Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,801 members, 7,938,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell (14979 Views)

MASSOB Accuses Uwazuruike For N4b Fraud & Expel Him - See Datials / Uwazuruike Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Boss / MASSOB Disowns Uwazuruike For Supporting One Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by jpphilips(m): 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: In response to article,

Igbo nation or Biafra or whatever we should call it has been broken and irrevocably divided. Your sons have so much of themselves invested and commited to other territories that they are constantly intimidated by the fear of parting from or loosing those investments and are therefore unwilling to trade or sacrifice their personal gain for a tribal cause, given the wisdom of 1967. So this Igbo youth call will only be answered and carried out in East. Your brothers in West and North dare not start trouble in those regions if their established successes is valuable to them.

Moreover, this is a coward call. Soon as the trial start the demand will change and they will release another media cry threatening to cause trouble if uwazuruike is convicted. Then soon as he is convicted, another cry to cause trouble if he is imprisoned. When picture of him eating "national beans" is released, it will be followed by threats of if he dies in prison. These clowns only have cries and loudness......they can bark but they are toothless.

Their teeth has been uprooted and implanted in different regions, separated from a bunch and given individual successes thus deflating and neutralizing their sense of collectivism and unity......which was never strong and cohesive to begin with.

yeye COWARDS!! angry

in 1967, igbos were still dispersed more than they are now, it might interest you to note that one of the reasons the Aburi conference was convened was in protest to the progrom in the "north".
a
note the parenthesis on the North.

professor emedozie of the blessed memory was one of many biafrans who came back from europe to fight the war.

the sniper improvised telescope and the gun powder reloader were a few of his inventions at the time.

i cannot underestimate the ibos because the then col ibb at the calabar sector, col idris muktar and Gen Murtala Mohammed witnessed the Abagana massacre with their own very eyes.

my advise to you is this; dont give them a reason to unite, once they do, they will finish you.

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Igwe9(m): 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Na so the thing dey take start, sensible person no fit doubt wetin hungry and frustrated youths fit do, the worst thing that could happen to any individual is to fight with somebody that has nothing to lose.

This kind of inciting statements coming from some yoruba folks on here could be dangerous and when it eventually gets to it's boiling point, no amount of amnesty can quench it.

If the economy of the country was good, would anybody seek to secede, many people wished to be US and UK citizen for same reason.

And woe betide all those that are saying all sort of nonsense about Igbo and it's tribes.

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by udokpuenyi(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

the Commander-in- Chief of the Nigerian Sovereingty, Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has officially declared that bokoharam is a ghost. So who in bokoharam should charges of treason be filed against?

So who in bokoharam should be granted amnesty.

The nigerian govt has carried its wickedness against the ibo nation to the level that those who are not initially interested in MASSOB will reconsider their stand, and that might be deadly, very deadly if I may say. By the time the young 'thinktanks' in Igbo land start joining MASSOB, things may spiral out of control. The case of kidnapping will just be like amateur reharsal. Let it be known to all that the SE has the highest number of unemployed graduates in the country, if the channel their energy in fighting for their liberation, it might not go down well with this country

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OgbuefiNegro: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
jp philips:

in 1967, igbos were still dispersed more than they are now, it might interest you to note that one of the reasons the Aburi conference was convened was in protest to the progrom in the "north".
a
note the parenthesis on the North.

professor emedozie of the blessed memory was one of many biafrans who came back from europe to fight the war.

the sniper improvised telescope and the gun powder reloader were a few of his inventions at the time.

i cannot underestimate the ibos because the then col ibb at the calabar sector and col idris muktar witnessed the Abagana massacre with their own very eyes.

my advise to you is this; dont give them a reason to unite.

To win a national battle you need cohesion and unity of the people. A successful trader in alaba or ladipo or sabon gari is united to his business and market. These markets are outside igboland and therefore puts him. n a political disadvantage to take up arms against the land from which his living and sustenance is begotten. the bloated mightiness of igbo is irrelevant and useless when ndigbos in lagos, kano, abuja, maiduguri are turning deaf ears to call for igbo nationalism.

