Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,199 members, 7,925,721 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (600476 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 6:36am On May 07, 2013
Thank you..
Siga: ..When did I say that? You said is 2 - 2 for colleges...so, if u have 2 - 1 nothin is stopping u from applying to Univ or College....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:36am On May 07, 2013
I dont think its too late to apply. Going through the thread

fflower aplied on May 15, she got her visa in August....

Lft applied June 23, he was asked to come up with a new start date, and later got his Visa....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jennyfar: 6:51am On May 07, 2013
teexzle: hello evry, pls shed more light on this are colleges rily for 2-2 grads..

No, I believe every application is looked at individually depending on the university,course of study, strength of the application and references. I say this because a while ago on the forum I asked the same question, and someone said they had gotten admission for an Msc with a 2.2. I had already been discouraged by many people so I was still a bit skeptical until a friend of mine got her admission letter last week for a master degree at the uni of Ottawa, she had a 3.14 CGPA. So my advice is if you plan on applying to unis with a 2.2, plan ahead, make a good and timely application and also do not put ur eggs in one basket, you can apply to colleges and other unis so as not to be disappointed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2013
jennyfar: No, I believe every application is looked at individually depending on the university,course of study, strength of the application and references. I say this because a while ago on the forum I asked the same question, and someone said they had gotten admission for an Msc with a 2.2. I had already been discouraged by many people so I was still a bit skeptical until a friend of mine got her admission letter last week for a master degree at the uni of Ottawa, she had a 3.14 CGPA. So my advice is if you plan on applying to unis with a 2.2, plan ahead, make a good and timely application and also do not put ur eggs in one basket, you can apply to colleges and other unis so as not to be disappointed.

Well said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jennyfar: 7:38am On May 07, 2013
earthgreeners:

Well said

Thanks earthgreeners, you scarce oh, have you started your visa app? I plan on starting mine as soon as I receive my admission letter from Ottawa too

Any peeps going to uni of Ottawa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 9:08am On May 07, 2013
ayaba21: I am planning to apply next week with my family (3 kids all under 5 yrs), the college i applied to closes its admission first week in September 2013, am i too late already? Hussy intends applying for a Ph.d next year

Finally, someone in my shoes! I have just applied for TRV thru the online system. I intend to travel with my son. I am self sponsoring. I would like to know how it goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2013
to everyone asking if its too late for sept..would you stop the application if someone told you for sure its too late?
I dont think the embassy would deny any study application just because the application came in late. the most they can do is request another resumption window, and since most schools has january resumption, that shouldnt be too bad.
i was to resume in january, and had to defer to september; when u get the visa, might just be worth it.
of which..there are cases where people got issued visa in 3-4 months..abeg just apply, and try not to overload the application with irrelivant documents to minimize processing time..and leave d rest to God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:08am On May 07, 2013
also, someone previously asked if he/she can do master after college..will just past a friend's question to algonquin college and their response:

friend: Out of curiously, is it possible I apply for MSc in a Canadian school after finishing Human Resources Management graduate study from Algoquin.

college rep: Sure, you should be able to.
You have a 2:2 right?
You need to do very well in your HR program… most universities in Canada only take 2:1's or first class, but your good results from your PGD will certainly help you.

think that should answer some questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olajide21: 10:16am On May 07, 2013
Peeps, how una dey.. I intent to move to canada with my family to live and work. Whats the first step.... A first that would produce results.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2013
Odinwa:
Oga siga I have seen someone whose application was processed within 3months and was issued a Visa. Should I take the risk or wait? But sept 2014 is too far for me oh!
Abeg don't do dat. They r more experienced. Don't base ur decisions on few except u r fully persuaded to do so. They may not want to entertain ur deferral later if cdhc proves to be delaying. I commend dem for dat advise/proposal sef. U may ask dem if they can giv u Jan or May start date sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:34am On May 07, 2013
Hello house!

I am just about to pay for my application fee on www.ontariocolleges.ca with my GTB Mastercard .. Pls after i have paid for the application fee with my GTB Mastercard.. What is the next thing? Will the sch of my choice contact me to send my doc to them? Please i need help!

Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 11:36am On May 07, 2013
Pls i obtain police clearance certificates frm my state central police station.......i want to know how original PCC looks like or how to idntify the fake one...thanks, reply immediately pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 11:44am On May 07, 2013
earthgreeners: I dont think its too late to apply. Going through the thread

fflower aplied on May 15, she got her visa in August....

Lft applied June 23, he was asked to come up with a new start date, and later got his Visa....
Hey yo Bruv! quite an age smiley what'z up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:55am On May 07, 2013
emmausa: Pls i obtain police clearance certificates frm my state central police station.......i want to know how original PCC looks like or how to idntify the fake one...thanks, reply immediately pls

U shud av 2 sheets.
One is a certificate printed wit colour red.
D oda is a long white paper (longer dan A4) wit some info, passport fotograf n ur finger prints.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 12:33pm On May 07, 2013
dommakavelli:

U shud av 2 sheets.
One is a certificate printed wit colour red.
D oda is a long white paper (longer dan A4) wit some info, passport fotograf n ur finger prints.
Nope! I only obtained a written ststement saying i have no criminal records, and signed by d DPO, and i didnt provide all dis tins lik passport photo, e.passport ooo.
Pls what shld i do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 12:43pm On May 07, 2013
emmausa:
Nope! I only obtained a written ststement saying i have no criminal records, and signed by d DPO, and i didnt provide all dis tins lik passport photo, e.passport ooo.
Pls what shld i do?
Oboy that one no be police clearance oh!!!A true police clearance must carry all your finger prints,infact it has all Donmakavelli's attributes.If i may ask,how much did u pay for that?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2013
emmausa: Nope! I only obtained a written ststement saying i have no criminal records, and signed by d DPO, and i didnt provide all dis tins lik passport photo, e.passport ooo.
Pls what shld i do?

