Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,597 members, 7,941,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. (9648 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by galadima77(m): 1:17am On Mar 25, 2013
All there can ever be to dis thread and its points is wats written here. Visionless youths who don't knw d only common divide is btw d haves and d haves not. Shame on tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 25, 2013
djon78:

I am Igbo but to be honest, the Yorubas may have their fault but to me they respect the Igbos more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria, even more than our neighbors SS, example an Igbo man has been a commissioner in Lagos for a long time, they know the value we have added to development of Lagos, they do respect us. I think we Igbos should forget about the past and relate more with the Yorubas, they are the best allies we can have. They have their faults, but we Igbos have our own faults too. And they are peaceful, not violent, when have u heard that they fight against us killng us like it is done in the north, I say t again they are our closest allies in this nation, a word is enough for the. Wise.

God bless you.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ZUBY77(m): 7:43am On Mar 25, 2013
I think we need this on the front page.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by slimghost(m): 8:28am On Mar 25, 2013
In reality, Igbos dont have much enmity with yorubas but would never go into an alliance with people who are known for tribalism,cowardice and back stabbing! Never.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Paschal007: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2013
I was kinda surprised when i came to NL and saw the kind of rivalry between Igbos and Yoruba. I always thought the enmity was between Igbos and Hausas. At least that was the reality on ground where i am.
ZUBY77: @Gbawe, i didn't bother to reply the lady #chima_adeoye because @32, i am getting old for silly people. Could you imagine a lady saying that her husband's people (immiediate family i guess) is the only non biased family in the whole of SW. Lol. Wow! I guess her Igbo family investigated that fact properly before allowing her to marry the perfect family.
I will maintain my stand that we must forget the past and forge a Southern Alliance. That is the only thing that can:
For the bold Zuby, how do you plan to forge this alliance with SW when they're already doing that with their partner in crime the north. CPC and APC?
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by drlaykay(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2013
If this isn't a planned work from Naira land(as I suggested earlier),then the igbos shouldn't complain of enemity.I don't know who will because of friendship(and a single selfish man)watch his people and hard earned resources destroyed.And why should the Igbos forget so fast that the half success they had from the civil wall was aided by a yoruba man who led them through the war?
Have made some researches,to discover what igbos think about the war.many right thinking igbos will tell u ojukwu(the power hungry man who couldn't stand the Nigeria political system den)made a very wrong decision.
though the wrong doings of the hausas towards the igbos in the north was high but there were better approaches to solve the problem.I strongly believe that the killing of the igbos by the hausas will never cease until the igbos do what the OP suggests.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Dibiachukwu: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2013
dr.laykay:
If this isn't a planned work from Naira land(as I suggested earlier),then the igbos shouldn't complain of enemity.I don't know who will because of friendship(and a single selfish man)watch his people and hard earned resources destroyed.And why should the Igbos forget so fast that the half success they had from the civil wall was aided by a yoruba man who led them through the war?
Have made some researches,to discover what igbos think about the war.many right thinking igbos will tell u ojukwu(the power hungry man who couldn't stand the Nigeria political system den)made a very wrong decision.
though the wrong doings of the hausas towards the igbos in the north was high but there were better approaches to solve the problem.I strongly believe that the killing of the igbos by the hausas will never cease until the igbos do what the OP suggests.
Rubbish. Ndi Igbo want nothing to do with any of you back stabbers.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by drlaykay(m): 10:00am On Mar 25, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Hausas and yorobers have more in common than the Igbo. The truth is that it is better for the whole of south west to become muslim and create a muslim state with the Arewa. They wont have any problems.
Please I need some to help me assert the sensibility in this post
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by drlaykay(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Then keep dying
Am out of here
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Dibiachukwu: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2013
dr.laykay:

Then keep dying
Am out of here
Worry about urself.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ZUBY77(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2013
Dibiachukwu:

Useless ego and foolishness.
Is the current state of Igbo what you wish to leave for your children?
Bombing their businesses and killing them in the north
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by djon78(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2013
Zubby abeg ignore that guy, all the rivalry and bitterness that has been gong on for long what has it achieved for us? I state it again, the Yorubas may have their faults but they respect we Igbos more than any other group in this country, quote me any where. Look at during the Ladipo issue, many other markets were closed for longer time than ladpo because our people were raising alarm and Fashola even invited Rochas and then he opened the market, I tell u it was out of respect that these guys have for us that he handled the issue that way.

