Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,077 members, 7,916,136 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:11 PM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45352 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by theripper2: 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
The amount of hubris an atheist exudes baffles me really. The way dey argue like dey have all d answers to the world is wat irks me. Everything has to b physical or logical or it doesn't make sense. I wonder if they really realise how ephemeral and fleeting their lives are.

There is nothing happening the Bible hasn't prophesied, so each person should hold on fast to wat he believes

2 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by slimark(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gordon Douglas was so critical and logical in his reasons for not believing in Christianity. I have always viewed religion as an identity created to exploit the most gullible. Fate has it that certain things are bound to happen which cannot be augmented by prayers...That is what religious preachers will term God's will, I call it "the power of nature"
It is also logical to accept the fact that God created man in his own image which makes him to have many looks.
If I'm created in God's image, therefore my God is black and that should be what I imagine if i chose to pray.
White man's God would have a white image and a chinese God will look chinese. Black people will remain poor and backward if they continue worshiping the white God...That is the genesis of fraud...worship what is not yours!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Lilimax(f): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Jesus, was a great man, but he was not more than human. He was murdered because of Roman Politics. The final straw was being tagged 'King of the Jews'. He did not die for anyone's sins.
smiley Before the death of Jesus, the blood of Animals was used for atonement of sin. But when Jesus shed His blood, we needed no more sacrifice for atonement of sin. His blood covered for as many that accept Him as there Lord and saviour.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Lilimax(f): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
the_ripper2: The amount of hubris an atheist exudes baffles me really. The way dey argue like dey have all d answers to the world is wat irks me. Everything has to b physical or logical or it doesn't make sense. I wonder if they really realise how ephemeral and fleeting their lives are.

There is nothing happening the Bible hasn't prophesied, so each person should hold on fast to wat he believes
I choose to follow Christ. I am convinced and no man will decieve me. I have had enough personal encounter that will never shake my beliefon the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by oyestephen(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
1 tim 4:1 ...now the spirit speaketh expressly, that in later times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devil
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by pmc01(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
If there was no God or we are independent of God's influence, why don't we have the liberty to choose when we will die?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Lilimax(f): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
oyestephen: 1 tim 4:1 ...now the spirit speaketh expressly, that in later times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devil
Even the very elect may be decieved if they are not careful. I've made up my mind long ago to follow theways of Christ. No shaken!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by stagger: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
This so-called former pastor is a FOOL. Not my words, because the bible clearly says that only a fool says there is no God. Even the mere structure of our planet proves the existence of a Superior Being. Daft people try to explain it away as evolution or as a big bang theory.

Another one bites the dust.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Lilimax(f): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
pmc01: If there was no God or we are independent of God's influence, why don't we the liberty to choose when we will die?
These shows the height and level of there foolishness.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
God is d Father,Son n Holy Spirit
SPIRITUAL amalgamation human brain cannot discern. Which came first?the egg or d chicken if there is no creation by a Supreme Being?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by obi123: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
Il Capitano: Atheism,Christianity,Islam.....No scruples. To each man his own. Sticking with Christianity till Hell freezes over. This write-up doesn't change a thing.

may your way never be narrow.Thank you very much , even if i try, i cant add or subtract from this your comment
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Cashio(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rexyl: The whole story is backsliding and fall of man that the devil has won. Judas physically and spiritually to some extent walked with Jesus. He stumbled somewhere but was too weak and ignorant of repentance and restoration till the devil possessed him finally. See, by the time the truth was revealed to him it was late. He regretted his wrong decision and doing as he was being lifted down to the hell, Matthew 26 thru 27:1-5. If it has not been too late for this man he can reclaim his salvation from the Merciful God
The Bible is complete, it describes any behaviour man could exhibit at any point in time.
hope it was prophesied dt jesus would be betrayed by someone(wch means God already knew judas was going to betray jesus)the question is why blame judas for executing a job dt u apportioned to him

2 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by paparazzi1987(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lilimax: smiley Before the death of Jesus, the blood of Animals was used for atonement of sin. But when Jesus shed His blood, we needed no more sacrifice for atonement of sin. His blood covered for as many that accept Him as there Lord and saviour.

why cant we continue using Animals as sacrifice instead of this human blood.This sounds more like yoruba ORO or blood ritual.
May i also asked, who will wash wash away the sins of the generations before jesus christ ?
Also since jesus christ is also born from a womb (i.e Marry whose blood is not pure) how do you expect jesus blood to be
clean for this Blood rituals ?
abeg make una no abuse me ooo..Am just a curious type!
wink wink wink wink
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nwogbe: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Men!!!! Though i am not the type that patiently read through long write ups like this , i must admit that i was held captive by this piece and indeed i can tell ya it was a bomb. People really needs to examine things critically and holistically as far as this matter is concern.
Another question that has been troubling me for sometime now is "if God created just Adam and Eve from whom mankind eventually came from, now if two of them were white, where did black peeps came from? And if vice versa where did the white came from"? Because science has proven that there is no way two blacks can give birth to a white and vice versa. Just curious
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
paparazzi1987:

why cant we continue using Animals as sacrifice instead of this human blood.This sounds more like yoruba ORO or blood ritual.
May i also asked, who will wash wash away the sins of the generations before jesus christ ?
Also since jesus christ is also born from a womb (i.e Marry whose blood is not pure) how do you expect jesus blood to be
wink wink wink wink