Report at Alagbon for a new PCC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 12:51pm On May 07, 2013
HELP!

Hello house!

I am just about to pay for my application fee on www.ontariocolleges.ca with my GTB Mastercard .. Pls after i have paid for the application fee with my GTB Mastercard.. What is the next thing? Will the sch of my choice contact me to send my doc to them? Please i need help!

Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:00pm On May 07, 2013
emmausa:
Pls what shld i do?

Am sorry, Dats not a Valid PCC sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 1:04pm On May 07, 2013
Hi all,

Is there anyone that has successfully applied for TRV through the online application system. It seems pretty straightforward though. I am only required to fill the application form and attach (i) my CAQ (since i'll be studying in Quebec); (ii) Family Information; (iii) Proof of Means of financial support; (iv) Passport or travel document; (v) Digital Photo and (vi) Letter of Acceptance.

I haven't completed the online application yet because i am awaiting receipt of my CAQ. I would like to know if anyone has successfully applied through the online application here in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 1:30pm On May 07, 2013
jennyfar:

Thanks earthgreeners, you scarce oh, have you started your visa app? I plan on starting mine as soon as I receive my admission letter from Ottawa too

Any peeps going to uni of Ottawa?

Yes,there is...I am...
Which course are you going for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 1:52pm On May 07, 2013
Nuendo:

Copy of intl passport of your sponsor.
letter of reference/introduction from his employer stating who he is etc ( if hez not self employed )
Letter of incorporation / tax clearance etc (if he is self employed)
Letter of sponsorship (stating his relationship with you and why he would sponsor u)
Affidavit of sponsorship (swearing in d court)
Bank statements showing proof of sufficient funds to take care of tuition + living expenses
Other proofs of strong financial standing e.g landed property, share certs , pension plan etc.

Please try visiting the CIC website for the specific requirements.
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/

Does it mean he doesn't need tax clearance or receipt if he's a salary earner?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jennyfar: 2:50pm On May 07, 2013
Onye oma:

Yes,there is...I am...
Which course are you going for

Law, you? What session, have you applied for ur visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 3:39pm On May 07, 2013
jennyfar:

Law, you? What session, have you applied for ur visa

Nice one...Chemical Engineering...fall session ßuђ might end up with winter session as I have not applied up till now...will apply as soon as I get my admission letter

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2013
Aduke02: Hi all, Is there anyone that has successfully applied for TRV through the online application system. It seems pretty straightforward though. I am only required to fill the application form and attach (i) my CAQ (since i'll be studying in Quebec); (ii) Family Information; (iii) Proof of Means of financial support; (iv) Passport or travel document; (v) Digital Photo and (vi) Letter of Acceptance.

I haven't completed the online application yet because i am awaiting receipt of my CAQ. I would like to know if anyone has successfully applied through the online application here in Nigeria. Thanks

The post above needs urgent attention......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 3:54pm On May 07, 2013
Is it possible to send email to CDHC to enquire about the online system?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 4:28pm On May 07, 2013
I think Sampitts has. Need to go back to the earlier pages to confirm. I applied Last Friday and received a notification in my e-mail box that my application has been sucessfully submitted. Same message in MyCIC page. I am praying and hoping for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 5:00pm On May 07, 2013
Goodday huz! Pls help ur bros oo!
Am using the online application, and i want to know, shld i download the application forms , fill it, print it, sign it and then upload it to MyCIC. Or is ther a way i can send the already filled application forms to MyCIC acct witout printing it out??.
Secondly for those who have used the online application do u summit police certificates......pls wat other documents do u summit online pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jennyfar: 5:01pm On May 07, 2013
Onye oma:

Nice one...Chemical Engineering...fall session ßuђ might end up with winter session as I have not applied up till now...will apply as soon as I get my admission letter

Have you gotten an electronic copy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 5:05pm On May 07, 2013
I just submitted personally at VFS Ikeja. Got admision to study Masters of Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MTEI) @ Saint Mary's University, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Start date is September 4.

The admission process was quite hectic. Seems I got all worn out even before visa application!

On my way back to Abuja.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2013
Aduke02: Hi all,

Is there anyone that has successfully applied for TRV through the online application system. It seems pretty straightforward though. I am only required to fill the application form and attach (i) my CAQ (since i'll be studying in Quebec); (ii) Family Information; (iii) Proof of Means of financial support; (iv) Passport or travel document; (v) Digital Photo and (vi) Letter of Acceptance.

That ll be sampitt, 2chains, Colgate and myself that I'm aware of now.

emmausa: Goodday huz! Pls help ur bros oo!
Am using the online application, and i want to know, shld i download the application forms , fill it, print it, sign it and then upload it to MyCIC. Or is ther a way i can send the already filled application forms to MyCIC acct witout printing it out??.
Secondly for those who have used the online application do u summit police certificates......pls wat other documents do u summit online pls

No need to print and sign. Just download, fill, save and upload back to them. I don't think anybody included police cert with the online app cad it's not requested.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:09pm On May 07, 2013
jennyfar:

Have you gotten an electronic copy?

I was just recommended to FGPS for admission this new week...the search for a supervisor (which is no where to be found) wasted my whole time...hoping to get a gud news at the end of the day...have you got urs

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.