I think the problem we have had has been our leaders who have ill advised us and not doing the right thing. Some of us are saying divide, break up but the truth is that it is more favourable to us for Nigeria to remain one, but rather power at centre is diluted and focusing more on region.

Let us respect and have regard for one another.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by MrGlobe(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

Useless ego and foolishness.
Is the current state of Igbo what you wish to leave for your children?
Bombing their businesses and killing them in the north
shut your ignorant mouth up.do you know how many igbos are being secretly killed in the sw daily? should I inundate you with articles of missing igbos in the SW. how many times has a northern governor closed down an igbo market in the north? How many times have any northern governor deported a non Northerner. You think its only boko haram igbos should worry about. The problem with you is you are a lunatic. The same fool that always want to cause enmity between Anambra and Enugu. Are do we even ascertain you are indeed igbo. Igbos don't have anything to do with backstabbers that have failed to condemn and admit awo committed genocide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by backtosender: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

shut your ignorant mouth up.do you know how many igbos are being secretly killed in the sw daily? should I inundate you with articles of missing igbos in the SW. how many times has a northern governor closed down an igbo market in the north? How many times have any northern governor deported a non Northerner. You think its only boko haram igbos should worry about. The problem with you is you are a lunatic. The same fool that always want to cause enmity between Anambra and Enugu. Are do we even ascertain you are indeed igbo. Igbos don't have anything to do with backstabbers that have failed to condemn and admit awo committed genocide.
good advice
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ZUBY77(m): 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You dont need to rant and curse for you to be heard.
Which Igbo Market Did Lagos close? Ladipo would be my guess. Does Ladipo sound Igbo to you?
Ladipo Market is a spare parts market, not Igbo market. Ladipo market supplies spare parts to every part of Nigeria and beyond not just Igbo. Yoruba traders import spare parts and offlaod in Ladipo market too. I agree Igbos dominate in the market but that does not make it Igbo market.
Was it not your Peter Obi that bulldozed cattle market at Onitsha head bridge a few weeks ago? Was that an Hausa market or cattle market?

You also said that SW are secretly killing Igbos. Please tell me more about it.

You said that Northern Governors have never deported any non Northerner? Would you rather be deported or killed?
I dont remember Fashola deporting anybody to Enugu, Imo or Abia. It is your over bloated ego in Anambra state that is causing you problems everywhere.

At Mgbuka spare parts market here in Onitsha, it is a standing other that no non-anambra man will become the president of the market, why?

What of APGA party? It is your anambra state that are agitating against Rochas over his involvement with APC, why? Do you rascals believe you own anybody around here?
Isn't it you Anambra that led Biafra to unprepared war and blame Awolowo after?

Now that we are talking about how to move forward, you are still holding your generation down with hatred. person.
I have Yoruba friends and they are not preparing to kill me yet.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

Which Igbo Market Did Lagos close? Ladipo would be my guess. Ladipo sound Igbo to you, right? Ladipo Market is a spare parts market, not Igbo market. Ladipo market supplies spare parts to every part of Nigeria and beyon not just Igbo. Yoruba traders import spare parts and offlaod in Ladipo market too. I agree Igbos dominate in the market but that does not make it Igbo market.

You said that Northern Governors have never deported any non Northerner? Would you rather be deported or killed?

You get time sha, Pls ignore some dumb post.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by T9ksy(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

Of course!As am ibo man he would rather be beheaded to the milleu tune of "Alahu akbar" than

been deported back to his region-his ancestral home, the land of the rising sun! Why are the ibos so averse to

moving back to their homestead?

