Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491494 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 11, 2013
@Marshal, we don't really know. You can write to the Embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 4:03pm On May 11, 2013
@De Tus...tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 4:25pm On May 11, 2013
@ De Tus ,na your name I go take write to them be that grin ...thks anyways
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 5:00pm On May 11, 2013
Bigfracis hahan why wont u include d almighty OAU on the list of schools lol....well the guy for VIU can check the skool out on wikipedia....the rating is dismal.. u need to listen to the advise of people on dis forum, dey are speaking from experience and the knowledge of other peoples experience. Even with my various travels to the United States, when it was time to school, i brought my mat to this thread and made it my home...even with an I-20 from a good school u still need God..but if u feel we dont know what we talking about...All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 5:22pm On May 11, 2013
@Square65

check ur mail bruv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 5:29pm On May 11, 2013
dkgetmuny: Bigfracis hahan why wont u include d almighty OAU on the list of schools lol....well the guy for VIU can check the skool out on wikipedia....the rating is dismal.. u need to listen to the advise of people on dis forum, dey are speaking from experience and the knowledge of other peoples experience. Even with my various travels to the United States, when it was time to school, i brought my mat to this thread and made it my home...even with an I-20 from a good school u still need God..but if u feel we dont know what we talking about...All the best

Nice one bro...experience they say is the best teacher.
However, pls I need the house's take on what am about to ask now. I was denied F1 visa 4-5yrs ago then I went to another private skool here in Nigeria. Now, am about going for my interview for MBA in the US. My question is that;
1. Is it an advantage for me if asked if have ever been to the embassy?
2. If I can emphasize it to the VO or I remain silent? Thanks for your responce in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:43pm On May 11, 2013
dkgetmuny: Bigfracis hahan why wont u include d almighty OAU on the list of schools lol....well the guy for VIU can check the skool out on wikipedia....the rating is dismal.. u need to listen to the advise of people on dis forum, dey are speaking from experience and the knowledge of other peoples experience. Even with my various travels to the United States, when it was time to school, i brought my mat to this thread and made it my home...even with an I-20 from a good school u still need God..but if u feel we dont know what we talking about...All the best

Hahaha! Oops...its part of the etc... grin
Okay, UNN, UNILAG, UI, UNIBEN, UNIZIK etc, OAU, etc smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:01pm On May 11, 2013
nitoks@yahoo.co:

Nice one bro...experience they say is the best teacher.
However, pls I need the house's take on what am about to ask now. I was denied F1 visa 4-5yrs ago then I went to another private skool here in Nigeria. Now, am about going for my interview for MBA in the US. My question is that;
1. Is it an advantage for me if asked if have ever been to the embassy?
2. If I can emphasize it to the VO or I remain silent? Thanks for your responce in anticipation.

1) A previous visit to the embassy whether denial or acceptance doesn't give you an advantage in a subsequent interview. The US consulate has your records and when you show up again, and finger print, the previous records come up. For people who have been to the embassy before, especially those that have been denied and are going again, what matters is consistency. Consistency in your answers given. Because they have your records. Saying A in a previous interview and coming back to change to say B will most likely cause your denial.

2) Don't mention anything about it. Just let your interview flow. During the course of your interview, the VO will be the one to ask you about it or make reference to it, if necessary. And when the VO asks you a question pertaining to your previous interview, always make sure your replies are consistent with your previous answers because the VO is only trying to gauge your honesty or consistency. Giving a different reply will likely lead to a denial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 11, 2013
Were you denied a visa based on section 214(b)? If yes, you might be issued visa this time provided that your information has changed. But other reasons such as date of birth and so on, i really don't know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
@Monology, that's ok. Have a pleasant day!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 6:52pm On May 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

1) A previous visit to the embassy whether denial or acceptance doesn't give you an advantage in a subsequent interview. The US consulate has your records and when you show up again, and finger print, the previous records come up. For people who have been to the embassy before, especially those that have been denied and are going again, what matters is consistency. Consistency in your answers given. Because they have your records. Saying A in a previous interview and coming back to change to say B will most likely cause your denial.

