Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,574 members, 7,888,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491378 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by charleeez(m): 6:28am On May 31, 2013
bones007: seriously i dont understand the 30 homeland security rules, does it mean i must be in the school 30days prior to my resumption day or i cant travel to US until its 30days before resumption date? please house i need help on this.

Bro..it means this..suppose your school Is resuming on the 30th of July, the earliest you can enter the US is on the 1st of July..You cannot enter anytime in june but as from 1, 2, 3, 4,.......30th of July you can get into their country. Hope this helps you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:09am On May 31, 2013
Mine is kinda expensive. Don't no if itis d distance or somtin buh I checked online mysef after my popc's agent said 251k. It was stil der abt and emirates was even more expensive! cry cry cry final destination is kansas
dkgetmuny:
yes ooo....july is a very busy period for travels...i leave MMIA 21st
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:23am On May 31, 2013
olarwarlay:

You got mail Bro... smiley

Downloading now but expect from me by tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 7:33am On May 31, 2013
@lisadem, u did well in ur interview, I'll advise u not to change ur sponspor just get his Naira or Cedi statement. God s favour will go with us and we will share our testimony.
@ charlezee congrats!! I have already learnt some tips form u

Hello guys pls if u see a date PM me abeg, @bigfrancis the last time u saw a date I had already exceeded my limit for viewing the site so I cudnt get it sad

And pls u guys shud say thanks to Ojap and shoggie for me oh! They are so encouraging! And Prof Ojap even called me cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:37am On May 31, 2013
mr swagger: @Amefrica, why don't you go back to the previous thread. Part 1 or 2 and read everyone's comments, success stories, suggestions, ideas e.t.c .

I promise you, you will gain alot... When you sit down and read those pages you will learn everything about. USA student visa, Admission processing and everything.

You will hardly lack any information if you do what I asked you. And after reading those pages if there is anything you don't understand just post your comment here and we will gladly be ready to help you.

Cheers bro.

thanks brah.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 7:46am On May 31, 2013
Please house I need answer to the following questions:
1. Why study computer science in the usa.
2. Important of computer science to your country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:36am On May 31, 2013
virgin ice: Mine is kinda expensive. Don't no if itis d distance or somtin buh I checked online mysef after my popc's agent said 251k. It was stil der abt and emirates was even more expensive! cry cry cry final destination is kansas
That's too expensive...I got my ticket to JFK for 139K from my agent...nd I checked cheapoair.com for flights from ny to kansas the cheapest is United -156 and most expensive is 264 American Airline...but in fairness to ur agent I think flights from JFK to Kansas are pretty expensive..my agent just told me it is about 110k..so probably u can do d flight to JFK wif ur agent then NY to kansas can be done by ur folks in d US cos it kinda cheaper...anoda option u av is fly to JFK then go to La Guada both in new york then fly to Kansas...La Guada to Kansas is like 48k. I was just told now that delta will fly u from ny to kansas for like 40k but u will av some stopovers or so...so u take emirates to jfk, then delta to kansas all around like 180k...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:52am On May 31, 2013
pls ooo.. i couldnt get answer to my questiom from previous parts.. what r the things i need to get I20, i want to go for my bsc dis year at the university of minnesota.. pls time is flying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2013
Amefrica: pls ooo.. i couldnt get answer to my questiom from previous parts.. what r the things i need to get I20, i want to go for my bsc dis year at the university of minnesota.. pls time is flying

This year?? That's very unlikely? Only very few schools are still accepting applications for fall 2013. Besides, u av not written any standardised tests. My advice is to first write SAT and/or Toefl; research good schools for your intended major (abi you no get?); Apply against Spring or Fall 2014.

NB - by good, you av to consider reputation, cost, location, international - student friendliness etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by adewale3342: 11:01am On May 31, 2013
i got only one worry now . i did not write the GRE and i have my interview for June , it seems everyone who got interviewed was asked about this . now i wish i wrote GRE instead of TOEFL in the first place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:03am On May 31, 2013
[quote

author=olsmade]

This year?? That's very unlikely? Only very few schools are still
accepting applications for fall 2013. Besides, u av not written any
standardised tests. My advice is to first write SAT and/or Toefl;
research good schools for your intended major (abi you no get?); Apply
against Spring or Fall 2014.

