Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,582 members, 7,901,740 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (24043 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Debroslink: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
ayenny02:
Pls can u explain this verse when u said Jesus is God;
1 Timothy 2:5
5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

TITUS 2:13 SAYS IT ALL

U NEED MORE?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

You are avoiding the point.
Mainly that: jesus sinned when he lost his temper and attacked the merchants in the temple. This is a clear case of vandalism by a religiously obsessed individual.
It was not tolerated then , and is not tolerated today.

You said the "temple" abi? Who was the temple dedicated to? You?

This isn't a case of vandalism, the physical temples was for the High priest and it was dedicated to GOD, the ONE OF ISRAEL. The singular fact of them defiling that place with fraudulent activity and you call it vandalism shows how you think. Does govt own the internet, does govt control the internet, yet the govt has power over it, why don't you go commit internet fraud and when you're caught, term it vandalism when they come to your house to destroy and remove all you got.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: one thing I know is that christians can never be able to give a reasonable explanation for the alleged death of their savior, cos like they claim jesus was the sacrificial lamb who paid a price to redeem mankind,

but that brings a whole new perspective to the whole story, who was the price paid to? Was it the devil? Or he paid the price to himself? If the price was paid to the devil that goes to show that the devil is more powerful than God/jesus, if the price was paid to God/jesus then that also goes to show us how blood thirsty he is, either way this story is all bull.shyte,
The whole appears foolish to me sometimes but then I remember that if God can ever be foolish, His foolishness would still be wiser than all the wisdom of men. I don't understand the whole death and resurrection of Jesus. Why did He have to die Couldn't God have made another means of saving mankind Afterall He's the one who makes the rules and He it is who accepts what He wants to accept. So.... I don't understand a lot of things but I believe there's really a God and everything the Bible says about Him is real even when they are had to understand and accept. I just know that it was/is all a love thing. God loves us and that death was to buttress it.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dominiquez:

When I look at you I see a person that devil has decided to destroy. MARK MY WORDS! What happened to judas awaits you and all those that supports you. Where are those super stars that dare compare themselves with Christ? Beetle and co? You don't play with God and you play with the work of salvation of men. I see you crashland. Am so sure you won't go far in life. Just pitying your family for giving birth to a waste like you.

At least there is no account or book that claimed the devil killed anyone. Its best to be on his side rather than sky god yahweh or his half human son- jewsus. That is if all these comic characters ever exist.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by rayahmad: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
dulphines:

Please, to start with it is Jesus not jesus. If you are not a Christain or have belief in Christainity, why don't you keep mute rather than write all these and incure the wrath of God. May God forgive you your sins, wash away your inequities and bring you to life everlasting through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

ANOTHER LAZY MIND......STEREOTYPE MINDSET. U QUERY A MAN because OF HIS REASONING, HE IS NOT AS LAZY AS U R, HE IS A SEEKER OF KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWLEDGE HE SHALL FIND...AND AS FOR U..I ASK U...WHO IS GOD
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
According to the bible God is "Omniscience" and so he knows everything.

My question is, if God (Omniscience) already knows everything, including who goes to heaven and whow goes to hell, then "are we not on replay"??

God (also Omnipotent) already knew that Osama Bin Ladin would be born in the 20th century, and that he would mastermind and attack that would kill 3,000 people in 2001 (God did nothing to stop him) and that 10 years later he would be killed by U.S navy seal 6 and then go to hell for his sins. "And yet he created him"

WHY??

Maybe he wanted those 3,000 dead anyway, no??

THEN WHY??
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
Debroslink:

U BUILD A MANSION ON LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY AND GOVERNMENT CAME AND DESTROYED IT. WHOSE FAULT? WILL GOVERNMENT COMPENSATE YOU? PEOPLE WERE BUYING AND SELLING IN GOD'S HOUSE, AND U EXPECT JESUS TO OVERLOOK IT? MAY U REALISE UR ERROR AND BEG 4 4GIVENESS B4 IT'S 2 LATE.

THE BIBLE SAYS: BE YE ANGRY AND SIN NOT

Big laugh.
I am resisting the urge to use derog words here.

By your silly analogy, jesus was the government?

Even if so, government have rules for public safety. Government takes actions against individual through a legal process. Government investigates, prosecutes and judges trespassers. Government does not encourage individuals to take laws into their own hands. Jungle justice is discouraged.

