Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,868 members, 7,876,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie (42210 Views)

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:

Page 18

I am tired of asking you to quote the f*cking post so I'll stop. You and I know that the reason why you cannot quote the post is because I didn't call you a hyena in it and you were just labelling false accusations against me.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

I am tired of asking you to quote the f*cking post so I'll stop. You and I know that the reason why you cannot quote the post is because I didn't call you a hyena in it and you were just labelling false accusations against me.

woman,,, u are so quick to use vulgar posts,,, what is the context that led to the swear word
is the matter that serious... you are really taking this personal
Swearing?

Ok your words quoted.. if it makes you feel better

fellis:

Why don't you try to contribute something meaningful to the topic instead of just laughing like a hyena?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:

woman,,, u are so quick to use vulgar posts,,, what is the context that led to the swear word
is the matter that serious... you are really taking this personal
Swearing?

After you made a false accusation against me you are still asking me if the matter is serious?
Are you kidding me?
What annoys me more is that you are sticking to your lie, you are not even apologetic and you keep pretending you don't know what you did.

This is what I said,
fellis::

Why don't you try to contribute something meaningful to the topic instead of just laughing like a hyena?
Even a five year old will not interprete this post to mean that I am calling you a hyena.
Just get off my back already, I don't want to continue this issue with you so I'll let it end here.
But if you piss me off enough in your next post then I will reply.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Woman

I don't have an assignment to harass you, have you forgotten this is an online forum and we really are anonymous
For all i know you may be a woman who is being beaten by your man and you come here as fellis the feline who takes no rubbish from no one

Its not personal eh

A forum is a place of discourse where ideas are debated for either learning or critique

You now deign to teach me metaphors or similes to show I am not as smart as a 5 year old

You are really funny

You are free to react anyhow you wany - that's your prerogative

If you cannot make a point without insulting - that's your prerogative

I am free to react or ignore - that is my own prerogative

Ish

fellis:

After you made a false accusation against me you are still asking me if the matter is serious?
Are you kidding me?
What annoys me more is that you are sticking to your lie, you are not even apologetic and you keep pretending you don't know what you did.

This is what I said,

Even a five year old will not interprete this post to mean that I am calling you a hyena.
Just get off my back already, I don't want to continue this issue with you so I'll let it end here.
But if you piss me off enough in your next post then I will reply.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:

sensible ... ? fellis that has a potty mouth insulting me for the last few days

i laff in hyena

grin grin grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee: Woman

I don't have an assignment to harass you, have you forgotten this is an online forum and we really are anonymous
For all i know you may be a woman who is being beaten by your man and you come here as fellis the feline who takes no rubbish from no one

Its not personal eh

A forum is a place of discourse where ideas are debated for either learning or critique

You now deign to teach me metaphors or similes to show I am not as smart as a 5 year old

You are really funny

You are free to react anyhow you wany - that's your prerogative

If you cannot make a point without insulting - that's your prerogative

I am free to react or ignore - that is my own prerogative

Ish

God! See long story first! grin
Just because he does not want to admit he was wrong?

Anyway, I don't have a husband that beats me in real life, I am just trying to make life better for women and to empower them from being so dependent on men, that's why you see me preaching gender equality on NL.
Maybe you think I have a wife battering husband because you beat your wife at home smiley
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:
Most of the time I do that and most times other women in the vehicle talk, like on monday when the driver of a bus I was in made a comment about how women are always scared when driving, he said that because one female driver was trying to get into a curve and was delaying his movement since her car was in front of him.
I was sitting close to the driver so I just quietly told him that he shouldn't generalize because of only one woman.
If I was sitting far away from the bus driver I wouldn't have talked to him about it because I would have had to shout to do so and that would be crazy, lol
The driver didn't say anything back tho grin
lol anyway this ain't sexism , and you definitively don't need feminism or whatever you want to call it, to change them. however , I understand them, there are more male drivers, so the way women drive is weird for them, not saying women don't know how to drive. imagine yourself in another country , you will probably consider a of things weird. Men are used to drive a certain way. tongue tongue
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Anyway, I don't have a husband that beats me in real life, I am just trying to make life better for women and to empower them from being so dependent on men, that's why you see me preaching gender equality on NL.
Maybe you think I have a wife battering husband because you beat your wife at home smiley
are u married
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Seems we can actually have a rancour free debate ... phew...........

As i have told you countlessly, i believe in social justice and that will clear out most of the issues that arise from your stand

You may call it gender equality or anything else, as long as it does not infringe on another's basic human rights

The reference to you being beaten was a reference to your online persona which i believe displays a high level of aggression towards males, moreover coupled with an intolerance of dissenting opinions. Such persons are usually not as belligerent in their real lives but express this anger via an online alter ego.

Note this is how i perceive your online persona...
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: are u married
No.
CAMEROONPRIDE:
lol anyway this ain't sexism , and you definitively don't need feminism or whatever you want to call it, to change them. however , I understand them, there are more male drivers, so the way women drive is weird for them, not saying women don't know how to drive. imagine yourself in another country , you will probably consider a of things weird. Men are used to drive a certain way. tongue tongue
It was sexism. The man was discriminiting against the generality of women by saying they are scared when driving, indirectly saying women are not as good as men or as bold as men.
I drive my parents car sometimes and the number of female drivers is roughly the same as male drivers, there is nothing wierd about female drivers on the road biko.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:
As i have told you countlessly, i believe in social justice and that will clear out most of the issues that arise from your stand
You may call it gender equality or anything else, as long as it does not infringe on another's basic human rights

The reference to you being beaten was a reference to your online persona which i believe displays a high level of aggression towards males, moreover coupled with an intolerance of dissenting opinions. Such persons are usually not as belligerent in their real lives but express this anger via an online alter ego.

