Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,900 members, 7,889,967 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491516 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by adelegan1: 2:57pm On May 10, 2013
will my waec certificate be verify if applying for US spousal visa. The year of my date of birth is wrong on my waec certificate but the day and month is correct. My friend told me they will ask for my waec at point in time.please house i need your response as soon as possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2013
Exams DONE! What NEXT? Naija here i come! Glory be to God ! Hallelujah grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2013
Adolite: Exams DONE! What NEXT? Naija here i come! Glory be to God ! Hallelujah grin grin grin

Wish u success man! Success story everywhere,I pray that we all fall applicants get ours too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 4:54pm On May 10, 2013
flynbird: Guys is it possible to schedule an appointment with the embassy without having my I-20 yet. School resumes soon. Just need to secure a space before then but before then I should have my I-20 and all.

quote author=technolee]
Capital NO.
Not without a code on your I-20. Just get everything you need ready and you follow up as soon as you get the paper. Enjoy[/quote]

It's not a capital NO.

1) If your I20 has not been prepared at all, then It's a NO.

2) If it has been prepared and you are waiting for it to be mailed and you could get your school code and sevis id (which you may be able to get from your international admissions office), then, per the last time I checked, you can go ahead to book your appointment.

3) If you think you have enough time, you can wait for the I20.

Now that I'm thinking about 1) again, I am thinking there's even a way around that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 5:00pm On May 10, 2013
Where is Yvete,its bin long you came on here or is it ur exams? Wishing u success. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2013
bones007: GLORY BE TO BABA GOD!
i was granted my visa today at the Lagos embassy without even having to bring my i-20 out talk-less of other document
VO- Hi
me- good afternoon
vo- why u going to the US?
me- for study for my undergraduate
vo- what school
me- concord university in west virginia
vo- do u have SAT?
me- no
vo- how many school do u apply to?
me- 4
vo-who will be sponsoring u?
me- my mum
vo- what does she do?
me- she is a business
vo- what kind of business?
me- she's a distributor to unilever nigeria plc and pz nigeria plc, and many othher companies in nigeria
vo- have travel outside nigeria before
me- yes
vo- where?
me- USA, dubai,ghana
vo- where in US do u travel to?
me- New york and florida
vo- how many school do u apply to?(i think he purposely ask me this again)
me- 4
vo- pick up ur visa on tuesday at ikeja.
me- thank you sir

i was nervous when he was asking me question, with my experience applicant dont have to be over too know with them, just act u are a normal person. the vo didnt even ask me to show my for i-20, bank statement etc, only the gtbank slip and sevis fees receipt he had wit him. I WAS FULL OF JOY WHEN HE GRANTED ME THE VISA. my appreciation goes to the entire nairaland member on this thread most especially to these following people( IMPERIOUXX, bigfrancis21, fittty, OjaP, olarwarlay, Yvete)for their support during this visa struggle. God bless you all.

Congrats to you bro.The VO gave you the visa without you taking standardized test...Believe me, God is really with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2013
bones007:

the best and fastest way to make ur document reach it destination quick is to go send the document at international airport.

Bro, where and how will yuo go about it at the international airport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=ardewharle]
@dkgetmuny, I just scheduled a friend for his visa interview on June 12. He is hoping to join for fall 2013 at WVU, Morgan town. I won't mind hooking him up with you so you guys could rock the town together!!! Let us start from here please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 7:53pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=technolee][/quote]rock the town ke.....na book me i dey go read oo....what course is he goin for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:03pm On May 10, 2013
dkgetmuny: Well bones obviously had his recent US travel history work for him considering d skool and approval without sat just like me without gre, infact she ddnt even ask me for my gre.. Pls what makes the fall have a higher visa approval rate? @bones so its tuesday to pick up the visa me ddnt know, I was totally deaf when the lady said come pick up ur visa...the white paper given to me said visitors pick up bla bla is it same with yours?

yeah the paper is same, you can check for yours on tuesday as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:06pm On May 10, 2013
marshaldollz: congrats on your Visa...pls how was your composure,were you smiling or just a straight face and were you using your hands to demostrate?

