Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,161 members, 7,925,634 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 07:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (600471 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 6:01pm On May 04, 2013
Siga: ...My bad...correction...It was a huge blessing...

Started from the bottom, Now I'm here.... wink

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:03pm On May 04, 2013
2-chains:

Thanx alot! One last question. Hope I would be able to get admission to a masters program before my study visa expires so I don't have to go bck to naija to apply for study visa.
...of cos..ur study permit always have few months extra on it...not like it expires the day u write ur last exam....plus...u get a Postgraduate work permit...so...time dey...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:51pm On May 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I think it is mostly because some people are scared of getting back their document just in case they are rejected, and i see those as feeling defeated already before the game.

@Siga, Fhemmy, Gboyega, and the house. I am really grateful. Thanks. I will just submit the originals and photocopies jare. Then, this Questionnaire Form, is one expected to print out and fill out in ink? It does not seem to be available in Pdf. Any insight, folks? Then finally, based on the suggestion of a member of staff of VFS, I have printed the electronic copies I got; the letter of acceptance is in black and white, while that of funding came in colour. I hope it doesn't undermine my application. Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:25pm On May 04, 2013
Shadams:

@Siga, Fhemmy, Gboyega, and the house. I am really grateful. Thanks. I will just submit the originals and photocopies jare. Then, this Questionnaire Form, is one expected to print out and fill out in ink? It does not seem to be available in Pdf. Any insight, folks? Then finally, based on the suggestion of a member of staff of VFS, I have printed the electronic copies I got; the letter of acceptance is in black and white, while that of funding came in colour. I hope it doesn't undermine my application. Thank you all!

I guess they said on the website that they are working on it today and that might be the reason why the forms are not available online.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 7:52pm On May 04, 2013
earthgreeners: Sigh!!!... After a very long battle...
I'm pleased to inform this great house that I have been offered admission for Masters in Natural Resources Management at the University of Manitoba. I have accepted the offer and waiting for a formal admission acceptance letter... I have changed my mailing address to a Canadian address.

#Running late

Congratulogbia bro...am really happy.
oya, package your docx sharp sharp...VAC dey expect you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rubenic(m): 8:58pm On May 04, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Wow. I didn't know u were looking for supervisor at UNBC. My friend helped me to talk to a prof then. I went there on wednesday and dat lady said they'r not yet thru wt my app o. That they'll contact me when they'v made final decision. I'm certain about the outcome anyways
i dey find supervisor...can your friend help? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On May 04, 2013
Shadams:

As long as they are Original, either black and white or colored, it should be OK.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 9:18pm On May 04, 2013
rubenic:
i dey find supervisor...can your friend help? thanks
Boss,u don complete ur studies 4 Italia n u wan shift gear go Canada abi? No P bro. Va bene.
Alles gute smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rubenic(m): 9:30pm On May 04, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kellyemms: 12:08am On May 05, 2013
Hello nairalanders, plz is there any school in canada dat require submition of application and supporting documents online. Becauz most skul I av seen require u sending supportin documents like reference letter, transcript etc via post or courier to the school postal address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:15am On May 05, 2013
kellyemms: Hello nairalanders, plz is there any school in canada dat require submition of application and supporting documents online. Becauz most skul I av seen require u sending supportin documents like reference letter, transcript etc[b] via post or courier to the school postal address[/b]

Any reason why you wanna limit yourself all cos you dont wanna sent document via postal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 6:09am On May 05, 2013
Please is letter of intent and letter of explanation the same? Am confused in the two letters. If they re not the same, do I need to write both letters for visa application?
2ndly, while writing letter of explanation, will it contain an address? That is will it be written like a formal letter? If yes, then which address will I direct it to?
3rdly, will my sponsor letter have the same format with my letter of explanations?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tsmile: 7:27am On May 05, 2013
Nairan land...Please i need an idea of what i requirement to apply for canada visiting visa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tsmile: 7:56am On May 05, 2013
Dear Sir/Ma,
Please i need an idea of how and what documents do i need to apply for visiting visa to canada...Your response will be higly appreciated...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:03am On May 05, 2013
Nuendo:

