Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,914 members, 7,890,033 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:59 AM

All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi (12525 Views)

Saudi Mufti: Suicide Bombers Are ‘criminals’ / “No Nation Can Fight Islam And Succeed” (sheik Gumi) / There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by BetaThings: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
ikwere militant: wat!am I dreaming, is dat not shrek gunmi wait wait wait I don't rember oluwole or toronto printing quran so were did he read dose vetses from.

BetaThings:
Ponder over this
1. Why do you think some Christians don't like Muslim Scholars who speak against Boko Haram?
2. If ALL Muslims accepted what this Sheik is saying, do you think ALL Christians would be happy?

4. When they do contradict such scholars, are they not telling Boko Haram that they (BH) are right and should continue fighting

There are various interests in this crisis. I can assure you that some people would not like it to end. At least not before 2015. Just watch. May Allah spare our lives.
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by BetaThings: 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
“Today we see young men killing themselves with explosives in the name of Jihad yet they never reflect that those ‘leaders‘ that send them to such adventure never commit suicide nor send their children to commit it.”

What is Shekau still doing on earth if suicide gave such great rewards?
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by usoofdbest: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
Had_one:
HE SCORED F-10. THOSE WITH F-9 BETTER PASS THIS DULL MUMU.

I DONT THINK HE HAS COLLECTED HIS RESULT

1 Like

Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by aaidel(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
well i guess this shows that humans can never be satisfied good job by the sheikh for speaking out need more like him and as for the christians preaching hate or throwing insults how are you better than the terrorists like someone said all extremism is extremism
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by skydeexie(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam."
Really?

"He called on the faithful to be aware that nobody should deceive them to take their own lives, saying that [size=14pt]real Jihad is fought to either win or get martyrdom."[/size]

Therefore real Jihad is still a call to fight the infidels nonetheless

People, this carnage will still continue no matter what.

[size=16pt]I will rather kill myself than to commit suicide![/size] - DAME PATIENCE JONATHAN

Haba Oga madam, rather killing yourself than committing suicide, is still suicide Ooh - there's no difference!
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by damola14(m): 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
kopite: this sheik gumi is suicide bomber. he has succeeded in brainwashing lots of young muslims, radicalising and turning them against the government. lets see how his script turns out.
You re very ridiculous for this interpretation probably you meant what you re doing .....its a shame
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by BetaThings: 2:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
skydeexie: "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam."
Really?

Yes and it was put their on the instigation of Christians

skydeexie:
"He called on the faithful to be aware that nobody should deceive them to take their own lives, saying that [size=14pt]real Jihad is fought to either win or get martyrdom."[/size]

Therefore real Jihad is still a call to fight the infidels nonetheless

Tell me one country, whatever the religion, that does not have Ministry of "Defence"
Tell me if Christian countries have never used their "Ministry of Defence" to attack another country

A Saudi defending his country even against Al Qaeda rightly sees it as Jihad
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
IS it why Boko Haram aint using the suicide method again. Walayi this Sheik is a CIA agent in Nigeria. Suicide bombers will go to hell but those that plant and run away will inherit 7 or abi 70 virgins.
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by merits(m): 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
teniyi:
Oh my God, you read and still understand excertly opposite of what the man preached. Get a brain please.
is like you are reading from rear cant you understand his simple message.jst go enroll yourself in nursery school and start all over again
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by dbride: 3:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
Tolexander: [size=20pt]I will rather kill myself than to commit suicide![/size]DAME PATIENCE JONATHAN

seems she doesn't want to go to hell. I now understand her reason!

What's your drift? "kill myself" and "commit suicide" are one and the same thing, either way will still send her to hell.

1 Like

Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by StepG: 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
Look at this nonentity.Because MEND had threaten to bomb mosque n muslim gatherings that's why he is tacticaly condeming BH.Let him wait by the time mend carried out their attacks he will realise his previous mistakes.
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by dbride: 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
the_ripper2: Is he just getting a brain? I heard his father was a modern day terrorist preaching all sorts of hate against Christians. Well, fccuk u still Gumi and ur Jihadist religion.