I was just my normal person i wasnt even looking at his face though i was nervous wish i think is necessary as a normal human being. just be yourself and try and do u have the document, they dont care about ur documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:06pm On May 10, 2013
@bones007 Congrats good news in da house brekete,
Omo d baba wey help u do that oshe-dudu grin grin grin na confirma, without any standardize test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:08pm On May 10, 2013
hope4me2012: bones007 and dkgetmuny congrats to both of you. Really happy for you guys.

thanks alot...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:13pm On May 10, 2013
gr8ever:

Congrats to you bro.The VO gave you the visa without you taking standardized test...Believe me, God is really with you.

seriously my brother God is really with me, even wen the guy was gonna make the decision.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 9:19pm On May 10, 2013
smithjanetstore: @bones007 Congrats good news in da house brekete,
Omo d baba wey help u do that oshe-dudu grin grin grin na confirma, without any standardize test

lmao....... U be funny guy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:22pm On May 10, 2013
gr8ever:

Bro, where and how will yuo go about it at the international airport

sorry for the late reply i'm on night plan..when u get to the international airport get into the arrival i mean inside tell the security men u want to send a message thru ems or nipost..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:30pm On May 10, 2013
Snazzygirl:

lmao....... U be funny guy!

cheesy grin grin grin grin this girl will kill me oo oshe dudu ke nothing like that oo, but to be honest i think is due to the kind of high school i went to ''the british school of lome'' is one of the very best school in africa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2013
dkgetmuny: rock the town ke.....na book me i dey go read oo....what course is he goin for
You suppose understand me now. Show them that naija's get the IQ pass indians and chinkos!! He is going for MS in ECE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 10:01pm On May 10, 2013
Hi guys, is university zip code under SEVIS information in appointment schedule form the same as school code on I-20 form? Secondly, is it possible to fill in Abuja as visa post on DS-160 and schedule visa appointment in Lagos? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mckenziiii: 10:12pm On May 10, 2013
Hi guyz is it true dat all lagos appointment are being suspended?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 11:05pm On May 10, 2013
Square65:

quote author=technolee]
Capital NO.
Not without a code on your I-20. Just get everything you need ready and you follow up as soon as you get the paper. Enjoy

It's not a capital NO.

1) If your I20 has not been prepared at all, then It's a NO.

2) If it has been prepared and you are waiting for it to be mailed and you could get your school code and sevis id (which you may be able to get from your international admissions office), then, per the last time I checked, you can go ahead to book your appointment.

3) If you think you have enough time, you can wait for the I20.

Now that I'm thinking about 1) again, I am thinking there's even a way around that.

Ok. But If I'm not wrong I think i read somewhere on this thread that says one can secure an appointment date, While filling out the DS form online..... I mean like saving and completing it later before submitting. All before the interview date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 2:59am On May 11, 2013
bones007:

I was just my normal person i wasnt even looking at his face though i was nervous wish i think is necessary as a normal human being. just be yourself and try and do u have the document, they dont care about ur documents.
wow! Mainne...thanks a lot bro...congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:13am On May 11, 2013
bones007:

cheesy grin grin grin grin this girl will kill me oo oshe dudu ke nothing like that oo, but to be honest i think is due to the kind of high school i went to ''the british school of lome'' is one of the very best school in africa.

That amount to nothing friend. Just be thanking your good great luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:23am On May 11, 2013
flynbird:

Ok. But If I'm not wrong I think i read somewhere on this thread that says one can secure an appointment date, While filling out the DS form online..... I mean like saving and completing it later before submitting. All before the interview date

I dont think its possible to secure an appoinment without the 120 forms, there are indeed places were you are required to fill the sevis number and school code on both the ds160 and interview scheduling forms, so without the 120 shipped to you , theres no way of knowing , just get the 120 forms, its the first step.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 5:19am On May 11, 2013
smokes:

I dont think its possible to secure an appoinment without the 120 forms, there are indeed places were you are required to fill the sevis number and school code on both the ds160 and interview scheduling forms, so without the 120 shipped to you , theres no way of knowing , just get the 120 forms, its the first step.
God bless you mehn! Exactly why I said capital NO. You cannot book unless you have the I-20 or you have informed your school to mail it to your contact person in yankee and the person then scan and send to you before mailing to you proper. Anyway, you can start the process as you will need some other things like your passport number, choice of state for the interview, etc. Please, let us treat another issue and move forward because, I scheduled for a friend yesterday and I hope to come back here in 33days time for thanksgiving.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:26am On May 11, 2013
flynbird:

Yea, you can actually initiate a ds160 application, take note of your application id (which will eventually be your confirmation id after submission), then go ahead to schedule an appointment with the application id. You can then submit the ds160 application after scheduling.