LETTER OF INTENT
1. Start off with a very very short description of who u are and your basic interests
2. Your qualifications , degree , etc
3. Work experience relevant to your first degree etc.
4. why you want to do a masters and how doing such would benefit you in your life aspirations
5. why you want to study in in Canada instead of Nigeria or another country e.g USA, UK etc
6. The u have to somehow try to convince the visa officer that your study would be beneficial back home thereby reinforcing your intent to come back home after studies.

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP:

1. Sponsor should introduce himself, occupation, address
2. Explain his relationship to you.
3. Explain why he wants to sponsor you ( if he isn't blood related.)
4. Assure that he has the financial means to be responsible for all your expenses

DISCLAIMER : This isn't a perfect guide but going by most of what i have seen online, this could be a starting point.
my 2 cents.

i consider this way way better than any already made letter. it ensures no too letter are same. well played Sir.

*ps.. i hate request for sample letters since we cant guarantee its not gon b copied verbatim .. alway prefer guides like ds..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:08am On May 05, 2013
Odinwa: Please is letter of intent and letter of explanation the same? Am confused in the two letters. If they re not the same, do I need to write both letters for visa application?
2ndly, while writing letter of explanation, will it contain an address? That is will it be written like a formal letter? If yes, then which address will I direct it to?
3rdly, will my sponsor letter have the same format with my letter of explanations?
Thanks

1. They're the same tin n they serve the same purpose.
2 you can choose any format, but it's advisable to write it in a formal letter.
Address:
Canadian Deputy High Commission,
4, Anifowoshe street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

3. Your sponsorship letter should be a formal Letter (very Important)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:24am On May 05, 2013
kellyemms: Hello nairalanders, plz is there any school in canada dat require submition of application and supporting documents online. Becauz most skul I av seen require u sending supportin documents like reference letter, transcript etc via post or courier to the school postal address

in cases like ds, you might consider schools that have agents in nigeria. especially colleges. one i know for sure is algonquin uses maples as their nigerian agent.some others will too. so you send ur transcript and original documents to d agent and they process d admission. i know maple charges N50,000 for same service, but i still think its worth considering.

when i applied, i didnt use any agents.. but as at when i started, i still had time, and i did send all documents to d school.. at d point of sending my original certificate, i used dhl for security/efficiency reasons, and i requested a pickup via dhl to get my certificate back. dt to n fro service alone cost me like N30,000.

when u get the admission, then u can apply directly to d embassy or via vfs urself. i wouldn't consider or advice on using any agent for that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 11:18am On May 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

1. They're the same tin n they serve the same purpose.
2 you can choose any format, but it's advisable to write it in a formal letter.
Address:
Canadian Deputy High Commission,
4, Anifowoshe street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

3. Your sponsorship letter should be a formal Letter (very Important)
Thanks a lot bro. Now how am I gonna pay the visa fee because I don't have the embassy's account details? Since they said we should pay by bank draft. Does anyone have their account details please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 11:48am On May 05, 2013
Sup guys, been a while, office tinz keeping me busy (downsizing tins) will be back with you guys soon as tinz cool down. Did medicals 2 weeks ago. Wish everyone all the best as usual.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 12:39pm On May 05, 2013
Odinwa:
Thanks a lot bro. Now how am I gonna pay the visa fee because I don't have the embassy's account details? Since they said we should pay by bank draft. Does anyone have their account details please?
Enter any of cdhc's designated banks and request for a bank draft form...tell them that u want to do a bank draft in favour of Canadian deputy high commision(19,500)it must be made payable to lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 12:45pm On May 05, 2013
Odinwa:

You dnt need any acct details
Just walk in to any of d banks below with your int'l passport or any other means of identification,
UBA
GTB
First Bank
Access Bank .etc