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by zuma4k(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
SLIDE waxie: wen person no get origin, which flag he no go brandish finish?
Allow them, abeg.
grin
nah ur papa wey no get origin... Anuofia!!!
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by jpphilips(m): 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

To win a national battle you need cohesion and unity of the people. A successful trader in alaba or ladipo or sabon gari is united to his business and market. These markets are outside igboland and therefore puts him. n a political disadvantage to take up arms against the land from which his living and sustenance is begotten. the bloated mightiness of igbo is irrelevant and useless when ndigbos in lagos, kano, abuja, maiduguri are turning deaf ears to call for igbo nationalism.

like i advised someone abinitio, dont give them a reason to unite, a word is enough.
ask yourself, which tribe unites more during festivities??

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OgbuefiNegro: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
udokpuenyi:

So who in bokoharam should be granted amnesty.

The nigerian govt has carried its wickedness against the ibo nation to the level that those who are not initially interested in MASSOB will reconsider their stand, and that might be deadly, very deadly if I may say. By the time the young 'thinktanks' in Igbo land start joining MASSOB, things may spiral out of control. The case of kidnapping will just be like amateur reharsal. Let it be known to all that the SE has the highest number of unemployed graduates in the country, if the channel their energy in fighting for their liberation, it might not go down well with this country

they dont know yet......thats the purpose of commitee.

igbos can counter this amnesty to bokoharam against the background of this uwazuruike trial but......ohanaeze, the apex igbo political group....the authority and voice for igbo....said they support the amnesty. in fact, they declared their support for amnesty to boko in kano. can you imagine!

the best way to get this issue resolved is to allow uwazuruike to go to trial but a parallel political effort must be raised to deman parity on account of prevailing events with boko and mend. precedence cannot be a good argument to get him off because acts of treason exist on records, with penalties.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OgbuefiNegro: 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
jp philips:

like i advised someone abinitio, dont give them a reason to unite, a word is enough.

you dont get it!

they should not need a trigger to unite them.

why is it hausas dont tarry behind after studying abroad and are quick to return home? why do yorubas never abandon home and always see home as the ultimate abode? even when investing in foreign soil yorubas do so in small scale and minimize risk in the eventuality of a loss and a fateful return home. these are people that posess strong sense of nationalism. they dont need a trigger from anyone to give them unity.

why is iboman waiting to be triggered into cohesion?
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by FreeWill01: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
No forget say na igbos cause the only civil war niaja don get, all them bunker rams and etc dey learn
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Smooyis(m): 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
I beg make them free these guys joor. At least they have been relatively peaceful. Must they go violent before we respect them and think of giving them amnesty?
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

you dont get it!

they should not need a trigger to unite them.

why is it hausas dont tarry behind after studying abroad and are quick to return home? why do yorubas never abandon home and always see home as the ultimate abode? even when investing in foreign soil yorubas do so in small scale and minimize risk in the eventuality of a loss and a fateful return home. these are people that posess strong sense of nationalism. they dont need a trigger from anyone to give them unity.

why is iboman waiting to be triggered into cohesion?

True u have made ur points and accepted, we Igbos have our issues but ur initial write up was filled with so much hate as though u had been waiting for the slightest opportunity to lash at Igbos. Did we offend u? True, Igbos have been liberal enough to invest heavily outside the south east but this shouldn't be an issue at all if Nigeria is truly one nation. This is why at worst, we would prefer to have a Southern Nigeria & Northern Nigeria that is if Nigeria should break. But don't take one thing from us, we are very industrious and very creative. Even if we lose all our investments in other parts of Nigeria, give us just ten yrs and see what a developed country we could build if we all come together but like I said earlier, we would prefer to remain with our southern brothers. Funny enough other Nigerians know this and that is why they know we would not want to destroy this country, God bless the Igbos.

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Clerverly: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
phreakabit:

The most notable sign of insanity is dissociative identity disorder. You know you are loosing your grip on sanity when you know you are not Igbo, yet lie to yourself (and also believe your lie) that you are.

BTW, I like how you said " some of us the IGBOS". LOL! You should really take an IQ test asap! At the moment a beach pebble sits just above you on my official IQ table.

Is "Jonathan our son mantra" losing its grip on your lips? "This is morning yet on creation day" Aturu Aba
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by oluamid(m): 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee:

lmao...