2) Don't mention anything about it. Just let your interview flow. During the course of your interview, the VO will be the one to ask you about it or make reference to it, if necessary. And when the VO asks you a question pertaining to your previous interview, always make sure your replies are consistent with your previous answers because the VO is only trying to gauge your honesty or consistency. Giving a different reply will likely lead to a denial.

Oh, thanks for the elaborate explanation. God bless you. I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by stabbo: 7:50pm On May 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sure!

Hello imperiouxx, may God bless you for your benevolence and compassion for others on this thread. I recently got introduced to this thread after being denied by the us embassy in Lag. After reading the thread I discovered my choice of school was most likely my undoing (Academy of art University)and I plan to reapply for my Msc. with a much better school. I just need preparation materials for GRE and tips on which schools are best to apply to for Msc. Computer science/IT...thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:23pm On May 11, 2013
VIU!!!.... I still receive their reminder to send my documents up till now(abi I don send am ni) cheesy

They still owe Me $25 sef. Well, thank God for this great thread!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 8:51pm On May 11, 2013
please house i will like to get something clear here, must i be in school 1month before the school resumption day or its just an opinion of the United State homeland security?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 11, 2013
bones007: please house i will like to get something clear here, must i be in school 1month before the school resumption day or its just an opinion of the United State homeland security?

No! it is not a must. I think you can travel with that visa 30 days before the school resumes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:08pm On May 11, 2013
I.Joan:

No! it is not a must. I think you can travel with that visa 30 days before the school resumes.

thanks! i just wanna confirm that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 10:07pm On May 11, 2013
pls oo house..the consular ddnt return my i-20 and i read that one must present the i-20 at the port of entery
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 11, 2013
dkgetmuny: pls oo house..the consular ddnt return my i-20 and i read that one must present the i-20 at the port of entery
They will give it back to you when you go for your passport!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 11, 2013
Dkgetmuny I see you are from GREAT IFE, keep representing bro!!! I'm a proud Great Ife alumnus too. I hope we'll meet in the US, lol. Though I'm still at the preliminary stage(about to write GRE) Congrats once again... smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 11:42pm On May 11, 2013
kofsy: Dkgetmuny I see you are from GREAT IFE, keep representing bro!!! I'm a proud Great Ife alumnus too. I hope we'll meet in the US, lol. Though I'm still at the preliminary stage(about to write GRE) Congrats once again... smiley smiley
Let us keep representing..... See you soon @ wvu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TLeo001: 12:22am On May 12, 2013
@house. Regardn secondary school transcripts... Is it from J.s.s 1 to S.S 3 or S.S 1 to 3? and please i want to know if my school should include my WAEC result? because when i checked WES website it stated WAEC result To be sent directly to WES by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).. So please am confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 12:23am On May 12, 2013
technolee:
Let us keep representing..... See you soon @ wvu

you'll meet hundreds of GREAT IFE guys at WVU, just spoke with one some minutes ago...I'm proud to be an alumnus too!

Congrats to all who got their visa and to those preparing for their interview, the ONE who brought you thus far shall perfect it IJN!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:31am On May 12, 2013
Isobutylene:

you'll meet hundreds of GREAT IFE guys at WVU, just spoke with one some minutes ago...I'm proud to be an alumnus too!

Congrats to all who got their visa and to those preparing for their interview, the ONE who brought you thus far shall perfect it IJN!

Looool are you serious? Pls what's the full name of the school? I mean WVU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jchatty(m): 12:52am On May 12, 2013
Good Talk.
bigfrancis21:

My dear, the point is the school is a very low-ranked one-building 'university' which the visa officers don't regard. The admission process is way too cheap and easy and they give admissions too all John Toms, the admission criteria being just paying $200. grin Because of the ease of getting admission there, the VOs don't regard VIU prospective students as truly ready to learn but rather desperate potential immigrants seeking to escape from Nigeria. This always leads to visa denials.

