Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,952 members, 7,890,146 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491529 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ardewharle(m): 12:00pm On May 09, 2013
dkgetmuny: Hey peeps I finally got my F-1 visa today...will give u details in a bit...I just need to sleep now
congrats bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gotousa2013: 12:10pm On May 09, 2013
technolee:
You can use any account provided it has a good cash flow and the balance is equivalent to or greater than the stipulated annual fee.
For your vaccination, a friend at Texas A&M-Kingsville did his own at the airport for 1k while leaving for spring 2013 (trust naija with sharp business as you have qualified doctors in search of daily needs). You can arrange 2k maximum while leaving but, don't wait till you get to college station unless you are a rich kid. My little contribution @my oga's at the top, you can add more pls

I am also in the same shoe... I have not seen hard copy of both my toefl and gre scores and I have gone to the post office more than 5 times , they said it has not been mailed... although school has seen it and i have got my admission but I am still looking at what to present at the embassy. please what can i do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 12:33pm On May 09, 2013
@gotousa and flynbird. u guys av to calm down, i just got my gre hard copy late last month using my home address,and i did the test jan 7, only to collect my hard copy letter April 26, so urs is coming soon.It is within 3months i guess.so calculate the tym u did the test by 3months,then u shud arrive at the month to get it,it can be earlier than that oooo.dont say i said is 3months ooo smiley keep calm n be on look out for ur letter at home or in the box. hope that help. cheers!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 09, 2013
gotousa2013:

I am also in the same shoe... I have not seen hard copy of both my toefl and gre scores and I have gone to the post office more than 5 times , they said it has not been mailed... although school has seen it and i have got my admission but I am still looking at what to present at the embassy. please what can i do?

U can use the online print-offs. I've not seen my GRE's hard copy (I did on Oct 29,2013) but I'm using the print-off.I'm heading to Down Under though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 12:45pm On May 09, 2013
so got there around 6am, we filled in as usual...i got into the hall and had to submit my I-20 nd passport to the Nigerian support staffs in the hall..the woman was so rude nd sounded like some bitch from the pit of hell..well i am not some1 to be intimidated...i replied her sharply and told her not to shout at me (tho i was wrong by not signing my I-20)..so i took my seat and waited for my number to appear on d display screen...meanwhile today was a good day..many visiting visa's wia issued and a few denied (those denied where deservedly denied.) Nigerians who go to deliver in the US, una better pay una bills complete, else na for consular dem go enter you.so my number appeared and i stepped forward, omo meeen...make una guess who i see inside cubicle...it was d dreaded chinko woman..i was like my own don pee today...

ME-Goodmorning
V.O-so what are you going to do in the united states
ME-well i am going for a masters in safety management, at West Virginia University, Morgan Town.
V.O- SO when last did you visit the US
ME-last year May
V.O-what did u go do there
ME- I went for my cousins wedding in illinois and also visited West Virginia Uni( the second part na lie o)
V.O-(putting that green card inside my passport) so what did u do in ur first degree
ME-Computer Engineering (i don dey dance azonto inside me)
V.O- did u apply to any other school
ME- NO
V.O- did u bother checkup some other schools
ME- yes but WVU was d only one that offered Safety Management with research interest in OIL and GAS safety which is my area of interest
V.O-(handing me the pick up card) Ok, come back for your visa ........................( i swear uptill now cant remember what she said)

NB: well it looks so simple ryt, my analyses is that the fact dat i av bn to d united states nd came back in due time stood me a good chance...my tourist visa expires nxt yr may. but dis analysis is just human...above all it was Gods favour. i ddnt do GRE but i did IELTS but she ddnt ask for any, obviously my travel history was enuff for her.
meanwhile i will advise you write standard test like GRE,IELTs and TOEFL cos she denied virtually all the guys that went before me for student visa...they ddnt write any test plus dey applied to community colleges..even other V.Os denied all d community college applicants...i know dis cos i sat in d front row and i was eavesdropping all d cubicle. lol
imperiouxx, bigfrancis and co always say the truth by warning on some random schools and not taking test...it may count against you... going back to bed, c u in a jiffy lol

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2013
dkgetmuny: Hey peeps I finally got my F-1 visa today...will give u details in a bit...I just need to sleep now

Congratulation !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2013
mr swagger:

@technolee, which of the airport did ur friend do the vaccination, is it the international airport or local airport.

And also, do they do this particular immunization at the airport; ( Measles, Mumps, rubella) and Hepatitis B.