There is absolutely no way these guys are Israelis so why the Israeli flag? Oh I remember, some people believe they are originally from Israel. Lmao. Then am from the moon. grin
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by oluamid(m): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=EUROFIGHTERR][/quote]

And have you at any moment paused to ask yourself this question: who will the Igbo's trade with if they go back to their lands. Agreed they are very good and industrious traders. But even a trader cannot buy his own wares.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OgbuefiNegro: 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
True u have made ur points and accepted, we Igbos have our issues but ur initial write up was filled with so much hate as though u had been waiting for the slightest opportunity to lash at Igbos. Did we offend u? True, Igbos have been liberal enough to invest heavily outside the south east but this shouldn't be an issue at all if Nigeria is truly one nation. This is why at worst, we would prefer to have a Southern Nigeria & Northern Nigeria that is if Nigeria should break. But don't take one thing from us, we are very industrious and very creative. Even if we lose all our investments in other parts of Nigeria, give us just ten yrs and see what a developed country we could build if we all come together but like I said earlier, we would prefer to remain with our southern brothers. Funny enough other Nigerians know this and that is why they know we would not want to destroy this country, God bless the Igbos.

where do u see the hate, point it out in my post. if Nigeria is indeed ONE, then what is biafran flag still doing on flag poles in SE? .....and who is this "we" that wants a Southern Nigeria? Yorubas have never asked for such country, thats a desire in SE but have you obtained consensus from others and do they agree to be in this Southern Nigeria with you?
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee:

lmao...
sad shocked,

Are they flying Israel's flag?

What a nation of confused souls between the Arabs wannabes and the jews wannabes , naija really has a long way to go..how will u fix your country when you think you are from another land?

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
sad shocked,

What a nation of confused souls between the Arabs wannabes and the jews wannabes , naija really has a long way to go..how will u fix your country when you think you are from another land?
grin grin grin
I weep for Israel.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

where do u see the hate, point it out in my post. if Nigeria is indeed ONE, then what is biafran flag still doing on flag poles in SE? .....and who is this "we" that wants a Southern Nigeria? Yorubas have never asked for such country, thats a desire in SE but have you obtained consensus from others and do they agree to be in this Southern Nigeria with you?

Flying the Biafran flag shouldn't necessarily mean that we do not believe in Nigeria. Afterall haven't u seen Nigerians flying the American flag? Infact, the Igbos believe in Nigeria more than others because we try to bring development wherever we find ourselves and try to make we we are 'our home.' I was not trying to say that Southern Nigeria must one but I strongly believe that if the SE, SW & SS should be united, we could be much better than being separate countries just like South Korea. I don't see any sense in all the quarelling between Igbos & Yorubas when infact, Col Fajuyi had to give his life in an attempt to save his Igbo guest who was Aguiyi Ironsi. What friendship & bond!! Even in the SE, there are those that believe we should all go our separate ways but I beg to differ on that. Ordinarily, noone would even want Nigeria to break up but it's just that the northerners are getting too aggressive especially with the drive to force sharia on everyone.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by oluamid(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
One_Naira: Massob una better hold onto this promise. Personally, i like the fact you have another set that promised to help you guys and they are youths too. that youths better not be 30 something year old men calling themselves youths. anyway back to what i was saying, since day 1 i thought Massob non-violent stanch was the dumbest idea. I understand umuzurike was a lawyer prior to leading Massob hence that education must have destroyed his sense of reasoning but let go of that education and get with reality. Nigeria is literally the definition of what racist white man call the black man. i.e: uncivilized, backwards, barbaric, corrupted environment. If this was SA or anyother African nation excluding somalia, i would agree una civilized form of protest was a mood idea but comeon, who in their right mind that know the history of MEND would honestly think going the civilized method in an uncivilized environment was the right choice. MEND started the same peaceful method as una, they were constantly attacked, killed by the FG during their peaceful years until they finally snapped and turned violent. the same way very few SS blamed them when they turned violent is the same way very few Igbo be it SS or SE Igbo would blame una. Your f2king snapping is long over due.
At least una have another set of group to help una. if I'm Massob or even AIY, go seek ou Bakassi boys. I heard they've been released. those men obviously do not give a f2k about killing or attacking anyone. go seek out armed robbers and get them do something positive in their damn life for once. pretty much go seek out any of those people that aren't scared to shoot or get killed. after which, go to BZM and squash whatever beef una have with them. they themselves already mentioned they are not scared of going the non-violent route. seek out other groups fighting for Biafra cause in that country. i used to think Massob extends only to enugu, now i know una go pass it and in fact extends everywhere. i see una have the population, and way of it getting more population, you just don't wanna use it. Your headquarters is in onitsha, anambra alone have been caught mutiplr times smuggling illegal arms therefore duh? there are probably many selling illegal weapons in that area, go seek them out. you can easily find someone that would make una bombs. I give una props cause anytime we read the fight between yall and the military, it always mention una fought back despite having no weapon. you brought a fist to a gun fight . Dumb but it shows una have balls. you have the courage to defend yourself, you have an extended population, you have means to get more population, you reside in an area where u can get weapons, tons of it, you have the means to fight back idk why una refuse to use any of it. Let go of civilized method in an uncivilized environment. use MEND and its history as your case study.