Read the indicated pages on part 3 of this thread as Imperiouxx said. Many VIU students have gone to the embassy only to have their visas denied, they came here, got useful advice, reapplied to better schools, went for their interviews again and got their visas.

Imagine you're a Nigerian visa officer at the Nigerian embassy at say, South Africa, and you have prospective south africans coming to you for visa approvals. If you'd gladly grant those going to UNN, UNILAG, UI, UNIBEN, UNIZIK etc. their visas, would you also grant visa to someone who applied to one of these very low ranked Nigerian unis/polys or even College of Education? Won't he/she strike you as not being serious to study and having some other intentions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TLeo001: 1:47am On May 12, 2013
@house. Regardn secondary school transcripts... Is it from J.s.s 1 to S.S 3 or S.S 1 to 3? and please i want to know if my school should include my WAEC result? because when i checked WES website it stated WAEC result To be sent directly to WES by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC)... Am kinda confused abeg i need answers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:49am On May 12, 2013
T-Leo001:
@house. Regardn secondary school transcripts... Is it from J.s.s 1 to S.S 3 or S.S 1 to 3? and please i want to know if my school should include my WAEC result? because when i checked WES website it stated WAEC result To be sent directly to WES by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC)... Am kinda confused abeg i need answers.
The transcript is okay with just SS1-3
I don't know about the WAEC result being sent by the WAEC office directly...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 2:33am On May 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha! Oops...its part of the etc... grin
Okay, OAU, UNN, UNILAG, UI, UNIBEN, UNIZIK etc, OAU, etc smiley

Now correctly written grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:04am On May 12, 2013
Isobutylene:

E tun ti de ibi abi grin grin? I think you meet alumnus of all schools in the US and I agree it is a good thing to have attended Ife though. I just declined my admit to WVU some weeks ago having made up my mind on my best option for my next degree. But I will admit that Morgan town is a nice city. Just branched there once on my way back from DC to Ohio sometimes back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by stabbo: 9:24am On May 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

My dear, the point is the school is a very low-ranked one-building 'university' which the visa officers don't regard. The admission process is way too cheap and easy and they give admissions too all John Toms, the admission criteria being just paying $200. grin Because of the ease of getting admission there, the VOs don't regard VIU prospective students as truly ready to learn but rather desperate potential immigrants seeking to escape from Nigeria. This always leads to visa denials.

Read the indicated pages on part 3 of this thread as Imperiouxx said. Many VIU students have gone to the embassy only to have their visas denied, they came here, got useful advice, reapplied to better schools, went for their interviews again and got their visas.

Imagine you're a Nigerian visa officer at the Nigerian embassy at say, South Africa, and you have prospective south africans coming to you for visa approvals. If you'd gladly grant those going to UNN, UNILAG, UI, UNIBEN, UNIZIK etc. their visas, would you also grant visa to someone who applied to one of these very low ranked Nigerian unis/polys or even College of Education? Won't he/she strike you as not being serious to study and having some other intentions?

Hello Big Francis please would you be kind enough to send me some preparation materials for GRE? I just got denied @ d embassy and would like to write the exams asap. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 10:20am On May 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

E tun ti de ibi abi grin grin? I think you meet alumnus of all schools in the US and I agree it is a good thing to have attended Ife though. I just declined my admit to WVU some weeks ago having made up my mind on my best option for my next degree. But I will admit that Morgan town is a nice city. Just branched there once on my way back from DC to Ohio sometimes back.
Naso we be ooo gboyega..we can 'prouding' lol....i passed the town on a road trip from richmond virginia to Indiana....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 10:21am On May 12, 2013
Square65:

Now correctly written grin grin

yes boss..correctly written...tnx for the mail, will respond asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 10:23am On May 12, 2013
kofsy: Dkgetmuny I see you are from GREAT IFE, keep representing bro!!! I'm a proud Great Ife alumnus too. I hope we'll meet in the US, lol. Though I'm still at the preliminary stage(about to write GRE) Congrats once again... smiley smiley
tnx alot mate..i wish u all the best too..

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.