The merchants had rights, and there is no evidence whatsoever, that they were violating any laws. Roman laws , enforced by centurions, were sufficient to maintain the peace.
Jesus, in this particular case, was the interloper and trespasser.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by oobim(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
The things of d spirit are foolishness to d carnal man.
After all, There r many physical/obvious things we don't understand, but they work when we apply them.How many of us understand how aeroplane, electricity, internet, phone, tv etc work?How many of us understand how d drugs we take work?

Just like scientific stuffs r foolishness to d man who studied accounting.

'..and The seed of d woman shall crush d head of d serpent..'Jesus' coming was prophesied right after Adam n Eve disobeyed God in d garden.

Jesus came, died n rose.He shall come back again!
Total PEACE is in Christ!Every time my faith droped, I felt hopeless n lonely.Believ wot u want o, me holding unto my saviour till eternity..

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Debroslink: 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza: According to the bible God is "Omniscience" and so he knows everything.

My question is, if God (Omniscience) already knows everything, including who goes to heaven and whow goes to hell, then "are we not on replay"??

God (also Omnipotent) already knew that Osama Bin Ladin would be born in the 20th century, and that he would mastermind and attack that would kill 3,000 people in 2001 (God did nothing to stop him) and that 10 years later he would be killed by U.S navy seal 6 and then go to hell for his sins. "And yet he created him"

WHY??

Maybe he wanted those 3,000 dead anyway, no??

THEN WHY??

BECAUSE HE IS A FAIR GOD AND WILL NEVER TWEAK YOUR REASONING OR THE REASONING OF ANY MAN. "HE HAS SHOWN YOU THE WAY OH MAN". IT'S LEFT 4 U TO ACCEPT OR REJECT HIM.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

Big laugh.

Even if so, government have rules for public safety. Government takes actions against individual through a legal process. Government investigates, prosecutes and judges trespassers. Government does not encourage individuals to take laws into their own hands. Jungle justice is discouraged.

The merchants had rights, and there is no evidence whatsoever, that they were violating any laws. Roman laws , enforced by centurions, were sufficient to maintain the peace.

Well, they have rules and regulations, no doubt but explain what happens if you're caught in in front of a government bldg selling pirated dvds, swindling people and committing all sort of abominable crimes like those traders did, what will the govt do first?

Merchants have rights? Where? Hypothetically, had King Cyrus who built that temple had known their evil deeds, do you think they will not be beheaded? Abeg, you can beat and dance around this issue, it will not help your cause
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Freezle(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
i blame the moderators for bring this to the front page, i seldom post here but when i saw this i just have to tell who ever wrote this to SHUT UP
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Jamisco: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
ayenny02:
5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

PLEASE, CAN YOU JUST CONTINUE BELIEVING IN AL=LAH THE HIGHEST IN RANK AMONG THE 99 IDOLS OF MECCA. THE FATHER OF MOHAMMED WAS NOT MUSLIM BUT HE WORSHIPED AL=LAH, HE NAME MEANS SERVANT OF ALLAH. IDOL WORSHIPERS, THERE NO HOW DARK AND LIGHT WILL LIVE TOGETHER.

YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN THE MYSTERY ABOUT THE BIRTH, DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS EVEN QUR'AN ITSELF BELIEVED THAT JESUS WAS NOT KILLED BUT WAS TAKEN BY GOD TO HIM. THAT MEANS HIS IS LIVING AND HE IS EXTRA ORDINARY BEING THAT EVEN THE QUR'AN CANNOT EXPLAIN IT, IT JUST SAID GOD TOOK HIM TO BE WITH HIM.

IT IS ONLY FOR THOSE THAT ARE SAVED (CHRISTIANS) THAT THE MYSTERY IS EXPLAINED TO THEM.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Jamisco: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
ayenny02:

PLEASE, CAN YOU JUST CONTINUE BELIEVING IN AL=LAH THE HIGHEST IN RANK AMONG THE 99 IDOLS OF MECCA. THE FATHER OF MOHAMMED WAS NOT MUSLIM BUT HE WORSHIPED AL=LAH, HIS NAME MEANS SERVANT OF ALLAH. IDOL WORSHIPERS, THERE NO HOW DARK AND LIGHT WILL LIVE TOGETHER.

YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN THE MYSTERY ABOUT THE BIRTH, DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS EVEN QUR'AN ITSELF BELIEVED THAT JESUS WAS NOT KILLED BUT WAS TAKEN BY GOD TO HIM MEANING HE IS DIVINE. THAT MEANS HIS IS LIVING AND HE IS EXTRA ORDINARY BEING THAT EVEN THE QUR'AN CANNOT EXPLAIN IT, IT JUST SAID GOD TOOK HIM TO BE WITH HIM.