Mary wasn't defiled when she conceived,she was pure n clean
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by paparazzi1987(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Proffdada:

Mary wasn't defiled when she conceived,she was pure n clean

but she was born from an un-pure blood
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Lilimax(f): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
paparazzi1987:

wink wink wink wink

The old testament believers used the blood of Ram, pigeon, bullocks etc for atonement of sin before Christ came. Check the book of Leviticus).But know from now, no other blood can wash away your sin except the blood of Jesus. Anyone that ask you to bring goat, cow, or chicken for atonement is just decieving you. Christ blood has paid the price.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by okemmadu(m): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
Don't mind all these people that claim they are atheists. Right inside them they know that God is real though religion may be full of error in it bid to explain God. They just want to pull your legs. Over and OUT!!!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by paparazzi1987(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lilimax: The old testament believers used the blood of Ram, pigeon, bullocks etc for atonement of sin before Christ came. Check the book of Leviticus).But know from now, no other blood can wash away your sin except the blood of Jesus. Anyone that ask you to bring goat, cow, or chicken for atonement is just decieving you. Christ blood has paid the price.

Did Jesus specifically said that his blood will wash away our sins and that old testament (which is mosses message directly from God) is no more releveant ?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
paparazzi1987:

but she was born from an un-pure blood
'Tis folly too be wise where ignorance is bliss
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
paparazzi1987:

Did Jesus specifically said that his blood will wash away our sins and that old testament (which is mosses message directly from God) is no more releveant ?

Yep that's why it's called new testament
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by CID: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
Only an idiot will see signs and still say there is no designer. Only a mad man will see creation and still say there is no creator. Only a fool says in his heart, there is no God(The manufacturer of consciousness). psalm 14.1
Atheism = INSANITY
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by paparazzi1987(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Proffdada:

who wrote the new testament then,cos i believe jesus was never part of the authors ?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by shdemidemi(m): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
paparazzi1987:

wink wink wink wink

Using animals as sacrifice means Gentiles won't be saved. The atonement they were doing was for the righteousnes of the Jewish people only. The death of Christ made it possible for Jews and Gentiles to be saved.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ayenny02(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lilimax: The old testament believers used the blood of Ram, pigeon, bullocks etc for atonement of sin before Christ came. Check the book of Leviticus).But know from now, no other blood can wash away your sin except the blood of Jesus. Anyone that ask you to bring goat, cow, or chicken for atonement is just decieving you. Christ blood has paid the price.
Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

An accursed messiah, prophet and “son of god”?impossible! He could never have being killed and therefore he never “died” for your sins (thus no human sacrifice” and therefore no resurrection!

With all the crying and weeping of Jesus, Christians hold that Jesus was killed and therefore become “cursed” as a human sacrifice that “died” for their sin”. Is that how a loving God (your so called “heavenly father”) treats his beloved son? Do Christian fathers sacrifice their sons and give them up to save the wicked and those who have committed atrocities? Is it just to punish the innocent in the place of the criminal?

Deuteronomy 24:16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
No one finds it easy to put away religion and to discard everything they have ever held to be truth so it mustn't have been all that rosy for the former pastor but all I can see here is arrogant people claiming others who don't subscribe to their beliefs are fools. If you are able to believe in the biblical God without any doubt then good for you but you don't have to insult others who find it hard to do the same.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by naijaobi(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nwogbe: Men!!!! Though i am not the type that patiently read through long write ups like this , i must admit that i was held captive by this piece and indeed i can tell ya it was a bomb. People really needs to examine things critically and holistically as far as this matter is concern.
Another question that has been troubling me for sometime now is "if God created just Adam and Eve from whom mankind eventually came from, now if two of them were white, where did black peeps came from? And if vice versa where did the white came from"? Because science has proven that there is no way two blacks can give birth to a white and vice versa. Just curious
what if adam was black and eve white or vice versa?
Pls don't be a fool cos only a fool says in his heart that there's no God.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nwogbe: 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Proffdada:

Then why is part of the old testament being quoted in churches especially when it comes to tithe? I suppose that portion should have gone with d old testament as well.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by tevinsolt: 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
it's only an unintelligent fellow, that is not able to recognize science from philosophy, science from History, and that logic is outside of science.

yes Jesus was an historical person who lived and died in the first century.

science is the study of physical world based on observation and experiments and the result must be consistent throughout.
history can't be proven by science because you can't repeat the transatlantic slave trade that happened years every year in a laboratory, instead we rely on eye witness account and documentations of those events

Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

Logic is absolute, interestingly we have well developed minds to grasp and understand intelligence in nature. A can not be non-A at the same place at the same time.

i rest my case for you learner with this.

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Emusan(m): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lilimax:
You are just Ignorant- Jesus' death was prophecied by many Prophets of old-Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel etc. Time may not permit me to go in details.

My sister you don't need to argue with these atheists because is one of the weapon devil is using to sweep away God's word in our heart. They know the truth but decided to streched it base on their personal hatered to God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

CAN Mourns TB Joshua 72 Hours After Death / Omega Fire Ministry Issues Official Statement On Arrest Of Apostle Suleiman / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.