Yes you are right about his late father but if the son has learnt from his father's mistakes and now tows a completely different path of truth and peace, then he deserves commendation not hostility.
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by naptu2: 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
Step-G:
Look at this nonentity.Because MEND had threaten to bomb mosque n muslim gatherings that's why he is tacticaly condeming BH.Let him wait by the time mend carried out their attacks he will realise his previous mistakes.

naptu2: Sheikh Gumi: Boko Haram Are Not Real Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/1008792/sheikh-gumi-boko-haram-not

Sheikh Gumi Escaped Death In Kaduna
https://www.nairaland.com/1019982/sheikh-gumi-escaped-death-kaduna

Sheik Gumi Kicks Against Amnesty For Boko Haram, Says They Ought To be Crushed
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/sheik-gumi-kicks-against-amnesty-boko-haram-says-they-ought-be-crushed
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by naptu2: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Sheikh Gumi: Boko Haram Are Not Real Muslims[/size] by auwal87(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2012

SaharaReporters has gathered that there are serious security concerns over the safety of Sheik Ahmad Gumi following his critical statement against sectarian bombing that targets innocent people. In a Ramadan sermon delivered yesterday, the Islamic cleric declared that it is not Islamic to inflict death on others, adding that those killing innocent people are ignorant of Islam’s core teachings.

A source who prays at Sultan Bello Mosque, Kaduna, where Sheik Gumi teaches daily told SaharaReporters that security has been stepped up at the mosque. “There are security concerns and fears,” said the source, adding that “Sheik Gumi has spoken with a bluntness and bravery that no other cleric has shown so far.” A senior Nigerian police officer in Kaduna confirmed that security around the sheik and Sultan Bello Mosque had been tightened.

A Kano-based Islamic scholar told SaharaReporters that he would not be surprised if some extreme elements tried to attack Mr. Gumi. He stated that the sheik was right “in making it clear that all those carrying out suicide bombings and killing people are not real Muslims, but misguided heretics who have completely deviated from Islam.” The scholar praised the sheik for “preaching that there is no justification for those using bombs to kill fellow Muslims and non-Muslims with whom there should be neighborly trust.”

Mr. Gumi’s sermon against the incessant violence in Nigeria is widely seen as a direct reproach to Boko Haram militants who frequently claim credit for deadly explosive attacks. The source who attends Sheik Gumi’s mosque said Muslims all over Nigeria should be proud that the cleric has affirmed that any suicide bomber who kills innocent people “will not see God.”

“Sheik Gumi kept repeating that there is no way those doing [these killings] will make heaven, without repenting to Allah.”

Mr. Gumi also challenged other Muslim clerics and teachers to boldly preach against killings and other acts of violence that threaten to tarnish the image of Islam.

The Kano-based scholar urged Muslims in the country to pay heed to other messages from the courageous cleric in Kaduna. “If other clerics become like Sheik Gumi, we will soon overcome the situation we are facing.”

In his sermons, Sheik Gumi has charged all Muslims to stand up, and save their religion from present challenges. The cleric also condemned today’s suicide bombing attack that targeted the Emir of Fika.

Sheik Gumi has called on those mounting the attacks to renounce violence, and suggested that they be granted the same kind of amnesty extended to Niger Delta militants.

The cleric, who has a reputation for fearlessness, is the son of the late famous Sheik Abubakar Mahmud Gumi. He is based in Saudi Arabia where he lives with his family.

https://www.nairaland.com/1008792/sheikh-gumi-boko-haram-not
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by free2ryhme: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Y did it take him until d amnesty for bh 2 say dis? Where was d shiekh when d killings was goin on? Fearless indeed!
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by jaybee(f): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
kopite: this sheik gumi is suicide bomber. he has succeeded in brainwashing lots of young muslims, radicalising and turning them against the government. lets see how his script turns out.

teniyi:
Oh my God, you read and still understand excertly opposite of what the man preached. Get a brain please.

9jauk: Sounds too good to be true, I'm suspecting maybe Shara reporters web has been hack into, this Sheik can't be trusted, have read volume s of articles and videos of his sermons ain't confused enough if is up to any good, I hope Nigeria will split I my generation enough is enough, na by force, kilode******

@teniyi You also need a brain to understand the post you are commenting on.

first take a look at sheik gumi's earlier teachings to muslims, then analyse his current utterances, and then reconcile the two; if you have a brain, that will tell you where he is heading to. just don't take sheik gumi's utterances at face value.
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by naptu2: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Sheikh Gumi Escaped Death In Kaduna[/size] by auwal87(m): 2:19am On Aug 16, 2012.

The outspoken Sheikh Ahmad Gumi escaped death at the hand of suicide bombers after failing to reach him on their motorcycle.

Two people carrying explosives on motorbikes were killed by their own bombs in Kaduna yesterday, witnesses said, suggesting that the bombers targeted Islamic scholar Ahmad Gumi who recently criticised attacks blamed on the Boko Haram sect.

Only the bomb carriers died in the incident which happened at about 3.35pm on the busy Ali Akilu Road.

Witnesses said the bike-bombers appeared to be heading towards the Sultan Bello Mosque where hundreds of Muslims were gathering for Sheikh Gumi’s Ramadan Tafsir which was due to start in less than 30 minutes.