My school require this before you can enroll. But I intend doing the immunization before I leave for fall 2013 session. Please shed more light on this bro. Thanks. One luv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 09, 2013
dkgetmuny: so got there around 6am, we filled in as usual...i got into the hall and had to submit my I-20 nd passport to the Nigerian support staffs in the hall..the woman was so rude nd sounded like some bitch from the pit of hell..well i am not some1 to be intimidated...i replied her sharply and told her not to shout at me (tho i was wrong by not signing my I-20)..so i took my seat and waited for my number to appear on d display screen...meanwhile today was a good day..many visiting visa's wia issued and a few denied (those denied where deservedly denied.) Nigerians who go to deliver in the US, una better pay una bills complete, else na for consular dem go enter you.so my number appeared and i stepped forward, omo meeen...make una guess who i see inside cubicle...it was d dreaded chinko woman..i was like my own don pee today...

ME-Goodmorning
V.O-so what are you going to do in the united states
ME-well i am going for a masters in safety management, at West Virginia University, Morgan Town.
V.O- SO when last did you visit the US
ME-last year May
V.O-what did u go do there
ME- I went for my cousins wedding in illinois and also visited West Virginia Uni( the second part na lie o)
V.O-(putting that green card inside my passport) so what did u do in ur first degree
ME-Computer Engineering (i don dey dance azonto inside me)
V.O- did u apply to any other school
ME- NO
V.O- did u bother checkup some other schools
ME- yes but WVU was d only one that offered Safety Management with research interest in OIL and GAS safety which is my area of interest
V.O-(handing me the pick up card) Ok, come back for your visa ........................( i swear uptill now cant remember what she said)

NB: well it looks so simple ryt, my analyses is that the fact dat i av bn to d united states nd came back in due time stood me a good chance...my tourist visa expires nxt yr may. but dis analysis is just human...above all it was Gods favour. i ddnt do GRE but i did IELTS but she ddnt ask for any, obviously my travel history was enuff for her.
meanwhile i will advise you write standard test like GRE,IELTs and TOEFL cos she denied virtually all the guys that went before me for student visa...they ddnt write any test plus dey applied to community colleges..even other V.Os denied all d community college applicants...i know dis cos i sat in d front row and i was eavesdropping all d cubicle. lol
imperiouxx, bigfrancis and co always say the truth by warning on some random schools and not taking test...it may count against you... going back to bed, c u in a jiffy lol

Congrats! And where's that fellow that attacked me over Community College brouhaha? I need an apology!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:49pm On May 09, 2013
@technloee you quoted my last post but you didn't write anything regarding the question I asked about getting immunization at the airport. Please get back to me on this issue. Thnx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:50pm On May 09, 2013
dkgetmuny

Congratulations!
We are right here waiting for you when you wake up! grin
I guess you're for fall 2013? What embassy did you go to for your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:53pm On May 09, 2013
@Oga Bigfrancis and evryone in da house I greet u all.

please I need help in calculating the Credit hours an undergraduate student can take.

How many credit hours can an undergraduate
student studying Business administration/
Management take per academic year?

Thanks guys... Waiting for ur anticipated response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:55pm On May 09, 2013
FIZIK: @winbyforce.
I am currently in Anambra.
Went yo the Anambra state university teaching hospital(ANSUTH) a few days ago. They admitted to not having the vaccine. Where did u get yours exactly?

Does anybody have an idea if my Statement of Account must be Current instead of Savings?

Have you tried University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Enugu? They'll more than likely have the vaccine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 09, 2013
mr swagger: @Oga Bigfrancis and evryone in da house I greet u all.

please I need help in calculating the Credit hours an undergraduate student can take.

Some folks do not know a thing on Business Admin. Do you mean in Nigeria or in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:24pm On May 09, 2013
mr swagger: @Oga Bigfrancis and evryone in da house I greet u all.

I don't really know much about undergraduate credits buh you could quickly check that by visiting the school's website and looking at the degree structure/plan etc. You'll definitely see what you're looking for there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:25pm On May 09, 2013
pawn89:

fall semester 2013, no funding or am not sure about how to go about the funding. if theres anything you could say on that i'll appreciate. That is if its not already too late, however i think its a yearly thing so if i miss out on this year funding i should be prepared for the next.
thanks

Yea, by getting on campus this semester, you can then hunt for a position for spring semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 2:39pm On May 09, 2013
congrat bro...wat an interview.. i guess bcz u v bn to US did d magic, but all d same, God still did wonders...congrats dkgetmuny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:41pm On May 09, 2013
ferdimako:

Some folks do not know a thing on Business Admin. Do you mean in Nigeria or in the US?