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by salam001(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

Which Igbo Market Did Lagos close? Ladipo would be my guess. Does Ladipo sound Igbo to you?
Ladipo Market is a spare parts market, not Igbo market. Ladipo market supplies spare parts to every part of Nigeria and beyond not just Igbo. Yoruba traders import spare parts and offlaod in Ladipo market too. I agree Igbos dominate in the market but that does not make it Igbo market.
Was it not your Peter Obi that bulldozed cattle market at Onitsha head bridge a few weeks ago? Was that an Hausa market or cattle market?

I dont remember Fashola deporting anybody to Enugu, Imo or Abia. It is your over bloated ego in Anambra state that is causing you problems everywhere.

At Mgbuka spare parts market here in Onitsha, it is a standing other that no non-anambra man will become the president of the market, why?

What of APGA party? It is your anambra state that are agitating against Rochas over his involvement with APC, why? Do you rascals believe you own anybody around here?

Now that we are talking about how to move forward, you are still holding your generation down with hatred. person.

congrats,you have got the 'likes' you have been looking for since from your yoruba peeps
now back to the topic,in real like Igbos don't hate yorubas And Yorubas dont hate igbos,it is only online you see them rubbishing each other
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by MrGlobe(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

you are an imbec i l e. what are you still doing in onitsha? I would have restored your venom to enugu people but you are not from enugu. You are a Yoruba bas tard wanting to be igbo so bad. So you expect fashola deportation truck to bypass onitsha the entrance to the whole east aand head to enugu before you know its an affront to the whole east. Take your igbo/Yoruba unity and shove it down your black azz fool.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by MrGlobe(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

you are an imbec i l e. what are you still doing in onitsha? I would have restored your venom to enugu people but you are not from enugu. You are a Yoruba bas tard wanting to be igbo so bad. So you expect fashola deportation truck to bypass onitsha the entrance to the whole east aand head to enugu before you know its an affront to the whole east. Take your igbo/Yoruba unity and shove it down your black azz fool.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by dayokanu(m): 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Yorubas can't unite with coward back stabbers who would kill our leaders and spare theirs

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Dede1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
dayokanu: Yorubas can't unite with coward back stabbers who would kill our leaders and spare theirs

Dayolodo

I suggest you tread carefully with your putrid loud mouth. Ndigbo understood the DNA makeup of the Yoruba peeps. I can safely say that bravery is not one of the constituent elements.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Olaolufred(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
The original poster poster meant well.
But Friendship is not by force, It is a choice each one is free to make.
Igbos on their own are ok. I do not expect them to complain about decisions being made by Yorubas.
Yorubas are also on their own ok. I also do not expect them to complain about decisions made by Ibos.
Whining comes when Igbos or Yorubas complain about the other being the source of its predicament.
In Life, you are absolutely responsible for your past sucess and mistakes.
Take responsibility for them or else you will be forever tied down like a colt.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by slimghost(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

My brother please stop arguing with that confused soul.He needs a lesson in Nigeria's history.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by dayokanu(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Dede1:

Dayolodo

I suggest you tread carefully with your putrid loud mouth. Ndigbo understood the DNA makeup of the Yoruba peeps. I can safely say that bravery is not one of the constituent elements.

The greatest Heebo man fled in the middle of the night with Gstring and wrapper to Abidjan

Cowardice and backstabbing are some of the attribute of Eboan tribe

Who but a coward would go kill a man in bed with his pregnant wife
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Alfamann: 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
dayokanu:

The greatest Heebo man fled in the middle of the night with Gstring and wrapper to Abidjan

it is quite laughable hearing a yoruba call another a coward.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ecosanders: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
grin
dayokanu:

grin
dayokanu:

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alfamann:

it is quite laughable hearing a yoruba call another a coward.

Its laughable and sacrilegous to see a Yoruba warlord leading an army tie wrapper with make up and flee warfront to Abidjan

That na for the Heebo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NNPC To Supply 10% Of India’s Crude Demand / Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media / Customs Intercepts ₦‎550 Million Tramadol, Rejects $54K Bribe From Importer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.