Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,518 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:00 AM

We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie (42243 Views)

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
99cent: most anti-feminist and misogynists also tend to be rabid homophobics. the correlation isn't coincidental.
although some of them indeed are secretly gay or they are beta-males. who feel threatened by strong females.
just like all feminists are ugly+obese+lesbians I feel your pain cry
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
99cent:

besides religion, it is mostly just a privilege issue. if you have grown up as a male seeing women being treated as second class citizen, you will feel superior to women and will be very unwilling to relinquish your privilege. This is same for all groups that want to maintain and defend a status quo in opposition to a marginalized group.
religion is usually just a reflection of culture. ex. the way christianity is practiced in Nigeria will be different from the way it is practiced in a society with more gender equality and civil rights.
@bolded, true that.
Boy, these men are really unwilling to relinquish their priviledged position and give women a chance. So very unwilling to do that.
I understand them sha, positions of priviledge are really nice to be in, but it is still injustice and unfairness in the end so make dem try, even if its not easy.
I just pity the foolish women that are not even ready to move themselves ahead, they will rather side with those that want to keep them suppresed so that men don't loose their positions of priviledge. I no even sabi which name I suppose call all those kain women, whether I should call them uncle tom abi aunty tom, me I no know
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE] wink grin

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
fellis:
@bolded, true that.
Boy, these men are really unwilling to relinquish their priviledged position and give women a chance. So very unwilling to do that.
I understand them sha, positions of priviledge are really nice to be in, but it is still injustice and unfairness in the end so make dem try, even if its not easy.
I just pity the foolish women that are not even ready to move themselves ahead, they will rather side with those that want to keep them suppresed so that men don't loose their positions of priviledge. I no even sabi which name I suppose call all those kain women, whether I should call them uncle tom abi aunty tom, me I no know

those sort of women are extremely few in number. and typically what happens is that many of them change their mind over time. sometimes it only takes a horrible experience to convert them.
but for the rest, IDK.
i mean there are some black member of the KKK.i've heard of such so you never know.
there are also black republicans. hahahahah so there is no surprise that there will be some female anti-feminists.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
99cent:

those sort of women are extremely few in number. and typically what happens is that many of them change their mind over time. sometimes it only takes a horrible experience to convert them.
but for the rest, IDK.
i mean there are some black member of the KKK.i've heard of such so you never know.
there are also black republicans. hahahahah so there is no surprise that there will be some female anti-feminists.

Lose some weight and they Will toast u , stop being bitter
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Lose some weight and they Will toast u , stop being bitter

monkey.. chimpanzee or whatever your name is... hop off my back.
not all males are anti-feminists okay? at least not to my face grin
and who says a girl can't toast a boy?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
99cent:

monkey.. chimpanzee or whatever your name is... hop off my back.
not all males are anti-feminists okay? at least not to my face grin
I'm trying to help you, I know being lonely and rejected esp by your own and the one you worship can drive someone crazy. Make yourself attractive.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I'm trying to help you, I know being lonely and rejected esp by your own and the one you worship can drive someone crazy. Make yourself attractive.

awww what a cute monkey. so you are lonely and rejected? eeyah srry I can't help you with that.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
99cent:

awww what a cute monkey. so you are lonely and rejected? eeyah srry I can't help you with that.
that's you please someone help this girl. Tosh, biola , David, pleep? Someone do something. We have an obese+ ugly and mad girl on the loose
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
99cent:

CAMEROONPRIDE: quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE] wink grin

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Crayola1: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
I don't know why guys get so insane in the head over the word feminism. I think its a lack of understanding of what it entails.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1: I don't know why guys get so insane in the head over the word feminism. I think its a lack of understanding of what it entails.
maybe you can explain better because your sisters really didn't do a good job

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
c.fours did the babalawo cut your clit?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
Cameroonpride which one is your own sef? Please let me get you once and for all, let me understand where you stand on the issue of gender equality because you keep talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Do you believe in gender equality or not? Yes or no? For heaven's sake! Your brother pagan9ja is far more consistent than you are, when he says he believes in gender equality he sticks to what he says, you don't see him making comments like 'get back into the kitchen' and other such nonsense.
Where do you stand cameroon pride? be specific let me know once and for all.
Thank you
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Crayola1: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: maybe you can explain better because your sisters really didn't do a good job

If two doctors one male and one female do the same job and amount of work should they not be paid the same?

From high level jobs to menial work women are often paid less for their work even if they produce the same quality of work as a man.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1:

If two doctors one male and one female do the same job and amount of work should they not be paid the same?