@Ferdimako thanks for ur response. Actually, it is nt necessary for it to be Business Admin. I just want to have an idea of the total credit hours for undergraduate studies in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:45pm On May 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I don't really know much about undergraduate credits buh you could quickly check that by visiting the school's website and looking at the degree structure/plan etc. You'll definitely see what you're looking for there.

I will go on their website and check it out.

And also @Bigfrancis I want to say a Big thank you to you for the help you rendered me regarding the payment of my application fee with a GTBank mastercard.

You were so sure that the GTBank mastercard would work and it worked perfectly.

I used my little brother's friend GTBank mastercard to pay for the application fee for my school in US and it worked perfectly.

Thnx bro.. One luv!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:36pm On May 09, 2013

Congratulations....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 3:37pm On May 09, 2013
bigfrancis21: dkgetmuny

Congratulations!
We are right here waiting for you when you wake up! grin
I guess you're for fall 2013? What embassy did you go to for your interview?

lol tnx bro, m awake now...yes am for fall ( august) i did it in lagos....the pick up letter the woman gave reads pick up letter for visitors visa..abi no be students suppose dey ontop?...me i don reach house before i begin look all dat one loool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2013

Congratulations man. It shall take you from glory to glory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2013
mr swagger: @technloee you quoted my last post but you didn't write anything regarding the question I asked about getting immunization at the airport. Please get back to me on this issue. Thnx bro
Don't mind me my brother. I actually replied and I don't know what ensued. Anyway, he did the vaccination at MMA (meningitis and yellow fever). He had the mind of doing it at Texas as a rich kid but, he saw doctors at the airport administering the test (man pikin must fetch for daily needs you know!) and he paid 1k. In your own case, you can arrange for like 3k,try it out and get back to the house for us to have a sure place of getting the vaccines when required. I am on standby for any other clarification. One love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TLeo001: 7:35pm On May 09, 2013
@house... How una dey? please can someone make use of SAT scores of 2011? I mean at the embassy and to secure admission.

Do SAT scores have an expiration date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 8:17pm On May 09, 2013
T-Leo001:
@house... How una dey? please can someone make use of SAT scores of 2011? I mean at the embassy and to secure admission.

5 years I think. 2011 SAT scores are still very valid.

@dkgetmuny, Congratulations smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:27pm On May 09, 2013
T-Leo001:

SAT scores have expiry date.

SAT scores expires after 2 years of the date u took the exam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:30pm On May 09, 2013
Find Out!:

5 years I think. 2011 SAT scores are still very valid.

@dkgetmuny, Congratulations smiley

@find-out, Hey bro, I don't think so.. I think it's valid for 2 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 8:45pm On May 09, 2013
Hello House, I have been reading through from part 1 for the past few days. I'm encouraged and grateful to all who have shared their experience and congratulations to dkgetumny.
I got admission to Texas A&M International for MS Information System. Will be getting my I-20 in a couple of days, after which i'll proceed for the interview. I look forward to sharing my success story soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2013
T-Leo001:

Hi T-Leo, don't get confused pls, SAT last for 5years before expiration while TOEFL last 2years, so u can still use 2011 SAT for whatever.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:35pm On May 09, 2013
CONGRATS GBAM GBAM, i hope u got this shit because u ve been to yankee B4
@Nairalanders travelling exprience matters alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 09, 2013
onipedey: Hi T-Leo, don't get confused pls, SAT last for 5years before expiration while TOEFL last 2years, so u can still use 2011 SAT for whatever.

Yes you are right. SAT is valid for 5years, GRE-5years, while TOEFL is valid for just 2years. Chio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 09, 2013
Oluwawapelumee: Hello House, I have been reading through from part 1 for the past few days. I'm encouraged and grateful to all who have shared their experience and congratulations to dkgetumny.
I got admission to Texas A&M International for MS Information System. Will be getting my I-20 in a couple of days, after which i'll proceed for the interview. I look forward to sharing my success story soon.

After the i20 arrival, you pay for Sevis,pay for interview and book.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:25pm On May 09, 2013
@T-leo001 and @Find out, I'm sorry for the wrong info I initially stated above. SAT scores are valid for 5 years and NOT 2 years..

But you can still mail your chosen university to confirm and to make sure you are on the right path.. One luv bro!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.