IT IS ONLY FOR THOSE THAT ARE SAVED (CHRISTIANS) THAT THE MYSTERY IS EXPLAINED TO THEM.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life: .

This is why I said you need to ask.

Jesus was indeed angry, anger borne out of the passion of his creator who has sent him, and when they defiled the place (the supposed temple), holiest of the holy. His emotion was shown through anger, besides the Bible said "In anger, DO NOT SIN" - Eph 4-26.

We try to justify anger with destructive activity whereas in reality, anger is mere emotion, but it advises you in anger, we should control our anger like "bridle your tongue". If you're angry for the right reasons and you do not sin in the course of it, Glory be to GOD.

You crack me up. really!
I am glad that agree that jesus was angry, angry to the point of destroying other people's property, a destructive anger.
That is sin as far as I am concerned.
Sincerely asking, could he not have achieved the goal of driving them out, perhaps, in a peaceful and negotiated manner?
And most importantly, is there any evidence that the merchants permanently stayed out thereafter?
The whole excercice was not only sinful, but in vain
And you say it is born out of passion of his creator? Do you know that same can be said of BOKO HARAMI ?
I can't stop laughing.
But wait, God created jesus? I thought jesus was god?
Oh boy, I am confused o.
I guess you are not a trinitarian.
You guys should please make up your minds.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
WE TINY HUMANS WITH OUR LITTLE LIMITED BRAINS CANNOT REASON OUT HOW OUR CREATOR WORKS! HIS WAYS ARE UNREASONABLE MOST TIMES BUT HE SAYS TO TAKE IT BY FAITH.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by jimjones: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

My own understanding of the Bible, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Yall should get it straight.

true dat, bredrin...true dat. evil simply is the consequence of the good lord's incompetence and/or sociopathy. he's either clueless, or he's a sick fvck that derives pleasure in slaughtering innocent children the world over....with fire in sodom and gomorrah(or however the fark them stoopid biblical names are spelt), tsunamis in southeast asia, earthquakes haiti, hurricanes in north america, mudslides in south america, diseases in africa etc etc etc....oh, and obama drones of death in the middle-east!

@OP: like you, i dont see the big deal in this character's death. besides the fact that dude's death was quintessential self-righteous suicide, it accomplished no tangible positive results. some of the christians on here will die horrible deaths due to poverty, sickness, accidents, natural disasters and all kinds of strife...! yet jesus' self-righteous suicide was supposed to reverse the consequences of original sin - which were both physical and spiritual. but as you and many have witnessed, fark aint changed for the better since j-boy passed...and fark aint never go'n change.

someone claims dude was sin-free. i call bs on that, straight up and down. his rant and physical abuse at the temple was criminal and unnecessary. jesus clearly didn't have the nerve to assault the actual culprits...the custodians of the temple, the ogas at the top! instead he turned on the weak, the innocent folk adversely affected by the social circumstances of the times, who also happened to be trying hard to provide for their families! jesus turned on the victims! what fate would await me should i run amok with a baseball bat in a known den of thieves like any winners chapel church - thrashing the banks, church merchandise points, and the livelihoods of the poor kpofkpof, pure water, ice-cold 'mineral' and egg-roll sellers, trying to make ends meet?

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Debroslink: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

Big laugh.

U BETA DON'T USE ANY DEROG WORDS ON ME COS I NEVA DID ON U. IN GOD'S HOUSE, THERE ARE RULES... GOD'S HOUSE MUST BE HOLY. JESUS AS GOD, CAME TO HIS OWN HOUSE AND SAW PEOPLE TRADING. HE HAD TO DRIVE THEM OUT.

SAY ANOTHER ONE
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Vanneni: WE TINY HUMANS WITH OUR LITTLE LIMITED BRAINS CANNOT REASON OUT HOW OUR CREATOR WORKS! HIS WAYS ARE UNREASONABLE MOST TIMES BUT HE SAYS TO TAKE IT BY FAITH.

Obviously his ways are very unreasonable..

A God!! That knew that his creations would eat from a fruit that was bad for them, yet he placed it within their reach.. then when they ate the fruit (as he already knew they would), he got angry and punishes them..