NB - by good, you av to consider reputation, cost, location,
international - student friendliness etc[/quote]

university of minnesota. wanna study international relations. i dont
know where to start.. gimme d overview of this thingy plus wen will d
app for spring n fall for 2014 be out... God bless as you reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 11:37am On May 31, 2013
Em
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 11:38am On May 31, 2013
Amefrica:

university of minnesota. wanna study international relations. i dont
know where to start.. gimme d overview of this thingy plus wen will d
app for spring n fall for 2014 be out... God bless as you reply
Lemme help you a little;
Since you desire to do your undergrad in the US, the first and foremost thing to do is to settle scores with SAT and have a high to very high score. After the SAT has been nailed, you can now proceed into checking for your desired school with special consideration for what the school is going to offer you and how it is going to contribute to your future goals or plans.
Another thing is this "don't desire to study in USA because you want to escape your Fatherland". Even if immigration purpose is on your mind, let it be a secondary thing and let your goal and passion towards achieving the goal be the primary drive for choosing to study in the States. This primary reason will enable you to search for a school in line with purpose of studying in The States.
After that, have a way of getting sponsor based in Nigeria here, as your Ame sponsorship route is gonna raise a red-flag before the embassy. If you nail your SAT very well, there is tendency that you get scholarship for your studies and that eases the financial requirements on your path a little.
After that SAT is cleared, kindly rent a room at Google and destabilize their house for info on American universities and also rent another "boys' squatter" at usnews.com for list of American schools and their rankings.
If you can do all these I have mentioned up there, kindly come back and enrol for tutelage and tutorial classes from Ojap, Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis, Dkgetmuny and other gugurus here and they will gladly answer you with smile.
Note this: I don't know about SAT registeration, so don't ask me.
Lest I forget, you may need to write TOEFL too, but I am not sure.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2013
At last I finally could log into nairaland.
I got my visiting visa yesterday and it was very interesting. All I was asked was if I have graduated and why I am applying for a US visiting visa.
Kofsy, how do I get the book across?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dtabimbola(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2013
Hello Guru in d House... Please I need your help... I just got my I-20, I tried to book appointment, but I was unable to fill the form from the third Colum where I shld enter Passport details... The following error pop out...
Error... Occurr while loadin a visualforce page....

Please what can I do, runing out of time already...
Help me out .
And if any one see earlier date, pls PM me..... 07033744655.
Thks alots
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 31, 2013
GboyegaD: At last I finally could log into nairaland.
I got my visiting visa yesterday and it was very interesting. All I was asked was if I have graduated and why I am applying for a US visiting visa.

Yaaaaaaay, been looking out for you... When did you arrive? I stay on the mainland... Just name the location in lagos and I will come pick it tomorrow! grin grin thanks

Wait o! Visiting visa to US again? I thought you said you were going to Canada for your PHd?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 2:03pm On May 31, 2013
Prettychyna: Emirate to houston is about 151k . I just booked for 1st week of august.

Have you paid too?
Looks like we are gonna be having lotta nairalanders on the same plane leaving from Nigeria to Dubai. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 2:10pm On May 31, 2013
Leofric: Greetings to all,please I need some assistance on these certain issues.
A̶̲̥̅♏ a student of a federal polytechnic about to graduate as hnd holder, A̶̲̥̅♏ really interested in study futher in the U.S,pls what do you think I should be preparing for nw.I would appreciate an ideas.

Some US schools don't discriminate between HND degrees and BSC degrees from Nigeria. If you want to study in the US, you going for an MSc will be better because your HND degree is already regarded as a BSC by certain US universities. OjaP will help you list one or two of these universities. You go through their requirements, make sure that you qualify on all parameters (including minimum GPA requirement), write GRE and/or TOEFL, send in your transcripts, write your statement of purpose, prepare your resume, pay the school's application fee and await their admission decision.

OjaP please what's the name of that university again you once mentioned that accepts HND degrees from Nigerians?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 2:13pm On May 31, 2013
Hey!!!
June 27 is available to schedule visa interview appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 2:22pm On May 31, 2013
[quote
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 2:22pm On May 31, 2013
fidelia.john:
Hey!!!

Yea. My female cousin going for her undergraduate studies in pharmacy just got June 12 for Lagos last night! Wonderful! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 2:25pm On May 31, 2013
fidelia.john:
Hey!!!

