Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,545 members, 7,901,603 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:21 PM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (24042 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

I dont know how government work in the part of the world where you live.
But as far as I know, in the cases you have described above, authorized agents of the government, would give you citations, issue tickets or fines, possible arrest, charge and prosecute you. You are presumes innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. And also, you have the right of appeal.
Did you get that?.
First century Palestine, being under roman laws, had a robust law enforcement and legal system and did not encourage vandalism by religious extremists. Infact, religious extremist were hunted down and crucified as rebels.

My friend, GO AND SLEEP.

Let Metro police just sees me with drugs first on the Cap hill, not only citation,... LOL @ citation.

Abegi, go and ask people who are on the run how they confiscate and seize their properties, then come back and tell me how far... Citation kor, ticket ni. Even in the state, if drugs are found in your car and you're plying State roads, if state troopers get you, they are within the confines of the law to impound your vehicle because u know why, DRUGS IS AGAINST THE LAW - A FELONY... PERIOD. Keep waiting on citation.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Imao! If he died for you and all debts have been paid, why do you still go to church,why pay tithes and other religious craps! Since you paid your debt,why are you still in the bondage of forceful weekly worship to a sky entity?

Going to church is not bondage or paying a debt. It is thanksgiving something I want to do to praise and honor my father. No one forces me to go to church and give offering, my offering is my thanks t God, my church going is my fellowship with brethren to renew my faith and love of God. Please don't be angry if I love Jesus, he's been good to me. No matter how many times I fall and fail him he still loves me and wants to be in my life. That's love.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by codeninja(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
its funny how these agnostics/atheists never seem to talk about Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) undecided

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh: Everyone has their belief and I believe what he did was a big deal. It is because of what he did that you write this freely without getting struck down from heaven. He loves me without knowing me and wants me to live with him in heaven. So yes it is a big deal for me, Thank you Jesus, for dying so I might live.
He know s you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
Vanneni: I don't understand Him, honestly I don't. But I love Him and I believe HIm. Talking about the fruit in the garden of Eden, I often ask the same question you asked. Why would He command them not to eat it when He already knew they would It just does not make sense! What lessons was He trying to teach them and us (eventually) I don't know. We were taught today i Church that if Adam and his wife had pleaded to God to forgive them after they disobeyed Him, He'd have forgiven and not purnished them. But how in heaven/on earth/under the earth were they supposed to know what to do after making that mistake ? Was it that they hadn't spent enough time with Him to know how He does things Again I don't know. But what can the creature say to it's creator Accept whatever He says. God can never be wrong.

Apparently they heard his footsteps in the garden! God? I thought he was a spirit.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Imao! If he died for you and all debts have been paid, why do you still go to church,why pay tithes and other religious craps! Since you paid your debt,why are you still in the bondage of forceful weekly worship to a sky entity?

Pls ask them o. I have been asking this question.
Why are pastors all over the world, telling people that they owe god money?
Ha ba! shocked
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Ifymathez: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
An avalanche of people basking in d euphoria of over clouded ignorance. If u choose not to concur to His death and resurrection, itz fucking bucketful poo. Haterz of Jesus should jump into a lagoon or better hug an incoming 911 being driven by an Aboki dat has taken too much of monkey tail
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ayenny02(m): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Jesus did not die for us, he was arrested and charged to court for high Treason and heresy, which according to the laws of the land was punishable by death under Section ### of the Roman Laws of the time.

Jesus decided not to go with the public defender but to represent himself in court. The first court dismissed the case against him for lack of proper evidence; the second court which was a higher court sentenced him to death.
Before his crucifixion, he had was about to be granted amnesty nut the people didn’t want him, so they granted amnesty to Barnabas and sent Jesus to the gallows.

Jesus died because He was a wanted man, who had evaded arrest for so long until he was caught slipping after one of his home boys went and snitched to the cops in exchange for money and immunity from prosecution. ..
So amnesty was granted to barnabas, no wonder amnesty was granted to criminals in nigeria. Why jesus didn't accept d offered? maybe he is God, becos God don't need amnesty.
Shame on u they wanted to grant ur god amnesty!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by gimodo: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
Young Man, i pray may God almighty have mercy on you and grant you the ability to understand spiritual truth.

I want you to answer these questions: Since you were born, how many people do you know that died and rose again the 3rd day, how many of those African American slave you heared of that were pears with spear and their blood opened the blind eyes,how many names have you heard of that heal even the deadliest disease HIV/AIDS?

Answer the above questions sincerely to find answers to your questions

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by misreal(m): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:
How could God die?