Tell them you want to buy a bank draft or manager's cheque of #19500..
(The draft or manager's check serve the same purpose)
Beneficiary : Canadian Deputy High Commission.
Tell d bank officer that, the draft must be made payable in Lagos. And must b duly signed.
Remember to Write you name and passport number @ d back of the draft.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:02pm On May 05, 2013
50k for securin admission only
kenniy:

in cases like ds, you might consider schools that have agents in nigeria. especially colleges. one i know for sure is algonquin uses maples as their nigerian agent.some others will too. so you send ur transcript and original documents to d agent and they process d admission. i know maple charges N50,000 for same service, but i still think its worth considering.

when i applied, i didnt use any agents.. but as at when i started, i still had time, and i did send all documents to d school.. at d point of sending my original certificate, i used dhl for security/efficiency reasons, and i requested a pickup via dhl to get my certificate back. dt to n fro service alone cost me like N30,000.

when u get the admission, then u can apply directly to d embassy or via vfs urself. i wouldn't consider or advice on using any agent for that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 2:24pm On May 05, 2013
teexzle: 50k for securin admission only

actually, 50k isn't too much comparing how difficult and tricky it is at times to secure such admissions. Aldo i always believe you can do it yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 2:52pm On May 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

I guess they said on the website that they are working on it today and that might be the reason why the forms are not available online.

Thanks. The online docs have been updated, yet I can't find the Questionnaire Form...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Debesther: 3:30pm On May 05, 2013
thanks guys for d reply/questions. a friend of mine who is a travel agent is the middle man,he is the one linking me up,the said man is a Canadian embassy staff,he will get a job offer that will facilitate the visa+work permit,that i will only pay when the visa has been approved and confirmed which i dont know how to confirm,that i will look for a job when i get there by my self.that is all i am informed about for now.pls advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 3:41pm On May 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

You dnt need any acct details
Just walk in to any of d banks below with your int'l passport or any other means of identification,
UBA
GTB
First Bank
Access Bank .etc

Tell them you want to buy a bank draft or manager's cheque of #19500..
(The draft or manager's check serve the same purpose)
Beneficiary : Canadian Deputy High Commission.
Tell d bank officer that, the draft must be made payable in Lagos. And must b duly signed.
Remember to Write you name and passport number @ d back of the draft.

Or Diamond bank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2013
Debesther: thanks guys for d reply/questions. a friend of mine who is a travel agent is the middle man,he is the one linking me up,the said man is a Canadian embassy staff,he will get a job offer that will facilitate the visa+work permit,that i will only pay when the visa has been approved and confirmed which i dont know how to confirm,that i will look for a job when i get there by my self.that is all i am informed about for now.pls advise.

I can't believe that victims like you still exist at this age with all the info available online.

Such a pity.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:50pm On May 05, 2013
Debesther: thanks guys for d reply/questions. a friend of mine who is a travel agent is the middle man,he is the one linking me up,the said man is a Canadian embassy staff,he will get a job offer that will facilitate the visa+work permit,that i will only pay when the visa has been approved and confirmed which i dont know how to confirm,that i will look for a job when i get there by my self.that is all i am informed about for now.pls advise.
....My very good friend....U have just been jammed by a trailer...be very careful so as not to be driven over....FRAUD ALERT!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 4:38pm On May 05, 2013
Am nt sayn its too much oo, am surprised its way cheap coming from maple cos ther adm + visa processing is close to $3000, so if one can get admision for just 50k..fink its aii..
Nuendo:

actually, 50k isn't too much comparing how difficult and tricky it is at times to secure such admissions. Aldo i always believe you can do it yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2013
Could somebody who has got any insights on this STUDY PERMIT QUESTIONNAIRE thing help with some information. I have not found it on pdf and I cannot fill out the form therefore. I have printed it out as webpage but I know I may not be able to fill out the form in ink. I suspect the online update has been completed, but this issue lingers...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 6:04pm On May 05, 2013
tongue chai. See as dis one wan throw him money for bottomless ocean. SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.