Ok
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:
No.

It was sexism. The man was discriminiting against the generality of women by saying they are scared when driving, indirectly saying women are not as good as men or as bold as men.
I drive my parents car sometimes and the number of female drivers is roughly the same as male drivers, there is nothing wierd about female drivers on the road biko.
are u saying men and women drive the same way? hell no .

men outnumber women, c'mon how many women taxi drivers or bus drivers?
he was discriminating , he was making a comment.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:

Docta
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: men outnumber women, c'mon how many women taxi drivers or bus drivers?
he was discriminating , he was making a comment.

Other than the commercial drivers, there is no difference between male and female drivers and please, the dude was discriminating. Its just like saying that because there are fewer albino driver on the road then that means the albinos are wierd and its ok to make false generalizing statements about them .
There is nothing weird about how women drive, you cameroonpride, have you noticed any differnce between the way women drive and the way men drive in your country?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Other than the commercial drivers, there is no difference between male and female drivers and please, the dude was discriminating. Its just like saying that because there are fewer albino driver on the road then that means the albinos are wierd and its ok to make false generalizing statements about them .
There is nothing weird about how women drive, you cameroonpride, have you noticed any differnce between the way women drive and the way men drive in your country?

there's is a lot , i know women who remove their hands on the wheel when someone come close to them .

okay your example doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with what i said .

yes i have noticed. in fact i don't feel comfortable with a female driver that i don't know, i don't even enter in such cars . God forbid if i sleep when a female drive. when they drive they always need a male approval before doing something or will justify any move. grin grin grin

Ps; and
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
there's is a lot , i know women who remove their hands on the wheel when someone come close to them.
okay your example doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with what i said .
yes i have noticed. in fact i don't feel comfortable with a female driver that i don't know, i don't even enter in such cars . God forbid if i sleep when a female drive. when they drive they always need a male approval before doing something or will justify any move. grin grin grin

Ps; and

Cameroonpride the honest guy grin
There is so much honesty in this your post walahi grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Cameroonpride the honest guy grin
There is so much honesty in this your post walahi grin
sarcasm?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: sarcasm?

Of course
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Of course
grin grin grin

why are u being sarcastic? i wasn't lying. maybe you drive like a man tongue grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin grin

why are u being sarcastic? i wasn't lying. maybe you drive like a man tongue grin

Abeg, there is no 'male driving' or 'female driving', a good driver is good and a bad driver is bad at driving. Gender has nothing to do with it smiley
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Abeg, there is no 'male driving' or 'female driving', a good driver is good and a bad driver is bad at driving. Gender has nothing to do with it smiley
no no, instructors are always more tolerant with women, that's why women don't really know how to drive. i heard some even don't complete their lessons lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue

weird doesn't mean bad. wink
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: no no, instructors are always more tolerant with women, that's why women don't really know how to drive. i heard some even don't complete their lessons lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue

weird doesn't mean bad. wink

Lol, Cameroonpride na you sabi. I dunno what kind of women you have in Cameroon that cannot carry out a simple activity like driving tongue
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

Lol, Cameroonpride na you sabi. I dunno what kind of women you have in Cameroon that cannot carry out a simple activity like driving tongue
lmao , they drive we ain't an Islamic sate grin grin. anyway i'm just pulling your legs, besides the men that insult those women are uneducated and don't represent all Nigerian men cool
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao , they drive we ain't an Islamic sate grin grin. anyway i'm just pulling your legs, besides the men that insult those women are uneducated and don't represent all Nigerian men cool

That was nice to read smiley smiley smiley
And yes, they don't represent all Nigerian men but they are still plenty sha.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
fellis:

That was nice to read smiley smiley smiley
And yes, they don't represent all Nigerian men but they are still plenty sha.
grin grin grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Wow! shocked
This thread still dey? undecided

Anyways, since women want to lead us, I've hot gist for y'all women, as July 4 is approaching, and you want to lead, [size=28pt]surprise all the men by secretly taking your hisband's/boyfriend's account number and dump $10,000.00 in it grin
Show leadership cheesy[/size]

2 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2013
fellis:

well why dont you start with your muslim "brothers". they seem to be the ones who teach that it is ok to whip your wifey's butt insha allah. grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 04, 2013
davidylan:

well why dont you start with your muslim "brothers". they seem to be the ones who teach that it is ok to whip your wifey's butt insha allah. grin

Now I see where the need to be a feminist stems from!
Between...anyone here seen Django Unchained... That movie is off the hook! It is highly recommended cool
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 2:13am On Jul 04, 2013
Django unchained. Ok. Is it still in cinemas?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 04, 2013
toshmann: Django unchained. Ok. Is it still in cinemas?

I was kinda late...
grin grin grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 2:18am On Jul 04, 2013
I.Joan:

I was kinda late...
grin grin grin

Lol grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 2:19am On Jul 04, 2013
Breaking News Feminists!!

Anti abortion laws passed in Kansas, Ohio and (very soon) Texas cool
Closely watching North Carolina and Florida

This bloodshed must end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (42) (Reply)

Boma Goodhead Challenges Armed DSS Officer: 'I Dare You To Shoot This Bullet' / President Buhari In Abakaliki, Shuns Guard Of Honour / The Moment Ifeanyi Uba & Fayose Stormed Ekwueme Square, Awka- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.