Nice question, God is not a man like you and me, God is awesome, a three in one being;

1)Father: God Himself sitting on the throne

2) Son: Jesus, the word that sent into becoming a flesh, 'John 1:14, that same Word was God himself, that word had God's spirit, holy spirit and life

3)The Hoy Spirit: God could sit on His throne and be at the same time at diffrent parts of the world doing wonders, speaking to His Sons. He is omnipresence, that presence apart from His throne is what is called the Holy Spirit, that Holy Spirit lived in Jesus, that was why He could act like God.

So why call himself Son of David? Evidently, the seed of David wasn't in him.

Just like He was called Son of Joseph too. The fact that He was called the Son of David does not mean He is a seed of David. He only appeared in the family that sprang forth from David's lions. That title was just mere formality, He (Jesus Himself) said "I AM FROM ABOVE:....; I AM NOT OF THIS WORLD (John 8:23) His life was nt from spermatozua but from God above.

So God sent himself to save his creations to pay a debt his creations owed him. I'm not surprised I have to believe this by faith. Faith makes the irrational rational.

Look, not like the creations owe Him. God is not a lier, He doesnt change His word. He already said in the old testament "the soul that sins shall die"-EZEKIEL 18:4. When He says a world, it must follo suit, that was why He had to send Jesus (God in human body) to die in that place. It was legally accepted He took their place since He made them. He became the sin for them. 2COR 5:21. Note: Jesus is God in human body

Again, God sacrificed himself to himself?

Sacrificed Himself for Himself? I did'nt say that. He just had to take their place. He had established the law "the soul that sinneth shal die", He loved them, He had to send His Jesus to die in their place. Note: It was legally acceptable to take thier place by that same law. He was the only one who could because through Him they were made (JOHN 1:3)

Sounds like all the problem of the world today is because Nazareth didn't have an asylum..

It depends on what you mean by asylum.

Whether you believe or not, it doest change the truth still. You'll only be very unsmart not to believe the truth. Its at your detriment since am not asking you to pay me offering or come to my church. THE TRUTH REMAINS "HE DIED FOR YOU ALREADY, REJECT HIM AND BE DAMNED! ACCEPT HIM AND BE SAVED John 3:18, YOU WILL THEN KNOW, HIM (He will show Himself to you, there wouldnt be need to ask these.).-

jesus is de son of God...he is nt God.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

Going to church is not bondage or paying a debt. It is thanksgiving something I want to do to praise and honor my father. No one forces me to go to church and give offering, my offering is my thanks t God, my church going is my fellowship with brethren to renew my faith and love of God. Please don't be angry if I love Jesus, he's been good to me. No matter how many times I fall and fail him he still loves me and wants to be in my life. That's love.

No, you have been programmed to believe that,you are deeply rooted in the matrix.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by sammynice(m): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
it's a pity that sum people do not know the value of JESUS...do not argue wit any one because it is not by force dat dey most bleive the antichrist on rampage..i bind you all in JESUS NAME.....

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by chukxie(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
To each his own. It's pointless arguing back and forth. Nobody can fight God's battle. The battle is His and He will fight it Himself! Let's refrain from arguments that only serve to fuel the ego of some people here.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Jopipeline: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Another christian not happy to see the bible lies being exposed. angry

Young man watch your statement, else you will incur the wrath of God. You should be ashame of urself in making such comments.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
sammynice: it's a pity that sum people do not know the value of JESUS...do not argue wit any one because it is not by force dat dey most bleive the antichrist on rampage..i bind you all in JESUS NAME.....

Fake beliefs are never to be questioned becos of the secrets they hide

My advice to you: Question everything,believe nothing!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Jopipeline:

Young man watch your statement, else you will incur the wrath of God. You should be ashame of urself in making such comments.

I have heard that so many time......the bugger wouldn't dare lol
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

My friend, GO AND SLEEP.

Let Metro police just sees me with drugs first on the Cap hill, not only citation,... LOL @ citation.

Abegi, go and ask people who are on the run how they confiscate and seize their properties, then come back and tell me how far... Citation kor, ticket ni. Even in the state, if drugs are found in your car and you're plying State roads, if state troopers get you, they are within the confines of the law to impound your vehicle because u know why, DRUGS IS AGAINST THE LAW - A FELONY... PERIOD. Keep waiting on citation.

These people, according to your bible were merchants and money changers ply their legal trades, earning a legit living for their families. It is assumed that they had been doing this for a while. They were not robbing or sacrificing babies..
They were not doing anything against the laws of the land.
Get that in your head.
Ask yourself, if the entire community had no problem with it, why should jesus be the only one peeved?

