Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,273 members, 7,967,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:42 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (583494 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
^ so looking at the examples i proposed. you'd go for the keyword with higher exact searches..
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
shawnmayour: ^ so looking at the examples i proposed. you'd go for the keyword with higher exact searches..

Yes but balance it with CPC. They go hand in hand. But searches are important.

If CPC is $1, suggested bid might be $1.2 to beat the competition and get more displays.

If you have let us say 1 million monthly searches and a cpc of 0.04. It means that millions of people search for that keyword but few will click the ads with that keyword or purchase products relating to the keyword. So balancing is key.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
you've done justice to it. i dont know if anyone have any more question cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
A newbie wanted to know
how to choose a good
domain... it's not as simple
as that!
------------
There are literally millions
of people trying to make
an easy buck online. I was
one of the first to use
AdWords for PPC affiliate
ads, and I made a lot of $$
$. Then my friend Chris
Carpenter wrote a book
about it, and everybody
was doing it - it suddenly
become a struggle to
profit from it.
When you have 5,000
people (or whatever the
number is) all trying to
snatch LLL.coms for cheap,
the odds are stacked
against you.
Same with keyword
domains - there are tools
that let you find them,
based on CPC and monthly
searches. What domainers
are paying is rarely a
bargain.
I think of domaining as
being like the antique
business. You can't get a
feel for what is a bargain
antique just from reading
a book about it. You need
experience. Years of it.
I started 6-7 years ago
and paid $xxxx for
domains that I ended up
not renewing. I'm still
learning, still making
mistakes.
Ultimately, the best
domains are ones that
multiple end users will
one day search for and
have a strong desire to
purchase. End users that
have the cash to buy it. My
average purchase price is
$100, and my average sale
is $1000. But my average
selling time is 20 years (I
sell 5% of my portfolio
each year).
Hand-regging is unlikely
to make you a profit. At
least expired/dropped
domains had someone
liking them already.
Shorter is better. .coms are
by far the best.
Follow the prices /
appraisals here for a year,
then look for dropped/
expired domains in the
$50-$200 range that you
think can sell for $1000+.
Buy few and buy well.
Then expect to wait for a
sale.BY SEARCHENGINEZ@NAMEPROS

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nice article. My problem with a lot of the pros on namepros is that they sound like if they know it all. Here is a guy who said he spent thousands on a domain and didn't renew it. Yet he is advicing newbies who are still learning the ropes of the business to spend hundreds on domains.

The truth is that with continous study and hard work, premium domains can be hand reged. The author stating that hand regging is unlikely to make you profit is wrong. If so, how was Federer able to hand reg the domain name of the royal child worth millions of dollars?

I have been opportuned to see some members of this thread register some high premium domains. It took me time but I am slowly getting there.

KEEP DIGGING FOR EGOLD.
Tek%kyboy:
A newbie wanted to know
how to choose a good
domain... it's not as simple
as that!
------------
There are literally millions
of people trying to make
an easy buck online. I was
one of the first to use
AdWords for PPC affiliate
ads, and I made a lot of $$
$. Then my friend Chris
Carpenter wrote a book
about it, and everybody
was doing it - it suddenly
become a struggle to
profit from it.
When you have 5,000
people (or whatever the
number is) all trying to
snatch LLL.coms for cheap,
the odds are stacked
against you.
Same with keyword
domains - there are tools
that let you find them,
based on CPC and monthly
searches. What domainers
are paying is rarely a
bargain.
I think of domaining as
being like the antique
business. You can't get a
feel for what is a bargain
antique just from reading
a book about it. You need
experience. Years of it.
I started 6-7 years ago
and paid $xxxx for
domains that I ended up
not renewing. I'm still
learning, still making
mistakes.
Ultimately, the best
domains are ones that
multiple end users will
one day search for and
have a strong desire to
purchase. End users that
have the cash to buy it. My
average purchase price is
$100, and my average sale
is $1000. But my average
selling time is 20 years (I
sell 5% of my portfolio
each year).
Hand-regging is unlikely
to make you a profit. At
least expired/dropped
domains had someone
liking them already.
Shorter is better. .coms are
by far the best.
Follow the prices /
appraisals here for a year,
then look for dropped/
expired domains in the
$50-$200 range that you
think can sell for $1000+.
Buy few and buy well.
Then expect to wait for a
sale.BY SEARCHENGINEZ@NAMEPROS

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by xsay(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2013
@Tek%kyboy
Nice article grin.. To me handreg is a waste of time because most of the good names are gone.. U can only profit from it when you get the info abt what u want to reg on time. » Federer.

Am now focusing on drops, auction and backorder.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: If so, how was Federer able to hand reg the domain name of the royal child worth millions of dollars?
its all bout the experience; Federer has the xperience+ all the high calibre tools needed. Domaining is not all bout reading n reading, if u like read d entire articles on Namepros, if you re not Creative; a fast thinker, with all the domain tools and of cause Lucky, then hand regn is more like wasting your money.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Nice article. My problem with a lot of the pros on namepros is that they sound like if they know it all. Here is a guy who said he spent thousands on a domain and didn't renew it. Yet he is advicing newbies who are still learning the ropes of the business to spend hundreds on domains.

The truth is that with continous study and hard work, premium domains can be hand reged. The author stating that hand regging is unlikely to make you profit is wrong. If so, how was Federer able to hand reg the domain name of the royal child worth millions of dollars?

I have been opportuned to see some members of this thread register some high premium domains. It took me time but I am slowly getting there.

