Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,223 members, 7,950,248 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:00 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494639 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:26pm On May 09, 2013
@T-leo001 and @Find out, I'm sorry for the wrong info I initially stated above. SAT scores are valid for 5 years and NOT 2 years..

I did my research on the internet.

But you can still mail your chosen university to confirm and to make sure you are on the right path.. One luv bro!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:32pm On May 09, 2013
technolee:
Don't mind me my brother. I actually replied and I don't know what ensued. Anyway, he did the vaccination at MMA (meningitis and yellow fever). He had the mind of doing it at Texas as a rich kid but, he saw doctors at the airport administering the test (man pikin must fetch for daily needs you know!) and he paid 1k. In your own case, you can arrange for like 3k,try it out and get back to the house for us to have a sure place of getting the vaccines when required. I am on standby for any other clarification. One love

Okay bro, thanks for ur kind response. I will go to the international airport and get it done. And I will get bck to u guys on here on nairaland... One luv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:42pm On May 09, 2013
IMPERIOUXX and Others in the House:

I read somewhere on this thread, I don't remember the page actually, about NIPOST registered mailing to overseas. Please can someone who has used it recently quickly recap how one can go about it and the cost? My course mate wants to send his documents across to a university in the UK and he needs the cheapest means possible. I then suggested to him to send via NIPOST registered mail. I'm waiting.
Gracias hombre! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 11:02pm On May 09, 2013
GLORY BE TO BABA GOD!
i was granted my visa today at the Lagos embassy without even having to bring my i-20 out talk-less of other document
VO- Hi
me- good afternoon
vo- why u going to the US?
me- for study for my undergraduate
vo- what school
me- concord university in west virginia
vo- do u have SAT?
me- no
vo- how many school do u apply to?
me- 4
vo-who will be sponsoring u?
me- my mum
vo- what does she do?
me- she is a business
vo- what kind of business?
me- she's a distributor to unilever nigeria plc and pz nigeria plc, and many othher companies in nigeria
vo- have travel outside nigeria before
me- yes
vo- where?
me- USA, dubai,ghana
vo- where in US do u travel to?
me- New york and florida
vo- how many school do u apply to?(i think he purposely ask me this again)
me- 4
vo- pick up ur visa on tuesday at ikeja.
me- thank you sir

i was nervous when he was asking me question, with my experience applicant dont have to be over too know with them, just act u are a normal person. the vo didnt even ask me to show my for i-20, bank statement etc, only the gtbank slip and sevis fees receipt he had wit him. I WAS FULL OF JOY WHEN HE GRANTED ME THE VISA. my appreciation goes to the entire nairaland member on this thread most especially to these following people( IMPERIOUXX, bigfrancis21, fittty, OjaP, olarwarlay, Yvete)for their support during this visa struggle. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:06pm On May 09, 2013
bigfrancis21: IMPERIOUXX and Others in the House:

I read somewhere on this thread, I don't remember the page actually, about NIPOST registered mailing to overseas. Please can someone who has used it recently quickly recap how one can go about it and the cost? My course mate wants to send his documents across to a university in the UK and he needs the cheapest means possible. I then suggested to him to send via NIPOST registered mail. I'm waiting.
Gracias hombre! cheesy

Yes, he could use Nipost because i used it recently and they delivered right on time.
I think it would be delivered faster if he uses the one at Ikeja Computer Village. I paid 700 naira for the registered and it was delivered in 10 working days.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 11:08pm On May 09, 2013
dkgetmuny: so got there around 6am, we filled in as usual...i got into the hall and had to submit my I-20 nd passport to the Nigerian support staffs in the hall..the woman was so rude nd sounded like some bitch from the pit of hell..well i am not some1 to be intimidated...i replied her sharply and told her not to shout at me (tho i was wrong by not signing my I-20)..so i took my seat and waited for my number to appear on d display screen...meanwhile today was a good day..many visiting visa's wia issued and a few denied (those denied where deservedly denied.) Nigerians who go to deliver in the US, una better pay una bills complete, else na for consular dem go enter you.so my number appeared and i stepped forward, omo meeen...make una guess who i see inside cubicle...it was d dreaded chinko woman..i was like my own don pee today...