They said Gumi uses the same road to go to the mosque for the preaching session, which has been holding daily from 4pm since the beginning of the Muslim fasting month that ends at the weekend.

People who attend the Tafsir sessions said Gumi had recently criticised Boko Haram-linked suicide bombings and shootings, describing such acts as sacrilegious.

“(The bombers) were heading for Sultan Bello Mosque but before they reached the roundabout, we heard a loud explosion and three of them died instantly,” said a witness, Kaduna polytechnic student Idris Mustapha.

“Two were riding one of bikes while another person who we believe was part of them, was driving behind them. Then there was a loud blast,” he said.

Source: http://labarai.com/sheikh-gumi-escapes-death-after-bombers-failed-to-reach-him/

https://www.nairaland.com/1019982/sheikh-gumi-escaped-death-kaduna
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by naptu2: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Sheik Gumi Kicks Against Amnesty For Boko Haram, Says They Ought To be Crushed[/size]

March 26, 2013 - 22:23 — siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York

Dr. Ahmad Gumi, fearless cleric and son of the late famous Sheik Abubakar Mahmoud Gumi, today kicked against amnesty for the Boko Haram sect as has been proposed by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III and several prominent Nigerians, saying they ought to be crushed.

Gumi who once escaped being killed by some suspected terrorists, made the remarks in a sermon monitored in our New York office from his social media network.

In it, Gumi declared that were Prophet Mohammed himself to be alive today, he would personally have led the way in exterminating the sect.

“Every individual in this nation is concerned about the future,” he stressed. “Nigeria is catalytically deteriorating. Today the national discourse is on corruption and amnesty for terrorism.”

He noted that many people have missed the crux of the matter. “Corruption is incurable, it is only suppressed. That is by genuine ethics/faith illumination campaigns like the ethical revolution, War Against Indiscipline, Re-brand Nigeria etc. and ...an effective system of accountability (i.e. checks and balances) or what can be summed up as good governance.”

Turning to the Boko Haram insurgency, he described it as hypocritical, pointing out that as an ideology, Boko Haram respects no law, the Quran or Hadith or Scholarly fatwa. “They have their own interpretation, anything short of that is part of the enemy that should be killed. So on what basis should there be dialogue or amnesty?   It is a creed that must be crushed; it is a creed the prophet – alaihis Salam- wished he is alive to exterminate."

Sheik Gumi regretted that the present dispensation in Nigeria lacks the moral high ground to defeat the militants, otherwise that objective would already have been achieved.  In that regard, he pointed out that more innocent people have been killed, maimed, tortured and incarcerated by the JTF in the name of fighting Boko Haram than by Boko Haram itself or those camouflaging behind them. “A whole region is made to suffer economically, socially and politically because of this blind war on terror. The present dispensation has everything to gain in refusing the 'amnesty' call for political reasons; that is why it is recalcitrant. Otherwise, if the need to crush Boko Haram is genuine, it would have been achieved since.”

Instead, he called for a “selected Muslim high-ranking officer” of the armed forces take charge of the whole ‘operation’ from investigations to incursions, arguing that the situation requires careful excision and only someone who feels the pains of society has the capacity can carry it out.

“Like removing a tumor from the brain, you don't give that to an orthopedic surgeon, no matter how good, to do that. It is an operation of precision not brute force. This choice of tackling a peculiar problem is the sign of good governance. Special missions have special requirements if success is the objective.”

Sheik Gumi pointed out that Boko Haram consists of armed individuals hiding in a civilian population.

“They do not control any high fire power to be engaged in a war,” he said.

“Therefore there is absolutely no need whatsoever to deploy and ultimately exhaust the military in road blocks all over the spheres of their activities. What are needed are very good intelligence, special strike squads and the genuine cooperation of the civilian population which can never be achieved through intimidation.”

He warned that because the issue is being tackled with “the impulses of vengeance and retaliation” as is currently the case,the entire saga is gradually turning into another thing all together.

“This is what makes the future bleak and frightening,” he stressed.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/sheik-gumi-kicks-against-amnesty-boko-haram-says-they-ought-be-crushed
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by Mintayo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
grabdbull: Destination Of All Suicide Bombers Is Hell, Sheik Gumi Says

By SaharaReporters, New York

Hell is the destination of all suicide bombers, fearless cleric Sheik Ahmad Mahmud Gumi warned today in a sermon SaharaReporters monitored in New York.

He pointed out that while young men commit suicide, they ought to reflect that those leaders who send them to their deaths do not commit suicide or send their children to die in the same way.

