Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,056 members, 7,919,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (493305 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 9:46am On May 11, 2013
Can someone reply to this post plzzzzz....thanks
gbemonology1: Hi guys, is university zip code under SEVIS information in appointment schedule form the same as school code on I-20 form? Secondly, is it possible to fill in Abuja as visa post on DS-160 and schedule visa appointment in Lagos? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:35am On May 11, 2013
Congrats folks for successfully procuring your visas. I wish I could sing the same song with you guys soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2013
gbemonology1: Can someone reply to this post plzzzzz....thanks

School code is clearly stated on every I-20 but I don't think it's the same on SEVIS info (unless where it's stated as school code). About your second issue, once you picked Abuja as your post from the beginning, the date page will only show you dates available for Abuja but not Lagos vice versa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 11, 2013
@Monology1, the answer to your second question is "absolutely yes." but if you want to go for your interview let the DS-160 and the place of Appointment be the same place, that is Lagos-Lagos or better still Abuja-Abuja. Do you understand?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2013
Hello people, have been reading this thread for a while now,and its been interesting, am applying ti virginia international university, am expecting my I-20 nextweek,and i want to make friends here. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2013
oyetpel: Hello people, have been reading this thread for a while now,and its been interesting, am applying ti virginia international university, am expecting my I-20 nextweek,and i want to make friends here. Thanks

VIU = Virginia International University...... forget about that school. QED!

Though you would have paid about $200 they usually request.

Read more on part 3 of the thread (From Nov 2012 till early this year).

Friends.....hmmmm, you won't see except those that had bitter experience the school caused them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 11:20am On May 11, 2013
oyetpel: Hello people, have been reading this thread for a while now,and its been interesting, am applying ti virginia international university, am expecting my I-20 nextweek,and i want to make friends here. Thanks
shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry

Hell no!, You haven't been reading this thread!

shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:59am On May 11, 2013
Go ahead and apply and blame the VO for not issuing you visa. I don't think you realize the havoc you want to cause yourself. The school is one of the blacklisted institutions and will definitely spell doom to your application. It will be "Breaking News" if you procure your visa with it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2013
De Tus: Go ahead and apply and blame the VO for not issuing you visa. I don't think you realize the havoc you want to cause yourself. The school is one of the blacklisted institutions and will definitely spell doom to your application. It will be "Breaking News" if you procure your visa with it.
Are you refering to me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

VIU = Virginia International University...... forget about that school. QED!

Though you would have paid about $200 they usually request.

Read more on part 3 of the thread (From Nov 2012 till early this year).

Friends.....hmmmm, you won't see except those that had bitter experience the school caused them.
Bitter experience? what do ou mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 11, 2013
oyetpel:
Are you refering to me?

Yep, he's.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:11pm On May 11, 2013
oyetpel:
Bitter experience? what do ou mean?

THE SCHOOL WAS BUILT WITH MUSHROOM!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

THE SCHOOL WAS BUILT WITH MUSHROOM!
I cant understand you. please make it clear to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2013
oyetpel:
I cant understand you. please make it clear to me.

It's a mushroom school with zero credibility at the embassy. Shikena!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 11, 2013
@Oyetpel, yes. Pls don't take this troublesome school to the embassy before those white guys start seeing everybody as "potential immigrant". Infact, let me get mine first before you go for your interview.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2013
bones007:

sorry for the late reply i'm on night plan..when u get to the international airport get into the arrival i mean inside tell the security men u want to send a message thru ems or nipost..

No biggie bro, i see you're in flying mode. Thanks for the info and enjoy the little time you have here in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 1:26pm On May 11, 2013
De Tus: @Oyetpel, yes. Pls don't take this troublesome school to the embassy before those white guys start seeing everybody as "potential immigrant". Infact, let me get mine first before you go for your interview.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:30pm On May 11, 2013
De Tus: @Oyetpel, yes. Pls don't take this troublesome school to the embassy before those white guys start seeing everybody as "potential immigrant". Infact, let me get mine first before you go for your interview.
grin grin grin
Can't stop laughing here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 1:30pm On May 11, 2013
hope4me2012:

Hmmn..... just updating the appointment profile is insufficient, because his appointment permit will already have the old ds160 number.
The way out will be to call the embassy/consulate and have them update his appointment permit with the new ds160 number. Someone earlier did is in the forum. ....www.nairaland.com/search?q=i+called+them+update+ds160.

