Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Religion - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Religion (50532 Views)

In Defence Of Religion - Pt 1. [The Necessity Of Religion In Churches And Homes] / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion by frank317: 10:32pm On May 23, 2013
rofemiguwa: U didn't disappoint now am scared please no harm shud come to adanna and nkiru please and chidi too.biko

Are u sure that none of them will be hurt? Out of four of them? Them no be superman now, besides did u see d kind of guys working with priest?

princesa: this happen to be one of the best chapter i have read, i didn't see any typo, am sure you did a big time editing in this update, the narrative was flawless and held me spell bound.

this is the Frank i read, who contributed in the Lucan story

welldone dearsmiley

Lol, thanks... May I state that I am undergoing a kind of depression while writing this story... Infact I am using this story to escape from the sadness I feel.
Re: The Religion by purpinkx(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2013
Nice story frank ... Sweet plot unpredictable
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 11:13pm On May 23, 2013
frank3.16:

Thanks luvmi, pls read the part I gave priest's brief history, he was known as priest even when he was in school and before he went to prison, infact the name was given to him in school. I totally adopted the name in prison. Adanna would have heard someone callin him that. She was close to his brother remember.
Frank, once again well done. You can afford to be given readers via nairaland assignment to be doing guess work but per adventure I pay to read ur work with my hard earn money u don't expect me to be guessing, in order words 'Be explicit.'
Re: The Religion by frank317: 11:30pm On May 23, 2013
luvmijeje:
Frank, once again well done. You can afford to be given readers via nairaland assignment to be doing guess work but per adventure I pay to read ur work with my hard earn money u don't expect me to be guessing, in order words 'Be explicit.'

But it was written clearly dat blessing was called priest even before going to prison. Perhaps u missed it.

Concerning the burning house, I pointed out clear detail why u should know the house didn't completely burn. One is the fact that papas room was not affected.

Ok I will work on that sha, thanks
Re: The Religion by frank317: 11:32pm On May 23, 2013
purpinkx: Nice story frank ... Sweet plot unpredictable

Unpredictable? Ok I like that, u an pls say it again.
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 11:48pm On May 23, 2013
frank3.16:

But it was written clearly dat blessing was called priest even before going to prison. Perhaps u missed it.

Concerning the burning house, I pointed out clear detail why u should know the house didn't completely burn. One is the fact that papas room was not affected.

Ok I will work on that sha, thanks
Bros Frank, u wrote that blessing was called Priest when he was in sch,not in his neighbourhood,not in his family. And you didn't write how Adanna got to know about that name.
Concerning the burnt house maybe Papa escaped b4 the house burnt totally and died of smoke inhalation or maybe the room papa was inside has been so much jazz that fire can't penetrate and he died of high blòod pressure abi? Since u ve given us assignment to be doing guesswork.
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 12:26am On May 24, 2013
luvmijeje:
Bros Frank, u wrote that blessing was called Priest when he was in sch,not in his neighbourhood,not in his family. And you didn't write how Adanna got to know about that name.
Concerning the burnt house maybe Papa escaped b4 the house burnt totally and died of smoke inhalation or maybe the room papa was inside has been so much jazz that fire can't penetrate and he died of high blòod pressure abi? Since u ve given us assignment to be doing guesswork.

I can't stop laughing @ds post.!
@Frank,, its a Duplex here. M aware d haus cn't b burnt totali bt where n where dt were burnt wasn't stated.. It wasn't detailed.

You didn't respond to my questn on d Priest n hz boiz Identificatn by witnesses.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:25am On May 24, 2013
luvmijeje:

Oh boy see drilling.
Luvmi, I hope u don't watch too much nigerian film where they waste time giving unecessary datails and don't allow the viewrs to participate.

Haba, u already know that he was called priest in school and don't think he would be called that by friends and neigbours at home?
Ok, I will take note amd point that out during editing.

For papas case, I specifically pointed out, and I quote, "papa choked in his room because the fire didn't get there" why would u think he ran out or think of jazz(well if u think of jazz, that's ok because it could b possible)

No problem sha I will take note during proper editing.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:33am On May 24, 2013
iebanehita:

I can't stop laughing @ds post.!
@Frank,, its a Duplex here. M aware d haus cn't b burnt totali bt where n where dt were burnt wasn't stated.. It wasn't detailed.

You didn't respond to my questn on d Priest n hz boiz Identificatn by witnesses.