So in effect, you are saying they should go on and risk their lives while you continue the battle cry sitting comfortable behind ur PC/phone?
Wise man.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE]
sad shocked,

What a nation of confused souls between the Arabs wannabes and the jews wannabes , naija really has a long way to go..how will u fix your country when you think you are from another land? [/quot

For us, it is a thing of Joy to identify with the Jews. Whether there is truly any link between us and the Jews is really not a problem for us. The bible makes us understand that Israel is blessed and whoever blesses Israel is blessed. Have u ever wondered why America is so mighty? It is because they provide cover for the Israelis. Infact, the Igbos feel highly honoured being described as Jews wanna be!!! It doesn't even matter if we are losing our identity on this so long as we are under God's blessings. After all, Ruth willing lost her identity to follow Naomi a Jewess in the bible and she was blessed for it, same with Rahab. True, we Igbos have our issues and we may be persecuted but we are truly blessed. We are the Nigerian Jews!!! GOD BLESS THE IGBOS!!![b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Princewell2012(m): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Most of these people talking trash here are children, and never had the experience of what a war is all ab out. They should ask their parents what happen doing the Biafra war.it is only a fool that will call igbos a coward. Even those who has never been to the east before also claimed to be an igbo, in other to make caricature of them. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:04am On Apr 23, 2013
EUROFIGHTERR: For us, it is a thing of Joy to identify with the Jews. Whether there is truly any link between us and the Jews is really not a problem for us. The bible makes us understand that Israel is blessed and whoever blesses Israel is blessed. Have u ever wondered why America is so mighty? It is because they provide cover for the Israelis. Infact, the Igbos feel highly honoured being described as Jews wanna be!!! [size=16pt]It doesn't even matter if we are losing our identity on this so long as we are under God's blessings[/size]. After all, Ruth willing lost her identity to follow Naomi a Jewess in the bible and she was blessed for it, same with Rahab. True, we Igbos have our issues and we may be persecuted but we are truly blessed. We are the Nigerian Jews!!! GOD BLESS THE IGBOS!!!

you disgust me! angry angry angry tongue tongue

If a slave and traitor like you comes within 5 metres of me, I will chop you down with my takouba. angry angry

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OgbuefiNegro: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2013
EUROFIGHTERR:

Flying the Biafran flag shouldn't necessarily mean that we do not believe in Nigeria. Afterall haven't u seen Nigerians flying the American flag? Infact, the Igbos believe in Nigeria more than others because we try to bring development wherever we find ourselves and try to make we we are 'our home.' I was not trying to say that Southern Nigeria must one but I strongly believe that if the SE, SW & SS should be united, we could be much better than being separate countries just like South Korea. I don't see any sense in all the quarelling between Igbos & Yorubas when infact, Col Fajuyi had to give his life in an attempt to save his Igbo guest who was Aguiyi Ironsi. What friendship & bond!! Even in the SE, there are those that believe we should all go our separate ways but I beg to differ on that. Ordinarily, noone would even want Nigeria to break up but it's just that the northerners are getting too aggressive especially with the drive to force sharia on everyone.

those other flags you mentioned are flown on personal assets, they are not held in competition to the Nigerian flag or hoisted on a flag pole on public grounds. thats the difference! massob has a martial protocol for the biafran flag, complete with biafran anthem. you cannot do that without violating the sovereign laws.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by lastpage: 12:27am On Apr 23, 2013
bamosagie: Igbo guys don begin the movement for amnesty, now dem go dey Pray make the trial start, then dem go start wahała and killing, maybe bombing plus kidnapping. Then some prominent Igbo leaders go ask for amnesty, after small shakara from both side, federal govt go beg dem with amnesty. Case close. Till OPC start dem own.