Lagos or Abuja? I'm not seeing anything under Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rockyeweka(m): 2:31pm On May 31, 2013
I applied for masters in finance in texas A/m university of commerce for summer 2013, which is june . The problem am having now is that mt form I-20 came in a lil bit late. Am booking an appointment for this june at the abuja consulate, I don't know if this is gonna affect my interview at the consulate or at the port of entry when am issued the visa. Pls I really need response from gurus in the house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2013
kofsy:

Yaaaaaaay, been looking out for you... When did you arrive? I stay on the mainland... Just name the location in lagos and I will come pick it tomorrow! grin grin thanks

Wait o! Visiting visa to US again? I thought you said you were going to Canada for your PHd?

Yeah, but I need a visa to get into th e U.S. more so, I bought a return ticket so I need to transit through the U.S. I stay on the mainland too but I am presently out of Lagos and would be back on Saturday. We could meet at Ayo Ni O at Sanya or I can text my office address for you to come pick it next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 31, 2013
GboyegaD:

Yeah, but I need a visa to get into th e U.S. more so, I bought a return ticket so I need to transit through the U.S. I stay on the mainland too but I am presently out of Lagos and would be back on Saturday. We could meet at Ayo Ni O at Sanya or I can text my office address for you to come pick it next week.

Saturday? You mean tomorrow? Okay no problem... Is it the Ayo ni o along oshodi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 31, 2013
[quote
author=RedReact]
Lemme help you a little;
Since you desire to do your undergrad in the US, the first and foremost
thing to do is to settle scores with SAT and have a high to very high
score. After the SAT has been nailed, you can now proceed into checking
for your desired school with special consideration for what the school
is going to offer you and how it is going to contribute to your future
goals or plans.
Another thing is this "don't desire to study in USA because you want to
escape your Fatherland". Even if immigration purpose is on your mind,
let it be a secondary thing and let your goal and passion towards
achieving the goal be the primary drive for choosing to study in the
States. This primary reason will enable you to search for a school in
line with purpose of studying in The States.
After that, have a way of getting sponsor based in Nigeria here, as your
Ame sponsorship route is gonna raise a red-flag before the embassy. If
you nail your SAT very well, there is tendency that you get scholarship
for your studies and that eases the financial requirements on your path a
little.
After that SAT is cleared, kindly rent a room at Google and destabilize
their house for info on American universities and also rent another
"boys' squatter" at usnews.com for list of American schools and their
rankings.
If you can do all these I have mentioned up there, kindly come back and
enrol for tutelage and tutorial classes from Ojap, Imperiouxx,
Bigfrancis, Dkgetmuny and other gugurus here and they will gladly answer
you with smile.
Note this: I don't know about SAT registeration, so don't ask me.
Lest I forget, you may need to write TOEFL too, but I am not
sure.[/quote]

thanks sir for taking your time to answer me, i so much appreciate.. i will get to write SAT or ACT soon plus GRE... n come back here for tutelage like u said, bye for now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 4:07pm On May 31, 2013
Amefrica:

thanks sir for taking your time to answer me, i so much appreciate.. i will get to write SAT or ACT soon plus GRE... n come back here for tutelage like u said, bye for now.

GRE? undecided you need just SAT and TOEFL for undergraduate studies!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 4:18pm On May 31, 2013
adewale3342: i got only one worry now . i did not write the GRE and i have my interview for June , it seems everyone who got interviewed was asked about this . now i wish i wrote GRE instead of TOEFL in the first place

Best you can do now is get a letter from the school stating that GRE is not required for graduate admission. And pray the VO doesn't ask for your score which I doubt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:53pm On May 31, 2013
GboyegaD: At last I finally could log into nairaland.

So you're coming back! Good! Come visit me now but it may be boring because I'm starting my lab work on Monday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On May 31, 2013
kofsy:

[Yaaaaaaay, been looking out for you... When did you arrive? I stay on the mainland... Just name the location in lagos and I will come pick it tomorrow! grin grin thanks

He needs visa before he can be allowed to enter US to park the remaining of his loads nau. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:57pm On May 31, 2013
GboyegaD:

That's N50 bus from my area.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:58pm On May 31, 2013
kofsy:

Saturday? You mean tomorrow? Okay no problem... Is it the Ayo ni o along oshodi?

A stop before Ijesha bus stop when coming from Mile 2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.