Gumi who has been critical of the Boko Haram sect, said in the sermon: “The prophet – Salawatullahi alaihi- is a mercy for mankind. He said the way to Paradise is easy for those that follow his path. He said: “everybody in my Ummah is going to enter the paradise except he who refuses. They said (the companions): oh messenger of Allah, who will refuse? He said: whoever obeys me enter the paradise and whoever disobeys me he has indeed re...fused” Al-Bukhari.”

In an important sermon that has implications for violent Islamic sects that use suicide bombing as a key tool, Gumi offered the message that those that agree to use themselves as bombs do more than die in vain.

“Despite this ease of entering Paradise, those that commit suicide for whatever reason have guaranteed for themselves the Hell Fire forever,” he said.

He called on the faithful to be aware that nobody should deceive them to take their own lives, [size=14pt]saying that real Jihad is fought to either win or get martyrdom.
[/size]

I.e. Don't kill yourself, but die fighting! Extremism is extremism. One extremist badmouthing another doesn't make him less of an extremist.

Just my thought!
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by naptu2: 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
I've just been reminded of something funny I heard on the BBC in the late 1990s. It was a clip from a british television programme.

The journalist was interviewing a muslim cleric. The cleric said the word "fatwa". The journalist interrupted him and said "you mean a death sentence?" I almost died of laughter. I read a lot, so I already knew the meaning of fatwa (religious ruling), but most people in the West and even in Nigeria (including my friends) only knew about the word from the Salman Rushdie incident, so they thought it meant "death sentence".

From the BBC

Jihad

The literal meaning of Jihad is struggle or effort, and it means much more than holy war.

Muslims use the word Jihad to describe three different kinds of struggle:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible

The struggle to build a good Muslim society

Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/beliefs/jihad_1.shtml
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by prometheus(m): 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
Clever decoy.
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ok, i like what he said, i only hope he means it and not saying it for the cameras.

But he kinda confused me, is he saying killing and infidel is haram? Because i'm made to understand by references i've seen to the koran(i never confirmed it shaa), that killing an infidel, killing anyone who leaves islam(converts to other religion) will take you directly (express road) to 'heaven' with 72 virgins. Is the imam telling me that these things in which the muslims use to justify killing aren't in the Koran
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by Mustay(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
Commendable as it may seem, this is not the first time Islamic clerics have condemned BH who claim to be using Islam as their decoy. Ever since BH started their killings under UMYA's tenure, their condemnations usually turned them to targets of attack.

Saying Muslims are docile and brooking this is throwing the background and history to the bin + self-serving

More than 50 Muslim leaders repeatedly
called the police, local authorities and
state security to urge them to take action
against Boko Haram sect militants but
their pleas were ignored, Imam Ibrahim
Ahmed Abdullahi said.

“A lot of imams tried to draw the
attention of the government,” Mr.
Abdullahi said, drawing nods from the
several other Muslim scholars sitting with
him as he spoke Saturday in the battle-
ravaged city of Maiduguri. “We used to
call the government and security agents to
say that these people must be stopped
from what they are doing because it must
bring a lot of trouble.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/03/world/africa/03nigeria.html?_r=0

One must not forget how BH can kill one of them, Yusuf's 'in-law':

http://247ureports.com/why-we-did-not-kill-obasanjo-boko-haram/

https://www.nairaland.com/622922/boko-haram-group-killed-muslim

In BBC's Heart & Soul programme concerning the Malian insurgents, I remember a Malian saying "they want to enforce Islam on Muslims, it doesn't make sense!"

Criminals are criminals.

Cowards cannot jump to the stage and assume leadership forcefully on people. The onus lies on the FG to provide security, employment and an investor-friendly climate to quell the confusion and ingnorantly-induced hatred among citizens so that old men don't fuel a war they want young people to fight and get themselves killed in!!

1 Like

Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by Mintayo(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
BetaThings:

Yes and it was put their on the instigation of Christians

Tell me one country, whatever the religion, that does not have Ministry of "Defence"
Tell me if Christian countries have never used their "Ministry of Defence" to attack another country

A Saudi defending his country even against Al Qaeda rightly sees it as Jihad

there is nothing like a 'christain country' pls and pls!
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by GASLINE: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
This sermon is coming rather too late. Anyway, atall atall na him bad pass.
Those that have ear, let them hear what the preacher is telling the BK and their sponsors
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by softangel(m): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
"All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell" b4 nko?
Re: All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi by BetaThings: 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
Mintayo:

there is nothing like a 'christain country' pls and pls!

Sir, there is
Cameron (PM of Britain) says his country is a Christian country
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16224394
http://www.eauk.org/current-affairs/news/census-is-britain-still-a-christian-country.cfm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Seven (7) Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death" / The Permissibility Of Looking At Who You Want To Marry / Why I Should Take A Second Wife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.