Oh Yes, it is sufficient! He can call but doesn't have to call. He can always do this himself on the update profile tab where he can change the ds160 confirmation number. Another appointment ticket with the updated confirmation id will automatically be emailed. Just checked it, nothing has changed.

Either way, this will save the stress of cancelling and looking for another date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chemical2(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2013
Well done guys, never knew this thread existed till now. Anyone admitted to ASU polythecnic campus for fall 2013? wanted to rub minds concerning some issues! Well done once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 1:37pm On May 11, 2013
@Oyetpel, mehn that VIU for embassy na gobe brekete so ill advice its better u start applying to other schools
2ndly u might try ur luck with oshe dudu ask bones007 may b she can help u out
3rdly as per "potential immigrant" everybody know as he dey go now many nigerians make use of this oppurtunity to leave because of d country situation. " personally" i intend schooling, its not all abt yankee any country outside nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2013

It's been success stories thru the week and I'm sure you'll like to share yours too. What I'll advice is if you're expecting other schools I20, you should take that to the embassy for your interview. But.....God still works wonders.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:42pm On May 11, 2013

My dear, the point is the school is a very low-ranked one-building 'university' which the visa officers don't regard. The admission process is way too cheap and easy and they give admissions too all John Toms, the admission criteria being just paying $200. grin Because of the ease of getting admission there, the VOs don't regard VIU prospective students as truly ready to learn but rather desperate potential immigrants seeking to escape from Nigeria. This always leads to visa denials.

Read the indicated pages on part 3 of this thread as Imperiouxx said. Many VIU students have gone to the embassy only to have their visas denied, they came here, got useful advice, reapplied to better schools, went for their interviews again and got their visas.

Imagine you're a Nigerian visa officer at the Nigerian embassy at say, South Africa, and you have prospective south africans coming to you for visa approvals. If you'd gladly grant those going to UNN, UNILAG, UI, UNIBEN, UNIZIK etc. their visas, would you also grant visa to someone who applied to one of these very low ranked Nigerian unis/polys or even College of Education? Won't he/she strike you as not being serious to study and having some other intentions?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 1:55pm On May 11, 2013
Chemical2: Well done guys, never knew this thread existed till now. Anyone admitted to ASU polythecnic campus for fall 2013? wanted to rub minds concerning some issues! Well done once more.

ASU polythecnic Please write name of school in full
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2013

They've said it all. Truth is that, on this forum, visa issuance rate for VIU is 0%. So if you still want to go ahead with the schools I-20, it won't be for want of knowledge. I'll advise you apply to more reputable schools - against spring 2014 obviously. All the best mate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chemical2(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2013
gr8ever:

ASU polythecnic Please write name of school in full

Arizona State University, polythenic campus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:07pm On May 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 11, 2013
@bigfrancis, yeah man hahahaha keep laughing. Let those with potential immigrants stuff stay at my back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 3:16pm On May 11, 2013
De Tus: @Monology1, the answer to your second question is "absolutely yes." but if you want to go for your interview let the DS-160 and the place of Appointment be the same place, that is Lagos-Lagos or better still Abuja-Abuja. Do you understand?
@De Tus...Thanks for d info bro, is it possible for me to fill another DS-160 and use d new confirmation code to book appointment in Lagos? @imperiouxx..Thanks for d info, on the appointment form, there's a column for university zip code...is it d same as school code?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 11, 2013
Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 3:34pm On May 11, 2013
Hello house...there seems to be a low student visa issuance in the Lagos embassy this week,do you guyz think next week would be better?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 11, 2013
To respond for our Chairman, the answer is no. It's not the same. School code and zip code are not same. So go ahead and schedule your appointment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.