You are using every type of convoluted logic to avoid the clear fact that Jesus clearly expressed negative and destructive emotions, and therefore sinned.
Period.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by dont8(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
How can he pray to himself, bullshyt.
damosky12:

3) A man who hated sin was made to carry it in bulk upon himself, that was why He was praying to God. He wasnt afraid of the death but never wanted to be a sinner for once because He had to carry the sins of the whole world (alive, dead and unborn) upon himself even though He never sinned!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

I was about to quote that now when I saw yours,

He has already made up his mind yet asking questions, like I often say and will continue to say,

2 Timothy 2:23 [b][size=14pt]"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."[/b][/size]
This respons tells us what Christians should do when asked questions they do not understand and which could only bring up fruitless arguments.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Demainman1: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

Our Bible says the wages of sin is death. It is God's word and it cannot change not even for his son's sake. If you remember in the Old Testament, they used to sacrifice animals to wash away their sins as it is clearly written that one blood can wash away the sin of man. Jesus became the ultimate sacrificial lamb and his blood washed away all of our sins. So now instead of a sacrifice, we call on the blood of Jesus to wash us clean.
Now I don't know why we need blood to wash away our sin but if God says so then it's good enough for me. The price of Jesus blood was paid to God the father. Thank you Jesus.

The wages of sin is death. And Jesus died. And some posters here said he did not commit sin? How? And he died? I am really confused
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
ayenny02:
So amnesty was granted to barnabas, no wonder amnesty was granted to criminals in nigeria. Why jesus didn't accept d offered? maybe he is God, becos God don't need amnesty.
Shame on u they wanted to grant ur god amnesty!

Nice try...

The amnesty wasnt turned down by Jesus but by the Jews... Go read your bible hommie.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

These people, according to your bible were merchants and money changers ply their legal trades, earning a legit living for their families. It is assumed that they had been doing this for a while. They were not robbing or sacrificing babies..
They were not doing anything against the laws of the land.
Get that in your head.
Ask yourself, if the entire community had no problem with it, why should jesus be the only one peeved?

You are using every type of convoluted logic to avoid the clear fact that Jesus clearly expressed negative and destructive emotions, and therefore sinned.
Period.

Dude, once again, go read the Bible. I have no time for silly arguments... PERIOD.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adebiyikayode5: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
i pity majority of ppl on this forum 4 typing stupility statement on the jesus christ on the forum i dont care whom u are listen good without d death of christ 4 yr life u are d fast lane to crisis,futility,pain&vanity
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
Jopipeline:

Another wrath of god threat.
Always a last resort.
what else is new?.

I dont know why the same wrath of god cannot visit all those who have rendered our beloved country into a desolate landscape.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Obviously his ways are very unreasonable..

A God!! That knew that his creations would eat from a fruit that was bad for them, yet he placed it within their reach.. then when they ate the fruit (as he already knew they would), he got angry and punishes them..

If that isnt a set-up, then I wonder..

My point exactly...... I really don't know how some people can be s o ignorant to see the faults and lies written all over that fictional book called bible
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ayenny02(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
adaxme: you muslims are totally ignorant ,you started this thread to mock christians ,well you say what you want to but d truth still remains chrstianity is the truth and you mad about that,;and not its too late become a follower of jesus christ
Mr Man, can u tell me in ur Bible where jesus said Christianity is the truth religion?
Where jesus mention christianity as a religion, pls tell me?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
Demain_man:

The wages of sin is death. And Jesus died. And some posters here said he did not commit sin? How? And he died? I am really confused

Jesus died for his own sins( whether he was innocent is another case)
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, once again, go read the Bible. I have no time for silly arguments... PERIOD.

Yeah.
maybe both Jesus and the merchants should have read the bible.
lol grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
misreal: jesus is de son of God...he is nt God.

You see, its better you ask when you dont know than try to post irrelevance "in the biginning was the word, and the word was with God *and the word was God*"- John 1:1. Jesus was the word of God sent that became flesh and dwelth amöng us (John 1:14). The Bible says "and the word was God", that settles everything. JUST LIKE WHEN YOU SPEAK NOW, YOU ARE NOT A SEPERATE ENTITY FROM YOUR WORD. You are your word and You can send it anywhere.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
adebiyikayode5: i pity majority of ppl on this forum 4 typing stupility statement on the jesus christ on the forum i dont care whom u are listen good without d death of christ 4 yr life u are d fast lane to crisis,futility,pain&vanity

Funny enough the same jesus was said to never had died on the cross, he fled to india
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by jumboo: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.
God is just and He would not allow a sinner go unpunished. We are not saved because Christ was flogged and crucified... Christ at the garden of Gethsemane was not talking about the whips of the soldiers and the cross when He said let this cup pass over me. He was talking about God's wrath and an eventual separation from the father he is one with. God crushed him for your sins and my sins. He paid the price in full, drank every bit of the wrath in that cup. You can never ever go through what Jesus went through. The death that should have come to me as a result of my sins has been paid for in full, that is why I can stand justified.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel / Pastor Chris Okafor's Private Jet Is Chartered And Not Owned By Him - LIB / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.