KEEP DIGGING FOR EGOLD.
cool

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2013
These days, I just come on here and read to get enlightened on things I am aware of and some I ain't...

Nice to see that this thread has produced these sort of brilliant domainers. I have been smiling.

Shawnmayor, Goodjoe and GCFR(please,always refer to him in caps) did a wonderful job in the last 2 pages.

Goodjoe, you have a deep knowledge of IM and SEO, which should have served as the spring board to launch your domaining business.

I owe my first domain sale to that forte.

Well, I get lazy to type much these days and I often visit for the fun.

Count Down to 2014 begins NOW!

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by xsay(m): 9:39am On Dec 03, 2013
2s£xy:
These days, I just come on here and read to get enlightened on things I am aware of and some I ain't...

Nice to see that this thread has produced these sort of brilliant domainers. I have been smiling.

Shawnmayor, Goodjoe and GCFR(please,always refer to him in caps) did a wonderful job in the last 2 pages.

Goodjoe, you have a deep knowledge of IM and SEO, which should have served as the spring board to launch your domaining business.

I owe my first domain sale to that forte.

Well, I get lazy to type much these days and I often visit for the fun.

Count Down to 2014 begins NOW!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by wisyno(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2013
Irrespective of what the pros do or say, different tins work for different pros. Find out what works for u and specialize there. Domaining is not really one size fits all.

Expecting a sale soon wink

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2013
https://www.namepros.com/domains-for-sale-make-offer/802842-many-ccc-com-lll-net-quad.html
Looking for a partner, let's purchase one CCC.com.
$160/2pple.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 03, 2013
undecided
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dotcomnamename: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2013
wisyno: Irrespective of what the pros do or say, different tins work for different pros. Find out what works for u and specialize there. Domaining is not really one size fits all.

Expecting a sale soon wink

Exactly what i wanted to say.
different tins work for different pros
For instance, handreg do work for me than dropped, so fingers are not equal...

so as the thing that worked for you might not work for me..

You can reg a dropped domain today sell it within 48 hours for $3k
You can as well handreg a domain today and wont sell until Jesus come
However, same dropped domain might be your portfolio decoration for decade, while handreg might just sell within hours or days
So i believe different tins work for different domainers whether pro or not...

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Exactly what i wanted to say.
different tins work for different pros
For instance, handreg do work for me than dropped, so fingers are not equal...

so as the thing that worked for you might not work for me..

You can reg a dropped domain today sell it within 48 hours for $3k
You can as well handreg a domain today and wont sell until Jesus come
However, same dropped domain might be your portfolio decoration for decade, while handreg might just sell within hours or days
So i believe different tins work for different domainers whether pro or not...
well as for me, since the day I started domaining, dropped domains never ever work for me o. The handregs re way better.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ladydeb: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Hello house, finally read the whole 98pages and i must say its enlightening, i took some notes and i hope to join you guys soon in buying domain but for now my hands are filled with other things.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dotcomnamename: 11:32am On Dec 03, 2013
lady deb: Hello house, finally read the whole 98pages and i must say its enlightening, i took some notes and i hope to join you guys soon in buying domain but for now my hands are filled with other things.

You're welcome to the kingdom of PotOfGold cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by OXCUBA: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
lady deb: Hello house, finally read the whole 98pages and i must say its enlightening, i took some notes and i hope to join you guys soon in buying domain but for now my hands are filled with other things.
lADY DEB ... WELCOME ..... TO THE FAMILY *which other things so that our hands can be filled like yours* no time*

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
gcfr.com:
its all bout the experience; Federer has the xperience+ all the high calibre tools needed. Domaining is not all bout reading n reading, if u like read d entire articles on Namepros, if you re not Creative; a fast thinker, with all the domain tools and of cause Lucky, then hand regn is more like wasting your money.

The author of that article is making it look as if it is unlikely for another Federer to rise. We heard of the guy that reged a domain being offered $500,000. Imagine if he gave up believing no premium domain is available to be hand reged. Whether is takes experience, I repeat, studying and hardwork will create the experience to succeed in the business. If searchEnginez couldn't get there, he shouldn't discourage newbies. Federer was once a newbie.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

The author if that article is making it look as if it is unlikely for another Federer to rise. We heard of the guy that reged a domain being offered $500,000. Imagine if he gave up believing no premium domain is available to be hand reged. Whether is takes experience, I repeat, studying and hardwork will create the experience to succeed in the business. If searchEnginez couldn't get there, he shouldn't discourage newbies. Federer was once a newbie.
true

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2013

Welcome and wishing you success.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
Welcome lady...

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
There are premium domains to be handregged and i can prove it tongue
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Chibenze: Welcome lady...
have you been able to contact arbitrage?
Check you mail.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
shawnmayour: There are premium domains to be handregged and i can prove it tongue
oya prove!

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
gcfr.com:
have you been able to contact arbitrage?
Check you mail.
no oh, i have tried...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
Chibenze:
no oh, i have tried...
sent you his I.d
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
https://flippa.com/2989659-fix-com-super-rare-3-letter-exact-match-descriptive-dotcom
If this isn't crazy, then nothing is! Abomination. Even my fone calculator couldn't convert the money to naira..twas showing error.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
u'r welcome,can u pls enlight us more on those other tinz so that our hands wil also be filled.LOL
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ladydeb: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Thxs @all for the welcome, wish u all success in your domain biz, the way i c it 2 letters are extinct and 3 letters if seen are gold, while not lay your hands on all d 4 letters u can get whether pronounceable or not, 2mao it maybe gone but wat do i know, i'm just newbie, joining soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.