But then, I think scheduling appointment will also require your sevis id and sch code. If it does require, I am not sure (can't remember) if you can enter some random details and change it in the update profile tab after you get the real details, as can be done for confirmation id (should you decide to fill a new ds160).

If you can just get your sevis id and sch code (or find sch code in Google) then you'll be all set.

Else, you can just patiently wait for your docs to arrive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 7:28am On May 11, 2013
@flynbird,
You hav a point, it is true that u can start the ds-160 form online without completing it, and then schedule ur appointment.

However, be mindful that the incomplete ds-160 form will only be saved in their system for about 30days, so if u are sure that ur I-20 will reach u b4 30days, then go ahead, if it does not, then u can cancel the appointment, and fill another ds-160 form.
Hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:45am On May 11, 2013
technolee:
God bless you mehn! Exactly why I said capital NO. You cannot book unless you have the I-20 or you have informed your school to mail it to your contact person in yankee and the person then scan and send to you before mailing to you proper. Anyway, you can start the process as you will need some other things like your passport number, choice of state for the interview, etc. Please, let us treat another issue and move forward because, I scheduled for a friend yesterday and I hope to come back here in 33days time for thanksgiving.

Just to let you know that I booked my appointment long before I had an idea of what my i20 looked like. (Just like I've done for a lot of people). I just got the necessary details-sch code and sevis id from the admissions officer, so NO it's not a capital NO. You don't need the physical i20 or a scanned copy before you book.

There are always some "tips" which you can only have from experience and I don't see how it hurts to know them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:48am On May 11, 2013
hope4me2012: @flynbird,
You hav a point, it is true that u can start the ds-160 form online without completing it, and then schedule ur appointment.

However, be mindful that the incomplete ds-160 form will only be saved in their system for about 30days, so if u are sure that ur I-20 will reach u b4 30days, then go ahead, if it does not, then u can cancel the appointment, and fill another ds-160 form.
Hope this helps.

He doesn't even need to cancel the appointment, he just needs to fill another ds 160 and update his appointment profile with the application id of the new one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 8:21am On May 11, 2013
bones007:

British school of lome ke! no dude, that was not one bit of a factor...when God perfects something for we humans we tend to look at the human factors..well from ur interview post d remotest advantage was ur travel history to the US but above all it was Gods favour...i saw a student of Atlantic hall denied with her uniform on and i saw another two gals from same school aprroved..on a lighter mood, remember mutallab attended british school of lome, so you see it was Gods favour lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 9:12am On May 11, 2013
Square65:

He doesn't even need to cancel the appointment, he just needs to fill another ds 160 and update his appointment profile with the application id of the new one.

Hmmn..... just updating the appointment profile is insufficient, because his appointment permit will already have the old ds160 number.
The way out will be to call the embassy/consulate and have them update his appointment permit with the new ds160 number. Someone earlier did this in the forum. ....www.nairaland.com/search?q=i+called+them+update+ds160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:45am On May 11, 2013
dkgetmuny:
British school of lome ke! no dude, that was not one bit of a factor...when God perfects something for we humans we tend to look at the human factors..well from ur interview post d remotest advantage was ur travel history to the US but above all it was Gods favour...i saw a student of Atlantic hall denied with her uniform on and i saw another two gals from same school aprroved..on a lighter mood, remember mutallab attended british school of lome, so you see it was Gods favour lol

well u guys are probably right, not even my travel history that help me cos i saw on many occasion the VO denied pple wit travel history and not that they travel to cotonou or ghana. muttalab went to the school but he wasnt a student of the school wen the incident happen, i dont think that should affect the decision. infact i got my first visa during those period of incident, though i face hell at some airport in US.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.