Ok will put in more details during editin, thanks

Priest and d boiz identification? Five gun men comes into a compound and shoot at random, and u think d likely hood of someone not properly identifying them is not possible? Remember they only noted that one of the boys was really big, but what other kind of detail should survivals give. He was tall, black, had big head, used left hand, stammered, had green eyes... Etc ? Beside they didn't even get that close enough, and I believe the ones who got that close were d ones who lost their lives. So leave that one.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:38am On May 24, 2013
Judging from the FEW responses I am getting here, its either this story is boring or really incoherent, cos I can see it is apealling to only a few people.

I am thinking, writing this is really stressful, why go through it if u can't get a large audience. Ahh, I feel tired sha.
I will have to take my time to revisit this story... And make it better. I hope my few fans will understtand. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Religion by wumsgreen(f): 7:48am On May 24, 2013
frank3.16:
Judging from the FEW responses I am getting here, its either this story is boring or really incoherent, cos I can see it is apealling to only a few people.

I am thinking, writing this is really stressful, why go through it if u can't get a large audience. Ahh, I feel tired sha.
I will have to take my time to revisit this story... And make it better. I hope my few fans will understtand. Thanks
its not boring frank.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:38am On May 24, 2013
wumsgreen: its not boring frank.

Sure? Ok just seeing u. Thanks

And oh... Luvmi pls pm me, I don't how to do it. Or send me a mail tru my email on the first page.
I want to ask u for a favour. Larry pls if u are there can I have ur email too. Pls respond to this today.
Thanks
Re: The Religion by Rapmaestro(m): 9:19am On May 24, 2013
Frank, Ibe held a knife abi? Shouldn't there be bloodstain on him when murdering the guards that should have been visible while he was amidst the crowd...
BTW, the two cops sent by the inspector, can they see what's going on inside Daniel's house because if assuming he was the perpetrator, he could call people to do his nasty job for him while he is inside except if he is wired or being watched with a placed, secret camera
Re: The Religion by weezii(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2013
@frank its not boring @all just that some of us always enjoy the reading without dropping a comment. The number of views u have is meant to tell you something that its not.

Yes there are some typo errors but asides that, this is a great piece of work. Do NOT let anything discourage you from tapping deeper into this talent of yours. More grease to your elbow bro.

Still waiting for saturday oooo
Re: The Religion by drsolob(m): 9:28am On May 24, 2013
Frank i would say u are good and dnt be discourage.Continue the good work.

1 Like

Re: The Religion by Eneze1(f): 11:13am On May 24, 2013
Frank this is a good piece, actually those question being asked from ur fans have already been answered in my mind due to watching a lot of foreign movies, anyway keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: The Religion by Adinije(f): 2:47pm On May 24, 2013
more grease to ur elbow, Frank. Please don't get discourage, a lot of readers like me got carried away by the beauty of the story and forget to drop words of encourage.
Re: The Religion by sambroose(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2013
Oh My World.......where is this Isiluv, better come and Learn how to write entertaining and suspense fill stories and stop boring us with ur English
Re: The Religion by trixandra(f): 7:34pm On May 24, 2013
Please, don't leave us Frank. I actually visit Literature section to know if you have updated and I feel completely satisfied logging out. Having read all your stories except cyber lover , I know you are an exceptionally gifted story teller and writer... Thumbs up
Re: The Religion by trixandra(f): 7:39pm On May 24, 2013
sambroose: Oh My World.......where is this Isiluv, better come and Learn how to write entertaining and suspense fill stories and stop boring us with ur English
Thank God is not our dear Ishilove that is boring you but isiluv. I wonder who has that name.
You don't criticise a writer in a destructive manner but in a constructive manner to help the writer grow. All fingers are not equal

3 Likes

Re: The Religion by barag(f): 9:11pm On May 24, 2013
trixandra:
Thank God is not our dear Ishilove that is boring you but isiluv. I wonder who has that name.
You don't criticise a writer in a destructive manner but in a constructive manner to help the writer grow. All fingers are not equal
i like ur reply, its quite mature.
we should realise dt every writer has a unique style of writing. what's an interestin story without good English?

2 Likes

Re: The Religion by barag(f): 9:21pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=frank3.16]

Are u sure that none of them will be hurt? Out of four of them? Them no be superman now, besides did u see d kind of guys working with priest?