If that isnt a set-up, then I wonder..
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Everyone has their belief and I believe what he did was a big deal. It is because of what he did that you write this freely without getting struck down from heaven. He loves me without knowing me and wants me to live with him in heaven. So yes it is a big deal for me, Thank you Jesus, for dying so I might live.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by rayahmad: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Amhappy: During the Roman reign a lot of people were crucified for a lot of reasons. Even the thieves that died with Christ were crucified but Christ Death on the cross is so special and different. Why

He is God(Our Creator)
At the time of His death,He was truely God and truely man(He took flesh so he felt the pains and injuries)
He chose to die(He took it upon himself to die,Selfless Sacrifice)
He died for us while we are still sinners
He died in our place(We were condemned by the sin of Adam and paradise was taken away from us.We are supposed to be the one to die by law of justice)
He gave us the power to call God 'Father' again
His death brought the mercy of God
His death bought us salvation and eternal life
Finally He didn't just die,He resurrected on the third day giving us hope that if we die in him,we will resurrect on the last day

R U RILY TALKING ABT GOD?I MEAN GOD.....
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

You crack me up. really!
I am glad that agree that jesus was angry, angry to the point of destroying other people's property, a destructive anger.
That is sin as far as I am concerned.
Sincerely asking, could he not have achieved the goal of driving them out, perhaps, in a peaceful and negotiated manner?
And most importantly, is there any evidence that the merchants permanently stayed out thereafter?
The whole excercice was not only sinful, but in vain
And you say it is born out of passion of his creator? Do you know that same can be said of BOKO HARAMI ?
I can't stop laughing.
But wait, God created jesus? I thought jesus was god?
Oh boy, I am confused o.
I guess you are not a trinitarian.
You guys should please make up your minds.

I crack you up? I'm glad that I'm enlightening you.

Lol, if destroying their property that involved despicable fraudlent activity is what you speak of, no qualms.

That is sin as far as you're concerned ... To the Christian world, there's an understanding.

Driving them out in a peaceful/negotiated manner? It's either you haven't read that part of the Bible or you're simply ignorant.Lol, you mistake God's kindness for foolishness, you can also question why did God destroy the world the first time.

I will recommend to go back and read the Bible, i.e. if u want to.

Lol, if I haven't been on several threads where the discussed the "HOLY TRINITY", then I'd take the time to explain, but seeing that you've been an active participant, what's the use?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh: Everyone has their belief and I believe what he did was a big deal. It is because of what he did that you write this freely without getting struck down from heaven. He loves me without knowing me and wants me to live with him in heaven. So yes it is a big deal for me, Thank you Jesus, for dying so I might live.

Imao! If he died for you and all debts have been paid, why do you still go to church,why pay tithes and other religious craps! Since you paid your debt,why are you still in the bondage of forceful weekly worship to a sky entity?

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Imao! If he died for you and all debts have been paid, why do you still go to church,why pay tithes and other religious craps! Since you paid your debt,why are you still in the bondage of forceful weekly worship to a sky entity?

You have got it wrong!!

No debt was paid.. However, a micro finance bank was provided. So if you sin, you withdraw the blood of Jesus to pay for your sin and use your Life as collateral.. grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

You have got it wrong!!

No debt was paid.. However, a micro finance bank was provided. So if you sin, you withdraw the blood of Jesus to pay for your sin and use your Life as collateral.. grin

Imao! No wonder boko haram are being offered amnesty!

In that case sky god yahweh doesnt have the right to send anyone to hell. He will be violating the death and sacrifice of his son.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Well, they have rules and regulations, no doubt but explain what happens if you're caught in in front of a government bldg selling pirated dvds, swindling people and committing all sort of abominable crimes like those traders did, what will the govt do first?

Merchants have rights? Where? Hypothetically, had King Cyrus who built that temple had known their evil deeds, do you think they will not be beheaded? Abeg, you can beat and dance around this issue, it will not help your cause

I dont know how government work in the part of the world where you live.
But as far as I know, in the cases you have described above, authorized agents of the government, would give you citations, issue tickets or fines, possible arrest, charge and prosecute you. You are presumes innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. And also, you have the right of appeal.
Did you get that?.
First century Palestine, being under roman laws, had a robust law enforcement and legal system and did not encourage vandalism by religious extremists. Infact, religious extremist were hunted down and crucified as rebels.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by rayahmad: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

in Science the life of a Man comes from the spermatozua. Without the spermatozua, the baby is lifeless. So Jesus was born without spermatozua but by the Holyghost overshadowing a virgin and virginity in the old testament dipicts Holyness. The Life Jesus had was not a life from Man (but from the Holyghost) and he was born of a virgin (HOLY WOMAN). So, He was born Holy. Nobody was ever born that way not even John the baptist. Think about it! Any more questns?