ME-Goodmorning
V.O-so what are you going to do in the united states
ME-well i am going for a masters in safety management, at West Virginia University, Morgan Town.
V.O- SO when last did you visit the US
ME-last year May
V.O-what did u go do there
ME- I went for my cousins wedding in illinois and also visited West Virginia Uni( the second part na lie o)
V.O-(putting that green card inside my passport) so what did u do in ur first degree
ME-Computer Engineering (i don dey dance azonto inside me)
V.O- did u apply to any other school
ME- NO
V.O- did u bother checkup some other schools
ME- yes but WVU was d only one that offered Safety Management with research interest in OIL and GAS safety which is my area of interest
V.O-(handing me the pick up card) Ok, come back for your visa ........................( i swear uptill now cant remember what she said)

NB: well it looks so simple ryt, my analyses is that the fact dat i av bn to d united states nd came back in due time stood me a good chance...my tourist visa expires nxt yr may. but dis analysis is just human...above all it was Gods favour. i ddnt do GRE but i did IELTS but she ddnt ask for any, obviously my travel history was enuff for her.
meanwhile i will advise you write standard test like GRE,IELTs and TOEFL cos she denied virtually all the guys that went before me for student visa...they ddnt write any test plus dey applied to community colleges..even other V.Os denied all d community college applicants...i know dis cos i sat in d front row and i was eavesdropping all d cubicle. lol
imperiouxx, bigfrancis and co always say the truth by warning on some random schools and not taking test...it may count against you... going back to bed, c u in a jiffy lol

was that in Lagos embassy? it was a good day there today, i got mine as well. congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2013
@bones007 - Congratulations..... I tap into your annointing smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 11:31pm On May 09, 2013
olarwarlay: @bones007 - Congratulations..... I tap into your annointing smiley

thanks alot man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 11:39pm On May 09, 2013

Gracias hombre! cheesy
Franco, your suggestion was right and it is the cheapest so far. Let him gather all his document and send them through registered mail. It will get down in 10 or 12 work days maximum. I sent a bank statement of account to my undergraduate lecturer studying at tennessee last month and it took less than 10 days self and I paid N350. The price is a function of document size but, no matter what, he can't spend more than N1500. My 2 cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 12:08am On May 10, 2013
technolee:
Franco, your suggestion was right and it is the cheapest so far. Let him gather all his document and send them through registered mail. It will get down in 10 or 12 work days maximum. I sent a bank statement of account to my undergraduate lecturer studying at tennessee last month and it took less than 10 days self and I paid N350. The price is a function of document size but, no matter what, he can't spend more than N1500. My 2 cents

the best and fastest way to make ur document reach it destination quick is to go send the document at international airport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:16am On May 10, 2013
bones007: GLORY BE TO BABA GOD!
i was granted my visa today at the Lagos embassy without even having to bring my i-20 out talk-less of other document
VO- Hi
me- good afternoon
vo- what school
vo- do u have SAT?
me- no
me- 4
me- my mum
vo- what does she do?
me- she is a business
me- she's a distributor to unilever nigeria plc and pz nigeria plc, and many othher companies in nigeria
me- yes
vo- where?
me- USA, dubai,ghana
me- New york and florida
me- 4
me- thank you sir

i was nervous when he was asking me question, with my experience applicant dont have to be over too know with them, just act u are a normal person. the vo didnt even ask me to show my for i-20, bank statement etc, only the gtbank slip and sevis fees receipt he had wit him. I WAS FULL OF JOY WHEN HE GRANTED ME THE VISA. my appreciation goes to the entire nairaland member on this thread most especially to these following people( IMPERIOUXX, bigfrancis21, fittty, OjaP, olarwarlay, Yvete)for their support during this visa struggle. God bless you all.

Congratulations man!
Wow! Lotta approvals and good news coming in this period! Una don dey ginger me make I go do my own immediately.cheesy
The VOs have become more open because Fall semester is around the corner, I guess. cool

I'll be going for my interview next month. Pheew! #Shudders#

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:19am On May 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

Yes, he could use Nipost because i used it recently and they delivered right on time.
I think it would be delivered faster if he uses the one at Ikeja Computer Village. I paid 700 naira for the registered and it was delivered in 10 working days.

technolee:

bones007:

the best and fastest way to make ur document reach it destination quick is to go send the document at international airport.

Thanks guys for the quick replies! I'll relay the information across to him in the morning. Y'all are the best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:35am On May 10, 2013
After exams is enjoyment........ I miss this thread this past few days. I heard some got their visas....... Cheers friends!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:50am On May 10, 2013
imperiouxx: After exams is enjoyment........ I miss this thread this past few days. I heard some got their visas....... Cheers friends!

I see our oga sneaking a peek in here!grin

WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR EXAMS. BUENAS SUERTE!

I bet your spanish can't beat mine! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:25am On May 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I see our oga sneaking a peek in here!grin

WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR EXAMS. BUENAS SUERTE!

I bet your spanish can't beat mine! cheesy

lol...... I don't even hear people saying anything like that here. Except when in the midst of Mexicans. Exam is finished, looking forward for my last semester here.

