus, why not use both of them? There is no harm in using more than 1 sponsor!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:38am On May 06, 2013
dommakavelli:

In addition, VO's re human. mayb d one dat wud attend to dat application loves to see 5m too....n ova look every oda tins....lolz

Pls attend to Xtus's question too..we need your opinion too.

On xtus' question, there is nothing wrong in using one's father, as a matter of fact, that is the best option except self funding, cos there is so many reasons why a father/parent would wanna spend that much on their kids, unlike a brother, that would have his own family and why would he wanna spend that much on a brother when he has his own family, but a parent will go to any length to give the best of education to their kids and they know that Nigerians no dey carry last in education.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:55am On May 06, 2013
Rily a good deal..I will check d sch to confirm if they v d course I want, thanks
kenniy:

exactly my initial tots..its was the school that referred maple and even copied them in a reply email, and my initial tot was 'forget it..just do the stuff urself'..but out of curiosity, we tot, whats the harm in asking questions. we asked them (maple) the cost for admission only and specifically told them we are not applying for visa through them. also bear in mind d N50k includes the $100 application fee you would need to pay to the school if you applying directly. i really consider it a good/prudent/time-saving/less-stressful deal at d end day.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by latra: 9:27am On May 06, 2013
Hello house wanna have ur opinions on this, a graduate of environmental science getting an admission to study an ordinary diploma course of mining engineering technology, with a two sponsor who reside in Canada and Spain does he stand a chance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 10:38am On May 06, 2013
Visa application, tracking ID No xxxxxxxxxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Lagos. To know more, pls call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

What is the meaning of this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:55am On May 06, 2013
similoluwa123: Visa application, tracking ID No xxxxxxxxxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Lagos. To know more, pls call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

When did u submit to VAC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaymdee(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 12:59pm On May 06, 2013
similoluwa123: Visa application, tracking ID No xxxxxxxxxxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Lagos. To know more, pls call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

got the same message. submitted on the 2nd of may. They said it means it is now at the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2013
Does anybody know about Academy canada career college and Newfoundland? Pls tell me

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.