May I state that I am undergoing a kind of depression while writing this story... Infact I am using this story to escape from the sadness I feel
Frank its almost inevitable dt none of dem wil b hurt bt make Priest no kil any of them o.Enjoyin d story all d way.
as for being depressed dnt wory it wil pass,its jst a process,b strong
Re: The Religion by nacksonjoe: 9:23pm On May 24, 2013
Frank please don't stop am one of those quiet readers dat don't like making comment.ur work is quite interesting keep it coming.Cheers
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:42pm On May 24, 2013
Rap maestro: Frank, Ibe held a knife abi? Shouldn't there be bloodstain on him when murdering the guards that should have been visible while he was amidst the crowd...
BTW, the two cops sent by the inspector, can they see what's going on inside Daniel's house because if assuming he was the perpetrator, he could call people to do his nasty job for him while he is inside except if he is wired or being watched with a placed, secret camera

nice point u pointed out on the bloody stained cloth. i will have to point that out when editing thanks.

well the cops cant tell what he is doing inside, they reported what they saw and feel. and besides, bassey have stared having doubt that he was connected to the killings, he only asked to fulfill curiosity and the answer he got was okay. if Daniel wanted to call his people he will do that weather with camera or not. they had been following him all day and SAW nothing suspicious, they had no choice but to report what they saw.
Re: The Religion by Ishilove: 1:57am On May 25, 2013
sambroose: Oh My World.......where is this Isiluv, better come and Learn how to write entertaining and suspense fill stories and stop boring us with ur English
Write your own let us read.

Nah, I take that back. Please, I beg you, don't write, because if your written English is anything to go by, a story written by you will surely deaden the readers' brains. sad sad

Frank, I'm still on page one but you gat me hooked! Great job cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Religion by An0nimus: 7:07am On May 25, 2013
so many writers to follow meehn cry This is a masterpiece. *page bookmarked* make I go cut grass first then come read the remaining 9 pages. I dey come biko coolgrin

@Frank my brother idi good, kai I can't fit shout. I been in Owerri before so I can relate to the addresses given lol like I'm walking through the streets in my head.

I love the way you started; hittin a few chapters at the get-go just like in movie series with pilot episodes. Me likeysmiley

chai 9 pages ocrycrycry
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:43am On May 25, 2013
wow, guys... now this is what i am talking about. u guys dont know how bad i felt that after two days of that long update, i had just 7 comments... it wasnt just fair.

i wish i had seen all these comments, i wouldnt have engaged myself for today. i almost abandoned the work and have not even touched it since the last update, cause i felt... u know...

but why dont u guys like commenting on my thread, duhh.. i see other treads with interesting stories na... some pages go on commenting, not even update... bu look at mine, ten pages with ten updates (ten chapters) it sounds like i am the only one here (while i appreciate the few who post), it sounds funny that u say my story is interesting but dont comment and comment on other intersting thread.

this was the same response i got when posting my other stories... and it make me feel like a boring guy.

well, thanks guys for reading still, its really nice to know u are there. i have decided to finish the story, i am even curious to see how it end, however, i wouldt be able to update this weekend like i promised. ur comments just got me awaken, i will start working on a new update on Sunday... so an update will be made on Monday. thank you

1 Like

Re: The Religion by Mynd44: 7:46am On May 25, 2013
Frank, I understand what you are going through and believe me, I have been there. You should not give up cos you feel no one reads cos believe me, people are reading.

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:48am On May 25, 2013

meeeeen guy, that ishi is a bad asss, if i could write like her and Larry... chimamanda for no see my back. do u know how i feel when i read their stories? they make me feel like crying... they make me wonder if i am actually a writer

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:49am On May 25, 2013
Ishilove:
Write your own let us read.

Nah, I take that back. Please, I beg you, don't write, because if your written English is anything to go by, a story written by you will surely deaden the readers' brains. sad sad

Frank, I'm still on page one but you gat me hooked! Great job cheesy

*bowing down and prostrating* i no no say u de here, i for don wear better cloth come. pls pls pls read and tell em what u think
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:51am On May 25, 2013
wow!!! so many comments.... so na una plan be this... i asked for comments and u guys decided to punish me with it, ok, thanks all, now i feel like we are getting there.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:56am On May 25, 2013
An0nimus: so many writers to follow meehn cry This is a masterpiece. *page bookmarked* make I go cut grass first then come read the remaining 9 pages. I dey come biko coolgrin

@Frank my brother idi good, kai I can't fit shout. I been in Owerri before so I can relate to the addresses given lol like I'm walking through the streets in my head.

I love the way you started; hittin a few chapters at the get-go just like in movie series with pilot episodes. Me likeysmiley

chai 9 pages ocrycrycry

mnnn, ok. nanne, ke kwanu... me be collage guyooo, although i grew up in the north. thanks sha.

Mynd_44: Frank, I understand what you are going through and believe me, I have been there. You should not give up cos you feel no one reads cos believe me, people are reading.
thanks man... i can now see

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / The Murder Case- A short story / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.