I'm wishing those that are graduating this Saturday May 11 best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:58am On May 10, 2013
@dkgetmuny and bones007

You guys are doing great. Welcome aboard. This is the rite for a successful interview

@bigfrancis, olarwarlay and others still waiting for their dates,

I wish you all the best. It's another fall semester, visa application granting rate is always high now than in spring.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 4:04am On May 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Congratulations man!
Wow! Lotta approvals and good news coming in this period! Una don dey ginger me make I go do my own immediately.cheesy
The VOs have become more open because Fall semester is around the corner, I guess. cool

I'll be going for my interview next month. Pheew! #Shudders#

wish u best of luck man. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:08am On May 10, 2013
Wow! I'm so happy for you @dkgetmuny and bones007... Congrats!

I think your travel history to the US gave you an edge... Congrats! wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2013

Gracias hombre! cheesy

Sent some docs to Boston yesterday via registered mail and it cost me N940.
Sent my account statement (2pages) via FedEx to the same Boston, cost me N9,580
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 7:29am On May 10, 2013
Well bones obviously had his recent US travel history work for him considering d skool and approval without sat just like me without gre, infact she ddnt even ask me for my gre.. Pls what makes the fall have a higher visa approval rate? @bones so its tuesday to pick up the visa me ddnt know, I was totally deaf when the lady said come pick up ur visa...the white paper given to me said visitors pick up bla bla is it same with yours?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 7:43am On May 10, 2013
bones007: GLORY BE TO BABA GOD!
VO- Hi
me- good afternoon
vo- what school
vo- do u have SAT?
me- no
me- 4
me- my mum
vo- what does she do?
me- she is a business
me- yes
vo- where?
me- USA, dubai,ghana
me- New york and florida
me- 4
me- thank you sir

congrats on your Visa...pls how was your composure,were you smiling or just a straight face and were you using your hands to demostrate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:45am On May 10, 2013
onipedey: . Hey flynbird,pls can I still get the toefl materials from u,I mean the CD,pls kindly send me a mail onipedey@yahoo.com, I stay in ibadan too n could come 4 it at Dugbe as u stated earlier in ur posts. Thanks

Ok. So how do we meet so I could give it. Or do you have someone at Dugbe I could drop it with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:46am On May 10, 2013
Just received my Toefl scores. It was delivered to my house address yesterday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:52am On May 10, 2013
Guys is it possible to schedule an appointment with the embassy without having my I-20 yet. School resumes soon. Just need to secure a space before then but before then I should have my I-20 and all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:58am On May 10, 2013

Gracias hombre! cheesy

Gracias hombre! cheesy

@Bigfrancis,

I was shocked last month when my sister sent a Birthday card through Nipost to her friend in Austria and it got there within 2 working days.

She sent it on a friday and it got to her friend the following Monday.

Let your course mate use Nipost, they are very reliable. I sent my admission package to 3 of my schools in US and they received my documents in 9 working days.

And I paid 750 for the documents. All my documents have gotten to my schools in US without any delay.

But Please tell him to make sure he writes the correct mailing address of the school clearly on the envelop because if he doesn't address it properly, his documents won't get there.

Let him go on the school's website and check the address where documents should be sent through regular mail. Let him make sure he writes it out correctly.

Many people who used Nipost to send documents to their schools abroad and encountered problems are people who didn't correctly write the school's mailing address.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 9:19am On May 10, 2013
Congrats dkgetmuny and bones!

Dkgetmuny, u can contact me if you have any questions. See you in a bit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2013
flynbird:

Ok. So how do we meet so I could give it. Or do you have someone at Dugbe I could drop it with?
Hi Flynbird,thanks,pls u can kindly drop ur number so I can call u or send ur number to my email addy onipedey@yahoo.com,then we fix how to see. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 9:46am On May 10, 2013
congratulations, success story everyday thank GOD for all the success so far..waiting to share mine soonest....happy Friday my NL bosses

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 10:24am On May 10, 2013
bones007 and dkgetmuny congrats to both of you. Really happy for you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:12am On May 10, 2013
flynbird: Just received my Toefl scores. It was delivered to my house address yesterday

That means i should get mine too pretty soon, since we did the test the same day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2013
imperiouxx: @dkgetmuny and bones007

You guys are doing great. Welcome aboard. This is the rite for a successful interview

@bigfrancis, olarwarlay and others still waiting for their dates,

I wish you all the best. It's another fall semester, visa application granting rate is always high now than in spring.

Imperiouxx of Life! Tnx bro, We'll share our sweet testimonies soon by God's grace.... smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2013
flynbird: Guys is it possible to schedule an appointment with the embassy without having my I-20 yet. School resumes soon. Just need to secure a space before then but before then I should have my I-20 and all.
Capital NO.
Not without a code on your I-20. Just get everything you need ready and you follow up as soon as you get the paper. Enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.