You guys should STOP this Igbo-bashing please.
Every discussionshould not be turned into tribal bashing (l know they do it a lot as well but....).

On reflection, l thought S.E. and S/S are "one' and indivisible .... and are planning to elope together?
But Jona (fish) is from S/S, how can his government put MASSOB leader away for good?

Or is it that MASSOB just wants to agitate for Amnesty?

Jeezuz, see what Boko Haram is causing?

E be like say time to "open-eye" do reach o! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

NB: As per the Israeli flag, maybe my Igbo Bruvdas are asking for Israeli help, to come combat Jona-tin-head
Haaah, l forgot they are "dispalced israeli citizens" grin grin
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by farem: 12:30am On Apr 23, 2013
mas[size=8pt]SOBBING!
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by CyberG: 12:40am On Apr 23, 2013
EUROFIGHTERR:

I will respond to this topic later but I had to chip in that although you sound gracious in your statements but most of the Ibos on this forum are NOT gracious at all! The demean Col. Fajuyi's sacrifice and danger to his own life in order not to abandon his C-in-C, boss and abuse him till today. If Nigeria wants to divide, so be it but the character of the ibos on this forum makes it expedient that they should just leave the SW as soon as the country divides! I am sure the northerners do not want them either and neither do the Niger Deltans. The seed of ungratefulness, constant abuse and insult of other Nigerians has come full circle and I am very sure, ibo land will be much worse off after the break-up. They will need access to the sea which they can't get - being landlocked will be a big problem. Their land is too small, no leadership, etc.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by lastpage: 12:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Igwe.:
Na so the thing dey take start, sensible person no fit doubt wetin hungry and frustrated youths fit do, the worst thing that could happen to any individual is to fight with somebody that has nothing to lose.

This kind of inciting statements coming from some yoruba folks on here could be dangerous and when it eventually gets to it's boiling point, no amount of amnesty can quench it.

If the economy of the country was good, would anybody seek to secede, many people wished to be US and UK citizen for same reason.

And woe betide all those that are saying all sort of nonsense about Igbo and it's tribes.
The bolded-refers:

Jokes apart, the bolded is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH AND KUDOS TO YOU FOR VOICING IT OUT.
Everyone is just taking-out their frustrations on the next person/tribe.

We dont need wars, tribal divisions or hatred. Break-up or Civil war is not even a solution!
What we need is SECURITY AND EMPLOYMENT for our people.
Be it hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, we all face the same problems and the same "enemies": Corrupt leaders who steal us dry!

But while we insult ourselves and fight "tribal wars", they are busy looting or traesury and patrimony!

Just imagine how silly we are?

Until "The younger generation" learn to focus on the real issue at stake and identify their real enemy (like you just did), poverty and helplessness, laced with wanton killings, is all we will get from PDP and APC or whatever they metamorphoed into!

Lastpage!

BTW: Dont take my Yoruba folks too seriously, we just like getting under your "skin" ....in a friendly way that is. wink wink

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by CyberG: 12:47am On Apr 23, 2013
Princewell2012: Most of these people talking trash here are children, and never had the experience of what a war is all ab out. They should ask their parents what happen doing the Biafra war.it is only a fool that will call igbos a coward. Even those who has never been to the east before also claimed to be an igbo, in other to make caricature of them. Nonsense

If you think so highly of ibos who you know lost the war, and your comment about children asking their parents what the Biafrain war was about, how much MORE highly would you regard the armies (and people) who brought such fear and destruction to iboland during the war? Biko, be rational here, but I doubt if you can. There may be nothing wrong in crediting your biafran heroes but even your biafran heroes will salute and genuflect to the soldiers who were superior in combat and won the battles that brought the war to an end!
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Kairoseki77: 12:51am On Apr 23, 2013
Ima go on a shooting rampage and demand 100 virgins with big yansh, an oil well, a permanent slice of the national cake (derivation money), I want two highways named after me, and my face on the 5k naira note.