From high level jobs to menial work women are often paid less for their work even if they produce the same quality of work as a man.

this has been debunked
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Crayola1: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

this has been debunked

With what facts. Please not some loon with a blog.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1:

Can you use specific examples please

In your field are u paid less than a male yes or no
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Crayola1: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

Can you use specific examples please

In your field are u paid less than a male yes or no

Google.com I'm not going to belabor a fact that can be found in .0000009 seconds.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
WTF Cameroonpride? Are you going to continue ignoring the question I asked or you going to answer it and clear the air once and for all?
Please answer the question I asked you in my last post, stop running away from it you big fat gigantic hypocrite angry
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1:

Google.com I'm not going to belabor a fact that can be found in .0000009 seconds.

Thanks but I asked u specifically to know if u are being paid less than a male rather than recycling or peddling some others' words

IF u dont want to answer ,,,, fair enough

I will like to hear if any female that is qualified for a role as a male was paid less than the male

Then we can talk
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
fellis: WTF Cameroonpride? Are you going to continue ignoring the question I asked or you going to answer it and clear the air once and for all?
Please answer the question I asked you in my last post, stop running away from it you big fat gigantic hypocrite
i'm not for women domination over men and def not for men domination over women, i hope it answers your question
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

Thanks but I asked u specifically to know if u are being paid less than a male rather than recycling or peddling some others' words

I will like to hear if any female that is qualified for a role as a male was paid less than the male

Then we can talk

they just repeat that wage gape BS, like parrots

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1:

With what facts. Please not some loon with a blog.
you are the one who made the claim, so show us the facts to shut our mouths.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Crayola1: 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

Then we can talk

Have you experienced descrimination or racism before? If you say no, does that negate the fact that others have?

Its called an average, some women are paid fairly while others are not, but on average many do not receive a fair wage. Its a simple point really.

Next, in Nigeria at least, is there any transparency to see how wages are distributed? If no then how do you expect anyone to know who makes what.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1: I don't know why guys get so insane in the head over the word feminism. I think its a lack of understanding of what it entails.

hahaha.u have a lot to learn and realize about the guys on here.

imagine one of them used d argument along d lines of "I grew up and was raised to be head of household.so therefore any woman who has leadership skills must be a man hiding in woman's clothes." and he got a round of applause from his fellow poster friends. another one was talking about "traditional african ways" and how feminism is demeaning african society (yet he is posting behind a computer screen and typing in english mind you and probably has a white collar job).

there is no misunderstanding AT ALL. these guys are just against gender equality, plain and simple.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i'm not for women domination over men and def not for men domination over women, i hope it answers your question

What the hell are you talking about?
DO YOU BELIEVE IN GENDER EQUALITY?
Yes or no?
I didnt ask you whether you are for men dominating women or women dominating men. Shuo?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1:

Sums up the feminist position pretty well!
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4lb88DMeo

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

Then we can talk

why are you so against a male being paid equally to a female for the same job?
ex. in nigeria, a foreign US/UK national will be paid a LOT more for the same job as a domestic. this is not even hidden and just because you accept this (simply because the owner of such companies tend to be foreign) doesn't mean everyone else who sees a disparity in pay should just keep quiet or shut their mouth because a man owns the company or whatever reason is behind d disparity.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
this doesn't apply to all places of work obviously but it exists in many workplaces.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Crayola1: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are the one who made the claim, so show us the facts to shut our mouths.

http://social.dol.gov/blog/myth-busting-the-pay-gap/
http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/products/Worldswomen/Executive%20summary.htm
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
Crayola1:

Have you experienced descrimination or racism before? If you say no, does that negate the fact that others have?

Its called an average, some women are paid fairly while others are not, but on average many do not receive a fair wage. Its a simple point really.

Next, in Nigeria at least, is there any transparency to see how wages are distributed? If no then how do you expect anyone to know who makes what.

I have experienced discrimination, racism subtly when I was on a study
In nigeria all the females I have worked with earn the same as a male with the requisite qualifications

So when u speak of wage gap based on gender, I am yet to see it in nigeria

This is why I ask you do you have a personal experience of wage differential based on gender or do u know anyone who has suffered it

Note I have asked fellis, bukatyne and 99cent and they have never been able to answer directly

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (42) (Reply)

Before And After Photos Of Amaechi's Pot Belly By Reno Omokri / Shekarau's Defection To PDP In 2014 & 2022 In Pictures: Has Anything Changed? / "If You Have N1m Run Away From Nigeria" -Tinubu Supporter Advocates For Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.