ADAM WAS BORN WITHOUT SPERMATOZUA BUT HE IS A MAN...GOD DID DAT,GOD CAN DO ANYTIN. JESUS WAS A MAN FILLED WITH HOLINESS AND CLEANLINESS. AND OUR GOD CAN DO ANYTIN, GOD ONLY SAY TO IT BE AND IT IS.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Legit: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.
The following are quotes from the bible. Psalm 47 v 2 Lord is terrible, Leviticus 19.27 Dont cut your hair, Denteromy 13.12-15 Kill unbeliever, Exodus 35.2 Kill on who work on 7th day, Exodus 21.1 Justify Slavery law. Xtianity is about power to control others. Religion is man's invention. Faith & Believe means unproven. Why feel so strong on something that is not proven without a doubt. Whether "GOD" exist or not nobody knows, we just follows like mumu, bcus mom & dad say so, and they may b wrong like two left foots.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: one thing I know is that christians can never be able to give a reasonable explanation for the alleged death of their savior, cos like they claim jesus was the sacrificial lamb who paid a price to redeem mankind,

but that brings a whole new perspective to the whole story, who was the price paid to? Was it the devil? Or he paid the price to himself? If the price was paid to the devil that goes to show that the devil is more powerful than God/jesus, if the price was paid to God/jesus then that also goes to show us how blood thirsty he is, either way this story is all bull.shyte,

Our Bible says the wages of sin is death. It is God's word and it cannot change not even for his son's sake. If you remember in the Old Testament, they used to sacrifice animals to wash away their sins as it is clearly written that one blood can wash away the sin of man. Jesus became the ultimate sacrificial lamb and his blood washed away all of our sins. So now instead of a sacrifice, we call on the blood of Jesus to wash us clean.
Now I don't know why we need blood to wash away our sin but if God says so then it's good enough for me. The price of Jesus blood was paid to God the father. Thank you Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
rayahmad:

ADAM WAS BORN WITHOUT SPERMATOZUA BUT HE IS A MAN...GOD DID DAT,GOD CAN DO ANYTIN. JESUS WAS A MAN FILLED WITH HOLINESS AND CLEANLINESS. AND OUR GOD CAN DO ANYTIN, GOD ONLY SAY TO IT BE AND IT IS.

If he could,why cant he heal amputees? That should be easy i guess...unless he is not that powerful
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by invectives(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
[quote
author=Freezle]i blame the moderators for bring this to the front page,
i seldom post here but when i saw this i just have to tell who ever
wrote this to SHUT UP[/quote]

yeah @ mod,this is a hate thread,like the muhammed video on youtube.
if na muhammed, person for don die.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Obviously his ways are very unreasonable..

A God!! That knew that his creations would eat from a fruit that was bad for them, yet he placed it within their reach.. then when they ate the fruit (as he already knew they would), he got angry and punishes them..

If that isnt a set-up, then I wonder..
I don't understand Him, honestly I don't. But I love Him and I believe HIm. Talking about the fruit in the garden of Eden, I often ask the same question you asked. Why would He command them not to eat it when He already knew they would It just does not make sense! What lessons was He trying to teach them and us (eventually) I don't know. We were taught today i Church that if Adam and his wife had pleaded to God to forgive them after they disobeyed Him, He'd have forgiven and not purnished them. But how in heaven/on earth/under the earth were they supposed to know what to do after making that mistake ? Was it that they hadn't spent enough time with Him to know how He does things Again I don't know. But what can the creature say to it's creator Accept whatever He says. God can never be wrong.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

Our Bible says the wages of sin is death. It is God's word and it cannot change not even for his son's sake. If you remember in the Old Testament, they used to sacrifice animals to wash away their sins as it is clearly written that one blood can wash away the sin of man. Jesus became the ultimate sacrificial lamb and his blood washed away all of our sins. So now instead of a sacrifice, we call on the blood of Jesus to wash us clean.
Now I don't know why we need blood to wash away our sin but if God says so then it's good enough for me. The price of Jesus blood was paid to God the father. Thank you Jesus.

Can the blood of jesus get you a job,or put food on your table?

Blood? Is that like a ritual or something? Is it ok to call you a carnibal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign / May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.