If anyone wants to join me, let me know! grin
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by CyberG: 12:57am On Apr 23, 2013
Now at @ THREAD: Was it not the same SE that voted 99.9% for the retardeen? This makes the whole thing funnier than ever! It seems ibos have been swindled by the ijaw fisherman retardeen Ebelechukwu Azikiwe? He promised the Niger bridge, ports, etc, how many has be completed so far? To make matters worse, ibos have borne the brunt of the BH menace more than any other peoples in Nigeria but if that was not enough, shouldn't there be prosecution and convictions of the terrorists to bring some sort of closure for the people who lost their family members? Till date, your devoted retardeen is yet to prosecute one terrorist and get a conviction! Now he has already bought off all the ohaneze team with 5 B (only)! Yet, watch, ibos are the most likely to members of the 40 lapdog team, see the list: insincere9gerian (Enugu), afam4eava (super bigot and mod), goddex, taharfqa, rossijke, etc, etc! Abeg make una enjoy una fresh air!
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by rosebowl01(m): 1:11am On Apr 23, 2013
I don't get it; are they trying to create a world record for "the most threats issued with no subsequent action"? Well, Guinness is watching sha.
They will try him right there at your door step and nothing will happen.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Legit: 1:43am On Apr 23, 2013
berem: The Alliance for Igbo Youths (AIY) an umbrella body for Igbo youth organisations in Nigeria has threatened that the country would experience mayhem if the leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Ralph Uwazuruike is tried for treason. Uwazuruike, alongside six members of MASSOB had filed an appeal to extricate themselves from an impending treason trial, which was initiated against them by the Federal Government in 2005.

But a five-man panel in the Supreme Court had on Friday 19, 2013 approved a trial for treason for the MASSOB leader and some members and ordered that their trial should commence without delay. Reacting to the judgment, the Secretary General of AIY, Emeka Moneme said if the government goes on with the trial, Igbo youths might have no option than to embark on unending protests.

According to him, “the Federal Government is underestimating the capacity of Igbos to engage in militancy. We want to make them aware of the fact that if they go on with their plans to try Uwazuruike for treason after granting amnesty to Niger Delta militants and planning to do same to the Boko Haram sect that has killed a lot of Nigerians, then we will be left with no choice than to cause mayhem in this country.”

Also speaking, the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the International Society for Civil Liberties and the Rule of Law, Emeka Umeagbalasi described the court pronouncement as a means of oppressing the Igbo nation using the judiciary. He said, “MASSOB is a non violent organisation that has not at any time taken up arms against the Federal Government like other groups such as the Boko Haram sect and the Niger Delta militants had done in the past. Despite the fact that the Boko Haram sect had taken up arms against the country and had even caused the death of thousands of innocent Nigerians, the government is still bent on granting them amnesty even when they are rejecting it. So far, these groups have not been made to face trial.

“Therefore, the decision to try Uwazuruike and members of his group for treason shows the high level of inequality in the country. “The Igbo have suffered the worst form of marginalisation and this ruling is going to further aggravate the situation and cause unrest in the country.” Meanwhile, MASSOB has warned that it will cause mayhem in the country if the life of its leader is threatened.

Speaking to Daily Sun, MASSOB’s Director of Information, Uche Madu said it was unfair that the government sort to grant amnesty to a group responsible for the death of thousands, yet wants to prosecute a group that had carried out its activities in a peaceful manner. “Boko Haram’s activities would be child’s play compared to what MASSOB would do if the government goes on with its plans” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/try-uwazuruike-for-treason-face-hell/
If d govt start to listen to every agitated group, where would this end. This MASSOB ppl shld get a life, if they dont like the ruling, they shld take their grievance to court. If they make any trouble, the law shld deal firmly with them, Shio.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Visits Ken Sarowiwa Polytechnic / SSANU, NASU To Commence Two-Week Warning Strike Monday / Who Is Orji Uzor Kalu's Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.